• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Um, that's just all the trailers put together. I'm pretty sure the intro is just the fourth part.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm gonna get all my schoolwork done over the weekend so that I should be able to play pretty much all of Tuesday and Wednesday night.

Assuming I get it then...

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm asking the 15th off, and getting it then. Dumb question, but is this game like SSFIV and comes with everything unlocked, or do you unlock stuff?

Edit: Nevermind.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
I have school so I wont' be playing all night in an online lobby, but is playing online the first thing you guys plan to do? :p
Gotta hit up the lab. Open ended game and tons of characters means I gotta spend more time in there than Dexter.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I have school so I wont' be playing all night in an online lobby, but is playing online the first thing you guys plan to do? :p
I don't think anyone here's going to be playing online right away.

I might do some online during the weekend of release, but I want to do arcade and practice in training mode for awhile.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well in fairness Minato, I bet there's gonna be SOMEONE online right away.
Now that I think about it, maybe I'll be online for a little bit of the first day. XD
Just to play a friend I know. That is, if he does pick up the game on the first day.

Other than that, unlocking the 4 characters is top priority.

But I'm not going to go online and just face random strangers for awhile.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Now that I think about it, maybe I'll be online for a little bit of the first day. XD
Just to play a friend I know. That is, if he does pick up the game on the first day.

Other than that, unlocking the 4 characters is top priority.

But I'm not going to go online and just face random strangers for awhile.
That hurt me.

That hurt me right here.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I really don't give a damn about what Clockwork thinks. I'm no hop on. But I guess thats why you see Matrix ran as much as MSP, Thrax, and Scrub, right?

Suspect

Smash Hero
just got back from playing it. long story short...its kinda weird >_> and I hate the controls.

and Arthur is extremely gay, I can already see everyone online choosing him and camping/spamming

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Shuma-Gorath Moveset
b-charge-f+AT: Mystic Stare: (hold) Shoots out a ring of eyeballs. According to the guide, the explosion hits OTG. (?)

wcf+AT: Mystic Smash: (Air ok)- Guide says it has a "slight frame advantage on block". Version moves almost full screen. It also says you can combo off the version in air, I think.

hcb+AT: Devitalization: Command throw. Guide says there is almost no range difference per version.

d-charge-u+AT: Mystic Ray: Shuma lets lose a sweeping laser blast from his eye. Each version starts along the ground then stops at a certain distance (I think). Think it also said each version can hit OTG. L
stops right in front of Shuma. (Standard eye height for him), M Stops at a 45 degree angle (upwards), H Makes Shuma's beam go completely verticle according to the pic.

Hyper Combo's

srk+AT,AT: Hyper Mystic Smash: Looks like old school HMS. Said to hit OTG.

qcb+AT,AT: Hyper Mystic Ray: Super sweepin' laser. Also said to hit OTG.

qcf+AT,AT: (Level 3) Chaos Dimension: The guide description made it sound just like X23's Level 3. It says hit H when the enemy is close to start the combo part.

Jill Valentine Moveset
qcf+L: Flip Kick: Jil does a flash kick type move. Acts as a mini launcher (?)
qcf+M: Cartwheel Kick: Causes ground bounce.
qcf+H: Arrow Kick: A flying forward kick. According to the guide it wall bounces.

qcb+AT: Double Knee Drop: An air only dive kick thing. Kinda looked like Phoenix's Burning Beak dive. Also said to be an overhead. M Ground bounces airborne opponents, H version causes stagger status on ground opponents.

srk+L: Fallen Prey: Looks like Jill is mounting her opponent for a painful attack in the pic. Guide says it hits low and can hit OTG.
srk+M: Ensnarement: Looks like Sonya Blade's Scissor Kick from MK. Says it leaves the enemy in an untechable knockdown state if it hits.
srk+H: Position Change: Command grab. Stuns opponent.

d,d+S: Feral Crouch: Jill gains a weird purple aura. In this state she can't block (I'm guessing like Shulk's track stance), but has access to new moves. One button makes her do a flash kick like move, a drop kick type move... oh, and hitting // will make Jill quickly dash into that corner of the screen. Weird stuff.

Hyper Combo's

Machine Gun Spray: Looks like Jill spins her guns around her in air really fast. Guide says it hits OTG.

Raven Spike: Looked liked Maximum Spider/Phatom Dance kinda. Can't be sure, was just one screen.

Mad Beast (Level 3): Jill goes into berserk mode and enters a permament "Feral Crouch" state. I'm imagining shenanigans for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQe2GjaGt9M&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_PzTNIzyeo&feature=player_embedded

GreenAce

Smash Ace
Just played marvel for like 10 hours today. The game is so godlike.

There are a bunch of characters that I thought weren't really going to be relevent like Hulk, tasky, and Arthur that are just amazing.

Also if anybody has any questions just ask and i'll try to find out.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I preferred Shuma's old theme (even if it kind of didn't match him, IMO).
His new one isn't bad, but I don't like how it sounds really close to MODOK's. Or maybe that's just my imagination.

Man, I wish there was a store nearby my house that broke the street date for Marvel. :(

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Jill/Shuma info
What are their assists?

Arthur/MODOK/Sent is such a frustrating team to fight. Like, legit pissed off frustrating.
That team actually seems really bad since none of those characters have a way to cover angles directly above them. If you really want to make a hardcore defensive team, it would probably be best to cut one of them for Deadpool, Dante, Morrigan or another character with a good AA assist. There's also the issue of them not really having the greatest assists. MODOK's bomb assist seems pretty good, but barrier doesn't. Arthur's assists aren't great until he puts on Super Armor, and Sentinel really only has Rocket Punch as a good assist, though Bombs might work for a keep away team.

Top Bottom