• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I think since everyone's talking about Arthur like he's his amazing impenetrable wall of a keep-away character, I might make this as an anti-Arthur team.

Super-Skrull-A or Y/Wesker-B/Dante-A

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
:Awesome: another wesker <3

Guys I don't wanna troll but thor looking mad good.
Thor seems like he's gonna be very Captain Falcon... >___>

Okay, that was more of an inside joke between me and buddy. We always start off Falcon dittos with taunting... I just forsee us doing Thor starts with taunting...

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I just want to know one thing for those who have played it: Can you put Air Dash on a button?

If you can't, then I'll be extremely disappointed. Using the shoulder button for airdash in TvC was one of my favorite things about the controls.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Heed my words, Evildoers! If thou doest wish to challenge *level 2* the Odin's son, thou will face the power of Mighty Mjolnir! *level 3* Never shall the God of Thunder relent *level 4*! Heed my words, Evildoers! * MAXIMUM*

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Hey guys. Guess what? Here's Justin Wong complaining about the game being too easy...

I mean, COME ON GUYS. Can you not see this ****? We've seen like 20 100% 2 days before the games even out. Can you imagine how this game will be in 3 months?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Basically everyones gonna be a touch-of-death character. I can see why phoenix is gonna be good now. EVERYONE can 100% EVERYONE. So what if she gets 100%ed easier?

People didn't have that in Marvel 2. BTW say bye-bye to resets.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
MvC3 Tier List is already out.

Low Tier: Everyone whose Level 1 KFC combos don't do 100%
High Tier: Everyone else

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I don't know, do you like getting killed by a combo that anyone can execute from ****ing up one time?

I might have to play keep away in this game.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Viper can 100% anyone without x-factor or meter usage.

An SRK random figured this out in 2 days.
Really? Because the most damaging I've seen are:

http://shoryuken.com/f355/spy-day-milf-night-c-viper-thread-259265/index7.html#post10253440 (1300K, Uses X-Factor and 2 meters)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZby7MMWBOM (944K, Uses 4 meters but no X-Factor)

So yeah, link or it didn't happen.

I'm guessing it has to do with TK Feints though?

Also, Sentinel has a hitbox that's twice as large as most of the other characters in the game, so you can combo all sorts of ridiculous ****. What you need to do is find a combo that does 1300K on Arthur...

I thought that's what Marvel fans wanted...
Apparently all Marvel fans want to do is complain.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
No, that's what scrubs who know nothing about MvC2 say we like.

We like sexy crossups and resets, we like ******** zoninig, we like amazing lockdowns, we don't like undeserved 100%.

Zoning looks about as cool as it was in MvC2.

So yeah, link or it didn't happen.
... he didn't post links >_>

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I never claimed to know a thing about MvC2, all the comments I have seen up till now makes it look like the fans want this game to be broken.
What is an undeserved 100% anyway? If you got hit by an combo that takes all your life then you deserved it, regardless of how easy it is to pull off.

If you don't like it then don't play, stop complaining here.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I never claimed to know a thing about MvC2,
Nonononononono, that wasn't appointed to you. Sorry if it sounded like it did.

all the comments I have seen up till now makes it look like the fans want this game to be broken.
That's not how Marvel was though. But w/e.

What is an undeserved 100% anyway? If you got hit by an combo that takes all your life then you deserved it, regardless of how easy it is to pull off.
I guess. I don't think of it in that way.

If you don't like it then don't play, stop complaining here.

No one wants to hear it.
nahhhh. I'll post whatever the hell I want when I want to.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Zoning looks like **** in MvC3. You've got like 10 characters with multi-airdashes, 5 with teleports, and KFC is for easy 100%s like you said. There's like 3 or 4 good keepaway characters (Sentinel, Dormammu, Deadpool) and very few keep-away assists that fit in with them (No good DPs, Dante is a rushdown character.

So **** you don't call me a scrub. I know what Marvel fans want. I know they want Magneto-like resets, Cable-like projectile mazes, Strider/Doom-esque lockdown, and Storm-esuqe mobility. Essentially, you want Marvel 2 remade frame for frame in 3D on an HD console and you want it arcade perfect, because when you combine everything Marvel fans want, that's the only thing that fits those requirements. Look at everything Marvel 2 fans want for Marvel 3 and you'll see that. But the fact is that Capcom doesn't WANT to make Marvel 2 again. And they DIDN'T. So ****ING GET OVER IT.

Hell, as a trap team player I should be really pissed since at this point there look like there are no traps or even potential for traps in the entire game. The closest we have is Tron/Doom, which was the weakest trap in MvC2 because it relied on your opponent staying on the ground. And even with that, pushblocking is ******** in this game, to the point where your opponent could probably just push you a full screen away while your doing the trap and have plenty of time to jump out and attack you.

Instead, I'm still really excited for this game, even though I know that traps and zoning are going to suck. I'm still optimistic about being able to enjoy this game and I still think it'll be pretty fun despite all the negative bull**** I've been hearing from Marvel 2 fans who are salty about it not being the exact same game.

If you want to ***** about the game, do it somewhere else. This is a thread for discussing Marvel 3, not *****ing about how much better Marvel 2 is/was. Stay free, you 12 year old scrub.

I swear, this is like when TvC came out all over again.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
and you also have that interview where Seth said "you'll get a code that will unlock the characters a month after the game comes out" that he did like a month and a half ago. >_>
I DIDN'T SEE THAT ****! OFFAH MAH NUTS ETWIST!

XD For real, though. I didn't see that interview.

MORE ****ING HYPE.

Edit:

Also:

Jesus H. Christ, Gates. Takin' it to da streets.

Smooth Criminal

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Zoning looks like **** in MvC3. You've got like 10 characters with multi-airdashes, 5 with teleports, and KFC is for easy 100%s like you said. There's like 3 or 4 good keepaway characters (Sentinel, Dormammu, Deadpool) and very few keep-away assists that fit in with them (No good DPs, Dante is a rushdown character.

So **** you don't call me a scrub. I know what Marvel fans want. I know they want Magneto-like resets, Cable-like projectile mazes, Strider/Doom-esque lockdown, and Storm-esuqe mobility. Essentially, you want Marvel 2 remade frame for frame in 3D on an HD console and you want it arcade perfect, because when you combine everything Marvel fans want, that's the only thing that fits those requirements. Look at everything Marvel 2 fans want for Marvel 3 and you'll see that. But the fact is that Capcom doesn't WANT to make Marvel 2 again. And they DIDN'T. So ****ING GET OVER IT.

Hell, as a trap team player I should be really pissed since at this point there look like there are no traps or even potential for traps in the entire game. The closest we have is Tron/Doom, which was the weakest trap in MvC2 because it relied on your opponent staying on the ground. And even with that, pushblocking is ******** in this game, to the point where your opponent could probably just push you a full screen away while your doing the trap and have plenty of time to jump out and attack you.

Instead, I'm still really excited for this game, even though I know that traps and zoning are going to suck. I'm still optimistic about being able to enjoy this game and I still think it'll be pretty fun despite all the negative bull**** I've been hearing from Marvel 2 fans who are salty about it not being the exact same game.

If you want to ***** about the game, do it somewhere else. This is a thread for discussing Marvel 3, not *****ing about how much better Marvel 2 is/was. Stay free, you 12 year old scrub.

Damn son, you really think I would call you a scrub? Come on gates. You should know by now that I like you. I can't even respond to this. ****.

chill out mang.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Eh, I guess my anger was a little uncalled for. Just getting a little tired of the word scrub lately. :/

Eh, a balance patch or revision seems very likely right now to me anyways. I don't know if the 100% would be an issue forever.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Man why are combos so easy in this? Especially continuing them in the air with the whole press left x or down x when you wanna switch in mid combo with the other characters
It's not like MvC2 was really that hard either. And it's not fair to make a comparison to combos from a 10 year old game to a game that's not even out yet (regardless if people have already played it).
I can definitely see your point here
which is why i'm hoping there aren't shortcuts *cough*
Like ETWIST said, there aren't. And I even answered that on the first post.
Short cuts didn't even piss me off because the made inputs easy, they pissed me off because they would **** up your inputs during combos.
Agreed. I don't mind shortcuts that don't get in the way like in SFIII though.
I just want to know one thing for those who have played it: Can you put Air Dash on a button?
It's in. Again, also on the first post of this thread. :)
Basically everyones gonna be a touch-of-death character. I can see why phoenix is gonna be good now. EVERYONE can 100% EVERYONE. So what if she gets 100%ed easier?
People keep saying "Freenix" sucks, but I'm still thinking she'll end up really good.
Like you said, everyone can die easily, one way or another. It just depends if the opponent wants to really go for that kill.

Couldn't agree more. People are complaining way too much.
People are complaining that combos and damage are too easy when people used to complain that combos aren't doing enough damage. Seems like people are complaining about OTG supers and want it like MvC2 where half the cast can't combo into super without an assist or air super. They also don't like having characters do big damage and would rather have only a select few with high damaging combos...

Atlus8

Smash Master
Q: Does it matter which 2 buttons you press for dash?! If not, then I'm thinking of going with the GG layout!

People are gonna complain about ANYTHING! Even I do! Game isn't out yet people, have some hope!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm personally finding it the most funny that people are freaking out and complaining over balance and stuff about a game that's not even out yet. Wait until it's been released for 6-8 months, then you can start making a big deal.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
There's only one way that Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will avoid animosity and hatred. And that's if it doesn't steal the thunder of Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

Like how Brawl did the same to Melee at first.

I emphasize, AT FIRST. This is by no means a jab at anyone or any of the games and no one should be jumping down my throat over this. I don't wanna hear any of that bull**** after two years.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Damn son, you really think I would call you a scrub? Come on gates. You should know by now that I like you. I can't even respond to this. ****.

chill out mang.
Well, your post was right after mine, so I just assumed...

But yeah, I'm sorry I was so intense about this ****. I just kinda get frustrated when people overlook a good game because it wasn't as good as the one that came before it. It's like every FF game after VI and VII - No, they're not the same, and no they're not usually as good, but does that make them unplayable? Absolutely not. I mean, with Brawl and TvC this was the case since Brawl was a watered down Melee steaming pile of whale feces and TvC was a watered down Guilty Gear, but with MvC3 it looks like they hit all the right notes and that it'll actually feel like a VS game. It'll never replace MvC2 just like SFIV will never replace 3S and that will never replace ST, but it looks like it could still be a good game in its own right. The Justin Wong tweet also kind of annoys me because it seems like a ton of people who also don't like the game are going to meatride him now. And this is coming from one of the biggest Jwong meatriders of all time. Seriously, the only way I could meatride Justin more would be if I was Marn.

So yeah, I'm sorry I was so hurtful. We cool bro?

Eh, a balance patch or revision seems very likely right now to me anyways. I don't know if the 100% would be an issue forever.
I think a balance patch may or may not be inevitable, given that they did (albeit very minor) balance patches for SFIV and SSFIV and MvC2 to fix glitches and stuff. Maybe there'll even be tournament mode DLC and they'll patch the game alongside it.

Couldn't agree more. People are complaining way too much.
People are complaining that combos and damage are too easy when people used to complain that combos aren't doing enough damage. Seems like people are complaining about OTG supers and want it like MvC2 where half the cast can't combo into super without an assist or air super. They also don't like having characters do big damage and would rather have only a select few with high damaging combos...

Rare footage of Minato actually angry.

Q: Does it matter which 2 buttons you press for dash?! If not, then I'm thinking of going with the GG layout!
GG has 5 buttons, Marvel has 6.

So uh, good luck with that.

I ain't *****in no more. gates taught me that the best way possible, by hurtin my damn feelings.
:(
I'm sorry bro.

Sentinel pride. **** the Nicks.

Ye, Scrub is annoying to fight. Commando hurts too much.
Captain Commando is ****ing awesome. I would drop Dante in a second if Commando were released as DLC. YEAH THAT'S RIGHT I SAID IT.

Atlus8

Smash Master
GG has 5 buttons, Marvel has 6.

So uh, good luck with that.
Me knows!

GG is

K S HS
P . D

With MvC3 I'm looking at!

M H A1
L S A2

Usually Gatling Combos in GG start from the bottom left with P so I'm gonna go with this!

There's only one way that Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will avoid animosity and hatred. And that's if it doesn't steal the thunder of Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

Like how Brawl did the same to Melee at first.
MvC3 is gonna get most of the attention! No question that it's gonna happen! Whether or not people from the MvC2 community will retaliate is to be seen!

Top Bottom