• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I honestly think Wesker is one of the best characters in the game from what I've seen so far. His combos, even his basic ones do big damage, he has one of the most useful, combo contuining assists in the game, he has a good way of confusing and crossing people up with his teleport, samurai edge in itself is one of the best moves in the game and the combos you can do into his supers whether it be maximum wesker or his level 3 are some of the easiest and best in the game as well.

Maximum Wesker is also easily one of the best supers in the game.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Finally decided that Taskmaster will complete my team. Nathan/Felicia/Taskmaster. Still unsure who will be point right now, but I WILL MAKE THESE THREE WORK.

Suggestions/ideas?

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I'm really looking forward this! But as someone who owns both an Xbox and PS3, what console would you guys recommend me getting this on?
Whichever one you have a stick for really. If you want it on a different system then what your stick is though then by an adapter for the stick to use it on both systems.

@ Yars: Use whatever assist those two have to help Taskmaster get in. You really should have something to help Taskmaster to get in because once he does a basic combo will do 50%. I don't really know a whole lot about Spencer though unfortunately, he looks cool and unique though. You could probably use Felicia's roller buckle assist and hit the opponent low then swing off the ceiling and hit the opponent high with Spencer.

To everyone who isn't either subscribed to Tragic's channel or hasn't been checking it lately for some combos to learn, I very highly recommend doing so. Tragic also very highly recommends picking up the strategy guide because they teach/tell you a good amount of combos so do that as well if you can find it for a decent price.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Still need to get one of those, but they're hard to get at a reasonable price in Canada, the markup is ludicrous. And I don't have the spare time at the moment to undergo the process of building my own.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
It'll be easier to write the characters I'm NOT interested in.

Ryu
Chun
Trish
Felicia
Zero
Joe

Hulk
Spider-Man
She-hulk

I AM black, and YOU are insisting on a double standard. Don't believe me? Facebook me: Zenas Sinclair.
Ahah! You fell for my trap! I now know your identity!

Jk but it was just a joke brah brah. I only half black TBH (though people recognise me as black even though I look more spanish than black but w/e >_>)

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Felicia is lookin mad good. It will sadden me if she's the best VS character. She's looking more interesting than her VS self so I might check her out.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I took your advice, Iron Dragon. Team DDD (Dante/Deadpool/Dorm) is a go.
I thought about using a similar team (Dormammu/Doom/Dante) because I mained Dedede in Brawl, so I thought it would be humorous to use DDD in two games.

Hurr hurr hurr.

Instead I'm going with Team Dentist - Deadpool/Dante/Sentinel. I may switch someone out for Doom.

And yup, I have been using Dark Hole as my default assist. :D Pretty good for pressure and combo shenanigans.
I'd usually go with Liberation but I guess Dark Hole does work well in setting up Deapool and Dante's gun supers.

Edit: I usually detest weeaboo-holes like Gaia, but I couldn't pass up Chibi Dorm. ****ing hilarious.
idk if you can even call it that anymore. /a/ is a weeaboo hole. Gaia is like a weeaboo daycare for 12 year olds.

Just one thing, if you think people are scrubs for using Zero, I don't give a ***!
You don't give an ***?

Anyway, competitively speaking you should let other people's opinions on characters choose your teams for you, otherwise you'll just end up playing a team you don't like and you won't do as well because you won't be passionate about it.

I've been waiting for Zero in vs game (Tatsunoko was meh) ever since I was 9 years old. I was a hardcore megaman fan since I was a toddler and I remember saying "I hope Zero is in Marvel vs Capcom 3". Ten years later, my wish has been granted, and I'll be damned if I didn't play with him.
For the record, this is not how you should choose your main. You should choose a main who fits your playstyle instead of one you think is cool. You shouldn't tier ***** either unless you only care about winning and less about having fun.

No good assist...
Ryuenjin is a good assist. Hadongeki could be pretty good with Sougenmu active. Shippuga does decent damage but would be a lot better if it OTG'd. None of them are really good for anything besides extending combos though.

This game has characters that rush down but aren't even ment to play as such
...like who?

I'll stay with Zero and make it rain all day on *****es!
Only Storm can make it rain because the phrase make it rain refers specifically to her hail storm super.

Zero for pres.
**** you. HAGGAR for President. Return mustaches to the White House!

Zero can't make it rain. Shut yo white *** up. Leave it to the black people. :cool:
I'm white and I find this offensive.

That said, dis ***** EPF don't know what da **** he's talking about.

I only hate on Akuma.
Apparently Akuma's been in every VS game. He's probably only in MvC3 to carry on the tradition.

So guys I like legitly just gonna main Chris and my others are solely based on assist's.
Good luck.

No seriously, teams like that are very dicey and rarely work. You need an assist character who's also good on point on that team to back your team up if your point dies. Also, assists aren't the only thing that's important for partners. DHCs are important too.

Etwist said:
Character's I'm not interested in:

Ryu
Chun
Trish
Felicia
Zero
Joe

Hulk
Spider-Man
She-hulk
You don't like Chun? And you're only half black? I feel like I don't even know you anymore.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
**** you. HAGGAR for President. Return mustaches to the White House!
THIS
I'm white and I find this offensive.
I'm half white and my white finds loving joking about how I love kool aid, chicken, booty, and mahvel so it's okay. And they make fun of my black person DC accent.

Apparently Akuma's been in every VS game. He's probably only in MvC3 to carry on the tradition.
Except for MvC. he was the first crossover character though. Chun, Wolvie, and Ryu are the only ones that have been in every VS game IIRC.

You don't like Chun? And you're only half black? I feel like I don't even know you anymore.
Chun got dat *** and she fits my style but I'll have to get past my hatred (well, not really hatred, more like dislike) of her like Felicia. And I more so called "red" than "mixed" because I'm so black irl. So I'm still as black as it gets *****.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
F8AL will infact you INSTANTLY in the light house. I think he has every thread open at once and refeshes waiting for someone to **** up then BAM. Infraction. Half of my infractions are from him.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
F8AL will infact you INSTANTLY in the light house. I think he has every thread open at once and refeshes waiting for someone to **** up then BAM. Infraction. Half of my infractions are from him.
I can't help it if you keep on breaking the rules set by the higher-ups. I simply enforce them.

Now, please get back on topic. If you have any issues with infractions that I hand out, feel free to PM me.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Did I say I had a problem? I just said that you will actually infract someone. You're not one of those half-***** mods. I just don't give a damn about infractions, you're just doing your job.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Twists if you like playing rushdown style, which judging by your MSP usage, it seems you do....then Chun might be for you. I didn't even realize it until I watched the TeamKhaos stream the other day but the fact that her fireball sort of stuns and allows you to lead into air combos is just plain sick.

Not to mention her kick super is like how it is in 3rd Strike and allows to go into air combo right afterward. Sick stuff.

I can't help it if you keep on breaking the rules set by the higher-ups. I simply enforce them.

Now, please get back on topic. If you have any issues with infractions that I hand out, feel free to PM me.
^^^Too serious.

Oh snap, is that worth infraction too? Is the totalitarian regime in full effect on cyberspace?

Kudos to you bro. I like that you're doing your job, but you make it sound like this is serious business. I mean, the concept of Internet censorship is just such folly.

Then again, I've never been in a management position. I know cleaning up peoples crap sucks (I know, community service at goodwill blows),but what are they gonna do? Revoke mod privileges? Psh...

Whatever, keep doing you. If you ask me, being a mod is like running on a treadmill without gaining the health benefits.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Twists if you like playing rushdown style, which judging by your MSP usage, it seems you do....then Chun might be for you. I didn't even realize it until I watched the TeamKhaos stream the other day but the fact that her fireball sort of stuns and allows you to lead into air combos is just plain sick.

Not to mention her kick super is like how it is in 3rd Strike and allows to go into air combo right afterward. Sick stuff.
Yeah, my team is mainly RTSD (Viper and Wesker) and I need a final character and she could be it. The character needs to fill A LOT of roles. He/she needs either a GTFO, AA, projectile (like disruptor or uni beam), or a pressure assist. He/she needs to be able to rushdown and make good use of the high and low assists. And they shouldn't hog all of the meter.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You really broke my post down, huh? Lighten up bro, it's the Internet, don't get butt hurt m'k?
lol I'm not mad, I just wanted to correct some stuff in your post. I'm not mad at you, I just don't like Zero. Hate the game, not the playa.

But seriously, Haggar for President. 10 4 more years!

Twists if you like playing rushdown style, which judging by your MSP usage, it seems you do....
Twist actually plays Anarakis iirc. He just uses MSP to get money.

I didn't even realize it until I watched the TeamKhaos stream the other day but the fact that her fireball sort of stuns and allows you to lead into air combos is just plain sick.
I like how she can cancel her HP Fireball into a mini-Kikosho.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Yeah, my team is mainly RTSD (Viper and Wesker) and I need a final character and she could be it. The character needs to fill A LOT of roles. He/she needs either a GTFO, AA, projectile (like disruptor or uni beam), or a pressure assist. He/she needs to be able to rushdown and make good use of the high and low assists. And they shouldn't hog all of the meter.
I like your choice in Wesker, he is insane. Chun can fill the role as a pressure assist. Teleport to the other side of your opponent with Wesker while calling Chun's lightning legs assist and you'll get some sick pressure going plus a possibility of a cross up. Her lightning legs has a hell of a lot of priority as well and helps continue combos. And yes her rushdown is sick as well. Her airdashing and speed is almost un-matched I'd say and she barely hogs meter at all really. Just a basic combo such as the one you may have seen Buktooth constantly doing on that stream does 50% health already and you don't really need meter unless you want to overkill, but it really isn't necessary.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I like your choice in Wesker, he is insane. Chun can fill the role as a pressure assist. Teleport to the other side of your opponent with Wesker while calling Chun's lightning legs assist and you'll get some sick pressure going plus a possibility of a cross up. Her lightning legs has a hell of a lot of priority as well and helps continue combos. And yes her rushdown is sick as well. Her airdashing and speed is almost un-matched I'd say and she barely hogs meter at all really. Just a basic combo such as the one you may have seen Buktooth constantly doing on that stream does 50% health already and you don't really need meter unless you want to overkill, but it really isn't necessary.
I saw her ******** *** combos. Buk was bustin out some crazy *** doom combos too. I think he impressed me the most with him.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
THIS

I'm half white and my white finds loving joking about how I love kool aid, chicken, booty, and mahvel so it's okay. And they make fun of my black person DC accent.

Except for MvC. he was the first crossover character though. Chun, Wolvie, and Ryu are the only ones that have been in every VS game IIRC.

Chun got dat *** and she fits my style but I'll have to get past my hatred (well, not really hatred, more like dislike) of her like Felicia. And I more so called "red" than "mixed" because I'm so black irl. So I'm still as black as it gets *****.
So you are a halfrican okay then.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Good luck.

No seriously, teams like that are very dicey and rarely work. You need an assist character who's also good on point on that team to back your team up if your point dies. Also, assists aren't the only thing that's important for partners. DHCs are important too.

ITS ALL OR NOTHING.
Assist are Wesker and Zero.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Those do not back Chris up well at all in the slightest. After watching Chris, I personally am convinced that Chris is the most Cable-like character in the game, but with even MORE tools. If you want a good assist use something such as Sent's drone arms.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Honestly I figured out some things with the team I wanted. I also had dante as an assist so he can Jam session reset to Chris's Level 3

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't truly gonna only use chris im gonna experiment with different partners and see how he pairs with them to my own standards.

Then I'll get a solid team going and only main them through thick and down even vs an X factored Sentinal with 5 Bars.

Top Bottom