• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Landry

Smash Ace
Can you guys recommend me a good fight stick? I'm looking to get one and have no idea where to start.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Can you guys recommend me a good fight stick? I'm looking to get one and have no idea where to start.
It's my personal opinion that this is one of the few fighting games that actually plays better on a standard controller. That being said, get a Qanba Q4RAF. Works on the PC, PS3, and 360 right out of the box and is made with Sanwa parts. It's also way cheaper than a MadCatz stick. You really can't go wrong.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Against teleporters use tunnel rat H in the beginning of the match to see what their mixup game is like, then you should be able to read it afterwards.
Thanks for this tip. I've been trying things with beam assist and Mad Hopper already so I think I'm catching on to RR's metagame.

Iron Man has been great for me so far and Viper is my main as always.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Thanks for this tip. I've been trying things with beam assist and Mad Hopper already so I think I'm catching on to RR's metagame.

Iron Man has been great for me so far and Viper is my main as always.

For my team I'm using RR on point with Chris and Wesker as my assists.

Chris's gunfire is my beam assist and Wesker's Samurai Edge is my combo extender.

Besides the fact that Wesker is super good, that asisst is so useful for Rocket Raccoon, a single combo starting from anywhere on the screen will now garuntee I get them into the corner where I can keep pressuring them with mixups.

Not only that, but since it's a low hitting assist, RR can go for an unblockable with him. However I still need to practice that more.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I had no idea this thread existed. lol

MadCatz TE
Hori RAP (VX-V3)/SA
Quanba Q4
eightarc
Razer

All good choices. The Q4 and eightarc Fusion come dual-modded, so those will probably be your go-tos if you find them in stock anywhere.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
the madcatz TE is really good, that's the one i use now, you just are going to have to get used to the corners

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i hate vergil more than any other new character in the game, that sword is stupid

frank is a lot better than people thought and he's got that slide and knee drop

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Apparently it's easy to get level 5 Frank with Nova.
That team makes me rage a bit.

Nova in general doesn't scare me though.

He loves jumping in the air and Nemesis loves grabbing people out of it so....yeah.

Also Wesker is free to Sentinel now.

Block gunshot>use S or cr.M on reaction to teleport>kill Wesker

Tyler heard me crush a bunch of Weskers yesterday.

I got wrecked by a few Zeros though.

I still haven't figured him out properly.

It's seems to be all about catching him while he is dashing in before he goes for the crossup air.H.

Also I have made my Nemesis touch of death combo even better.

Everything from 1 million health down can be killed now. (The combo does 1018000)

My assists are Rocket Punch and Hidden Missiles.

Air > Crouching > Crouching > Crouching > Launcher Slam
>> Air (x2)> Air > Air> Assist 1 >> Air (x2)> Air > Air> Assist 2 > +> DHC after jump+

If I get the 1st hit of the match I build exactly enough meter to DHC into Sent.

That's what the hidden missiles are for.

They just about get the last bit needed.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Also Wesker is free to Sentinel now.
I wouldn't go THAT far buddy.

Also, Walmart assist is pretty good for Nova since he can't just get in on people. I still have the most fun playing as him. I switch him to point (and Spencer to anchor) against some matches. Also, Nova deals out great damage if you land a hit. S > Energy Javelin is a mixup I've been trying to work into my game that works out pretty well.

But yeah, Nova levels up Frank super easy.

Do the Nova Force

Pikaville

I wouldn't go THAT far buddy.

Also, Walmart assist is pretty good for Nova since he can't just get in on people. I still have the most fun playing as him. I switch him to point (and Spencer to anchor) against some matches. Also, Nova deals out great damage if you land a hit. S > Energy Javelin is a mixup I've been trying to work into my game that works out pretty well.

But yeah, Nova levels up Frank super easy.

Do the Nova Force
I know hahahaha it's a massive exaggeration.

But still, playing patiently against Wesker with Sent (especially if Sent has an assist) is close to free.

His only teleport options are pretty much shut down by standing s or a tiger knee hard drive

If he has a habit of jumping>gun, then hard drive takes care of that.

Also it's insane how many people fall for whiffed hard drive>wait till you get over/behind them>x-factor>air.s>death

Frank's cart assist ***** anyone who primarily does their offense/hit confirming on the ground.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
if wesker is empty teleporting towards anyone, he's doing it wrong

wesker should be jumping up and then using his gun, the only teleports being M or heavy

the match-up is pretty free for wesker not for sent, unless the wesker is dumb

D

Deleted member

I've been looking for characters to play besides my Deadpool/Ammy/RR team, and I find that I like playing Crimson Viper (B)/Hulk (A)/Strider (Y) for some reason.

Pikaville

if wesker is empty teleporting towards anyone, he's doing it wrong

wesker should be jumping up and then using his gun, the only teleports being M or heavy

the match-up is pretty free for wesker not for sent, unless the wesker is dumb
Nah it's not.

Sentinel has an answer for any of Weskers crap.

Seriously.

Air Raid hit confirms all day.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
EDIT: MAYBE I'M MIXING UP SOMETHING READING THE PREVIOUS POST MORE CLOSELY I HAVEN'T PLAYED SENT/SEEN SENT PLAYED IN FOREVER EDIT PART 2: YUP JUST REMEMBERED AIR RAID IS MOST DEFINITELY A SPECIAL ON THE GROUND

/10caps

Pikaville

A few of her moves look quite similar but have different properties.

You should have seen how confused I was when Jungle killed my Nemesis with her!

Top Bottom