• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

TL?

Smash Ace
Well at least we agree on that!

I wish I could pick up Viper, but all her cancel stuff is really really hard on a pad.

I take it you will like this then too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTkmVKl0-l0
I play a pad viper as an alt and I'm by no means super technical. Which cancels are you having difficulty with? The standard feinted thunder knuckle to double box loop isnt too difficult. You don't have to be super fancy like the pro vipers to one touch kill people with her.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Thor is actually quite good now too.

He has some easy resets you should learn.

Also his x-factor out of blockstun > grab hyper is devestating.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
*Jumps in the air*
Felicia: *cries*

Besides, that combo needed to start with 5 bars. Unless you want to use Morrigan assist and make Felicia even easier to zone then this isn't really scary.

I find Lv. 4/5 Frank with Web Ball assist to keep you in check to be MUCH more scary...

Pikaville

Level 4-5 Frank is terrifying.

His combos never end.

Oh yeah, last night I was playing one of my friends.

He was using Dorm on point and I just couldn't not block his crossup's with disrupter assist+teleport.

Yet I can block crossups fine when it's Doom's beam coming in.

Disrupter just gets me every time.

Maybe it's because I block the other direction too quickly, I don't know.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Level 4-5 Frank is terrifying.

His combos never end.

Oh yeah, last night I was playing one of my friends.

He was using Dorm on point and I just couldn't not block his crossup's with disrupter assist+teleport.

Yet I can block crossups fine when it's Doom's beam coming in.

Disrupter just gets me every time.

Maybe it's because I block the other direction too quickly, I don't know.
Or the game is lagging.

Happens to me all the time. I've lost maybe 2000 points in ranked cause the game wants to end the match when I didn't even quit.

Stuck at 5th Lord.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Hey guys, just picked up this game yesterday. As of right now im thinking Vergil/Doom/Strider.
Please add me and help me out. I need lots of it!
Tell me ya from SWF <3
EDIT i play 360

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, just picked up this game yesterday. As of right now im thinking Vergil/Doom/Strider.
Please add me and help me out. I need lots of it!
Tell me ya from SWF <3
That's actually a really good team. Vergil/Doom is awesome, gives Vergil great coverage as far as teleports and general mixup go. Using up your groundbounce and continuing the combo into S~H+Doom assist, teleport gives you some nasty mixups. Strider complements everybody, and is an amazing anchor. Vergil may be using a lot of meter for Spiral Swords and stuff, so you may not get Ouroboros as often as you may like. Still a great team, though.

What console do you play on?

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
That's actually a really good team. Vergil/Doom is awesome, gives Vergil great coverage as far as teleports and general mixup go. Using up your groundbounce and continuing the combo into S~H+Doom assist, teleport gives you some nasty mixups. Strider complements everybody, and is an amazing anchor. Vergil may be using a lot of meter for Spiral Swords and stuff, so you may not get Ouroboros as often as you may like. Still a great team, though.

What console do you play on?
Playing on 360 Im looking for people that will play me, show me the ropes. This is my first "fighter" besides Smash (Melee) of course.
Its my 2nd day and I can do the one easy BnB with Strider, the launch thing to MMH downward slash thing to MHS Legion. (IDK how im supposed to type combos lol)
I can also tele with Strider and do the cross up. I was also thinking about using amerastu.
I was messing with Doom and he's fun. I think any of Doom's assists will compliment my team. I really need to work with Vergil....Barely know what im doing/supposed to with him.
I played MVC2 a TIIIIIINY bit. Right as MVC3 came out lol. I mained clockwork (Strider/Setinel/Doom) So im looking for a team like that and I believe I've found it already.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Playing on 360 Im looking for people that will play me, show me the ropes. This is my first "fighter" besides Smash (Melee) of course.
Its my 2nd day and I can do the one easy BnB with Strider, the launch thing to MMH downward slash thing to MHS Legion. (IDK how im supposed to type combos lol)
I can also tele with Strider and do the cross up. I was also thinking about using amerastu.
I was messing with Doom and he's fun. I think any of Doom's assists will compliment my team. I really need to work with Vergil....Barely know what im doing/supposed to with him.
I played MVC2 a TIIIIIINY bit. Right as MVC3 came out lol. I mained clockwork (Strider/Setinel/Doom) So im looking for a team like that and I believe I've found it already.
I play on 360, too. If you want to, hit me up and I can show you some stuff. Some interesting stuff you can do with Strider is stuff like teleporting, and getting a double overhead. I don't remember what jump-ins you use, since I don't use Strider, but I'm fairly sure you can do:
Teleport, falling j.L, double jump, j.L, j.H, into a combo. I'm not too sure on that though, so someone else will have to confirm. Strider as an anchor is really scary. XF lvl 3 + Ouroboros and wavedash is your BnB. Wavedashing into teleports is really scary, and can be hard to block at times.
I don't know much about Doom, I just know his movement is something you might have to get used to. Pretty much all of his assists are viable, especially for Vergil. Rocks can keep them locked down for a long time. Beam is good for covering mixups and extending combos, and Missiles is really good for setting up traps and maintaining pressure. Missiles can be hit fairly easily though, so be careful you don't get happy birthday'd.
Vergil is mostly about maintaining pressure, trying to open the opponent up, while still keeping him covered behind assists. Devil Trigger gives him really good pressure due to the airdash, but other than that, I don't usually use it raw unless I'm recovering red health. In most cases, you'll be using it to make Rapid Slash (dp+H) safe. After that, you can pretty much go in on the opponent, or convert into a combo if slashes connected. Spiral Swords is mostly used for combos, but some players use it for pseudo-mixup. Sword loops look swag as ****, but are fairly impractical after 2 reps. Just my thoughts, though.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I play on 360, too. If you want to, hit me up and I can show you some stuff. Some interesting stuff you can do with Strider is stuff like teleporting, and getting a double overhead. I don't remember what jump-ins you use, since I don't use Strider, but I'm fairly sure you can do:
Teleport, falling j.L, double jump, j.L, j.H, into a combo. I'm not too sure on that though, so someone else will have to confirm. Strider as an anchor is really scary. XF lvl 3 + Ouroboros and wavedash is your BnB. Wavedashing into teleports is really scary, and can be hard to block at times.
I don't know much about Doom, I just know his movement is something you might have to get used to. Pretty much all of his assists are viable, especially for Vergil. Rocks can keep them locked down for a long time. Beam is good for covering mixups and extending combos, and Missiles is really good for setting up traps and maintaining pressure. Missiles can be hit fairly easily though, so be careful you don't get happy birthday'd.
Vergil is mostly about maintaining pressure, trying to open the opponent up, while still keeping him covered behind assists. Devil Trigger gives him really good pressure due to the airdash, but other than that, I don't usually use it raw unless I'm recovering red health. In most cases, you'll be using it to make Rapid Slash (dp+H) safe. After that, you can pretty much go in on the opponent, or convert into a combo if slashes connected. Spiral Swords is mostly used for combos, but some players use it for pseudo-mixup. Sword loops look swag as ****, but are fairly impractical after 2 reps. Just my thoughts, though.
Thanks for everything really appreciate it. I saw a video of Dooms weird diganol wavedashing and I was trying to get used to that. When I teleport crossover with Strider I do j.l j.m (still not sure if im typing these correctly) and then I just hit buttons and try to do something else rofl. I just need to focus. I also need to know the names of moves cause as of right now I have no idea what you mean by those moves lol. But I will learn the moves and do all that stuff you told me.

Pikaville

Yeah Doom is mega evil. :3

I bought the New Age of Heroes costume pack yesterday.

Never not using Cyber Akuma again.

Doom looks pretty cool too I guess, but I wish he was wearing his skirt thing or some pants.

Don't like Sents one at all. :mad:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It seems like lame playstyle is the only way people ranked higher than me know how to play.

No wonder they got that far, but if I have a health lead the game's over.

How hard is it to learn offense? :/
Every single game eventually devolves into who can play the lamest.

They're just getting a head start.

Pikaville

But Wesker is like playing simple mode.

It's literally air.s>m>h>s>air.m(x2)>air h>air s>beam assist>diagonal down.h>s>air.m(x2)>air.h>air.s>diagonal down.h>THC

Maybe throw a cobra strike after the initial ground series into a cr.m>cr.h then s

Then reset or whatever.

I derped around with him for the 1st time ever in the lab lastnight.

Got his combos down without even needing to look anything up.

I even got some of his teleport/gunshot swag **** down.

He hits like a truck, has a teleport, a self buffing hyper, a counter hyper, a normal counter and to top it all off is pretty damn fast.

I'm gonna take Pluvias advice and start using him to piss people off.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
But Wesker is like playing simple mode.

It's literally air.s>m>h>s>air.m(x2)>air h>air s>beam assist>diagonal down.h>s>air.m(x2)>air.h>air.s>diagonal down.h>THC

Maybe throw a cobra strike after the initial ground series into a cr.m>cr.h then s

Then reset or whatever.

I derped around with him for the 1st time ever in the lab lastnight.

Got his combos down without even needing to look anything up.

I even got some of his teleport/gunshot swag **** down.

He hits like a truck, has a teleport, a self buffing hyper, a counter hyper, a normal counter and to top it all off is pretty damn fast.

I'm gonna take Pluvias advice and start using him to piss people off.
L, M, H, QCFL, L teleport, Otg, Cr.M, St. H, QCFM, Dash in Cr. M, Cr. H, S, j.m, j.m, j.h j.s, Otg Thc

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Quitting Amaterasu...
As in switching her to my point character and destroying 3rd Lord scrubs with Web Ball assist.

I feel like I've done enough Ranked Match. Too much frustration with lag, characters comboing me with their back turned, X-Factor, and higher ranked no lifes that do nothing but play cat and mouse.

Call me a scrub if that makes your **** bigger I guess.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I feel like I've done enough Ranked Match. Too much frustration with lag, characters comboing me with their back turned, X-Factor, and higher ranked no lifes that do nothing but play cat and mouse.

Call me a scrub if that makes your **** bigger I guess.
Call higher ranked people no lifes if that makes your **** bigger I guess

I've heard rad spencer is out, gonna need to get dat.

Top Bottom