• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Thanks to GunmasterLombardi for keeping calm. :)
This made me die a little inside. lol
doom makes every team better :bee:

the new team I picked up is viper/magneto/strider

not sure if I like doom instead of magneto more tho

but its magneto

and i love me some magneto
If you're sticking with that team, swap places with Mags and Strider. Strider benefits from Mags's beam while Mags doesn't get anything out of Vajra outside of doing a super.

Plus, I think Strider does best in second, and Magneto as anchor is pretty good, imo.
Sure there's no Ouroboros, but it has its upsides.

L__

Smash Master
yeah I was considering running it that way instead and now that you mention it makes a lot more sense

now that I have a team I'm focused on (with my spidey team to back me up) I'm definitely gonna start entering locals since I'm lucky enough to have a solid offline region with f champ chrisis among others in the area

SO EXCITED CAN'T WAIT

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Trish has the most annoying keep away of any character.

I usually just tag in Doom and hidden missile/photon shot her back towards the ground.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
You're the best. Good **** wrecking Franky at the Milwaukee tourney.
thx. he kept changing teams from magneto/wesker/sentinel to dante/trish/doom to whatever else.

his play is just wreckless. he gets impatient, and blows his level 2 x-factor to kill zero. however, his overall play is solid.

alex got nervous and he can't control doing basic combos with zero in tournament. he got 5th losing to frankie g.

I hope you beat him next tourney.

btw to everyone: sentinel is the tim tebow of marvel. People say they are soooooo bad but all they do is win.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
whats a good counter to the illustrious hulk/sent combo?
and any tips on what loops to start off learning with mags?
I like the character but my fingers get poopbrain when I try to play him

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
cuz his play looks simple and he uses characters that ppl hate (wolvie and wesker)

its kinda dumb that people still hate on wolverine lol noel's tech is too good

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
whats a good counter to the illustrious hulk/sent combo?
and any tips on what loops to start off learning with mags?
I like the character but my fingers get poopbrain when I try to play him
I usually see 2 loops midscreen:
cr.L, M, H, S, jump, j.H, Airdash df, falling j.H, jump, j.H, airdash f, j.M, j.H, land, jump, j.H, Airdash f, j.M, j.H, land, S, jump, j.H, airdash f, j.H, j.S, ender

or

(Magic series), jump, j.H, airdash f, j.H, Magnetic blast, land, jump, j.M, j.H, Magnetic Blast, land, st.H, wait, S, jump, j.H, airdash f, j.H, j.S, ender

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
I usually see 2 loops midscreen:
cr.L, M, H, S, jump, j.H, Airdash df, falling j.H, jump, j.H, airdash f, j.M, j.H, land, jump, j.H, Airdash f, j.M, j.H, land, S, jump, j.H, airdash f, j.H, j.S, ender

or

(Magic series), jump, j.H, airdash f, j.H, Magnetic blast, land, jump, j.M, j.H, Magnetic Blast, land, st.H, wait, S, jump, j.H, airdash f, j.H, j.S, ender
the hypergrav loops still works supposedly but I don't see much of that anymore, why is this?
haven't seen the magnetic blast loop from anyone besides rayray and marlinpie
marlinpie first then from rayray who kinda spiced it up a bit
but supposedly its not easy

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
the hypergrav loops still works supposedly but I don't see much of that anymore, why is this?
haven't seen the magnetic blast loop from anyone besides rayray and marlinpie
marlinpie first then from rayray who kinda spiced it up a bit
but supposedly its not easy
Hypergrav loop only works in the corner, plus with the removal of the DHC glitch, it doesn't seem quite as worth it. It's still pretty effective, though. Fly loops still work as well, they just require a few minor changes. Magnetic Blast loop isn't TOO bad, but it can take some getting used to. There's some specific timing to when to hit your H's and when to airdash.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
thx. he kept changing teams from magneto/wesker/sentinel to dante/trish/doom to whatever else.

his play is just wreckless. he gets impatient, and blows his level 2 x-factor to kill zero. however, his overall play is solid.

alex got nervous and he can't control doing basic combos with zero in tournament. he got 5th losing to frankie g.

I hope you beat him next tourney.

btw to everyone: sentinel is the tim tebow of marvel. People say they are soooooo bad but all they do is win.
is Alex Keranata?

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
I've been meaning to try Firebrand/Zero. Those unblockable setups the Japanese players showed off were too sick. Too bad they ****ed up, like, every time.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
nova/frank is so awesome

open people up with nova, do a simple combo into POWER OF THE NOVA FORCE, get at least 50 hits, DHC to frank, camera, nova assist, camera, instant lvl 5 frank

so much awesomeness, i went like 30-9 last night :)

also, no way in hell is deadpool low tier, he's pretty much A tier but isn't used as much because dormammu pretty much can do what deadpool can do while being both better at it and easier to play as (zoning to rushdown switch)

kind of like why spiderman isn't used as much when people can just go zero

can someone give me a suggestion, my team is nova/frank/sentinel, it has been pretty damn good lately but it has trouble with zoning (especially trish, **** that *****), the assist works great for both nova and frank and i thought about going to hidden missiles to stop aerial shenanigans but the problem with that is frank doesn't benefit much from missiles like he does from drones

i'm trying to think who else i can use to anchor this team but beams don't work as well as drones do for this team (beams work well but not as good as drones)

any suggestions, i'm willing to pretty much use anyone :)

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I honestly think Trish is the most annoying character for anyone on my team to deal with.

Super jump>fly>traps and other stupid ****.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
she alone ***** my team

the only shots i have are using javelin toss with nova and hope she doesn't shoot something at me or SJ hard drive with sentinel and hope she is trying to shoot stuff at me

same goes for zero, both of them don't give a **** about whatever my team throws at them

luckily, i have a dorm/deadpool/doom team for those *****est (i may switch doom to strider)

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
I'd say go for switching to Strider. If the Zero you're playing likes to jump and throw busters a lot, it's really useful. If they play a ground zoning game (Hadankgekis cancelled into busters, backdashing a lot, using sougenmu for keepaway, etc.), then Doom is better suited for that with Missiles. Beam won't help you much in that matchup.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
OOOaaahhhhWAHAAAA!!!! did anyone hear that dude yelling out iron fist kung fuu like noise. **** was fricken hilarious.
Yeah it was! I need that for my ringtone...

As much of a better team Spiderman(a)/Dante(a)/Wesker(b) feels I'm going with Nova(y)/ Ammy(b)/ Spiderman(a) for a long time. My three favorites (besides Frank) synergize really well.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i've come to the conclusion my team of nova/frank/sentinel has a real tough time with extreme zoning (hawkeye, dormammu, chris, and trish zoning mostly)

i might switch sentinel for doom with plasma beam to help combat that

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
nova/frank is so awesome

open people up with nova, do a simple combo into POWER OF THE NOVA FORCE, get at least 50 hits, DHC to frank, camera, nova assist, camera, instant lvl 5 frank

so much awesomeness, i went like 30-9 last night :)

also, no way in hell is deadpool low tier, he's pretty much A tier but isn't used as much because dormammu pretty much can do what deadpool can do while being both better at it and easier to play as (zoning to rushdown switch)

kind of like why spiderman isn't used as much when people can just go zero Spencer
Spencer plays more like spiderman than zero. & a person going from Spiderman to zero really wont mean anything because he isn't really going to do anything threatening to people who play Zero & know the Zero match up

I honestly think Trish is the most annoying character for anyone on my team to deal with.

Super jump>fly>traps and other stupid ****.
Atleast you dont have to put up with this all day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZvUfF0t8uI&feature=channel_video_title

Top Bottom