• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Yeah that thing is sooooooo good.

Also, I realised that I pretty much always win rematches in ranked.(That's if I even lose in the 1st place :troll: )

Then pound the same guy until he rage quits Marvel or I find someone else.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ooh i haven't seen those

but anyway yeah

vajra assist is so good at stopping anyone who thinks they can full jump and throw things down. i always wanted something that could combat that, since the full jump diagonal projectile angle is so good. i have a great rushdown team and i didn't even realize its potential to do that

sanchaz

Smash Lord
strider can get blown up at the beginning of it, but other than that it is quite invulnerable
zero can destroy at any time and on reaction. dante is pretty funny, he can tempest/jam session and cancel into devil trigger into reverb shock. Sentinel can hyper sentinel force unless the point character sneaks in a hit. I'll post vids on tuesday or wednesday next week.

It's great if the other character is in the air or for resets. I just think its overrated.

DUB

Smash Lord
Anyone got any experience with a good Ryu team?

I'm going to run him second after some meter is built up.

Point:Good meter builder with DHC potential into Hadoken?
2nd-RYUUUUUUUUUU
Anchor-I really don't know as I've dropped Dante. Chrisg runs Firebrand anchor in his Ryu team.

Kind of a side question.
Whats a good formula to go by when trying to build a team for this game? I've seen anchors,points,batteries,etc,etc but I'm not sure how it all plays out in the grand scheme of things.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i always have a point character, followed by someone who has great synergy with the point character, and then most likely my approaching assist

my main team is nova/frank/sentinel

nova and frank have great synergy together, nova opens people up, build a 2nd bar, DHC into frank, instant level 5 and now i have some stupid shenanigans to play with, sentinel helps both of them close the gap, i still got to work on my unblockable set up with frank/nova as i just learned that nova's assist hits low

but basically, it depends on how you play, i always make sure my team has a beam like assist because i like offense and the best thing for offense is to cover your approach than with a beam assist

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
When I compose a team, I usually think:
1. Who builds a lot of meter? I also consider whether or not the character is drastically different in X-factor. Then I know I don't need them on anchor and I can get lots of meter with them.
2. Is their assist good? Are they a good character in general? Can this character benefit from XF lvl2 and can it be good as a stand alone character? Can it spend meter well?
3. I also consider the assist here. However, for the most part, this character comes down to how effective they are in Lvl3 XF.

A lot of characters have good diversity in this game. Take Wesker, for example. You can put him anywhere on a team and he'll work well.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I use a base character and build around his strengths or weaknesses.

For example, Taskmaster likes assists that help him pick up an air throw. Also, assists that help with teleports.
Something that would help here is Jam Session. Maybe Vajra? Haven't tested that.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i always just try to go for broken offense

my team right now focuses on setting up strider + armored hsien ko assist lol. NO ESCAAAAAPE

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahah we are all so situational. i didn't know you were talking about zero

anyway in that situation i would probably try to vajra M or H

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru

I would continue this but it seems i wont get very far talking online. zero + missile have various ways of blowing up teleport characters. & cant strider H vajra be punished by a grab once he lands & I'm blocking?

Pikaville

Captain America infuriates me.

That dude does way too much damage.

I need to learn to punish him.

Also I'm entering a tournamenrt over here tomorrow.

I randomly played one of the guys online yesterday and his Cap blew me up twice.

Once I picked Akuma though he was spammed out and couldn't do anything.

daihaksu

Smash Cadet

vajra barely chips, if anything right after you finish a vajra i can call out jam session and super jump+hopscotch and hold back, now you are eating chip and your vajra might end up becoming pika-boo meal into a super :3 so super jump hold back with trish is 1337

@sentinel also i dont know why you have problems against captain america, you can just M. Rocket Punch him into super to stop his aerial boomerang spams, unless its a sentineless team

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
dont u have to unfly to call an assist after u super jump? also vajra m is the teleport behind so up back will still get crossed up haha. u guys act like its mad easy to block stridahhhh

Pikaville

@sentinel also i dont know why you have problems against captain america, you can just M. Rocket Punch him into super to stop his aerial boomerang spams, unless its a sentineless team
Wow, how did I not think of/try that?!

It's more so the Nemesis vs Cap part that is killing me.

He has Iron Man and Nova after him so I need to stop him before he does any damage.

daihaksu

Smash Cadet
dont u have to unfly to call an assist after u super jump? also vajra m is the teleport behind so up back will still get crossed up haha. u guys act like its mad easy to block stridahhhh
vajra assist doesnt cross up and the regular is easy to block xD specially with hidden missiles and wall session.

Wow, how did I not think of/try that?!

It's more so the Nemesis vs Cap part that is killing me.

He has Iron Man and Nova after him so I need to stop him before he does any damage.
yeah the M. Rocket Punch has/ super armor so you can absorb that dumb boomerang spam they do, eventually they change it up into shield charges and such and Nemesis vs Cap hmmm well its not too hard, you have to guess when they are going for the shield slash or anti air command grab with Nemmy, and if you have 2 meters and an assist is giving you trouble do his IDGAF super the one with the full hyper armor it does more than half life on assist

Pikaville

Wish me luck guys, leaving for the tournament pretty much now.

I'm pretty sure all the matches are being recorded.

Will post them if they are.

Savon

Smash Ace
My best team is Dorm/hawkeye/Skrull. Am I tier whoring with this team? I love them all as characters and I am actually good with them

:phone:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I wanna build a team with Morrigan as anchor.
I want Chun Li as either point or backup. I was considering Magneto but not sure. I think Chun Li would be best off as backup if Morrigan is anchor, because as point she'd definitely prefer 2 assists to make up for the lack of meter. Opinions?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Chun-Li and Morrigan just do not mix well. Chun builds enough meter on her own. What she needs is a projectile assist and a pressure assist to be able to get in and lock someone down, because she can't do much of that herself due to her extremely poor approach options. If you're going to play her, give her the ability to get in. She needs two assists, and Soul Fist is a horrible projectile. Capcom tried to make Chun-Li like a bait and punish character in a zoning-oriented game. She doesn't have much going for her.

Top Bottom