• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Who would go good with Vergil/Strider? I tried Doom but I just can't do **** with him..... Im kinda liking wolverine....but I'd like a projectile. I kinda like Ammy. I think my teams overall HP is way too low. I was also thinking Zero but he looks way too hard to play at my terrible level.
Any help/ideas? Thanks.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
"You didn't actually think you could win,
didya?
"

In marvel 3 you'll learn that having high health is nice, but anyone that's good (and even bad) can do a lot of damage that'll kill you anyway. :p

Cold star would probably be ok, but IN MY OPINION a beam assist works the best for Vergil. Of course, Ammy isn't one of the easier characters to play, so moving from Doom (who isn't too hard once you get a hang for him) just for ease of use isn't gonna do much. With Vajra assist and a teleport, Vergil doesn't exactly NEED a projectile assist, but it is nice to have one.

You should probably wait for someone better with the respective characters before you listen to what I say (or drop by SRK) but those are my thoughts on it. :)

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I think it's well understood that Chun-Li is "chum-meat" in this game.

I've been working on my spacing with j. H and Jam Session assist and I like what I'm seeing. Oh yeah and replaced Deadpool with Wesker for obvious reasons.

So today has been a 'better' day but keep in mind I still have the right to complain as much as I please.

Keepaway ppl suck.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
So I can do a Combo with Zero Otg with wesker, Sogenmu, Lightning dash loop in the corner, to S, Jam session Assist, Heavy Air DP, Buster 3, air QCfh, rekkoha. :D

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Someone pass Lombardi the :salt: .

We don't need to be top level pros to point out how much of a douchebag you're being, day in and day out.

Same with your BAWWWWWWWWWWWWing about zoners. WAHHHHH WAHHHH I CAN'T BEAT THEM BECAUSE OF THE LAG WAHHH WAHHH WAHHH. You may have the right to complain, but that doesn't mean we can't say anything about it. Perhaps if you hunkered down and ask people for tips to get around it, maybe you'd be received better. Common knowledge, to paraphrase, especially when people could help you level up your (online) game.

But, no. You'd rather cry about **** not going your way and not do anything about it.

At least Maximilian doesn't go around stroking his e-peen, despite him being constrained mostly to online. You should take a few pointers and learn from his attitude.

Oh yeah, and stay free.

Smooth Criminal

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'm still whooping *** with Rocket Raccoon. Thanks again for you tips I guess. :urg:
Actually there was one more tip that I came across.

Like I said before when you knock out one character and the other ones coming in, you set up a net trap next to the corner and hide under it. If the opponent knows your up to this they might try to escape by doing an air dash or something else to get them away from the corner. If you do a logtrap it will usually hit them right in the face because of the fact that they're trying to avoid being mixed up in the corner.

So if the next player coming in is somebody who can airdash like Iron Man or who has an attack such as Ryu's Tatsu to get him out of the corner, trick them with the net trap but instead of digging underground hit them with logtrap instead.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I think of it like my Spiderman resets: Don't change anything until they stop working. lol

I X-Factored with Spiderman and made a comeback against his runaway Wesker. I just reacted off his teleport from the corner and 100% him.

Lv. 3 X-Factor totally doesn't hurt the game or anything. -_-

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Whenever I get mad at this game I just rage in person. I avoid letting my opponents know that I was ever mad to begin with.

Though I won't rage if I'm not alone.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
After yesterday, I was hoping to see discussions of the game without flame/salt going around. :glare:

Besides that, are there any videos of that tourney (don't know the name) with the Japanese players?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Great moderator-ship, F8AL.

And class act on Lombardi's part, drawing me into that little gambit with his passive-aggressive behavior. :troll: He sure got me good!

Remember, kids: It's not *****ing until you ask for help.

Smooth Criminal

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Smooth Criminal, if you disagree with my infraction, please PM me. I try to make myself as approachable and open as possible.

Otherwise, please cut this kind of behaviour out. :)

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Apologies for my behavior. Let's all just move on, eh?

Anyway, working on using low tier...Tron/Deadpool is my current project. Any suggestions for an anchor?

L__

Smash Master
doom makes every team better :bee:

the new team I picked up is viper/magneto/strider

not sure if I like doom instead of magneto more tho

but its magneto

and i love me some magneto

Top Bottom