• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Hahahaha awesome.

Any chance I could get frames for Nemesis ground and air moves?

That would be sweet.

Also what's Doom's fastest move?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Okay, I'm home. Gonna give ya'll the skinny. The format's gonna be rough, but I'll probably polish it up in the future. Whatever is quoted here is going to be summarized by me because some of the things that ya'll are asking for (looking at you Brosuke) is unnecessarily long-winded in the book for no apparent reason. So, without further ado, here we go.

Crossover Counters:
+ P1 or P2 during guardstun (requires one bar of hyper meter and an available partner)

Basically, this more or less operates on the same wavelength as calling out an assist, but the biggest differences are a) it can only be performed during guardstun, b) the assist move that the character is performing obtains the properties of a special move (meaning that it can be hyper combo canceled or X-Factor canceled), and c) the character that you called in becomes your point character once the move is finished.

Some assists also become invulnerable when used as a Crossover Counter. Here's a list of all of 'em for both sides of the fence:

Marvel

Captain America---

Deadpool---

She-Hulk---

Spider-Man---

Thor---

Wolverine---

X-23---

Capcom

Arthur---

Chris---

Felecia---

Haggar---

Morrigan---

Ryu---

Tron---

Viewtiful Joe---

Zero---

Another interesting property of the Crossover Counter is that characters can actually perform any aerial hyper combo after initiating it, but before they even hit the ground and perform the assist.

Crossover Attack (Raw Tag, Hard Tag): Hold P1 or P2 for 14 frames

The legendary overhead raw tag attack! I won't bore ya'll with the minutiae of it: selected character for the tag flies in after the fifteenth frame of continuous input, their attack is an overhead, red life becomes permanent upon arrival on point, deals 27,000 damage, causes spinning knockdown on hit, et cetera (okay, I just did, but whatever).

What I will go into detail about---character-specific detail---is that each and every single character in the game has varying frame data on their raw tags! I'll try and keep this as neat and as easy to read as possible since I'm too lazy to properly format things:

(Legend: a = active frames, r= recovery frames, AiG = advantage if guarded)

Marvel

Captain America: a = 22, r = 36, AiG = -17

Deadpool: a = 22, r = 32, AiG = -14

Doctor Doom: a = 24, r = 34, AiG = -15

Doctor Strange: a = 20, r = 35, AiG = -15

Dormammu: a = 20, r = 33, AiG = -15

Ghost Rider: a = 19, r = 33, AiG = -13

Hawkeye: a = 20, r = 33, AiG = -9

Hulk: a = 21, r = 35, AiG = -11

Iron Fist: a = 19, r = 35, AiG = -14

Iron Man: a = 20, r = 33, AiG = -17

Magneto: a = 20, r = 34, AiG = -14

MODOK: a = 20, r = 35, AiG = -11

Nova: a = 20, r = 35, AiG = -16

Phoenix: a = 20, r = 34, AiG = -17

Rocket Raccoon: a = 18, r = 33, AiG = -14

She-Hulk: a = 20, r = 34, AiG = -16

Sentinel: a = 20, r = 39, AiG = -17

Shuma Gorath: a = 22, r = 34, AiG = -17

Spider-Man: a = 20, r = 34, AiG = -16

Storm: a = 20, r = 32, AiG = -19

Super-Skrull: a = 20, r = 34, AiG = -16

Taskmaster: a = 20, r = 34, AiG = -16

Thor: a = 20, r = 34, AiG = -15

Wolverine: a = 20, r = 34, AiG = -15

X-23: a = 17, r = 34, AiG = -13

Capcom

Akuma/Gouki: a = 20, r = 34, AiG = -16

Amaterasu: a = 20, r = 32, AiG = -13

Arthur: a = 20, r = 35, AiG = -15

Chris: a = 20, r = 34, AiG = -16

Chun-Li: a = 24, r = 34, AiG = -17

C. Viper: a = 20, r = 33, AiG = -15

Dante: a = 21, r = 34, AiG = -17

Felicia: a = 20, r = 34, AiG = -17

Firebrand: a = 20, r = 33, AiG = -13

Frank West: a = 21, r = 33, AiG = -12

Haggar: a = 20, r = 31, AiG = -11

Hsien-Ko/Lei-Lei: a = 20, r = 34, AiG = -16

Jill: a = 21, r = 33, AiG = -17

Morrigan: a = 21, r = 34, AiG = -18

Nemesis: a = 19, r = 32, AiG = -12

Phoenix Wright: a = 20, r = 33, AiG = -15

Ryu: a = 20, r = 34, AiG = -13

Spencer: a = 20, r = 33, AiG = -15

Strider: a = 18, r = 31. AiG = -12

Trish: a = 20, r = 34, AiG = -9

Tron: a = 23, r = 34, AiG = -16

Vergil: a = 19, r = 33, AiG = -14

Viewtiful Joe: a = 20, r = 33, AiG = -15

Wesker: a = 20, r = 34, AiG = -13

Zero: a = 20, r = 33, AiG = -15

Character-specific information:

Wesker said:
Taking the shades off: 5% speed boost and 10% damage boost

Shades when broken through damage: 10% speed boost and 15% damage boost.
Suffice to say, Wesker is a ******** anchor.

Doctor Doom said:
Fastest normal: Standing

(5 frames of start-up, 3 frames active, and only 12 recovery frames. Note: It can be dash-canceled.)

Fastest command attack: Hard Kick
+

(8 frames of start-up, 4 frames active, and 24 recovery frames.)

Fastest special: Molecular Shield

(7 frames of start-up, 15 frames active, and 37 frames of recovery.)

Fastest assist:
, Molecular Shield

(34 frames of start-up, 26 frames active, and 124 frames of recovery. Assists that are special moves operate differently than their regular non-assist counterparts, remember.)

Fastest hyper combo: Doom's Time
+

(4 frames of start-up, active immediately for 1 frame, and a whopping 49 frames of recovery.)
Tron said:
All of the Bonne Strikes on the ground share possess the same start-up and recovery---9 frames for the former, and 18 for the latter. The active frames vary depending on how far you extend the move through mashing, however. Here's an overview:

Bonne Strike
: 8-20 frames active

Bonne Strike
: 14-29 frames active

Bonne Strike
: 20-41 (!) frames active

Aerial Bonne Strike shares the same properties inherent in the grounded one, with the start-up and the recovery frames being the same across the varying strengths; even the active frames for each are exactly the same. However, it should be noted that this move in the air starts up a little later at 13 frames, and that the recovery lasts until grounded, with an additional 7 frames tacked on while landing.
Nemesis said:
Standing
: 9 frames of start-up, 3 frames active, and 12 frames of recovery

Standing
: 12 frames of start-up, 3 frames active, and 21 frames of recovery.

Standing
: 17 frames of start-up, 4 frames active, and 28 frames of recovery (Knocks down, super armor from frames 10-24)

Crouching
: 9 frames of start-up, 3 frames active, and 12 frames of recovery (Low attack)

Crouching
: 11 frames of start-up, 3 frames active, and 20 frames of recovery

Crouching
: 18 frames of start-up, 4 frames active, and 29 frames of recovery (Knocks down, super armor from frames 16-27)

Launcher/Special
: 10 frames of start-up, 5 frames active, and 34 frames of recovery

Air
: 9 frames of start-up, 3 frames active, and 19 frames of recovery

Air
: 12 frames of start-up, 3 frames active, and 21 frames active

Air
: 15 frames of start-up, 11 frames active, and 15 frames of recovery (<--- Godlike)

Air
: 17 frames of start-up, 4 frames active, and 25 frames of recovery

Air
Up: 10 frames of start-up, 5 frames active, and 29 frames of recovery

Air
Side: 15 frames of start-up, 3 frames active, and 23 frames of recovery

Air
Down: 17 frames of start-up, 4 frames of start-up, and 20 frames of recovery

His command attack Deadly Reach (
+
) has the same stats whether it's grounded or not---15 frames of start-up, 8 frames active, and 23 frames of recovery.
Taskmaster said:
Sting Master (
+
) has 15 frames of start-up, has 3 frames active, and has a recovery of about 28 frames. It isn't a command grab, btw. :p
I couldn't really dig up any info on the special states (crumple, freeze, incap., et cetera) but if I had to make an educated guess it probably depends on hitstun decay and scaling.

Anyway I'm tired. Sorry if this post is a mess; I had a long day at work today.

If ya'll have any more questions, just ask. Until then, enjoy.

Smooth Criminal

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Thank you so much Smooth.

Nemesis' air.H can have instant recovery if you do it close enough to the ground I found.

This data will prove valuable.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Zero's isn't 15 it's -15 lol. Though you probably forgot to put that there.
Thanks, PTZR. That was a typo on my part. Lol. I'll edit that in there.

And you're welcome, guys.

Edit: I'll transcribe the data for Sent tomorrow. I work really late tonight and I am going to be bushed by the time I get home.

Smooth Criminal

mood4food77

Smash Hero
zero is a ball of bs, seriously, why the hell does he out-damage every character in the game

wtf capcom, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?

HULK STRONGEST THERE IS!

wesker isn't half the bs that zero is, he's just annoying to fight because most people aren't patient enough, he needs an assist to approach and his hypers suck

zero just walks up and defies everything meant to limit him in this game, HE CAN KILL THOR WITHOUT USING A SINGLE METER

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Zero looks to be as powerful as his MM canon self. :3

Though he seems a little slow, speed buff next game!

DUB

Smash Lord
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 MINUS
After playing this game for a little now, I have come to the conclusion that it should have bene named:

ULTIMATE FOOTDIVE VS. ALBERT 3

Seriously note: I think I found a team that has good synergy but looking for one more member.

Deadpool-(Point)(I'm not sure what assist I'll end up keeping on him. Trigger Happy assist only hits people in the air. Quick Work hits low but it seems like a really unsafe assist.)
(2nd Character)-(Battery)(I don't know who to put here. I tried Doom with Plasma Beam to help Deadpools keepaway.Doom didn't really have that much DHC synergy with my other two though. Idea of this char is to support deadpools camping, maybe provide him an opening to get in but from wahave I've seen/read you are supposed to play keep away with Deadpool.
Dante-(Anchor)(JamSession)- I fuggin love Jam Session because it basically cuts the screen in half and lets you continue zoning. I think it may also be good in corners to keep pressure on. I found that these two have really good DHC synergy, since basically they do the same thing.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I run Deadpool/Taskmaster/Dante, but the assists and leads differ depending on the opponents team.

Try team hyper combos. You'll fall in love.

edit: i prefer leading with tasky but that's just a ***** some times.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
After playing this game for a little now, I have come to the conclusion that it should have bene named:

Seriously note: I think I found a team that has good synergy but looking for one more member.

Deadpool-(Point)(I'm not sure what assist I'll end up keeping on him. Trigger Happy assist only hits people in the air. Quick Work hits low but it seems like a really unsafe assist.)
(2nd Character)-(Battery)(I don't know who to put here. I tried Doom with Plasma Beam to help Deadpools keepaway.Doom didn't really have that much DHC synergy with my other two though. Idea of this char is to support deadpools camping, maybe provide him an opening to get in but from wahave I've seen/read you are supposed to play keep away with Deadpool.
Dante-(Anchor)(JamSession)- I fuggin love Jam Session because it basically cuts the screen in half and lets you continue zoning. I think it may also be good in corners to keep pressure on. I found that these two have really good DHC synergy, since basically they do the same thing.
why don't you switch dante and doom, you don't have to learn a new character and the team synergy is better this way than before and plasma beam is great for dante

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru

Quick time is Deadpools best assist. & IMO Deadpool can play both Rush down & Keepaway But his keep away is just stronger

mood4food77

Smash Hero
deadpool can play keep away and then instantly go into rush down, he does this faster than any character in the game

abuse it

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Quick time is Deadpools best assist. & IMO Deadpool can play both Rush down & Keepaway But his keep away is just stronger
Some characters love the OTG tho

having a low assist is definitely nice though. It is also an amazing counter, as it gains invulnerability.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
dante's a better anchor than doom but dante is much better with an assist backing him up and since doom's assist helps deadpool as well, he's better as an anchor for your team (doom provides more than date as a whole)

you could always run deadpool as an anchor, he's scary there

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I dont see how dantes better. Dante has a hard time opening people up without an assist. Doom doesnt need that but w.e i lost interest in this game.

:phone:

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
I dont see how dantes better. Dante has a hard time opening people up without an assist. Doom doesnt need that but w.e i lost interest in this game.

:phone:
Because apparently infinites make the anchor. Who CARES how much XF time they waste, IT'S AN INFINITE!

mood4food77

Smash Hero
doom has a harder time opening people up than dante

dante has a teleport, and invincible air move, a really long sword, great movement and he has devil trigger

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
doom has a harder time opening people up than dante

dante has a teleport, and invincible air move, a really long sword, great movement and he has devil trigger
1. Teleport is incredibly easy to predict and punish for
2. Hammer is hardly invincible anymore. It gets hit out my a lot of ****.
3. Yes, range is good, I agree.
4. Movement is mostly complemented with assists, especially now that you can't block during airdashes.

My point is, Dante need an assist more than Doom does. Dante may be effective on anchor, but he has the flaws listed above. With doom having a better keepaway game and corner crossups now, it seems he's the better pick as an anchor. The only thing you really have to get used to with doom is movement.

Top Bottom