• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
So let me tell you how it's possible to hit Sentinels old BnB with Nemesis clothesline assist.

You basically call him in before doing L.RP and he holds/bounces them in place for HSF.

Although you can get more damage by tiger kneeing a L.RP>Hard drive.

Then you can land an M or CR.M>Plasma storm

Just over 1 million for 2 meters.

I've been in the training room while taking Skyrim breaks :3

DUB

Smash Lord
I suck with Sentinel but those assist just help me so much. Opinions on this team I am thinking about trying.

Basically I'm thinking about getting nasty with Chun-Li. I heard she was a good point as long as you had assist to get in. ( I am noob correct me if Im wrong).

Chun/Sent(Charge)/Ryu(Tatsu)

I guess the idea here is to build meter with Chun+Sent and use it for Ryu. I don't really care who the other 2 are, as long as they work good with Chun. I think I've been overloading myself playing around with 2 many characters anyways. Good assist/team comp for Chun? Tips?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
You made a good call with the Sentinel assist, but Ryu's Shoryuken assist is much better because it's invincible until the hitbox comes out. If you do it close enough to the opponent with good enough timing, it can and will interrupt a beam hyper.

DUB

Smash Lord
You made a good call with the Sentinel assist, but Ryu's Shoryuken assist is much better because it's invincible until the hitbox comes out. If you do it close enough to the opponent with good enough timing, it can and will interrupt a beam hyper.
Oh wow. That's really helpful then because I play against Iron Man all the time.

Some More BUM Pwnage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYnvvUVvs2c

X-Factor Chris sweeping a team with half health:awesome: More Steel Pipe Of Justice:awesome:

EDIT: Just remembered. Got owned by a Ghost Rider w/ Sentinel and Doom backing up his camp. He was a really good player to I don't know how we got matched. Idk what to do vs. Ghost Rider with some crucial backup assist like Plasma Beam/Sentinel Charge. Advancing Guard pushes him further away it seems counter productive.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Just chicken block till they **** up and push block em into the corner. GR has a hard time in the corner but you're playin Chun so he's gonna upback the **** outta you. Use your drones wisely.

DUB

Smash Lord
I play on the 360 and when I go online to find a match I put the settings to Region: Any Skill Level: Same. My "level" online is Beginner and most of the people I play against is like "6th Lord" and stuff.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
He was also in Spain, which apparently counts as being in my region even though it's thousands of miles away. And nobody in Spain ever seems to have good connections.

:phone:

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
I play on the 360 and when I go online to find a match I put the settings to Region: Any Skill Level: Same. My "level" online is Beginner and most of the people I play against is like "6th Lord" and stuff.
Are you searching in ranked or player match?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Try running a beam assist to help you get in.

If they're spamming in next to you, it's all about that push block.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Pick a character with a teleport that can get behind him. And tip to everyone: setting your searches to anything other than "SAME" means that everyone who is looking for "SAME" won't see you, even if they're in the same area. That's why you're having difficulty finding matches.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So Hulk did this gamma wave and it caught my Doom assist and he just looped it until he died. I tried advance guarding it but nothing worked, so how do I stop this?

2nd, how do I beat Dark Phoenix?

3rd, how do I beat Wesker? I die in like 1 combo from him.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Attack Doom while he's spamming that. If you use a teleporter, it's even easier. Otherwise, use a beam or something similar.

Either you snap her in early, kill her off.
Or you force your opponent to use meter so that his Phoenix can't go dark (you can even take meters now with aerial exchange)
Or you get a good read off and get a read in and convert
Or you cancel block stun into a hit and convert (edit: with xfactor)
Or you get her with something like Hawkeye super
Or you chip her down with Storm-style supers
Crossover counter can help
etc etc

Wesker is harder, but you can often catch them on their teleport habits. Try an air grab when you predict it, or an assist like Jam Session.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I use Chris, Ammy, and Phoenix Wright. PW on point when opponent is a camper. Ammy otherwise. PW is my mid team player (forgot what its called). He's excellent on send ins from HC.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Is there a reset all stats thing in this game like CoD? I kept on finding people who could do insane combos and teleports when I had set my level to only finding the same as me, when these people clearly aren't.

Also whose a good counter to Thor? Twice this guy destroyed everyone on my team with him seeing as though he takes about 6 hits to kill everyone.

Anyway I ended the night with 6 wins and 18 loses.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Is there a reset all stats thing in this game like CoD? I kept on finding people who could do insane combos and teleports when I had set my level to only finding the same as me, when these people clearly aren't.

Also whose a good counter to Thor? Twice this guy destroyed everyone on my team with him seeing as though he takes about 6 hits to kill everyone.

Anyway I ended the night with 6 wins and 18 loses.

-There is an option to reset your win/loss ratio in the options screen

-Everyone is a counter to Thor.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
So Hulk did this gamma wave and it caught my Doom assist and he just looped it until he died. I tried advance guarding it but nothing worked, so how do I stop this?

2nd, how do I beat Dark Phoenix?

3rd, how do I beat Wesker? I die in like 1 combo from him.

1. you have to attack hulk to get him to stop

2. hawkeye and strider ruin her life but other than that, TAC destroys phoenix teams but seriously, if you let the opponent get dark phoenix, it's game over

3. be patient against wesker, remember he's pretty much safe from everything and deals a lot of damage so one mistake and you're eating a good combo, if he empty teleports, time your launcher, other than that, you don't win cause he's wesker and online is dumb

TL?

Smash Ace
1. you have to attack hulk to get him to stop

2. hawkeye and strider ruin her life but other than that, TAC destroys phoenix teams but seriously, if you let the opponent get dark phoenix, it's game over

3. be patient against wesker, remember he's pretty much safe from everything and deals a lot of damage so one mistake and you're eating a good combo, if he empty teleports, time your launcher, other than that, you don't win cause he's wesker and online is dumb
2. Add hawkeye and morrigan to the anti phoenix list. If you manage to land a clean hit on a full life phoenix, attempt a basic ground combo into a side aerial TAC for a 50/50(if the opponent is looking out for it) meter steal combo to kill phoenix. There's always the standard snap phoenix in early technique too.

3. For wesker, learn the spacing of where his teleports travel. If you know a wesker is about to H teleport you can jump forward and air grab him.

DUB

Smash Lord
Tron's Super where she stuns them and they get trampled by Servbots has really good DHC synergy with Sentinels QCB-Superl.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
People don't play this game for fun. That's the one big flaw about this game and why it's failed on everything below a competetive level.

For example I've played about 30 online matches and everyone plays to win. They don't pick characters they'll enjoy to have an all out brawl of fun, instead they pick the most spammy characters possible, or use the cheapest tactics ever. They're not playing for fun. Even winning by sitting back and spamming can't be fun. No enjoyment must come of that. It gets your heart racing but if you beat the spammer you don't feel excited, you don't feel like it was an enjoyable experience you'd like to repeat, yet over and over again you'll find them.

First and foremost games are meant to be enjoyed, not won. Easy to learn, yet hard to master. This is the complete opposite, you either have to have no fun dealing with constant spammers or have no fun dealing with people whose level you'll never dream of nearing unless you put as much time into the game as a full time job whilst beating the spammers.

For anyone that hasn't played MvC2, tell me what you enjoy about this game?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
People don't play this game for fun. That's the one big flaw about this game and why it's failed on everything below a competetive level.

For example I've played about 30 online matches and everyone plays to win. They don't pick characters they'll enjoy to have an all out brawl of fun, instead they pick the most spammy characters possible, or use the cheapest tactics ever. They're not playing for fun. Even winning by sitting back and spamming can't be fun. No enjoyment must come of that. It gets your heart racing but if you beat the spammer you don't feel excited, you don't feel like it was an enjoyable experience you'd like to repeat, yet over and over again you'll find them.

First and foremost games are meant to be enjoyed, not won. Easy to learn, yet hard to master. This is the complete opposite, you either have to have no fun dealing with constant spammers or have no fun dealing with people whose level you'll never dream of nearing unless you put as much time into the game as a full time job whilst beating the spammers.

For anyone that hasn't played MvC2, tell me what you enjoy about this game?

Fun is subjective. How you define "fun" may be vastly different from the other guy. I find that playing to win is fun; I think it's kinda boring derping around and "just playing." If I wanted to "just play" something for kicks, I'd sit down and play solitaire all day long. Sure, solitaire has an objective and you can ultimately win when you fill your suites (or lose when you run out of cards and not), but you're not competing against anything but the luck of the draw and yourself. To further expand on that, I'd also play single player games more often than not where I'm going up against AI. Either way, it's limited. There's only so much you can do. I like testing my mettle against things, other people specifically. There's something viscerally satisfying to me about competing against a living, breathing person in a forum of skill that I've cultivated personally. It's not a matter of winning or losing; it's the actual engagement in the competition in and of itself. Plus, it's sooooooooo varied. People may grouse about using the same damn thing in fighting games and whatnot over and over again but there's an element of randomness that's inherent in it all. It could be a mistake, a new thing, or whatever; you just don't know until you sit down and try it with another human being.

I don't care for the strategies people use, online or off. If they wanna sit there and spam all day, that's totally fine. It's how they win or how they lose, and it's entirely on them. But it hinges on me to figure out how I can beat them, not the other way around.

In the words of Magneto: YOU ARE DEFEATED.

Again, this is just me. But, baseline point...? You should stop quantifying "fun" purported by your leanings only. A lot of people have differing definitions of fun.

Smooth Criminal

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
But you don't sit back and spam because it's fun, you sit back and spam because you want to win and you believe the ends justify the means. Sure you don't have to care about other people, but once you've reached the stage where winning overrides everything else in the game then hasn't that game failed? What are you achieving by winning? Also did you play MvC2 a lot? If you have then nevermind you don't need to answer any of my questions.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
But you don't sit back and spam because it's fun, you sit back and spam because you want to win and you believe the ends justify the means. Sure you don't have to care about other people, but once you've reached the stage where winning overrides everything else in the game then hasn't that game failed? What are you achieving by winning? Also did you play MvC2 a lot? If you have then nevermind you don't need to answer any of my questions.

Why does playing MvC2 suddenly disqualify anybody from these sorts of questions, Pluvia? Should I walk into one of your FPS threads and ask the people there whether or not these games are enjoyable, barring answers from those that played previous iterations of those games? That's ********. I'm not speaking from the standpoint of someone who has played MVC2 a lot anyway, but again, I don't see why it matters at all.

Again, for some people, winning is fun. It doesn't "override" anything. You're trying to subject people to your viewpoint and not everybody shares it.

Play a game for what you make of it. If you don't like what you're playing, that's fine.

Smooth Criminal

Top Bottom