• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

DUB

Smash Lord
What kind of assist work well with Arthur?

I use Akuma-Gohadoken - this is my defensive assist i guess. When people are far away from me I use this in combination with axe or dagger toss.

I dont know who I want as a 3rd character. I want someone with an assist that can help me start combos because my main problem i feel like is getting in without blatantly walking up to someone or jumping. I like Spideys web shot because if it hits, i can get my newb combos off.

I've heard Dr.Doom was good in a team with arthur from reading around SRK.

TL?

Smash Ace
What kind of assist work well with Arthur?

I use Akuma-Gohadoken - this is my defensive assist i guess. When people are far away from me I use this in combination with axe or dagger toss.

I dont know who I want as a 3rd character. I want someone with an assist that can help me start combos because my main problem i feel like is getting in without blatantly walking up to someone or jumping. I like Spideys web shot because if it hits, i can get my newb combos off.

I've heard Dr.Doom was good in a team with arthur from reading around SRK.
I would reccomend switching to akuma's tatsu assist. It's way better. Akuma is a pretty good third, maybe you should looks for a 2nd instead. Doom has nice assists too, Hidden missles can be pretty mean with arthur's keepaway. You keep mentioning that it's hard getting in with arthur. That's true, he has no dash and his walk is too slow. What you should be doing is throwing stuff so they come to you and then jump and hit them with air S, from here you can do a low L or jump and immediately jump S and then do your full combo.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Sup guys informing you that I will no longer be playing Frank West anymore. It saddens me too, but I will be going back to one of my more popular Vanilla teams. Dante, Zero, Wesker

I have taken the time to consistently nail a Bold cancel to Air trick, Grapple etc set up's.

I will be playing dante on point unless I fight a phoenix team or a hulk

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Sup guys informing you that I will no longer be playing Frank West anymore. It saddens me too, but I will be going back to one of my more popular Vanilla teams. Dante, Zero, Wesker

I have taken the time to consistently nail a Bold cancel to Air trick, Grapple etc set up's.

That's a little sad. Although it makes sense since having Frank isn't that consistent sometimes if things go wrong.
And I've never had issues doing bold cancels to teleport/grapple in Vanilla. How are you doing it consistently in Ultimate?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero

ETWIST DOES NOT ****IN APPROVE.

I THOUGHT WE COVER'D WARS BRO?

Frank4lyfe

I dropped him on point though, that's a lost cause against people who know how to block.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
That's a little sad. Although it makes sense since having Frank isn't that consistent sometimes if things go wrong.
And I've never had issues doing bold cancels to teleport/grapple in Vanilla. How are you doing it consistently in Ultimate?
Where you playing on a stream today?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I never actually played Dante in Vanilla he was more of an assist for my Chris. I just went in the lab and practiced till i got it memorized.

Yeah Frank on point is so dumb... I tried.. it wasn't working... :(

DUB

Smash Lord
When you are still new the most important thing to learn is defense not offense. Learn how to block against specific chars and learn how to pushblock and counter-poke in block strings. Knowing when to block is an invaluable tool most new players tend to glaze over. Offense, combo's, and more advance setups will come naturally as you play and spend more time in training mode.QUOTE]

I felt like the blocking part was really good advice. Though it's hard for me atm to find openings to sneak attacks into chars combos ( mostly because im unfamiliar with that they do I think) I think I'll have better luck. Advancing guard is really useful and I'm glad I learned it for escaping those corners. I actually beat some people for the first time yesterday online. The first game was so epic. I only had Arthur left and went Emperor (Super Saiyan?:cool:) and began to spam homing arrows until his Dante died and in comes the Hulk. He had half health and as soon as he switched in I hit with Forwoard-Down-Diag H --> Bottle Toss --> Save the Princess? The one with the fire and ice dragon. Apparently that is one of the most damaging supers in the game.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I never actually played Dante in Vanilla he was more of an assist for my Chris. I just went in the lab and practiced till i got it memorized.

Yeah Frank on point is so dumb... I tried.. it wasn't working... :(
But he's covered wars...

I'm using the talking raccoon again, at least he fought in those wars.

Viper (y)/ Spiderman (b)/ Raccoon (y)

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
If covering wars is a way to let them drop there guard, I would be happy.. Im tried of relying on Cr. H to L Zombie toss

I would rather Stinger Bold Cancel Reverb Shock Fireworks

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
If covering wars is a way to let them drop there guard, I would be happy.. Im tried of relying on Cr. H to L Zombie toss

I would rather Stinger Bold Cancel Reverb Shock Fireworks
Yeah but then you wouldn't seem all that unique using such a *****d character.

This game is like Wesker vs. Devil May Cry despite having 50 characters...

EDIT: Besides, try using Frank in the second slot. I just team aerial combo + cross combo = lv. 4.

Savon

Smash Ace
Chris/Skrull/Dorm worked REALLY well as my team at the fight night I went to last night. Considering my lack of offline experience I beat a LOT of people.

With that being said Doom is so stupid. Why give him that darn groundbounce.

Also I hate zero. I never seem to be able to attack against zero.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Nope. I've never been on a stream as far as I know so far. If I'm going to be on one, it'll probably be WNF (when I stop putting it off and just go).
Ha, this. I wish I could find the time to go to WNF, but a 30 minute drive for something I suck at is kinda...ehh.

DUB

Smash Lord
There isn't a set tier list for UmVC3 is their? I've looked around the web and seen some but I can't trust the credabilitiy of some of these people. From what I've been reading

Akuma,Iron Fist, Wolverine, Wesker, Amaterasu, Dormammu, Frank West are considered the best in the game right now with Haggar being the worst.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
There isn't a set tier list for UmVC3 is their? I've looked around the web and seen some but I can't trust the credabilitiy of some of these people. From what I've been reading

Akuma,Iron Fist, Wolverine, Wesker, Amaterasu, Dormammu, Frank West are considered the best in the game right now with Haggar being the worst.
Haggar can break one million damage off of one hit without meter. Hsien-Ko and Phoenix Wright are the bottom of the barrel. Anyone who's played the game for more than an hour can tell you that.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So I played MvC3 for a while, is this better or worse.. I mean I sucked but it was still fun XD. how is Spiderman?

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
I always get owned when I play Pheonix. I just saw some random tierlist people said he sucked. The internet <3 But I looked into Haggar and BUM one of the best DKs ever in Brawl/Melee was playing him. I was really impressed and see how his potential. Here it is for those curious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTXB83XlnaU&feature=related
the legend of Bum continues, being the best and never competing.

Also lol at ironfist being one of the best. He's a horrible char he loses to up back. Jwong even admits he's terrible.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Lol some poor soul dropped $30 walking in front of me.

I bought Jill since they discounted her to $2 today, and I like her a little. Damage output is modest w/o assist but she's cool to mixup with.

EDIT: I'm a PW player, not a try-hard though.

Haggar can break one million damage off of one hit without meter. Hsien-Ko and Phoenix Wright are the bottom of the barrel. Anyone who's played the game for more than an hour can tell you that.
Big damage doesn't mean much when I keep blocking your pipe.

It takes more than an hour of play for EACH character to understand the strengths and weaknesses...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Phoenix Wright actually can get you somewhere once in turnabout, and actually can do something AT ALL without it.

I think you mean Hsien-ko and Arthur, Serris (don't give me that Anchor bull****, the entirety of top tier is still a better anchor than Arthur)

Top Bottom