• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
after about 200 games w/ my friend and testing out a few characters, i've decided on using x-23/hsien ko/strider

fits the way i play best

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
I'm likely going to pick up UMvC3 tomorrow, anyone have tips for me?
I'm thinking of using Ammy/Dr. Strange/Zero but I still have no clue about how teams are made or whatnot. I'm going to use Ammy in every team I use but I'd like some help on who I should use with her.
I'm a little frightened by mission mode, a lot of the combos look so difficult lol. Should I do one at a time or try to get all of them at once?
Also, is this game more dependent on combos, predicting/punishing, or around the middle?
Thanks in advance :)

:038:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
if the 8th-10th missions are too hard for me, i hop into training mode to get used to the speed and properties of all versions of the moves, and try to improvise new combos in general

after playing a few matches with the characters, the last missions become much easier. i understand hsien ko's moves very well, so when ultimate came out, i was able to do her missions so easily.

but say for iron fist, if you're not used to his rekkas, it will be very difficult to get used to using every single one in a combo and memorizing what all of them do. just take your sweet sweet time with the game. a lot of people tend to rush into getting good and picking top tiers and what not, but if you do this you'll probably get blown up by some mixup you're not familiar with, or some lameness that you won't be able to get around

Also, is this game more dependent on combos, predicting/punishing, or around the middle?
all of the above! and also, matchups. matchups matchups matchups

i still have to figure out how to fight hawkeye lol..

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
I used half of the bnbs that people recommended and half of my own general knowledge of my character in BlazBlue and I was doing some pretty good damaging combos, but then BBCS2 came out and I lost ALL of those combos on the characters I used :(
The good thing is it doesn't seem like Ammy gets changed too much from game to game so I'm not worried about her.
Anyway thank you for your advice :) I'm not going to rush into tiers or anything, although I may try Wesker out a bit because his OTG just looks like it's fun/useful.

:038:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Getting in on keepaway is so frustrating but so fun. Trying to get in on Cable/CapCom taught me how to deal with it better. Ultimate's keepaway isn't so bad unless you're factoring online. Then it's just random bad Hawkeye's doing random Gimlets hoping you touched a button.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Getting in on keepaway is so frustrating but so fun. Trying to get in on Cable/CapCom taught me how to deal with it better. Ultimate's keepaway isn't so bad unless you're factoring online. Then it's just random bad Hawkeye's doing random Gimlets hoping you touched a button.
But then I can Maximum Spider after the Gimlet cutscene and beat it even if I DID press a button.

I'm gonna just reset my stats and quit ranked cause everyone I play runs their internet off a potato. -_-

TL?

Smash Ace
I stopped doing ranked once I hit 7th. If you level up too far, matchmaking has a hard time finding people for you to play against. Zoning is fun, I mained an arthur/morrigan/sentinel team for the later half of vanilla. I haven't run into any legitimately good keepaway online in ultimate yet, just the standard ghost rider teams, and hawkeye everywhere. :/

I've also been using a bit more viper lately. Anyone good with this characer? I'm starting to get the double seismo box jump combo down, but I'm just really bad at landing a clean hit on people with this character. Anyone want to reccomend me a viper team? These are the characters I like to use the most(besides viper): Arthur, Morrigan, Sentinel, x23, Vergil, Thor, Strider, Hulk.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Yo, real talk, Dieminion is my favorite player ever. He knows exactly what the **** he is doing, and I love every(99) second(s) of it.
I guess that's why he lost a GF to Noel Brown when he didn't have lag on his side.

Edit: Time to dust off my ignore list. Get it in your skulls that unless I've see you play, you shouldn't even post. And for the record ET, who said I wanted to see you play ONLINE after all the complaining I've put out with how laggy it is?

Stupid.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
you haven't seen me play
because i don't lose to zoners with spiderman

also, dieminon(sp?) is a great player with a pretty unique team, he plays noel brown like all the time thanks to Big Twos so yeah of course he lost a set or two to the guy
Chris G is the only player that actually zoned him out so far that i have seen

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
No one else in my neighborhood has the game let alone knows it exist.

Even Matador didn't care to get the game and he was better than me.
/namesearch

Question...objectively, is this game good? Like, does it have patches of fun that are worth picking it up or is it a lot better than vanilla? I'm still debating on whether or not to purchase it

Actual inquiry here.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I'd say it's better than Vanilla, I have yet to feel completely overwhelmed by a singular character/team (The characters I use are good, so that's part of the reason, haha), more characters stand a chance in this game.

I guess it's not really objective, but still.

I like it more/have played it more than Vanilla by a good amount.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I guess that's why he lost a GF to Noel Brown when he didn't have lag on his side.

Edit: Time to dust off my ignore list. Get it in your skulls that unless I've see you play, you shouldn't even post. And for the record ET, who said I wanted to see you play ONLINE after all the complaining I've put out with how laggy it is?

Stupid.
Im reasonably Certain Dieminion 2-1'd Noel Brown at Big Two #4 and then Noel didnt even make it to GF's, while Dieminion did. But sure, scrub as hard as you can about how people dont play exactly the way you want them to, just like the online ads tell you, that will DEFINITELY make your **** bigger.

TL?

Smash Ace
No one else in my neighborhood has the game let alone knows it exist.

Even Matador didn't care to get the game and he was better than me.

@TL? The matching is dumb. You either run into someone with a **** connection or someone you don't wanna play like dasboot42.
Are you on PS3? I run into mostly good connections on XBL. And for anyone who is campy, I just pop up behind them with vergil. :bee:

@Matador:

I like this game a lot better than vanilla. Although, If you tried vanilla and didn't like it, you probably won't like this one.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Random question: I haven't really found anything to confirm this or not besides not seeing it anymore but does zero still have his corner infinite with sougenmu(sp?) that Marn used to do a lot or was it taken out?

the one thats S into QCB M repeat

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Random question: I haven't really found anything to confirm this or not besides not seeing it anymore but does zero still have his corner infinite with sougenmu(sp?) that Marn used to do a lot or was it taken out?

the one thats S into QCB M repeat
It's still in but it isn't (nor wasn't) an infinite.
It was practical in Vanilla with the DHC trick to reset the HSD and damage. Zero can just do a Raikousen Loop instead though.

GreenAce

Smash Ace

Stupid.
Frayfafafafray. Stay free.

:phone:

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Im reasonably Certain Dieminion 2-1'd Noel Brown at Big Two #4 and then Noel didnt even make it to GF's, while Dieminion did. But sure, scrub as hard as you can about how people dont play exactly the way you want them to, just like the online ads tell you, that will DEFINITELY make your **** bigger.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFtJjKOPC4U

Cause I totally don't follow the game at all to know what I'm talking about.

I love pissing people off.

@TL? Yes PS3. Vergil teleport is SO predictable though so you wanna have back up with an assist. If not then I get to 100% you with a UWT reset...

Top Bottom