• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
It also gives Spencer a free 160k damage extension.

Woah woah woah Serris, I feel Vertical wire grapple doesn't need to be scaled. Obviously I'm biased, but I don't think it's a problem to be honest.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yeah, Frank doesn't need any nerfs. Like, seriously, why would anyone nerf a barely high tier character? Spencer doesn't really need that either..

Honestly, I don't think any characters deserve nerfs besides Wesker. And even then, Wesker is NOT the best character.

Zero doesn't need nerfs. You barely ever see Zero's (Good Zero's) and yes I know, in the right hands he's ********. Really ********. But you need some pretty consistent execution to pull that **** off all of the time. I just don't agree with the "omfggg dis charektor iz 2 gud nerf himmmmm" these new players always do. If the character isn't completely ****** the game, leave him the **** alone.

Wesker isn't even as good as y'all make him out to be. The only thing ******** about him is dark Wesker. You see him so much for that and other reasons, the other reasons being he fits in with like, any team on like, any spot. He really does fill all rolls and he's good. Is that a good reason to nerf him to ****? Hell no. And I ****ing HATE Wesker (playstyle wise that gun can eat a ****) but the only thing he needs nerfed is his damage in XF. And that glasses **** is stupid, it has to go.

Other than that, She-Hulk, Arthur, PW, Tron, Haggar, Thor, IM, Jill, Shuma, Chun, LEI-LEI (why can't they just ****ing make her like VSav Lei-Lei? I DON'T ****ING UNDERSTAND CRAPCOM) and maybbeeee Hulk and IF need buffs. I'm still on edge about RR and MODOK. Mainly because nobody knows how to play RR and MODOK.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I think MODOK'S got what he needs, he's really not that bad overall.

IF and Hulk don't need buffs either in my opinion. I don't want to just use Jwong as an example, and even then, there was SOME things that he could hardly deal with, but I think it's too early to warrant a buff for him. Also, his ForwardH option select is the silliest thing. Not sure how you would even buff Hulk.

Everyone else you said could use some buffs.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
If MODOK did get a buff it would give him a low.

Idk how to buff Hulk either. Does anyone play Hulk here?
super armor everything
thats the only buff you could give him
I see nothing wrong with hulk, he's really good and also very beatable, his strengths seem to also be his weaknesses so i don't see why anything should be done to him

if ANYTHING, buff phoenix, nerf dark phoenix
its sort of a waste of a good character to nerf her to **** even within the game's system just because her counterpart was stupid simple/OP

i agree on wesker nerfs, take away those glasses and all will be right in the world again
but of course capcom is going to "listen to the fans" and also not listen to the REAL fans
for example: everyone agrees wesker needed nerfs from vanilla, capcom instead buffs him
no one besides maybe new/casual players say we should get mashable hypers
capcom gives us mashable hypers

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Well, actually, all the marvel 2 players (including me) didn't really care about mashable hypers. Hell, we liked it. They just implemented it wrong. It's a stupid mechanic now because XF keeps you from easily mashing. Now it's like a chore. I hate it in this game.

And yeah, Phoenix should get buffs as a character.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I never said it was hard. Maybe if you played other fighters you would understand why I have a habit of mashing that way, I still play Marvel 2. In that game that's how you mash because mashing with one button gets you no where.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
VJ could also use buffs.

Like, why the **** does his bomb hurt him when Chris can blow himself up to hell and back and not be affected at all?

I mash the top 3 because it feels right

TL?

Smash Ace
Hulk was one of my mains in vanilla, but I haven't really been using him much in ultimate. You just reach a point where you feel like you can only get so good with hulk. His buffs to ultimate were actually really really good. In vanilla, the two things I wanted with hulk were shorter charge times, and working armor on gamma charge, and hulk got both of those and more. I don't think hes that bad, but he loses horribly to some specific characters than can outzone him and multihit him(zero, morrigan).

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Yeah, Frank doesn't need any nerfs. Like, seriously, why would anyone nerf a barely high tier character? Spencer doesn't really need that either..

Honestly, I don't think any characters deserve nerfs besides Wesker. And even then, Wesker is NOT the best character.

Zero doesn't need nerfs. You barely ever see Zero's (Good Zero's) and yes I know, in the right hands he's ********. Really ********. But you need some pretty consistent execution to pull that **** off all of the time. I just don't agree with the "omfggg dis charektor iz 2 gud nerf himmmmm" these new players always do. If the character isn't completely ****** the game, leave him the **** alone.

Wesker isn't even as good as y'all make him out to be. The only thing ******** about him is dark Wesker. You see him so much for that and other reasons, the other reasons being he fits in with like, any team on like, any spot. He really does fill all rolls and he's good. Is that a good reason to nerf him to ****? Hell no. And I ****ing HATE Wesker (playstyle wise that gun can eat a ****) but the only thing he needs nerfed is his damage in XF. And that glasses **** is stupid, it has to go.

Other than that, She-Hulk, Arthur, PW, Tron, Haggar, Thor, IM, Jill, Shuma, Chun, LEI-LEI (why can't they just ****ing make her like VSav Lei-Lei? I DON'T ****ING UNDERSTAND CRAPCOM) and maybbeeee Hulk and IF need buffs. I'm still on edge about RR and MODOK. Mainly because nobody knows how to play RR and MODOK.
I just wanted to point out that Wesker IS easily the best char in the game. Not because he's "LOL SO BROKEN" just for the fact he's the most versatile character in the game. I mean what other char is great can do half the things wesker can do? He is great on point, builds tons of meter, easy to DHC into/out to, with mashing maximum wesker does decent damage, good anchor, best otg assist in the game, zones out a large majority of the cast, good lvl3, etc, etc, etc. Personally I don't think anyone really needs nerfs at the moment but at the same time that shouldn't blind us from who is top tier.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I don't know why he just doesn't seem that strong.. but I guess he could be because of the versatility. I think it's just different perspectives.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I agree with Brightside on this one, but that's also because I thought Wesker was also top tier early on in Vanilla. Zero's amazing but there's two things that make me place him lower than Wesker. He's less consistent than Wesker and he doesn't add value to any team like Wesker does. I just see Zero as how I saw MvC2 Strider. You have to consider a team that's good for him so he does good damage and him as an assist... there are better options. Wesker you can slap onto any team and call it a day.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm okay with Zero being good. A character I actually want to play being viable in a marvel game sounds enjoyable, even if it's one as silly as this one.

I think this hasn't been posted yet. If it has then oh well.
http://shoryuken.com/2011/12/21/umvc3-new-zero-technology/

Maybe I can get him to help Wright in some way whenever I get this. That DP assist could be nice.
Welp. Looks like Zero doesn't need a team lol.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well... that combo wasn't hard to learn lol. I was just too lazy to to perfect the jump loops and Raikousen loop until now.
Not sure if you'll see this, but thanks, AvariceX.

Savon

Smash Ace
Zero needs more HSD. Wesker needs frames that are not so good as well as removal of his sunglasses mechanic. Dumb and not even true to the character.

Magneto is great, but isn't to use thus will get no complaints. Mashing on gravity squeeze is dumb though. 400k damage was fine enough considering how easily you could combo into it.

She-Hulk needs her slide back. I can even deal with her not having the rapid fire cr. L.

Arthur needs 1mill health straight up, and not go into a hard knockdown state when armor breaks.

Morrigan just needs more damage.

Joe needs a REAL otg. Just look how much an OTG helped captain america.

Ironman needs a total revamp from the ground up. I'm talking new moveset and everything.

I do not know much about spiderman, but I think just making is execution easier would be great.

Rocket Raccoon either needs more hitstun on his moves or at least a regular magic series.

Tron and Hsien-Ko need to get the **** out of my game altogether.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I agree with Brightside on this one, but that's also because I thought Wesker was also top tier early on in Vanilla. Zero's amazing but there's two things that make me place him lower than Wesker. He's less consistent than Wesker and he doesn't add value to any team like Wesker does. I just see Zero as how I saw MvC2 Strider. You have to consider a team that's good for him so he does good damage and him as an assist... there are better options. Wesker you can slap onto any team and call it a day.
Waaaaaaaay better than MvC2 Strider.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I never said it was hard. Maybe if you played other fighters you would understand why I have a habit of mashing that way, I still play Marvel 2. In that game that's how you mash because mashing with one button gets you no where.
If you played more Mario party back in the day you wouldn't have the 1 button mashing problem hahah.

Or if you played more FF8.....

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
So I Played Marvel again today, Played Phoenix Wright, Him getting evidence is still random, Maya shield comes out faster. His Order in the Court in turnabout does a **** ton of damage. Overall I'll still play him. For now..

Savon

Smash Ace
MODOK was always good, but dammit he is just sooooo nontraditional. I kinda wish I picked up MODOk from day 1 as my first character because at this point there are too many things the rest of the cast can do that he does not do normally that make him hard to pick up.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
wright's evidence is not random

you will always get 3 good pieces of evidence in the first 4 attempts, ALWAYS, don't believe me, try it out

hulk needs dash cancel-able normals, like doom, then he'll be broken :p

zero is really dumb, he can ToD thor without using meter, seriously? why the **** can he do this capcom, why?

wesker needs to lose the glasses thing and then his launcher needs to be not as ******** (it's ******** that it's as fast as some characters' light attacks while being only -1 on block, so it's effectively safe)

deadpool's standing light attack needs a hitbox nerf (it's seriously dumb) and a hitstun nerf cause there should be no reason you get a full combo after connecting 8 of them

iron really only needs a better air dash, everything about him is buffed from vanilla except for the fact he lost his double jump and the fact his air dash is trash, seriously, fix his air dash and he's basically top tier

firebrand might need a nerf

Top Bottom