• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I'm ****ing terrible at this game

how can you be ****ing terrible at marvel 3. ****
It's not necessarily that you were bad. In fact, I'd say you're definitely above average. It's just that you were hanging in a lobby with people who are quite possibly the best Nemesis, best Vergil, and best Phoenix on PSN. Don't take your losses to heart. You have potential.

The Southern California Regionals top 16 breakdown:

Wesker: 8
Doctor Doom: 4
Wolverine: 4
Magneto: 3
Zero: 3
Akuma: 2
Amaterasu: 2
Dormammu: 2
Phoenix: 2
Strider Hiryu: 2
Taskmaster: 2
Captain America: 1
Chris: 1
Dante: 1
Doctor Strange: 1
Frank West: 1
Hawkeye: 1
Hsien-Ko: 1
Iron Fist: 1
Nemesis T-Type: 1
Sentinel: 1
Spencer: 1
Storm: 1
Trish: 1
Vergil: 1

I'll say one thing, the variety is much greater than Fate of Two Worlds, but there's a glaring presence at the top of the list that doesn't seem to want to go away.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Why wouldn't you have wesker he's brain dead easy and effective, and the staple OTG you get exposed and ***** with.

Edit speaking of Wright since Im probably the only guy who plays him. I've noticed 2 bugs with him. 1, If he trades a Bridge to Turnabout he doesn't go into turnabout mode, 2. If he Unblockable set up with Bridge to turn about he also doesn't go into to turn about mode. Capcom Please fix this.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Your spider-man is sick.
I've been wanting to pick him up. What are some of the key things to know with this character?
Well since Ultimate everything he does is pretty much safe now since you can zipline everything. This make for interesting pressure strings since he can web swing zip line, web ball-zipline,etc

Spidey is very dependent on assist for combo potential and getting in so his teams have to be built with these idea's in mind. Which assists he works with and what he can use are fairly limited. Doom, Dorm, Hawkeye to name a few.

As for DHC capabilities since most spidey combo's end with the preferred crawler assault He has a lot more flexibility with who he can work with. If your combo ends with maximum spider who he can DHC into effectively is very limited. Your second character should take this into account since some of your combo's will have to end with maximum out of necessity.

You can block during zipline so its a safe tool to use for approach.

This is just my opinion on Spidey so ill just throw it in also. He's not a good rushdown character. He has 2 angles of approach from the air which are easy to see once you play him enough and he has a fast ground dash with subpar normals. While it is necessary to play offensive oriented rushdown vs certain chars and certain situations Spidey's main strength lies in his defensive capabilities. Get the life lead and hold it. He's great at punishing and he has enough mobility where chasing him down and staying on him is frustrating. But thats just my 2cents on how he should be played. Other spidey players tend to disagree with me rather violently so take it how you will.

Well that's pretty much all I can think of in terms of basics off the top of my head.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
"You break my records, I break YOU!"

Shout outs to Yipes and Tasty Steve for the Blood Sports reference.

These two guys are absolutely hilarious on the SCR stream.

Smooth Criminal

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Recently I've gone from almost ranking down from 6th lord to getting ready to rank up to 5th because of my change in teams.

My main team was RR/Frank/Chris and frankly (no pun intended) RR couldn't stay alive long enough to ensure Frank got to Level 4. With contant pressure from the opponent RR didn't have time to mix them up with Chris' gunfire assist and he'd just get boided, leaving Lvl 1 Frank to get destroyed.

Seeing how much Frank sucked the life out of RR I switched him out for Hulk and his Gamma Charge Anti Air assist and now I'm able to play RR MUCH more effectivly. The anti air assist helps me get away with RR and lets me set up traps and mixups with Chris' Assist. And it works, my RR has been getting the best of alot of the other characters while Hulk and Chris finish any business that RR leaves behind.

On the other hand, I wanted to still keep Frank on my team so I switched Chris and RR's positions, Chris gains the meter first which he does quite well and then throws a H Grenade and raw tags RR. RR now has a much easier time to get Frank to Level 4 then he did before, however this team doesn't work quite as good as the first.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
They actually nerfed Wright.

Excuse me, I'm going to go bandage my head wounds that resulted from assaulting my desk with it.

The **** Capcom?

THE ****?

It's either Capcom's stupid or there's something we haven't learned about Wright yet which makes him super viable. I don't know. That was like 1/2 the reason why I wanted to play as Wright other than that Turnabout mode that lasts for only 20 seconds...... Does he have at least any subtle buffs other than a faster animation of Maya's shield?
Seth: "Well Wright had some undiscovered tech". #kappa
Huh?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I should be 5th lord by now.

But a few mid match disconnects made getting from 7th to 6th lord take a lot longer than it should have.

You lose a crap ton of exp for disconnecting.

It's roughly 3-4 wins worth.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Running Mephisto, Multiple Man, and Iceman in Heroes and Heralds. Nothing says "**** you" like a Phoenix team of one that starts with a full hyper gauge, regenerates it throughout the match, and takes reduced chip damage.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
THIS
i watched a bit of the SCR stream and saw one guy
ONE GUY
do well with wright, and it wasn't just because of the assist, it was because he crafted his team well and had good knowledge of how the character works
imo wright is a pretty bad character unless he has a good assist and the player can play their other characters very well

....but they buffed maya, yay?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
WHY WOULD THEY NERF MY CHARACTER GODDAMNIT caps

Wow **** capcom, they're stupid ******* *****es who need to be shot down why the **** would you ****ing nerf the worse character in the game WHEN THAT WAS THE ONLY GOOD THING HE HAD. HE ISN'T HSIEN KO WHERE HE SPENDS ONE METER TO GAIN SUPER ARMOR THIS GUY NEEDS TO NOT DIE PICK UP EVIDENCE THEN HIT A ****ING Bridge to turnabout. **** THIS ****, IM RETURNING MARVEL **** THIS GAME

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
So, I was originally most hyped up for PW when the game first came out, and surprisingly he could be played well. But now? He's a joke character, people were saying he was already bad but now he's worse than Hisen-Ko. Wright couldn't defened his case against the Nerf. GG

Rocket Racoon and Chris will be my 100% focus now.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Pheonix Wright: Wesker! You're time as a top tier character in this game has come to an end!

Pheonix Wright: I have proof that you cause bull**** when you take off your sunglasses.

Pheonix Wright: I rest my case.

Judge: With out further adeu, Albert Wesker is found ---

Wesker: OBJECTION!

Wesker: The one who actually needs the nerf.... is YOU!

Pheonix Wright: !!!

Wesker: No alibi, no justice, no treat, no hope

Wesker: Its time to pay for your crimes! TAKE THAT!

and then Pheonix Wright was nerfed.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Big Marcus has known about this setup for awhile now. While it appears to be good there are a lot of things the other player can do to **** with firebrands timing. Firebrand has to adjust his combo according to how you react to the skrull assist. Just do some slight variations to the pushblock timing and so on and the firebrand will mess up eventually. While your chars will be damaged you'll be sitting on a wealth of meter to do with at your leisure.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Currently using Soki(main)/Mephisto/something that adds 2 meters on Spencer/Nem/Nova

Basic strategy: If an assist is called, THC. Outside of that, fight normally using super armored moves to start combos (which do 1mil off one bar)

We in there

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Big Marcus has known about this setup for awhile now. While it appears to be good there are a lot of things the other player can do to **** with firebrands timing. Firebrand has to adjust his combo according to how you react to the skrull assist. Just do some slight variations to the pushblock timing and so on and the firebrand will mess up eventually. While your chars will be damaged you'll be sitting on a wealth of meter to do with at your leisure.
Thanks for the heads-up, Brightside. I kinda figured it had something to do with screwing around with pushblocking but wasn't too sure.

Also, here's a video detailing some of the changes that came with this patch, courtesy of Desk:

http://shoryuken.com/2011/12/19/des...c-19th-heroes-and-heralds-patch-changesfixes/

Smooth Criminal

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
If theres any positive news about PW heres some.

In H&H's mode if you use Multiple Man with Pheonix Wright his evidence bar wil remain the same when one PW dies and the other hops in. It pretty much garuntees you'll get Turnabout once, twice, or even three times in a match.

Same thing goes for Frank and his Level up system

Top Bottom