• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I'm currently playing in the SRK PSN lobby. I should have some footage up tomorrow, though a lot of it isn't exactly flattering.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I closed out the session with a five-game win streak. Some highlights:

Crimson Viper K.O.'d during EX Thunder Knuckle by Turnabout Wright finger.
Phoenix happy birthday on Wesker and Strider.
Nemesis being godlike.
Thor proving he's not bottom tier.

Video up tomorrow.

Now, it's time for...

...SERRIS'S DREAM PATCH!

Arthur:
  • Adjust Fire Bottle Toss (Gamma) assist so that it's possible to hit off the ground in the corner while wearing King's Armor.

Chun-Li:
  • New move: Hazanshu. Overhead attack that causes a ground bounce.
  • Reduce number of start-up frames on light and medium versions of Kikoken.

Dante:
  • Increase damage scaling on Jam Session (Alpha) assist.

Doctor Doom:
  • Increase damage scaling on Hidden Missiles (Beta) assist.

Hsien-Ko:
  • Reduce damage scaling on normal attacks.
  • Increase air dash speed.
  • Reduce number of start-up frames on Henkyo Ki.
  • Allow Henkyo Ki to be canceled by launcher.
  • Allow Senpu Bu to be canceled by normal attacks.

Jill:
  • Reduce damage scaling on grounded normal attacks.
  • Increase the length of her crouching medium slide attack.
  • Decrease float on all air attacks.
  • Increase hit box sizes of aerial normal attacks.

Morrigan:
  • Reduce damage scaling on all normal attacks.
  • Astral Vision now doubles damage scaling.

Phoenix:
  • Reduce hit stun scaling on all normal attacks.
  • Add invincibility frames to TK Trap (Gamma) assist.

Phoenix Wright:
  • Increase hit box sizes of standing normal attacks.

Tron:
  • Reduce knockback of aerial heavy attack.

Vergil:
  • Increase damage scaling on Rapid Slash (Gamma) assist.

Wesker:
  • Health reduction to 900,000.

Zero:
  • Health reduction to 800,000.

Some of these are pretty self-explanatory, but there are a few that stick out, and I'll address them appropriately.

The nerfs to Dante, Doctor Doom, Vergil, and Zero are all because of this, a touch of death combo off one hit that kills the vast majority of the roster without X-Factor and can be done in a tournament setting. Given the number of tools Zero already has at his disposal, this kind of power is unwarranted.

Jill sucks. There's no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Too much work with too little reward. These changes would restore her to her Fate of Two Worlds self with some increased damage.

Morrigan has very lackluster damage. Decreasing her damage scaling would fix this, but to prevent her from becoming overpowered, Astral Vision would need to have increased damage scaling.

Phoenix is a polarizing character because of how dominant she was the first time around. Because of the universal reduction in meter building and the nerf to her health, she's more than likely screwed if she gets caught below level five. Reducing her hit stun scaling while keeping her damage scaling intact would allow her to build more meter by herself without giving her any significant damage increase. Her vitality also prevents her from having a viable assist. Giving her TK Trap assist invincibility frames would make it a decent combo breaker, but because of the delay between setting the trap and firing, it's still avoidable and not overpowered.

Tron has dropped quite a ways since Fate of Two Worlds. She no longer has a good assist, and her ability to combo has been reduced quite a bit. Restoring her aerial heavy attack to its original form isn't completely unjustified.

Wesker is notorious in Ultimate because you can literally throw him on any team and still have some synergy. He's the jack of all trades, and he's damn good at what he does. His high damage on his normals, random cross-ups with Phantom Dance, and his new glasses mechanic make me think that he has a bit too much health for what he can do.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Serris said:
Serris's Dream Patch
The main nerf I want for Wesker is removing the whole glasses thing. Seriously, that thing is not necessary.

Also, not wanting Joe buffs. :glare:

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
The main nerf I want for Wesker is removing the whole glasses thing. Seriously, that thing is not necessary.

Also, not wanting Joe buffs. :glare:
I have played a god-tier Viewtiful Joe, and it is frightening on a fundamental level. That being said, I noticed you didn't disagree with anything else on the list. Whoop.

TL?

Smash Ace
...SERRIS'S DREAM PATCH!

Morrigan:
  • Reduce damage scaling on all normal attacks.
  • Astral Vision now doubles damage scaling.
Ouch, I think your dream patch would make morrigan overall a weaker character(or at least a weaker anchor). In my opinion, all she needs is for supers not to count toward air action limits like in vanilla. :urg:

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
There's a rumor going around that Phoenix Wright's Press the Witness assist is getting nerfed in Turnabout Mode in the patch on the 19th.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
There isn't really a significant difference between the two platforms. The difference in FPS averages less than .08 frames per second. The 360 version has 15% more screen tearing for every 60 frames because it doesn't have v-sync enabled. The PS3 does, and it's triple buffered, but there's a one-frame input delay and frame drops occur more frequently on the older models... like mine. :urg:

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Add GS Ryker on XBL and catch me if you want to play for awhile. I'm getting on now.
I'll play you tomorrow if you want! o:

As for the Zero complaints...lol. Don't pick ****ty characters against Zero. Anyone who can zone and keep Zero out wins free.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I'll play you tomorrow if you want! o:

As for the Zero complaints...lol. Don't pick ****ty characters against Zero. Anyone who can zone and keep Zero out wins free.
Zero is one of five characters I have no problems burning level 1 X-Factor to kill with Phoenix. All of my hate.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Then don't put Phoenix on point against Zero? Lol, Hawkeye is a decent matchup vs Zero IMO.

I'll play you tomorrow, too if you want, Hax.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Then don't put Phoenix on point
No. :mad:

It's not even that I have problems fighting Zero, it's that he's capable of some balls-to-the-wall stupid **** that can kill a high-health character off one hit without X-Factor. No character should have that kind of power. He's a huge threat at any point in the match so long as he's up front. Therefore, I will make the effort to X-Factor and even snap him in to kill him before he gets access to the stupidity that is level 3 X-Factor.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Yo your patch is cool and all but morrigan buffs?

Dieminion already carries the **** out of his team with that *****.

And I've seen chrisG do well with her too.

Just gotta play lamer bro.

I don't really see anything else, but you don't know about haggar resets trololol
As for

mood4food77

Smash Hero
you do realize that you can't outzone zero, his lvl 3 buster goes through practically everything, and he's still got teleports and other shenanigans and loves being in high opposite corner to annoy people

he's the most frustrating character to fight against, he just laughs at every other characters attempt at footsies (except iron possibly, and even then, it's not a given)

he's such a dumb character

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
my current team is Chris (machine gun), Hsien Ko (senpu bu), and Iron Fist (rising fang)

sounds very low tier but hear me out

chris + hsien ko tech is played by LLND very well, so i just copy his stuff. i don't have the lockdown stuff that he does since i don't use cold star assist, but my main goal is to build 2 meters to get hsien ko's armor. iron fist's rising fang assist is quite good for keepout, but my team loses hard if the opponent's initial rush is incredibly strong. i'll work hard to prevent that. i think walking away, jumping away in the beginning, doing a down shot, and calling iron fist is a good way to prevent initial rush down stuff. can i still get air thrown if i walk all the way back and jump away? hahah. i could also just walk back and mash back throw in the beginning and call iron fist, who will not likely lose to other assists besides haggar

i loved vanilla tron assist, and iron fist rising fang is the closest thing i could find. strong anti air, pushes them ALL THE WAY ACROSS for a long ground bounce on hit (free guns or grenade setups for chris) and it has huge push back even on block. great assist, but just gotta be careful since its invincibility is very short.

once i get the meters though, i basically just do chris' normal super, wait for the grenade to launch up, activate gold armor, watch what theyre doing, and look for the best opportunity to tag out to either chris or iron fist.

it's better if i get iron fist out so that the order is iron fist -> chris -> gold hsien ko, but a lot of times chris just has the stronger matchup. iron fist with hsien ko's gold senpu bu assist is really good for getting in, even on strong keepout like zero, doom, and dormammu. however, opening people up is the problem if they just block the whole time. iron fist's standing B will footsie so well and can stuff so much, but if they block and i put them in hsien ko assist block stun.... iron fist doesn't really have ways to mix them up during that block stun. so if i think i'm gonna get out zoned... i'll just do chris + hsien ko instead. another problem though is if chris takes too much damage in the beginning..... but whatever, i'll just prevent that.

chris' buffs are very welcome in this game. i had so much trouble keeping people out in vanilla, but he's good now and his matchup vs wesker which is SO FREAKING IMPORTANT is actually pretty decent. that prone chicken blocking is also very welcome :awesome:

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I agree with mood, cept for the footsies part. People need to just accept that footsies are pretttyyyy non-existent in this game for the most part. There no limb wars like Sent mirrors in Marvel 2. It's just straight spacing and whiff punishing.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
anyone want to play? "SSBM Hax" on XBL
I'd add you, but that distance...
No. :mad:

It's not even that I have problems fighting Zero, it's that he's capable of some balls-to-the-wall stupid **** that can kill a high-health character off one hit without X-Factor. No character should have that kind of power. He's a huge threat at any point in the match so long as he's up front. Therefore, I will make the effort to X-Factor and even snap him in to kill him before he gets access to the stupidity that is level 3 X-Factor.
LOL Zero players aren't going to save him for level 3 XF.
you do realize that you can't outzone zero, his lvl 3 buster goes through practically everything, and he's still got teleports and other shenanigans and loves being in high opposite corner to annoy people

he's the most frustrating character to fight against, he just laughs at every other characters attempt at footsies (except iron possibly, and even then, it's not a given)

he's such a dumb character
Hawkeye destroys Zero. And his level 3 Buster has less durability than you think.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
hawkeye doesn't destroy zero, no one does, it's impossible, zero's buster just solves everything

hawkeye is his worst match-up as of right now though

seriously, zero is a really dumb character, there's not a single thing he can't do, kind of like viper except that his normal game is the absolute dumbest **** in the game, half the cast can't do anything about it

hawkeye's a ***** but he's not on zero/viper/firebrand levels of stupid, he's got gimlet, a really stupid slide, and his arrows cover a lot of space, which pretty much makes him a faster taskmaster (who loses direct damage output), people just aren't used to fighting him yet, kind of like frank west and the other new characters

zero on the other hand...just....i hate him

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
hawkeye doesn't destroy zero, no one does, it's impossible, zero's buster just solves everything

hawkeye is his worst match-up as of right now though

seriously, zero is a really dumb character, there's not a single thing he can't do, kind of like viper except that his normal game is the absolute dumbest **** in the game, half the cast can't do anything about it

hawkeye's a ***** but he's not on zero/viper/firebrand levels of stupid, he's got gimlet, a really stupid slide, and his arrows cover a lot of space, which pretty much makes him a faster taskmaster (who loses direct damage output), people just aren't used to fighting him yet, kind of like frank west and the other new characters

zero on the other hand...just....i hate him
You do know Cap shield goes through it, and several projectiles beat it, right? Viper actually takes some execution to be able to do anything with. How often do you find a good Viper...
Also you talk about his teleport like it has invinciblity frames. Snap him to anchor if you don't wanna deal with it. Gets rid of an assist too.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
zero doesn't have fully charged buster all the time though... right???
Good Zero players should have it charged all the time. If he doesn't have it charged, it's probably because he got hit. Zero's pretty much is dead after that anyways.

I do think that Zero is top tier though. The only problems from him dominating everyone is his neutral game isn't consistent from what we've seen so far and a solid keep away hurts him. Also, Jam Session and Hidden Missiles damage not scaling enough isn't really the issue, it's mainly because it's a free Raikousen (or 2) and Sentsuizan which does pretty good damage.

Top Bottom