• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
1. Pretty much everybody I play with does the standard "light>medium>heavy>launch> Team air combo" I know that you can press Special and a direction to get out of it, but I never see any top players engaged in this team ariel combo nonsense, I'm guessing there is a way to stop the combo 100% instead of a game of rock paper scissors.
The reason most top players rarely use TACs is because it has a chance of failing. The majority of the cast also doesn't have anything fancy they can do in after TAC'ing in, so its often better just to finish your combo with the first character and get your guaranteed damage. The things its mainly used for is switching out characters if your point character is low on health, trying to build more bar (with TAC down), or trying to starve your opponent of bar (with TAC left/right). It can be used to extend combos, but is usually only worth it for characters like magneto/doom that can do silly flight cancel loops to greatly extend their TAC combo.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
PW also uses it as an easy way to achieve Turnabout. Get his Evidence, switch to trial, tag him out, TAC back into him, land objection, good to go.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Sorry, I got to go PTZR. GGs, you're just too good. I just have to kill Frank early lol.
I tried putting a static IP on my 360 and put port forwarding and DMZ. Our connection kind of got better, but not much.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
That Phoenix Wright vs Hsien-Ko was LOL.
I knew I lost once you got Turnabout mode when it was 1v1. And man, my hitbox must suck. Hsien-Ko's jump H lost to Wright's air normals and that costed me the match. It didn't even trade. lol

Oh well, I'm glad we played. I'm learning these matchups slowly.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
PTZR's Frank was pretty potent when I played him.

We need to play again!

I just don't have a lot of time for games during the week with work these days.

I didn't play at all because I was partying all weekend :p

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Seems that a lot of us are on PSN right now. You guys want to get together for a lobby?

Phone Edit: Sorry about that, Grey. Looks like my internet connection cut out. Good games, though. Sorry about the lag spikes.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Seems that a lot of us are on PSN right now. You guys want to get together for a lobby?

Phone Edit: Sorry about that, Grey. Looks like my internet connection cut out. Good games, though. Sorry about the lag spikes.
I thought you were going to get a new ISP or is it that we're destined to have lagish matches no matter what? Good games Serris. I have to ask but why is Phoenix on point but she did sure rip Joe a new one.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
And Jago just exposed Mike Ross, five to zip.

Ololololololololololololol

Jago's trying to dip now. The crowd wants Combofiend to run it back, and Jago doesn't wanna play him. XD

Smooth Criminal

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
This is some funny stuff. I think Jago would do a lot better if he had a better attitude, tbh, but we'll see how this goes..

EDIT: Lol, Jago's dodging. How sad. Well Knives v Jago shouldn't be bad.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Putting knives in for another match kinda killed his magic for me. Shoulda just ended the night with bodying Noel.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I thought you were going to get a new ISP or is it that we're destined to have lagish matches no matter what? Good games Serris. I have to ask but why is Phoenix on point but she did sure rip Joe a new one.
Um... basically Serris uses Phoenix on point just because. There's like no other reason besides just wanting to.
And Jago just exposed Mike Ross, five to zip.

Ololololololololololololol

Jago's trying to dip now. The crowd wants Combofiend to run it back, and Jago doesn't wanna play him. XD

Smooth Criminal
I'm not too happy that Mike Ross lost. But I'm glad Combo didn't want to play Jago, that would've been dumb. Just because we lost against EC basically doesn't mean we should put in our best just for feeling salty.

Clockw0rk vs Fanatiq and Justin's Iron Fist were the highlights for me. I'm stealing some of that Strider and Iron Fist stuff in those matches.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
I agree, Combofiend would have been unnecessary. I'd have liked to have seen Jago v Justin, but that might've been a bit extreme as well.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I think I have a legit PW team on my hands. Somebody needs to play me later so I can test it out

:phone:
I'll throw you an invite when I see you on PSN.

Um... basically Serris uses Phoenix on point just because. There's like no other reason besides just wanting to.
I'm actually on a foolish quest to make people see that she's still a force to be reckoned with. And she's my favorite character, so up front she goes. Playing her like Wolverine is surprisingly viable if you know what you're doing.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Phoenix has already been proven to be a good character on point, though. Haven't you seen Deathwish? Come down to Cali and play at Alex's Arcade, the dude is great.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Phoenix has already been proven to be a good character on point, though. Haven't you seen Deathwish? Come down to Cali and play at Alex's Arcade, the dude is great.
I know about D3athWish. I've been running Phoenix up front since February. I'm just letting people know that nerfs aren't going to stop her from winning.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I've got food in the oven, so I'm going to have to spectate a few rounds. It'll be out in six minutes.

EDIT: And Savon... don't use Wright. Please.
ANOTHER EDIT: Zero did not need buffs.

Top Bottom