• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

mood4food77

Smash Hero
frank hits like a truck (seriously, he's a normal guy, why can he deal so much damage?)
his slide is really dumb
he can make any normal safe on block
he gets better the more he ****s **** up
his knee drop is a really good move except against SA guys
his assist is top tier
resets are awesome
and then he has that awesome roll that when paired up with the right assist, is a really dumb move

oh, and the fact he covered wars, y'know

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
So been using Viper/Frank/Akuma...lol...
Starting to think I should switch Akuma with Dante and make him second, but I can't stand Frank on anchor.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
So been using Viper/Frank/Akuma...lol...
Starting to think I should switch Akuma with Dante and make him second, but I can't stand Frank on anchor.
Dante is a great anchor people just haven't seen what he can do in level 3 yet beside's Yipes. Who mentioned he has the tools to get people in his Jam Session infinite, Or his Tempest infinite as well

ALSO

I change my mind wesker is broken

X factor level 3 Jaguar Kick infinite. :troll:

Also, Frank I honestly think if his level 1 didn't hinder him from doing pretty much anything and he started with his roll and Round House kicks. He'd def be one of the best.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Dante is a great anchor people just haven't seen what he can do in level 3 yet beside's Yipes. Who mentioned he has the tools to get people in his Jam Session infinite, Or his Tempest infinite as well
Oh my god I just did these with 10 seconds in training. What a great game. Anyway yeah, Dante for sure, then. Are you gonna be at the lobby tonight PTZR?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You know what, I'll join the XBL lobby that's going on tonight. I gotta run it back.
I hate my online Dante btw...

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
It's fun having a 60+ hit combo and ending it with st.S as Frank instead of doing Snapshot in Ranked, I wish Heros and Heralds came out already so I can play this game at home without raging.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs Minato. My Viper is so free to netplay. Anyone else wanna join?
GGs. I don't think I'll be able to get on again tonight so I'll play you, PTZR, and whoever else some other time.
Also, our connection was pretty decent since we're both in SoCal. My Zero was lacking online, but my Dante wasn't too bad for some odd reason.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
GGs. I don't think I'll be able to get on again tonight so I'll play you, PTZR, and whoever else some other time.
Also, our connection was pretty decent since we're both in SoCal. My Zero was lacking online, but my Dante wasn't too bad for some odd reason.
I can't land the Zero+Dante relauch combos online... And that's the only reason I use Dante, lol. Anyway, lobby's already closed, sorry PTZR. ):

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I personally don't have a problem with Frank.

Command grab him out of his slide, GG.

Vergil and Wesker though, those boys need nerfing.

-Googs

Smash Lord
I just started playing this casually with some buddies of mine in university. I'm checked out SRK but have no idea how to understand their crazy lingo I just had a few questions, consider me a giant noob.

1. Pretty much everybody I play with does the standard "light>medium>heavy>launch> Team air combo" I know that you can press Special and a direction to get out of it, but I never see any top players engaged in this team ariel combo nonsense, I'm guessing there is a way to stop the combo 100% instead of a game of rock paper scissors
2. My team is Verigl/Strider/Zero. What Assists do you guys reccomend?
3. Ghost-rider and Dormammu piss me the hell off. Ghost-rider just jumps and does is chain diagangley down (pretty much covers the whole screen) and I think its an over-head? Either way it completely shuts down all my approaches, even when I try to teleport with Vergil. How do I get passed this stupid zoning? I usually just block but then he gets to much meter from me blocking and that's really bad. For Dormammu he sets up the floor-fire infront of him and spams fireballs into hyper-combos, so I guess my question is when someone is doing these things to zone me out, how the hell do I approach? Like I said Vergils teleport doesn't seem to work, Striders teleport works sometimes but the timing is stupid hard against ghost rider cause the chain is bull***** ahah. Zero I can usually super jump into airdash into the teleport-dash thing behind him but i always take to much damage trying to do this -_-

I know these questions seem super noob and stuff but we really just play it for ****s and giggles to kill time, but these things are ruining it for me and I know there is some obvious way to get around it, I just wondered if you guys could help me out.

I'm learning to OTG, my bread and butter with Vergil (Probably my best char) is doing a ground combo into a launch, Sending them down then OTG into his Rising sun then try to cancel it into a dimensional slash, or sometimes I do his > V > medium into the special with the swirling blades and it bounces them up/combo's with them. If you have any suggestions or tips for a beginner i'm totally open to it. I don't actually own the game so "practice in training" is kind of invalid, but I can catch on to stuff pretty fast and teach myself in battle with my friends if I just know what i'm supposed to do.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Ok man I'll try and help you out a bit.

1. There is no way to 100% guarantee you will escape it, the directions most likely to be pressed are left/right or down though.Left/right take one bar of meter away from your opponent, hitting them down give you one.I generally just rotate the stick while mashing S and I escape most of the time.

2 .For strider's assist I would probably go with Vajra,it's fast and good for giving you a bit of time to get in there. Zero I'm not so sure, maybe some projectile so you can cross up with Vergil/Strider.

3. With Ghost Rider you just have to be uber patient, he is very annoying to deal with.I have an easier time because all my characters have good projectiles.Try super jumping over his chain or failing that, wait till he pulls out the chain, don't pushblock him, then wavedash underneath him when he tries to jump S again.For Dormammu you really have to watch for his teleports, try and punish them by predicting when he will do them.His aerials have good priority though so it's tough.

I don't play any of your characters so I can't really help you too much when it comes to better combos/strategies.

I'm sure one of the other guys will help you out though.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
2. My team is Verigl/Strider/Zero. What Assists do you guys reccomend?
First, put your order as Zero/Vergil/Strider. Zero is an amazing point character and putting him last is a waste. Vergil needs meter but builds it pretty well, so he's second. Plus he benefits from Strider Assist a little (Basically High Time while calling Strider Assist and teleport down and High Time again). Strider is last since XF level 3 and Ouroboros, and because he doesn't benefit a whole lot from the other assists that much in your team.

Zero is Ryuenjin, Vergil is Rapid Slash, Strider is Vajra are your assists. Those characters have really good combos but they actually take time to learn so I won't overload you with it.
And then you have Hsien-ko :urg:
Well... there's always plink dashing with her. That kinda helps. It's no WD though. lol
I think it can move faster than Wright WDing but I could be wrong.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Yo Phoenix Wright Wavedashing is so pointless till your in turnabout.

Or if you really want to rush in with him. Aslong as you have a good assist to back you up.

Speaking of Wright. If any of you all need some questions answered about him ask me. lol

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I like how there is situation where if you trade an objection with Wright or do an unblockable like wesker B and overhead objection he doesn't go into turnabout mode. I guess it's a glitch or something

Top Bottom