• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Savon

Smash Ace
Ugh finals stopping me from playing like I want to. Pulling an all nighter and hopefully I can start playing again. I have been online since my holiday ended

:phone:

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Ugh finals stopping me from playing like I want to. Pulling an all nighter and hopefully I can start playing again. I have been online since my holiday ended

Let me know when you're able to play. I am in desperate need of a sparring partner. They're catching onto my point Phoenix level 1 X-Factor mix-up shenanigans.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I just want him to get to lvl 3 so I can do the air grab, and by using nova overhead I force the jump to avoid unblockable so I can servbot peeps.
I have some sexy set up's for the air grab

Frank A, Dante A, Wesker B

Level 1 Frank

Cr. H, S, j.m, j.m, j.h, qcfh, Cr. H, S, J.m, j.m, j.h, qcfl, j.m, j.h, land, Dante assist, qcfs, Delay, qcfs, Dash in or stay in place, DPa2, Qcfh, Cr. H, S, j.m, j.m, j.h, s, qcfs, qcba2 Level 4 frank.

Next air reset combo

Level 3 Frank required.

M, Cr. M, Cr. H, S, j.m, j.m, j.h, s, qcfh, Cr. L, Dpa2, qcfh, cr.h, s, j.m, j.m, j.h, s, qcfs, qcba2

Basically if you have dante on your team you can end any combo with dante assist while pulling out the camera. it's pretty much a free air reset.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
If my theory is correct, Spidey can guarantee Frank's air throw super. With Frank at level 2-3, do a standard BnB. (One that will get him to lvl3 from lvl2) At your hard knockdown, call spidey web-ball assist and delay your camera OTG. Since spidey's web ball leaves the opponent unable to tech forward or backward AND it causes little to almost no hitstun, you get the Anti-air super for free since the combo ends there. Not sure if this works, though, because I don't know if that property is retained for Spidey's assist as opposed to being the point character.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
About to rank up by OCV'ing some guy with Nemesis, dog brushed off xbox and shuts it down.

FML, that's like 4-5 matches worth of exp lost.

Savon

Smash Ace
Sucks bro. I really want to try and get good with Dr. Strange but his moves are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO unsafe. It is not even funny. I mean really. You can run to the store and get groceries while Strange recovers from a move. You can sit and watch the entire Star Wars series while waiting for that **** to end. You can raise a small family waiting. I did a Strange standing S the other way and MVC4 is prob gonna be out by the time he puts his damn leg back down.

Pikaville

LOOOOOOOL Savon.

Do you have it on xbox or PS3?

I'm trying to force myself to end any blockstring with l.launcher slam or l.clothesline because I think they are fairly safe.

This is with Nemesis BTW just in case :p

Could anyone be a dear and link me to some frame data for him?

Pikaville

Just out of interests sake, do you not find the frame dropping on PS3 really annoying?

Whenever I play with my friend on PS3 I really notice it.

Also games need to start bringing in cross platform online play.

Shadowrun is the only game I can think of that has really done it.

Savon

Smash Ace
As long as companies want money that will never happen. Xbox and ps3 are the same damn thing but that does not matter since Sony and Microsoft want money.

Pikaville

But like, people will still pay for the games and xbox live etc.

Plus they will still buy the game for their preferred console.

So I really don't see why it doesn't happen.

Savon

Smash Ace
Because it would mean compromise.

Also, that was the worst all nighter ever. 2 5 hour engergys and a bunch of coffee layer. Got class in 2 hours and then I sleep the day away after. If I wake up at a reasonable time I will prob play some UMVC3

Turazrok

Smash Master
I have some sexy set up's for the air grab

Frank A, Dante A, Wesker B

Level 1 Frank

Cr. H, S, j.m, j.m, j.h, qcfh, Cr. H, S, J.m, j.m, j.h, qcfl, j.m, j.h, land, Dante assist, qcfs, Delay, qcfs, Dash in or stay in place, DPa2, Qcfh, Cr. H, S, j.m, j.m, j.h, s, qcfs, qcba2 Level 4 frank.

Next air reset combo

Level 3 Frank required.

M, Cr. M, Cr. H, S, j.m, j.m, j.h, s, qcfh, Cr. L, Dpa2, qcfh, cr.h, s, j.m, j.m, j.h, s, qcfs, qcba2

Basically if you have dante on your team you can end any combo with dante assist while pulling out the camera. it's pretty much a free air reset.
You mean jam session or the other two? And if so does the guns assist hit low?
I really like the unblockable setup but also what is DPa2 notation for lol. or qcba2 etc, never seen that before.

Pikaville

It's jam session, I've seen it with my own eyes.

Also, what's the deal with the tourney?

Nemesis hungers for combat.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I'm gonna start playing online again

Who's on PSN? Not right now, but in general, haha

Also, Serris, if you could change my ID in the OP to DeathApp, it'd be much appreciated. :p

Savon

Smash Ace
I am trying to learn nemesises relaunch combo but it always messes up. And I suck at half circle motions so I suck at his resets. He reminds me so much of my precious she-hulk.

WHYYYYYY

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Just out of interests sake, do you not find the frame dropping on PS3 really annoying?

Whenever I play with my friend on PS3 I really notice it.

Also games need to start bringing in cross platform online play.

Shadowrun is the only game I can think of that has really done it.
I've only seen frame drops in places the 360 has them as well. Dark Phoenix with Healing Field and X-Factor active on Asgard is going to slow the game down, regardless of platform. They're only more noticeable on the PS3 version because it has triple-buffered v-sync enabled. The 360 version has 15% more screen tearing for every 60 frames.

Besides, I think we can collectively overlook them since we're not shelling out $60 just to play the game online.

As for cross-platform play, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger allows PC and 360 players to play together, and Portal 2 lets PC and PS3 players play together. Networking consoles and PCs doesn't seem to be the problem. It's convincing the giants to play nice with one another.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
You mean jam session or the other two? And if so does the guns assist hit low?
I really like the unblockable setup but also what is DPa2 notation for lol. or qcba2 etc, never seen that before.
It's Jam Session. DPA2 means Dragon Punch Any 2, I note all supers, as A2 meaning again Any 2 buttons

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
I am trying to learn nemesises relaunch combo but it always messes up. And I suck at half circle motions so I suck at his resets. He reminds me so much of my precious she-hulk.

WHYYYYYY

Are you talking about the S, j.M, j.M, j.H, j.d+H, S, j.M, j.M, j.H, j.S combo? If so, it's really delayed, except for j.H to j.d+H.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
OMG first match was Frank West ownage! I knew you were gonna press a button so I just supered and got a happy birthday. Your strategy is very risky. I lost too many killing opportunies thinking the camera would kill the tiny bit of health you'd have left...

So my old Spiderman / Ammy / Wesker team carries over REALLY well, but I really want to get good with Rocket Raccoon. I can't figure out how he handles pressure other than the dig move.

By the way, I love it when teabaggers think their SO good when I'm sandbagging with Hulk. :)

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
OMG first match was Frank West ownage! I knew you were gonna press a button so I just supered and got a happy birthday. Your strategy is very risky. I lost too many killing opportunies thinking the camera would kill the tiny bit of health you'd have left...
Risky, flashy, and very effective when it pays off. Even with the nerfs, Phoenix is no slouch.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Seems like I can't quit Dante. Especially now that I know how his UMvC3 combos work. Stupid wild stomp to stinger to teleport is so iffy now. I also miss my acid rain loop. Now I can't build 3 meters per combo with him.

Guess I'm going with Zero/Doom/Dante now. 1 mil with 2 meters and great mixups is too good to pass on. My character identity crisis is almost over since I'm still iffy. Plus my Vergil's pretty awesome now so I'm just learning random Isedelica combos with his Summoned Swords and I kinda want to make a side team with him.

Oh, and Raikousens with buster cancels in Sougenmu with an assist like Strange or something is just so silly with Zero.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
EYE OF AVACADOOOO

/Strange

Actually, I might go for Strider for his EXTRA FRAUDULENT assist. Might as well add more to the torment since I already have shopping cart. Also, DHCing out of Nova's Nova Force hyper has the best audio to go by. I just stop when he finishes saying Power.

POWER OF FRANK

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
So i was able to get a few matches on stream today with my new team [Zero, Hsein-Ko, Nova] I generally don't play online for obvious reason but i really wanted to test them out. So please tell me what you guys think (i was playing somewhat BARBARIC due to my fatigue but i think you guy will get the gist of what these 3 are capable of. more so Hsein-ko & nova You can have any character on point as long as nova gets in safe & Hsien-ko remains unharmed)

http://www.twitch.tv/zerp491/b/302116040

1st match starts @ 0:03:40 (Idk why i wasn't blocking after i got up)

2nd match starts @ 0:42: 45 this round i didn't use Zero Hsien-Ko Nova but i used them the next round, the round when i was using zero doom deadpool i did a team hyper combo that cost me the match I DON"T EVEN USE THOSE :urg:

3rd match starts @ 1:03:45

4th match starts @ the beginning of this video http://www.twitch.tv/zerp491/b/302118955

Top Bottom