• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
nova + iron fist is exactly how i would picture captain falcon in marvel.

Iron fist's level 3 is falcon punch while Nova is as mobile as falcon and has falcon kick.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
the game can barely handle the sheer aura of nova and now you want a character that is him and iron fist combined?

the game might spontaneously combust the instant the case is opened

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
geez...i'm completely and totally kidding

the only reason i say it feels like smash is because of how stupid the game is

smash, with items on and other stuff, has absurd visuals everywhere, it just looks over the top, same about MvC3

and that's where it stops
I said this at a smash tournament the other week while people were playing UMvC3, about vanilla.

"Capcom just wanted people to players to remember it's just a game, it's fun, it's wacky, everyone's having a good time. That's why they added random trippin-I mean X-Factor"

Basically Vanilla is brawl.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
So been playing this game since release date. Right now my main team is looking to be Magneto/Vergil/Nova. I wasn't looking to get rid of Zero, but I really like Magneto in this game, actually. My Vergil may be replaced because my execution with him, for whatever reason, isn't great. But that can probably be fixed with a few minutes in training. And Nova? He's a grown-***-man.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
put nova in front

trust me, he's 493u24u32i4o32u43i2o times better with assists and mags is a better anchor than nova is

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, I kinda like Nova on anchor. Huge damage/speed boost in level 3 x-factor. It makes his airdashes much more useful and the downward airdash simply amazing. Plus his damage can benefit from meter.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
I risk less drops this way, I guess. And that's still a viable combo if someone successfully runs out my x-factor. Plus I like Nova assist for unblockables.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
true

i just feel he's like viper, while he's a pretty good anchor, he's so much deadlier on point with two assists, x-factor or not

he's got crazy *** resets, awesomeness out the wazoo, etc

magneto is an old man
nova is a grown *** man

when magneto hits you, you go sip your cup of tea and patiently wait for him to finish
when nova hits you, he cringe from the shockwave of impact his moves give off as he pulverizes your character into the ground

magneto has swag
nova has swag^3

case in point, use nova first, his presence makes babies all around the world cry

:)

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, he's just an all-around great character. He'll be effective in any slot on a team. Good assists, good ways to use meter, GREAT damage output, range on normals is quite nice (that cr.M), etc, etc.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
honestly, just scrap your team and use nova/chris/spencer

so much better than that crap of a team you run

:)

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Everybody in ranked seems to play some variation of Vergil/Wesker/Hawkeye

That team is so cheap.

Anyways, to reiterate what people were saying a while ago, Nemesis with Doom's missile assist is silly.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Everybody in ranked seems to play some variation of Vergil/Wesker/Hawkeye

That team is so cheap.

Anyways, to reiterate what people were saying a while ago, Nemesis with Doom's missile assist is silly.
Any team with any of those characters is gonna be stupid, imo. Hawkeye anchor is so fast and he still retains everything that was good about him pre-x-factor. Vergil with Hawkeye assist has deadly mixup, and Wesker is...Wesker.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
DARK WESKER RISES!

Speaking of which, I hate it when people berate me for using Phoenix when they have Wesker on their team.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of which, I hate it when people berate me for using Phoenix when they have Wesker on their team.
THIS. I like Phoenix in Ultimate. She actually takes some level of skill to be able to get those 5 meters now, due to meter gain reduction. She also has to be much more cautious because of her reduced health and Side TAC. It also seems like some characters have more of a chance against her now because of her x-factor speed reduction. Skrull (Although I'm sure he always did well against her) is even considered a counter-pick now.

Also, Serris, can you edit OP and add my XBL gamertag? Same as my SWF name.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
hawkeye isn't a good anchor

his moves are still punishable in x-factor lvl 3 and he's really good at stopping other lead guys (like magneto, firebrand, etc)

i will say though, his slide is ****ing stupid

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
ALL zoners are unsafe on block. Hawkeye is pretty much a pure zoning character. Plus in XFlvl3 Gimlet alone does like 1/4th health on most of the cast. The speed increase benefits his zoning heavily, because he can keep firin' dem arrows and his st.H charges waaaaay faster. But eh, Hawkeye's another character that I think can do well in any slot.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
he can, but he's better in the middle to stop a lot stupid shenanigans that would cause your team troubles

okay, he's not a bad anchor, but most of the time when building a team with him, you will probably have a character who is a better anchor (wesker, dormammu, etc)

but yea, gimlet is the gayest hyper in the game

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I definitely agree with that. Hawkeye is a great User/Second. Great assist, benefits from your battery's meter, and he'll have an assist backing him up this way.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
i get on the UYG stream
see a person playing phoenix on point
think "man seris would love this"
come here, find out its seris
*facepalm*
Top tier all day erry day

EDIT: I should not have used TK Overdrive H.
ANOTHER EDIT: As of 8:20 PM EST, I am no longer on the stream.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I played some marvel myself today.. I played against 2 button mashers which made me laugh.. I was loling along as I was super armoring everything with Hulk ahaha.. my god i even super armor'd Zero's level 3 hyper for a KO, it was epic despite the dominance.

So I've started to like using Hulk.. I think I need an OTG assist now for him though.. what are some god OTG assists? And don't say Wesker ._.; I already use Vergil, so that's enough top tier for me.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
DARK WESKER RISES!

It sort of feels like Phoenix is much more of a liability on a team now rather than a balanced character. Like, Dark Phoenix is still hella stupid, but Jean Grey is like, so awful now and so hard to protect with that ultra low health. I still wish they would have just got rid of Dark Phoenix and made Jean a normal character. 800-900k health, maybe drop air fireballs to like only two per jump, only one type of fireball per jump, and bam, you got a pretty legit good character.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
It sort of feels like Phoenix is much more of a liability on a team now rather than a balanced character. Like, Dark Phoenix is still hella stupid, but Jean Grey is like, so awful now and so hard to protect with that ultra low health. I still wish they would have just got rid of Dark Phoenix and made Jean a normal character. 800-900k health, maybe drop air fireballs to like only two per jump, only one type of fireball per jump, and bam, you got a pretty legit good character.
Thing is, if they did that, she'd still be S-tier. You can't win when it comes to balancing her. She has tools for literally every situation, a self-heal, and the best defensive hyper combo in the game, bar none. She's inherently a difficult character to balance because she revolves around being a constant high-risk, high-reward situation. If the reward isn't high enough, the risk isn't worth it. Dark Phoenix needs to be the game-breaking force she is to justify the risk, especially in the state Phoenix is currently in. Overall, she's still viable now, but with all of the direct and indirect changes to her, she requires a much higher level of finesse than she did previously. You need to know the character inside and out to use her effectively, which is closer to Capcom's original concept for her. This is about as close to balanced as she's ever going to get, short of completely ruining her.

I played some marvel myself today.. I played against 2 button mashers which made me laugh.. I was loling along as I was super armoring everything with Hulk ahaha.. my god i even super armor'd Zero's level 3 hyper for a KO, it was epic despite the dominance.

So I've started to like using Hulk.. I think I need an OTG assist now for him though.. what are some god OTG assists? And don't say Wesker ._.; I already use Vergil, so that's enough top tier for me.
Deadpool's Katana-Rama and X-23's Ankle Slice fit the bill quite nicely.

On an entirely unrelated note, could anyone who isn't currently on the list of gamertags and PlayStation Network IDs in the original post please post or PM me their information so I can add them to it?

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
I just started playing UMvC3 on the Xbox after having picked up the game and a controller for it. I don't own the console though, so there's a derp moment there.

Gonna try to play a legitimate Phoenix since she seems like the kind of troll character I so covet in fighters.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
phoenix is a troll character

you stick her as an anchor, the opponent gets ever so close to victory, and then phoenix goes nuts, turning into dark phoenix, only to swipe away the victory from the opponent

yea, she's a troll character

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Phoenix Wright is Legit. He's not a troll the amount of work you have to do to get him into turnabout is ridiculous, it's not like getting beat up for like 14 minutes in a match or comboing to build meter while always pushing Side S while getting launched. If you have high health characters or wesker. You'll get 5 meters in no time, The problem with Wright is Maya shield is amazing but.. once they have characters that either teleport or super skrull who can just Command Grab you half screen away it gets annoying. So now you have to take into consideration that YOU NEED an amazing assist. Like for example I use Iron Fist Y assist to get people out of my ***. So, the problem with Phoenix Wright is, he needs time to set up and become a threat, while JEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN only needs for her team to get like 3 4 combo's or get hit a lot of times to build that meter. Yes, Im aware of snapback possibilities. Phoenix Wright may have been deemed a troll character when he was announced but it takes so much time for him to become a threat.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
On Xbox Live some Pheonix was able to go Dark against my team and spamming cr. l and **** like that, but then level 4 frank came out and used his Tools of Survival Special and got her. Then as it killed her the player rage quit.

Top Bottom