• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Smooth, get on PSN, man. The stream lobby's almost empty.

EDIT: Now featuring Smooth Criminal. Whee~
ANOTHER EDIT: This Super-Skrull player is blowing everyone up. Jesus Christ.
YET ANOTHER EDIT: PHOENIX/CHUN-LI/X-23 IS LEGIT
DEAR GOD WHEN WILL IT STOP: Sentinel is officially the best character ever.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Everyone in the lobby was getting stomped by a pure offense Super-Skrull player. After several defeats, I was able to beat him with my Phoenix/Chun-Li/X-23 team. Chunners is a beast. I lost again after a four-game win streak, only for the same Skrull player to get top spot for another ten games. Sentinel crushed him. It was amazing.

Oh, and Savon just pulled a happy birthday on Akuma and Strider. YES.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Oh, yeah, we all piled out of the lobby about 20 or so minutes ago, so we're not on the stream anymore. If the lobby's still up tomorrow, I'll be on there again. From what I understand, a couple of guys talking about Street Fighter came on and sort of aggravated the audience. I think everyone just muted it.

EDIT: Wolverine has a swiss cheese infinite.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Oh, yeah, we all piled out of the lobby about 20 or so minutes ago, so we're not on the stream anymore. If the lobby's still up tomorrow, I'll be on there again. From what I understand, a couple of guys talking about Street Fighter came on and sort of aggravated the audience. I think everyone just muted it.

EDIT: Wolverine has a swiss cheese infinite.
i don't think it's so much swiss cheese anymore so much as it is finely ground parm by this point. LOL

Savon

Smash Ace
Nemesis and hawkeye make a pretty nice duo. Both DHC well into each other and hawkeyes poison arrow makes nemesises combos even more devastating. Nemesis with clothesline rocket helps with hawkeyes already formidable keepaway. Throw on Dorm as an achor with purification assist and you have a nasty keepaway team

:phone:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Nemesis and hawkeye make a pretty nice duo. Both DHC well into each other and hawkeyes poison arrow makes nemesises combos even more devastating. Nemesis with clothesline rocket helps with hawkeyes already formidable keepaway. Throw on Dorm as an achor with purification assist and you have a nasty keepaway team

I may borrow that idea of Hawkeye and Nemesis pretty soon once I get my hands on a job a system and the game:(

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Smooth, get on PSN, man. The stream lobby's almost empty.

EDIT: Now featuring Smooth Criminal. Whee~
ANOTHER EDIT: This Super-Skrull player is blowing everyone up. Jesus Christ.
YET ANOTHER EDIT: PHOENIX/CHUN-LI/X-23 IS LEGIT
DEAR GOD WHEN WILL IT STOP: Sentinel is officially the best character ever.
lolol
phoenix chun x-23 is my phoenix team in vanilla

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
UYG's doing Arcade Edition streams all day today. They'll probably be back on Ultimate tomorrow. You should join in the shenanigans.

EDIT: As of 6:33 AM, I am now on the Up Your Game live stream.
ANOTHER EDIT: And as of 10:43 AM, I am now off the live stream.

Savon

Smash Ace
Hawkeyes poison arrow assist helps nemesis a LOT when it comes to his already damaging combos, but what assists should I use with Nemesis to best complement Hawkeye? Also, who is a good 3rd/anchor for a team like this?

Also, I love how the training mode in ultimate actually tells you how much chip damage a move does on block. A very helpful bit of info

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Anyone up for a few rounds? I need to practice Chunners.

EDIT: Savon, it says I got your message at 8:47 PM. It's only 7:52. Stop time traveling.

Savon

Smash Ace
Maybe you should get on my level foo. Also I have decided that Dr. Strange is just WAYYY to technical and unsafe for my tastes. Iron Fist is fun, but has WAYYY too much trouble getting it, and ultimates stupid buffering system messes up my combos way too much. To beat iron fist you just have to jump and he practically becomes worthless. I might still give hawkeye a chance if i can get his corner combos down.

The new team I am messing around with now is Captain America/Nemesis/Chris. All of them make mediocre anchors, but the goal of the team is to rip you apart early by crossing you up with captain americas buffed cartwheel and do 700k damage combos extended by Nemesis

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
The new team I am messing around with now is Captain America/Nemesis/Chris. All of them make mediocre anchors, but the goal of the team is to rip you apart early by crossing you up with captain americas buffed cartwheel and do 700k damage combos extended by Nemesis
As long as you keep that team order, I can work around that. Phoenix on point against Nemesis is borderline suicidal.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I'd stick with my Phoenix/X-23/Sentinel team more if I actually knew what I was doing with Sentinel. The drone assist is absolutely fantastic for lockdown. I was playing a Firebrand player at around 6 this morning. He couldn't even move between the drones and TK Overdrive M. I also really want to learn Nova. His Centurion Rush assist is great for mix-ups.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Well, I obviously have his braindead bread-and-butter combo down. I just don't know any of the fancier stuff, and I'm totally at a loss when it comes to dealing with ranged targets.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I'll be on the stream shortly. It's a first to five. I'm playing the set after this one coming up.

EDIT: Serris goes 5-0~

Savon

Smash Ace
I had fun playing that guy in that set, but he was legit better than me so I am not upset. I still need to see about my team. I REALLY want to use the new characters in this game, but it will take forever to get them to the level of my she-hulk and dormmammu.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man.

i'm holding dat salt from last night. i faced wesker + beam for the first time ever, in last night's case doom.

wesker/dorm/doom bodied me hard last night, and i think i need to do some soul searching for a better team, or at least figure out how to block/stay away from wesker better.

Thino

Smash Master
wesker/dorm/doom bodied me hard last night, and i think i need to do some soul searching for a better team, or at least figure out how to block/stay away from wesker better.
Man I got exactly the same problem against that team, especially the Wesker/Doom beam assist, jaguar, teleports, doesnt help that I two people with no airdash on my team, meaning SJ'ing = landing into a HSjMMksalflsbdsvyou mean nothing to me

Im on PS3

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah wesker and doom beam is freakin ridiculous

now i know why viscant did so well with his wesker iron man

and wesker got stronger in this game wtffff

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I'm honestly surprised Viscant is sticking with Phoenix. Granted, you can still make her work if you're determined enough, but now that she has to contend with Strange, Hawkeye, Nemesis, and Ghost Rider to an extent, she has some awful match-ups now. She isn't the unstoppable wall of feathers she used to be.

EDIT: Holy crap. Dat Chun.
ANOTHER EDIT: Thanks to that video, I am now able to do air throw into OTG into Hakuretsu Kyaku into EX Spinning Bird into launch. My Chun is now going to be a meter-building monster.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
now that i look at it, isn't iron fist pretty much a grounded chun li?

but still, chun li is definitely better this time around, but she's going to have a pain in the *** time approaching, like iron fist, and neither character is great at protecting the assists (iron fist is better because his chi stance change actually has hyper armor)

also, chun still doesn't deal that much damage for the amount of tech skill she requires (isn't it only like 650k for her BnBs), but i will say, her having an OTG greatly helps her case for not being bottom tier, she now is only married to a beam assist

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
She wouldn't need a beam assist if Kikoken moved faster and didn't have a half-circle input for no good reason. If she had Hazanshu, she'd be perfect.

EDIT: Serris is on Up Your Game. Name in the chat is President_magikarp. Come watch!
ANOTHER EDIT: As of 9:11 PM, Serris is no longer on the stream.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
My god, my vanilla team got buffed out the ***. I'm still playing Chris, Doom, Arthur. ****, but Doom is ********.

Top Bottom