• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
IM? Idk about that dude. He is so *** in this game. And he's ****ing hard as **** to play. Like, you actually have to put TIME into his execusion!!!11! You know that's not seen a lot in this game.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
anything is possible

LLND sees mild success every week and he uses hsien ko

iron man is definitely LOADS better than hsien ko

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
can someone critique my play? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf5Vdtv1UWY
Im the Zero dr.Doom Deadpool
You had a couple of flashy things with this team and good hit confirm combo execution. Though admittedly, I think your Zero is your weakest link right now.

I noticed a pattern with how you'd always just super jump up with Zero waiting to come down and just attack with an assist. I gotta play this game more to get decent at it again, but my advice is to mix-up Zero's approach a little bit more and don't be afraid to rush down from the ground a little more with assists backing you up with said Zero.

Your Deadpool and Doom? Pretty awesome imo.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
You had a couple of flashy things with this team and good hit confirm combo execution. Though admittedly, I think your Zero is your weakest link right now.

I noticed a pattern with how you'd always just super jump up with Zero waiting to come down and just attack with an assist. I gotta play this game more to get decent at it again, but my advice is to mix-up Zero's approach a little bit more and don't be afraid to rush down from the ground a little more with assists backing you up with said Zero.

Your Deadpool and Doom? Pretty awesome imo.
thanks. my zero did get hit with a couple things i usually wouldn't get hit by. i had more set-ups but i dropped them.
me super jumpin so much is one of my ways of getting in. seeing as how air dash isn't safe anymore. my zero in its purest form is keep away. thanks 2 wesker haggar phoenix.
as 4 weakest link on my team its doom. i was relying to much on the hard knock down on dooms S

Minato

穏やかじゃない
My internet connection is what gets me randomed out on ranked. I haven't been doing so well online, but I am still trying to adjust to my team. Plus I can't abuse all my tactics like I did back in Vanilla.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I lost my 37th win streak because of this random I believe I was ticking off because he couldn't beat my team at all. Out of pity I picked 3 characters I completely cannot use just to make it fair and he barely beats me. The funny is I got my first lost finally from this guy and he spammed the taunts when he KOed my last guy. Leaves afterwards. Didn't bother me since I won 8 of the 9 matches we had. Sucky thing is I'm using my buddies PSN and PS3. Rather had had the record on my OWN PS3/PSN. -___-

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
After playing offline for so long I just can't play online anymore. If I run into one more wesker who just does unsafe teleports + assists ill throw my controller out the window.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i'm semi-satisfied with my 23-10

i ran, for the most part, wesker (beta)/doom (alpha)/dorm (alpha), but tried out a few other teams, but this one is definitely my most complete...especially for online play (viper and thor are practically unusable if there isn't the best connection)

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
197-86 Seems alright to me.

Been running

Frank A, Dante A, Task A
Ghost A, Vergil Y, Sent A
Phoenix Wright B, Iron Fist Y, Wesker B
and

Wesker B, Doom B, Vergil A

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Got my teams.

Frank (Shopping Cart)
Dorm (Dark Hole)
Strider (Vajra)

This team is still a work in progress till I consistently get lvl 4/5.

Viper (TK)
Mags (DISRUPTAH)
GhostRider (Flame pillar thingy)

It's just my Vanilla team with Ghost instead of Mike.

Nem (Launcher Slam)
Doom (Hidden Missiles)
Spencer (Slant shot)

I wanna play Nem and Spencer. I switch the order around a lot. Nem can't be anchored though. That's the only switch I don't do.

My last teams for fun.

Vergil (dunno yet)
Firebrand (otg fireball)
Skrull (Orbital Grudge)

Weird team YEAH.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i don't see how viper and ghost rider would do well together, and honestly, disruptah got nerfed pretty hard, it's better to use either plasma beam, unibeam, or task's arrows as they scale just the same as disrupter does but allow more time to combo off of it

and not having a lockdown assist with viper is just a sin! with ammy or dante, you get the best mix-up opportunity in the game on an incoming character, abuse the living hell out of it

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I knew all of that. I quit the team in ultimate. I just play it for fun. I'm plannin on makin a new Viper team. Don't worry. haha *cough* It'll be Viper/Dante/Doom *cough*

mood4food77

Smash Hero
frank works pretty well with viper, he works pretty much like a beam assist except that he can be more easily punished (since he travels forward instead of staying in place)

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Got my teams.

Frank (Shopping Cart)
Dorm (Dark Hole)
Strider (Vajra)

This team is still a work in progress till I consistently get lvl 4/5.

Viper (TK)
Mags (DISRUPTAH)
GhostRider (Flame pillar thingy)

It's just my Vanilla team with Ghost instead of Mike.

Nem (Launcher Slam)
Doom (Hidden Missiles)
Spencer (Slant shot)

I wanna play Nem and Spencer. I switch the order around a lot. Nem can't be anchored though. That's the only switch I don't do.

My last teams for fun.

Vergil (dunno yet)
Firebrand (otg fireball)
Skrull (Orbital Grudge)

Weird team YEAH.
May I ask why Nemesis can't be anchored?

I'm interested because I am planning on having him as mine :p

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351

He's too big, he's too slow, and he doesn't have a good mix-up game. Nemesis is totally outclassed by Sentinel when it comes to anchoring a team.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
apparently her and frank are best friends

she hits the opponent a lot during her combos and frank gives felicia a great assist for her to approach, put in some lockdown assist and you got yourself a pretty solid team

something like: felicia (alpha)/frank (alpha)/doom (beta), it could work great, especially when felicia is being considered top tier by a bunch of pros

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
My vanilla team seems to be working well in Ultimate.

Crimson Viper (γ - Burning Kick)
Wesker (α - Ghost Butterfly)
Dormammu (α - Dark Hole)

I've pretty much adapted to Wesker's changes and Dormammu got buffed incredibly.

I'm working on a team with Nova now, but I have a habit of going for the same combo (www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0suWnxxkhk&fmt=18) Which I can easily do offline in either practice mode or arcade, but doing it online with even the slightest delay throws me off. I've pulled it off online maybe four or five times, but all the others have been doing just one rep -> normal launch > air string > flight > air string > Gravimetric Pulse L > Super. Bah.

Nova with that Captain Falcon hand twitch all day.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
so wanna rate my teams?

here are my three teams:

wesker (beta)/doom (alpha)/dormammu (alpha)

my main team, this is also the team i ran a lot in vanilla, i'll probably replace doom with thor sooner or later when i get more used to thor

viper (gamma)/taskmaster (alpha)/amaterasu (beta)

i usually run doom here but i hate having 1 guy on 2 different teams, so using taskmaster here was simple, i ran this team a lot in vanilla and actually went into training mode just so i could learn viper, i'd use it more online if viper wasn't such a pain in the *** to use online, this team is basically blow people up with viper, if she goes down...well, i'll just spray and pray (i really need to work on my ammy)

and my third team is:

frank (alpha)/captain america (alpha)/sentinel (alpha)
i just threw this team together, i used cap and sentinel a lot in vanilla and i really want to use frank, but this team's synergy is actually quite good, i may switch cap and frank's positions for better synergy but this team works pretty well

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
so wanna rate my teams?

here are my three teams:

wesker (beta)/doom (alpha)/dormammu (alpha)

my main team, this is also the team i ran a lot in vanilla, i'll probably replace doom with thor sooner or later when i get more used to thor

viper (gamma)/taskmaster (alpha)/amaterasu (beta)

i usually run doom here but i hate having 1 guy on 2 different teams, so using taskmaster here was simple, i ran this team a lot in vanilla and actually went into training mode just so i could learn viper, i'd use it more online if viper wasn't such a pain in the *** to use online, this team is basically blow people up with viper, if she goes down...well, i'll just spray and pray (i really need to work on my ammy)

and my third team is:

frank (alpha)/captain america (alpha)/sentinel (alpha)
i just threw this team together, i used cap and sentinel a lot in vanilla and i really want to use frank, but this team's synergy is actually quite good, i may switch cap and frank's positions for better synergy but this team works pretty well
Well I would Like Frank to have a good Dp assist to get people off of him. That's just me. Frank and Cap work really well together since HCS causes a hard knock down you can dhc to frank whiff a survival technique and take a picture to level up. Sent drones become dangerous once Frank has his roll. lol.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Did the online tourney already happen?

If not I'd like to join. ;D
Nope, it hasn't started yet. There's no set date right now since we're waiting for more people to enter.
Here's the link to the thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313571

Info is on the first post while announcements are on the second. Just register in the format given and check back for updates.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
frank works pretty well with viper, he works pretty much like a beam assist except that he can be more easily punished (since he travels forward instead of staying in place)
I don't think so..

Mainly because if the fact that Frank scales the **** outta combos.

I can see it working to some extent though.

Nemmy really needs assists. Like, he REALLY needs assist. I think he's a good character with them. He's just zoned out too easily without assists.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
so would it be better if i went:

cap (beta)/frank (alpha)/sentinel (alpha)
Yeah sounds about right also, since you have cap as beta if you by chance have a meter and Frank on point and you think someone is gonna do a move that might chip you out. Do the cross over counter assist. Cap is completely invul during it while he does Stars and Stripes. People need to actually use that thing more. I've begin to use it while Phoenix Wright is in Turnabout, free wall bounce essentially.

Top Bottom