• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I wish Ms. Marvel was a playable character. She has a lot of potential for a great move set between her normal powers and her Binary form.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I wish Ms. Marvel was a playable character. She has a lot of potential for a great move set between her normal powers and her Binary form.
We can only hope that the HAH cards don't cancel out DLC characters. I'll gladly trade in Shulk for Ms. Marvel/Squirrel Girl.

I think I'd see her as a mix of Doom and Nova.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
People only want Ms. Marvel because she's a "Ms." and has Marvel in her name. She's one of the worst characters in Marvel right now.

Besides she'd just be Rogue with lasers and a psuedo-Dark Phoenix power up mode. You know I'm right.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Tony Stark is the worst character in Marvel since Civil War. Carol Danvers is nowhere near that bad. For years, I feel she was one of the best-written Avengers, and I think this game could do her justice.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Stark, Osborn, and Cage are all about the most terrible now, I agree, and although neither character was necessarily bad, the whole Storm and Black Panther marriage thing was beyond idiotic.. But they were at least good once. We're all forgetting Sentry who had promise in the beginning as a deconstruction of the Silver Age hero but then became Osborn's lap dog with no dignity and last any semblance of effort in the work at all.

If you want a surprisingly decent female figure from Bendis's influence, I honestly think Spider-Woman takes the cake, and even then the whole Wolverine whoring in there was pretty bad.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Stark, Osborn, and Cage are all about the most terrible now, I agree, and although neither character was necessarily bad, the whole Storm and Black Panther marriage thing was beyond idiotic.. But they were at least good once. We're all forgetting Sentry who had promise in the beginning as a deconstruction of the Silver Age hero but then became Osborn's lap dog with no dignity and last any semblance of effort in the work at all.

If you want a surprisingly decent female figure from Bendis's influence, I honestly think Spider-Woman takes the cake, and even then the whole Wolverine whoring in there was pretty bad.
Sentry aka, the one who came down to Earth with the Zombie plague lol. Shoutout's to Marvel Zombies reference's in umvc3

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
This.

Jesus Christ, this. Truer words could not have been spoken.

Smooth Criminal

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
My connection is totally worthy of a five bar rating. <__<

My apologies, Savon. If it's any consolation, I should be over on Verizon in a few weeks.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
So I thought they nerfed Dante, but watching Yipes is really making me think otherwise. Holy **** that was solid.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Some of the nerfed characters actually feel better now. It's funny, I didn't think I'd ever see myself write that.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Seems like I'm sticking with Zero (Hadangeki)/Dr. Strange (Bolts of Balthakk)/Dr. Doom (Hidden Missiles) as my main competitive team.

Only big issues here is Strange's assist can be crouched under and that his health is rather low. Other than that, I'm liking this team a lot. It controls space really well (especially using Strange's assist, Raikousen, Charged Shot, to Raikousen) and the damage and meter gain is great.

I'm definitely using Zero and Doom. I think Strange works really well and I probably won't switch him out unless there's someone out there I'm overlooking. Only other characters I'm considering so far are Ammy and Vergil. Vergil could work but my execution is lacking at the moment.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I think Vergil works but did you ever think about the Disks (or Daggers whatever) for Strange?
Not too much yet since I didn't have time, but I'm definitely going to try and experiment with his other assists. BoB is nice since it can help Zero bring an enemy from one corner to the other in a BnB to set up Doom missiles for over an 800k or so BnB.

The damage is nice on Doom missiles for Zero's BnB, which makes me put that over Plasma Beam. I'll have to rely on Strange's assist to get in then. Now that I think about it, BoB isn't such a bad assist even if it can be ducked under, considering the opponent doesn't have that many options crouching.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I ended up getting the game anyways. Derp.

also...
LET IT BE KNOWN THAT I WAS THE FIRST TO START DOING THE MOST BROKEN FIREBRAND SET UPS KNOWN TO MAN!

Because I know everyone's gonna start doing stuff like this a week later... ._.

So anywho, end any combo with firebrands fire slider thing into a wall. Summon ammys cold star, or sents drones and start charging Firebrands swoop the very second you can. This will hold em in place long enough to get the unblockable swoop off on them AND get a free combo ending with the same exact set up!

Its probably escapable but i've been abusing the hell outta it every match I get. Its one of firebrands many dirty set ups. I love playing as the dude, but hes so squishy....and his damage output is preeetty piddly. I either body entire teams as him, or lose him at the starts. Btw I play him on point. =w=

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Strange + Doom rocks leads to a rather hilarious number of projectiles on screen at once. Call Doom, Mystic sword M to cover him, Eye of Agamotto while rocks hit, Daggers of Dinoc l/m, palm Eye towards them, cancel palm to Daggers/Mystic sword, repeat. If they ever blow meter to shoot through it all, cancel to Seven Rings to counter.

One ragequit so far, lol.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Ok so I have the game but I haven't had a chance to play it yet.

I'm definitely going to be running this team though, or at least trying to.

Doom (Plasma Beam)
Sentinel (Air raid)
Nemesis (Don't know yet, haven't experimented)

I'm not sure yet but I think I can DHC to either of Nemesis' hypers from plasma storm.

Doom is pretty much fine on his own, he can hassle most of the cast easily and he has even better offense and defensive capabilities than before.

He can build crap loads of meter and does quite a lot of damage even without hypers.

Sentinel is there because.

Nemesis is anchor because when it comes to one on 1 fights, there are few popular anchor characters I imagine that can handle his "I don't even care" hyper.

Am I correct in saying that only grab hypers and level 3's can knock him out of it?
Switch Doom over to Hidden Missiles, use the Drone Charge assist on Sentinel, and use Launcher Slam on Nemesis. Then, you'll have a completely solid team. Seriously, that Nemesis assist is insane.

Overall: 9/10 - Excellent. Aside from one or two minor setbacks, this is a well put-together team, and I don't see it preventing them from being effective.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Nova's actually a really good point character, and I think overall he doesn't really NEED a specific type of assist. Mostly just a combo extender, but even then, he does like 700k off of one combo.

Though an assist that helps him get in is nice.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Nova's actually a really good point character, and I think overall he doesn't really NEED a specific type of assist. Mostly just a combo extender, but even then, he does like 700k off of one combo.

Though an assist that helps him get in is nice.
he's strong but he's not hitting some characters IMO
Nova ironman (still looking for a 3rd character)

can someone critique my play.

Top Bottom