• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
which if you do qcf.M+H it registers it as a teleport not needing to do the teleport input
It would be easier to input Down Forward H, Qcf LMH, so that H teleport regs while LM cancel it

Vergil so broken.
Also, I got the lamest team as a secondary. It's so lame. xD

L__

Smash Master
you don't need to input light

High time -> qcf.M+H

I've been playing with Vergil for the past 2 days

last I checked 2 button inputs are less work to input than 3

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
which if you do qcf.M+H it registers it as a teleport not needing to do the teleport input
going to test this later
when it works i'm going to feel stupid and cheated

also
I completely agree that the new HUD is terrible but everyone complained about this as soon as the first trailer for ultimate came out
i believe capcom said "thats not the final HUD" in response
but I saw no change after that statement was released

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Anyone else watch combofiends lame team @ WNF(the one he used in GF)? If i played this game ghost rider would make me wanna punch some1.

:phone:

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Honestly, Ghost Rider isn't even that bad, and this is coming from someone who mains a character that almost literally dies after the first hit.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Hum... gettin into it now, Ultimate is pretty fun, I still rage at online lag but it's okay I'm learning ^^

I replaced X-23 with Phoenix Wright on my team, I use:

Amaterasu
Chris
Phoenix Wright

now, which though they don't specifically combo into a lot of stuff atm from me playing, I use each of them for what their use is for. And that invincible assist on turnabout mode is legit, finally I get to use a character I LIKE and HAVE to work for to get a good assist out of, but not waste my xf or some crap. Wright is the MAN.

I need to use evidence more though, I lose most matches because I'm frantically trying to get in and use OBJECTION, but I never pressure them enough with knife or cell phone.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
So I messed around with Joe and Shulk and I gotta say I love Joe in Ultimate. His j.S is amazing and now it has more priority. V-Dodge is nifty though I'm still getting the hang of using it. I actually don't mind Shulk's nerfs except for the "heavy" feeling. I played with my friends yesterday and I was grabbing, resetting, heave ho-ing them like I did in Vanilla. I also got to practice Vergil and I really like him. So far, team Joe/Shulk/Vergil is looking like my committed main team for Ultimate.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
I'd so get this game right now if I didn't spend $40 on gas every other week-ish.

How's [Vergil, RR, Wright/Strider/Ghost Rider/Ammy] sound? Lol.
Strider doesn't work well with Vergil IMO. Both of them require meter to reach full potential (XFLvl3 Ouroboros, Sword loops, etc.) I was theorizing about a team with both of them, but in the long run gave up on it.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Uhhhhhh.

Strider's Vajra assist is pretty awesome for helping Vergil get in. Lots of nasty mixups with that.

(I'll explain more later but Strider and Vergil have good synergy, imo.)

Vajra works REALLY well with just about everybody else, I found.

Smooth Criminal

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Vajra is just ridiculous in general. It's fast, gives a hard knockdown, hard to hit him out of it, etc. But I'd honestly see shopping cart going better with Vergil, since with that you don't have to rely on saving meter when Vergil needs it.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
I'm not saying it doesn't, but if you're spending meter on Vergil, Strider's not going to be as effective as he could be on point. Just my opinion but, eh.

Get Low

Smash Ace
I have a quick question. Is the comboing system on this game similar to Street Fighter 4's, with the linking and whatnot?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Critique time. Submit three teams you use regularly and we'll see what we can do about streamlining their efficiency. You can specify a condition that applies to all teams, like one character that must be on the team, or in a certain position. If possible, give reasons for why you constructed your team the way you did so that we can find similar alternatives if necessary.

Condition: Phoenix must always be on point.

Team 1:
Phoenix (α - TK Shot)
Chun-Li (β - Tenshokyaku)
X-23 (β - Ankle Slice)

Phoenix is on point because **** the police. Her TK Shot assist gives Chun-Li a better chance at getting in, and Chun-Li is pretty much unparalleled at meter building. Her infinites haven't been removed, so once she gets on you, she's not coming off. Tenshokyaku comes out pretty fast and is pretty good for pushing the opponent back. It also gives me a more stable anti-air option.

Team 2:
Phoenix (α - TK Shot)
Crimson Viper (β - Seismic Hammer)
X-23 (γ - Crescent Scythe)

This is the "don't give a ****" team, and by that, I mean "don't give a **** about using meter." Viper's double jump does allow her to build back whatever she uses in fairly short order, so it's not too much of a handicap. Dark Phoenix is still relatively easy to achieve. X-23's Crescent Scythe is there for push-back and an anti-air that doesn't vanish when I get hit.

Team 3:
Phoenix (α - TK Shot)
X-23 (γ - Crescent Scythe)
Sentinel (γ - Rocket Punch)

This is my D3athWish-inspired team. Rush the opponent with Phoenix, X-Factor and tag in Sentinel, then go to town on the helpless victim. Rocket Punch gives Phoenix a better OTG combo extension option, while Crescent Scythe is a better anti-air than Sentinel's assists. This team hardly sees any use because Dark Phoenix shenanigans are more reliable with X-Factor intact.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I guess I can go with that

Team 1

Team Bff's

Frank West - a
Dante - a
Taskmaster - a

My first team I'm debating on getting rid of task. Frank and Dante are bff's. Dante alone can get frank to level 5. I however focus on level 3, for my reset's

Team 2

Team Lame

Ghost Rider - a
Vergil - y
Sentinel - a

Full screen overheads with drones is annoying as hell. Burn Burn Burn vs Campers. Switch to vergil vs people like hawkeye have swords and drones covering you then teleport behind.

Team 3

Godlike in Ability

Wesker - B
Doom - B
Vergil - Y or B

Team 4

Team Phoenix Wright on Point.

Phoenix Wright B
Iron Fist Y
Spencer B or Wesker B

This team give wright the ability to not get effed up. The iron fist assist is a godsend for wright and with maya it gets people off of him. Iron Fist's move also wall bounces which can lead into a F+H or I can use wesker otg assist.

As of right now my best characters are Wesker and Frank

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Cool, sounds like fun. Though I'm not too good at giving advice.

Team 1:

Spencer (Diagonal Wire-pull)
Nemesis (Launcer Slam)
Nova (Centurian Rush)

Condition: I would REALLY like to keep these characters. I am willing to switch around assists and order, though.

Spencer is my favorite character to play as in Marvel. He will be in my main team no matter what. Nemesis is second because it allows me to THC with two bars and maintain my OTG wire pull. Nova has Centurian Rush for silly overheads. Overall, this is a team of characters I really like to play as, so they probably don't go well together at all, still, I think Spencer and Nova can fare pretty well on their own.

Team 2:

Hawkeye (Triple Arrow)
Phoenix Wright (Press the Witness)
Frank (Blue light special)

Condition: Hawkeye and PW stay

I wanted a Wright team. I enjoy playing as Hawkeye, and Frank is a character I'm interested in. I'm leading with Hawkeye because of the tech UltraDavid's videos covered, as he can combo into the corner as well as punish instantly to Maya Hyper. Frank has the shopping cart assist because it helps Wright combo into Objection easier. His Hyper also OTGs which helps with combos before Turnabout mode. Even though this is a PW team, Hawkeye can do well on his own.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Feel free to critique each other, guys.

Team 1

Team Bff's

Frank West - a
Dante - a
Taskmaster - a

My first team I'm debating on getting rid of task. Frank and Dante are bff's. Dante alone can get frank to level 5. I however focus on level 3, for my reset's
The team's DHC possibilities seem solid in theory. Frank's shopping cart into Million Dollars into Horizontal Shot is an easy set-up. Taskmaster seems more than adequate in that team, but then again, with Frank and Dante, practically anyone with a horizontal hyper combo will do. If you're going to swap Taskmaster out, pick someone with an OTG assist that still has synergy with the DHCs. You might be able to milk even longer combos out of that. Deadpool seems like he could fit that niche.

Overall: 9/10 - Excellent. Aside from one or two minor setbacks, this is a well put-together team, and I don't see it preventing them from being effective.

Team 2

Team Lame

Ghost Rider - a
Vergil - y
Sentinel - a

Full screen overheads with drones is annoying as hell. Burn Burn Burn vs Campers. Switch to vergil vs people like hawkeye have swords and drones covering you then teleport behind.
Ghost Rider's range certainly lends itself to this team. Sentinel drones were an excellent choice. You can lock the opponent down from full screen. The drones also help create mix-ups with Vergil. These three work well together. I think Vergil could switch to an anti-air assist to give Sentinel some help, though.

Overall: 9/10 - Excellent. Aside from one or two minor setbacks, this is a well put-together team, and I don't see it preventing them from being effective.

Team 3

Godlike in Ability

Wesker - B
Doom - B
Vergil - Y or B
Good all around, not much to pick apart. Doom's Hidden Missile assist is good insurance and is effectively the best anti-air, Wesker's OTG opens up new combo options for Vergil, and the DHCs with this team should work well together.

Overall: 10/10 - This is about as efficient as you can get with these characters.

Team 4

Team Phoenix Wright on Point.

Phoenix Wright B
Iron Fist Y
Spencer B or Wesker B

This team give wright the ability to not get effed up. The iron fist assist is a godsend for wright and with maya it gets people off of him. Iron Fist's move also wall bounces which can lead into a F+H or I can use wesker otg assist.
Putting Wright on point is a necessary evil, but fortunately, you seem to have him covered with Iron Fist's kick and Spencer's grapple. Despite this, Iron Fist and Wesker might be holding the team back. Nova can fit Iron Fist's role just as easily with his Centurion Rush assist, and his Gravimetric Pulse assist can offer another layer of shielding once Maya goes down. Wright and Iron Fist don't need an OTG assist. Iron Fist is naturally capable of it, and Wright is capable of doing it on his own in Turnabout Mode. Use Spencer instead of Wesker.

Overall: 8/10 - Great. The synergy isn't as good as it could be, but the team still works well together.

Team 1:

Spencer (Diagonal Wire-pull)
Nemesis (Launcer Slam)
Nova (Centurian Rush)

Condition: I would REALLY like to keep these characters. I am willing to switch around assists and order, though.

Spencer is my favorite character to play as in Marvel. He will be in my main team no matter what. Nemesis is second because it allows me to THC with two bars and maintain my OTG wire pull. Nova has Centurian Rush for silly overheads. Overall, this is a team of characters I really like to play as, so they probably don't go well together at all, still, I think Spencer and Nova can fare pretty well on their own.
Nemesis already has the anti-air covered with Launcher Slam. Spencer's assist could be swapped over to Armor Piercer as a combo extender for Nova. Other than that, I don't think you need to do any character switching. All of them hit pretty hard on their own.

Team 2:

Hawkeye (Triple Arrow)
Phoenix Wright (Press the Witness)
Frank (Blue light special)

Condition: Hawkeye and PW stay

I wanted a Wright team. I enjoy playing as Hawkeye, and Frank is a character I'm interested in. I'm leading with Hawkeye because of the tech UltraDavid's videos covered, as he can combo into the corner as well as punish instantly to Maya Hyper. Frank has the shopping cart assist because it helps Wright combo into Objection easier. His Hyper also OTGs which helps with combos before Turnabout mode. Even though this is a PW team, Hawkeye can do well on his own.
You have three forward-facing assists. Hawkeye and Phoenix Wright have themselves covered for anti-air defense, but I'm not so sure about Frank. Switching Hawkeye to an anti-air assist would be preferable to support Frank. I'm just not so sure you should be running him to begin with. The thing about Frank is that neither of your characters have multi-hit hypers capable of leveling him up quickly. Swapping Frank for someone with an OTG assist is preferable to keeping him, since it opens up more combo options for Hawkeye.

Overall: 4/10 - Below average. Characters are in need of switching to get the team to work better.

L__

Smash Master
The Jack of All Trades Team

Spider-man (β - Web Swing)
Dormammu (α - Dark Hole)
Vergil (γ - Rapid Slash)

I chose Spider-man/Dormammu because they have good synergy both ways. Vergil's there because I liked Vergil from Devil May Cry. I've played this team in various ways, such as having Spider-man and Dormammu being bar builders solely for Vergil's meter consumption, using meter freely to punish tiny mistakes, etc. I'm going to leave Vergil as the focal point of my time investment, so having him on my team is the condition for all my teams. The DHC synergy is an added bonus, regardless of order.

The Rushdown Team

Zero (α - Ryuenjin)
Vergil (γ - Rapid Slash)
Wesker (β - Samurai Edge)

This team doesn't have the best tools for getting in, but it can get the job done. Zero acts solely as a meter builder for Vergil, unless the momentum of the match is completely in my favor. I'm reconsidering the order of Vergil/Wesker. I partly play this team because their individual playstyles as characters are fun.

I want to put Magneto on another team but have been putting most of my focus into my primary team of Spider-man/Dormammu/Vergil

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
The Jack of All Trades Team

Spider-man (β - Web Swing)
Dormammu (α - Dark Hole)
Vergil (γ - Rapid Slash)

I chose Spider-man/Dormammu because they have good synergy both ways. Vergil's there because I liked Vergil from Devil May Cry. I've played this team in various ways, such as having Spider-man and Dormammu being bar builders solely for Vergil's meter consumption, using meter freely to punish tiny mistakes, etc. I'm going to leave Vergil as the focal point of my time investment, so having him on my team is the condition for all my teams. The DHC synergy is an added bonus, regardless of order.
You're right about the DHC synergy. This team can work any which way you want. Even so, I'm not completely sold on the assist you have chosen for Spider-Man, since I think Web Ball might be preferable for setting up combos, but what you have here is practical and works in theory. My only suggestion is switching Vergil to an anti-air assist, since you seem to have the horizontal plane covered pretty well.

The Rushdown Team

Zero (α - Ryuenjin)
Vergil (γ - Rapid Slash)
Wesker (β - Samurai Edge)

This team doesn't have the best tools for getting in, but it can get the job done. Zero acts solely as a meter builder for Vergil, unless the momentum of the match is completely in my favor. I'm reconsidering the order of Vergil/Wesker. I partly play this team because their individual playstyles as characters are fun.
Sometimes, fun isn't very effective. Each of these characters hits hard on their own, but as you said, this team needs a better way of getting in. Wesker and Zero's excellent damage output isn't going to mean much if they can't touch the opponent. I think the team would be better served by swapping Wesker for someone who has a good pressure assist, like Sentinel or Doctor Doom. It would help set Vergil up for teleport mix-ups and allow Zero to get around the opponent more easily. Magneto's Electromagnetic Disruptor might work, but that's a stretch.

Overall: 4/10 - Below average. Characters are in need of switching to get the team to work better.

Top Bottom