• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Good games, Yars. Sorry for the lag. That Nemesis assist practically shuts down two of my characters. I'm surprised you weren't doing any side aerial exchanges.

Also, Brightside, when I get a better connection, I want to give fighting your Spider-Man a try.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Good games, Yars. Sorry for the lag. That Nemesis assist practically shuts down two of my characters. I'm surprised you weren't doing any side aerial exchanges.

Also, Brightside, when I get a better connection, I want to give fighting your Spider-Man a try.
I figured you would be mashing that one, like I was even though it failed a lot. :(

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Of course. Phoenix players have to safeguard that meter. Although, as you noticed in that round I X-Factored out of TK Overdrive to snap in Nemesis, I'm not afraid to burn it if it means killing something I deem a threat. She's capable on her own, I just can't get hit.

Oh, and new avatar. Whoop.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I gotta make sure to taunt after Nemesis wins a match because his takes forever.

He's feelin' himself with that taunt, powering up to a new level.

Also, I was laughing my *** off when I did the Ain't even mad hyper and took a hyper AND a salty ball and kept going. Too bad it was in the wrong direction. :urg:

mood4food77

Smash Hero
just finished frank's, wesker's, and thor's trials

have to say, i really like the new thor, almost every problem he had in vanilla is gone, his air dash speed is roughly the same as it was in vanilla

i think i need to run a thor team and then a frank team

thor/doom/wesker and dorammu/frank/viper?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I'm really diggin' Nova. He's feeling like Magneto in a way.
So any combos revolving around / relying on his a.H...

Pretty sexy though. Uair all day, Falcon. Uair all day.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
so i think i've decided on my teams

thor/wesker/dormammu
viper/doom/ammy
cap/hulk/hawkeye
haggar/morrigan/frank

i think this is what i'll work with

mood4food77

Smash Hero
that team is all gimmicks, i'm basically going to TAC to make sure he can get to at least level 3 right off the bat, i don't even know if i'll like morrigan or not (i might go with felicia instead but idk yet), i still gotta play more

i could always run frank/thor/dormammu or something like that, which i feel is very possible

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Lol @ thinking Thor works well in any team.
Also, looking forward to trying out Vergil, Nova, and maybe some Rocket Raccoon.
Still gonna have dat troll team: Frank/RR/MODOK

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i pretty much mained thor in vanilla (i ran dormammu/thor/wesker in vanilla) and he's been buffed big time now while removing the really obnoxious stuff;

cr. l and j. l are faster
mighty spark has faster start-up (seriously didn't need this but it's awesome)
charge up times for all mighty strikes and h. might smash have been decreased (making his combos much easier and allows for more options)
mighty punish has more active frames, less cooldown, more invincibility
air dash speed is the same but he doesn't have to use an aerial to touch the ground right away
st. m has reduced knockback, making it a usable move in combos
mighty tornado still does the same damage as vanilla when not mashed (so when mashed, it deals a lot)
mighty hurricane is now easier to combo off of

he got buffed big time, he's still a bad anchor but he's got 2 great assists so he works great in the 2nd slot

not sure if frank can be part of a troll team since he's going to be used quite a bit

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Speaking of recording, Rocket Raccoon. It's ****ing ridiculous.

I've also noticed a few strange things with Phoenix, and I don't think they're intentional. When she's in Dark Phoenix mode and calls out an assist, her voice reverts to Jean's and she says, "Get my back!" Her facial animations in her victory clips are also screwed up. Dark Phoenix's lip synching is a bit off, and her evil smile suddenly reverts to a blank face for no reason. Small things, but kind of irritating.

Speaking of the victory screen, am I the only one that prefers the vanilla version?

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
i pretty much mained thor in vanilla (i ran dormammu/thor/wesker in vanilla) and he's been buffed big time now while removing the really obnoxious stuff;

cr. l and j. l are faster
mighty spark has faster start-up (seriously didn't need this but it's awesome)
charge up times for all mighty strikes and h. might smash have been decreased (making his combos much easier and allows for more options)
mighty punish has more active frames, less cooldown, more invincibility
air dash speed is the same but he doesn't have to use an aerial to touch the ground right away
st. m has reduced knockback, making it a usable move in combos
mighty tornado still does the same damage as vanilla when not mashed (so when mashed, it deals a lot)
mighty hurricane is now easier to combo off of

he got buffed big time, he's still a bad anchor but he's got 2 great assists so he works great in the 2nd slot

not sure if frank can be part of a troll team since he's going to be used quite a bit
Hm, I see. Never paid much attention to Thor. But I'm still not sure he'll be as viable as he needs to be. His frame data still looks very weak, except for that j.L and j.H is really usefull (Or so I've seen)

I'm just using him on a troll team because of the concept behind the character. I don't think Rocket Raccoon is a bad character, either.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Speaking of the victory screen, am I the only one that prefers the vanilla version?
Everyone prefers the Vanilla version as far as I know. Ultimate's is just weird with the thick outlines and strange pictures.

Also, I'm posting this again http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313571
Light House tourney for Ultimate. Trying to get enough people (at least 8 would be nice) for both consoles.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Speaking of recording, Rocket Raccoon. It's ****ing ridiculous.
>Expects something Rediculous
>Sees ToD with Level 3 and XF1

Man Serris you had me hyped for a second. I was expecting to see something that not every character could do.

The combo still looks impressive, though.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
So uhm
Did wolvie get nerfed? Doesn't seem like it.
I can't get strider's b-formation to ragnarok to work.
And I honestly don't get the input timing for vergil's high time into maximum Vergil.
The hitstun is weird. Basic magic series combos don't feel right anymore
And it seems like none of the top tiers got real nerfs besides Phoenix.

:phone:

mood4food77

Smash Hero
they didn't do anything to wolverine's playstyle, they just nerfed the derpiness

beserker slash has no invincibility, dive kick and j. l have a hitbox reduction, and his new move, swiss cheese or w/e it's called, is to stop the mashing of cr. l (or something like that), and they also nerfed akuma's tatsu assist (so he won't have as easy of a time getting in)

he wasn't the best character but he had way too much profit for how simple of a character he was, he'll probably be at least B tier this time around, so he's still good, his playstyle and combos are intact, he's just no where close to as dumb as he was before

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
I thought as much.
What are good strategies to deal with hulk's armor? Especially from his new move.
A guy I know mains hulk and I can't really beat him because of that hulk armor. Can't try to zone unless he has no meter thanks to gamma crush
Vergil assist has made him much worse to keep away

:phone:

D

Deleted member

So, I beat Arcade Mode for the first time, using Deadpool, Amaterasu, and Rocket Raccoon.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
don't move, everything he does is punishable on block but make sure the move he does cannot be cancelled and he doesn't have an assist out

all you can do is zone him, use anything to zone him out, the only character i've been able to go offensive on him with is viper (but that's because she's really dumb), he's pretty much free to dorm

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Speaking of which, does anyone else think some elements of the new HUD are in need of tweaking? The font they use for the hyper gauge clashes with the rest of the aesthetic, and the placement of the assists should be reversed. Maybe brighten up the assist health bars while they're at it. I'm used to it now, but these new changes would still be welcome.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Uh, wolverine is also *significantly* slower >_>

High time into maximum vergil is done by teleporting after high time, but immediately canceling the teleport into super.

L__

Smash Master
Uh, wolverine is also *significantly* slower >_>

High time into maximum vergil is done by teleporting after high time, but immediately canceling the teleport into super.
which if you do qcf.M+H it registers it as a teleport not needing to do the teleport input

Top Bottom