• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

mood4food77

Smash Hero
all assists scale combos pretty hard now, i'm pretty sure he'll scale the same as dormammu's dark hole assist would

nemisis with doom missles is ********, seriously, it's really dumb

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
all assists scale combos pretty hard now, i'm pretty sure he'll scale the same as dormammu's dark hole assist would

Deadpool's Quickwork is an exception to that, actually. It doesn't scale combos at all.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero

Hrmmm, You're probably right on that, but Viper doesn't want you combos scaled at all, ya know? I understand where you're getting at. I might go to the lab with them.

And Yeah, Nem with missiles is toooooo gdlk. You just wait for them to block and the WD in.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Oh my God, Nemesis With missile's Wait after the last missile hits on block, Kara Command Throw and buffer an X factor. LOL if you whiff you x factor if you don't free combo

mood4food77

Smash Hero
yea, last night i played some kid with that combo, it's super gay, missles called, nemesis waits but then you're like crap, he's got missles out, what am i supposed to do

the best you can do is use a hyper just to punish and that's not entirely reliable due to the use of meter

it almost felt like wolverine with tatsu assist, but that could be cause i'm not used to fighting a large character that has a decent mix-up game

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Unless you've magically found a way for 360 and PS3 players to play together online, that's not very likely. Oh, and I'm going to start going to fight nights and tournaments in Boston regularly after the 8th. Whee~

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I'm sticking offline mostly because nearly everyone in the barracks has the game and plays it very competitive and the guy next door is planning on going to a mini tournament here. One of the guys here is strange because he plays differently and is actually deadly when partly drunk. Good stuff. Although everyone here is a Call Of Booty (Erm...I mean "Duty") addict.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I miss my 90 percent win record back in Vanilla. I'm just so awful at Ultimate lol.
And going back to offline, the game feels way fast. It's tough adjusting back and forth.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
so..felicia is pretty damn ******** in this game, with that i found my frank team

felicia (alpha)/frank (alpha)/sentinel (alpha)

seriously, her and frank work so well together and the fact she has a heavy delta kick in the air pretty much makes her top tier, on top of her reset game, her grab game, her high low mix-up, just everything

she could've been b-tier in vanilla but now she could be pushing for A tier, maybe even S tier, she's that dumb

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
According to this data! Ha, ha, ha. I've been training Phoenix Wright. He is a tough character to use but I feel it is rewarding when you finally master this guy. Felicia and Frank and wonderful together. I always debate on a third.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I'd imagine anyone with a good lockdown assist that also functions well as anchor would be worth looking into for Felicia+Frank.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
So so after reading your guys input and watching some videos, I have decided I might play Nemesis on point.

When Nemesis was originally announced that's what I wanted to do, but I figured Doom would be better.

So what do you think would be a better arrangement?

Nemesis/Sentinel/Doom

or

Nemesis/Doom/Sentinel

Doom as an anchor I feel would work better, just because he doesn't really need assists to get in and has strong keepaway if you need.

What's this I hear about Nemesis with missiles? :troll:

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
combofiend's spencer/hawkeye combo is so amazing

i think he should switch out nemesis though LOL
So you got your wish. Apparently he switched Nemesis to Nova.

Which is actually really funny, because I was thinking the same thing you were every time I saw his Nemesis, and then immediately thought "if he takes out Nemesis he'll probably put in Nova. That **** would be crazy for his team."

But I never responded saying so because I'm too scrubby and I thought I'd sound dumb putting my two cents in on one of the greatest Marvel players. I guess I should have though. My foresight is too good. :x

Now if he'll just put Hawkeye back at the mid position and move Spencer back to anchor I'll be happy. I don't think they DHC as easily, but I don't think his Hawkeye puts in the work at anchor like his Spencer did. Like Hawkeye's ****ing awesome, but I don't really feel like he gets that much better with X-Factor. Or at least, he wasn't showing it from what I had seen. Spencer just seemed so much better there.

Or has he already done that and I just don't know?

Also Sent I'd say Nemesis/Sentinel/Doom. That duo's a beauty though in that you don't have to completely worry in the event that one or the other is killed early. The only thing that you should ever worry about is Nemesis ending up as anchor somehow, and even that's kind of workable.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
I'd imagine anyone with a good lockdown assist that also functions well as anchor would be worth looking into for Felicia+Frank.
well there's doom, dante, sentinel, skrull, ammy, and chun li

i like sentinel the best as it covers the most horizontal distance (and i also happen to be better with him than all the other characters), and with lvl2+ frank, you basically use him like you would use captain america (call sent assist, do a block string, roll to the other side, hope opponent drops his block, prosper)

that's my 2 cents

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Yeah Sent's assist is more than likely the best for the job. I know in Vanilla it was pretty much THE assist to go for when running Felicia as well. I'd imagine it's still much the same.

Doom and Dante are probably the next best two from that list.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Im gonna try my best and record some matches with my Phoenix Wright :D

Edit: I feel bad, i fought someone who had a rank down chance and I ***** him.

Savon

Smash Ace
They just nerfed She-Hulk too much for me to keep using her. Not worth the effort anymore, which is a same considering I mained her from day 1. I have decided to build a new team from the ground up and I REALLY like Iron Fist. What characters/assists complement Iron Fist well? I also am interested In hawkeye/Spencer/strange.

Also, Chris is AMAZIng now. Gun canceling made so much of a diff for him that it is not even funny. He will also prob Find a spot on my team. Ultimate made so many chars viable that it is not even funny. Really digging the balance. I am dropping Arthur for good since he is too much of a crutch

:phone:

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
They just nerfed She-Hulk too much for me to keep using her. Not worth the effort anymore, which is a same considering I mained her from day 1. I have decided to build a new team from the ground up and I REALLY like Iron Fist. What characters/assists complement Iron Fist well? I also am interested In hawkeye/Spencer/strange.

Also, Chris is AMAZIng now. Gun canceling made so much of a diff for him that it is not even funny. He will also prob Find a spot on my team. Ultimate made so many chars viable that it is not even funny. Really digging the balance. I am dropping Arthur for good since he is too much of a crutch

Spencer is great for iron fist you get two crumple combo's

Savon

Smash Ace
Iron Fist/Dr. Strange/Dormammu is my current team ATM. Any advice for team order/assists and things of that nature?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Where would I put him? I am open to character suggestions as well

I'd say your team order is fine (if you want to keep that team). While I don't think Dormammu is the best anchor, he's still good though. Especially more than Strange since he's able to chip or get in there. Strange works better with someone backing him up, imo. I'm still learning Strange so my word isn't final, of course.

Top Bottom