• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So i was able to get a few matches in on stream today with my new team [Zero, Hsein-Ko, Nova] I generally don't play online for obvious reason but i really wanted to test them out. So please tell me what you guys think (i was playing somewhat BARBARIC due to my fatigue but i think you guy will get the gist of what these 3 are capable of. more so Hsein-ko & nova You can have any character on point as long as nova gets in safe & Hsien-ko remains unharmed)

http://www.twitch.tv/zerp491/b/302116040

1st match starts @ 0:03:40 (Idk why i wasn't blocking after i got up)

2nd match starts @ 0:42: 45 this round i didn't use Zero Hsien-Ko Nova but i used them the next round, the round when i was using zero doom deadpool i did a team hyper combo that cost me the match I DON"T EVEN USE THOSE :urg:

3rd match starts @ 1:03:45

4th match starts @ the beginning of this video http://www.twitch.tv/zerp491/b/302118955
I only had the chance to see the first and third match. I've used Zero and Hsien-Ko since Vanilla, and your team with Nova has been something I've been messing around with as well.

I'd like to have seen more buster cancels with Zero both in combos and during your neutral game. You didn't go for any of his combo extenders with them. I think you could approach better with Zero since Pendulum isn't a quick assist. Buster cancel his raikousen and then raikousen again while you're calling out an assist. Doing H/M Raikousen buster cancel M Raikousen/Hienkyaku while calling Hsien-Ko is good. So yeah, buster cancelling a Raikousen is basically like an extra assist for you.

You're setting up her gold armor the same way I do which is pretty good. With Hsien-Ko on point, don't use her Senpu Bu for getting in. Plink dash with her or at least gong before using Senpu Bu. I don't recommend using H Senpu Bu either since you're vulnerable for so long. Mainly use Senpu Bu when you're in since it can't be push blocked. You rushed in too hard with Hsien-Ko which wasn't good, imo. I usually save X Factor for her since I am comfortable using her on point, but that's up to you.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I only had the chance to see the first and third match. I've used Zero and Hsien-Ko since Vanilla, and your team with Nova has been something I've been messing around with as well.

I'd like to have seen more buster cancels with Zero both in combos and during your neutral game. You didn't go for any of his combo extenders with them. I think you could approach better with Zero since Pendulum isn't a quick assist. Buster cancel his raikousen and then raikousen again while you're calling out an assist. Doing H/M Raikousen buster cancel M Raikousen/Hienkyaku while calling Hsien-Ko is good. So yeah, buster cancelling a Raikousen is basically like an extra assist for you.

You're setting up her gold armor the same way I do which is pretty good. With Hsien-Ko on point, don't use her Senpu Bu for getting in. Plink dash with her or at least gong before using Senpu Bu. I don't recommend using H Senpu Bu either since you're vulnerable for so long. Mainly use Senpu Bu when you're in since it can't be push blocked. You rushed in too hard with Hsien-Ko which wasn't good, imo. I usually save X Factor for her since I am comfortable using her on point, but that's up to you.
I don't plan on using her on point (not yet atleast) but thanks for the tips.
As for my play with zero i really wasn't trying to go for any combo extenders due to the lag & I just don't really play online So my goal was to move around in a way that was hard to hit

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Gonna try Frank (a)/ Rocket Raccoon (y) / Spiderman (b) for a while. The idea is to get Frank to Lv. 4 or 5 so I can tag in Spiderman and use Spiderman / Raccoon shenanigans.

Frank and Rocket synegize pretty well:

Frank BnB > Crossover combo > Camera = Lv. 4. I'm having trouble with the Crossover combo cause sometimes the shopping cart pushes them out of Rock n Roll and it messes up the whole thing.

Any tips to prevent this?

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Viper is MAD good. You know how to do Seismic Rapid Fire?

Anyone wanna evaluate my reserve units?

Frank (a)/ Raccoon (y)/ Spiderman (b)

Viper (y)/ Strange (b)/ Hawkeye (a)

Spiderman (b)/ Ammy (b)/ Wesker (y)
Yeah, I'm working on rapid seismos. I still sometimes get j.L but it's getting there. Double seismo combos are down, though.

Rawnie

Smash Champion
Hi. :3

I run Trish/Morrigan/Phoenix.
I use Storm, Sentinel, and some others for funsies. :D

Name on XBL is TostinoRubino

Feel free to add. :D

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
So.. been in the lab.

Changed my two main teams.

It's now Nova/Frank/Strider and Viper/Strange/Hawkeye

My 3rd team is still Nemesis/Doom/Spencer.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I think Corimon's team would be better if Sentinel wasn't on it. Doom's Hidden Missiles might be a suitable replacement for the Sentinel Drone Charge. She'd also gain the ability to DHC into Sphere Flame from Taskmaster's vertical Legion Arrows. She played pretty well, regardless.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
She plays a Cap/Haggar/Doom team too I think?

Also, would anyone be interested in an XBL SWF lobby tomorrow around 8PST?

Minato

穏やかじゃない

I'll join maybe. I dunno for how long though since I'm not into big lobbies. And tomorrow as in today (Saturday)?

Edit: Actually never mind. I should probably focus on studying for finals. If anyone wants to, they can do some 1v1 with me since that won't take too much of my time.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351

Yeah, but her Wolverine/Taskmaster/Sentinel team is much more solid. She plays a decent Haggar, though, I'll give her that. Judging from what I've seen, her only real problem is not blocking high against aerial approaches. Her Wolverine also has some issues with getting in. She has a very good foundation to build on, though. I think she should work on her Doom, then toy around with throwing him on as an anchor with Wolverine and Taskmaster. As it is right now, her anchor Sentinel is very risky because she's just fishing for hits with normals that have awful recovery.

Oh, and Savon, if you ever wanted to keep playing Arthur, Taskmaster/Hawkeye/Arthur is annoyingly viable.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to SpiderDan for having a gdlk Arthur and to HiI'mNastyy for rocking skrull and being gdlk at it.

Corimon

Smash Apprentice
Thank you! Yes, I don't plan on playing Sentinel anymore. I hate having him as anchor, but I've worked so long with drones assist that it's hard to give up his presence anywhere in my team. I also have a problem with mashing and thus my blocking isn't really very good. I don't like the idea of having Doom as an anchor because I find him really predictable. And once level 3 x-factor runs out, I don't feel like he has a lot going for him in terms of getting in, or in terms of getting out of terrible zoning situations against really campy teams.

My Capt/Haggar/Doom is just a tribute troll team I have for a friend. But I find it tons of fun. :3

I don't play it in tournament, but it's a lot a fun. I don't like the idea of Doom as anchor in any team because

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Hey, it's Corimon. Cool.

Called the nova frank **** from day one I'm so good.

Taskmaster/Sent/????
I saw it too.. I just really don't like the only two characters that make Strider/Frank work. Which are Nova and Dante. Nova finally grew on my enough cause he punches the **** outta people.

Play NOVA, cause he's clearly the best anchor in the game. :troll:
He scares the **** outta me. You just hear yelling and see fists and legs coming at you.

Savon

Smash Ace
My current team is Nemesis/Dormammu/Skrull

I love them individually,
But I feel as though they are lacking I regards to helping one another via assists. Any advice in regards to that?

:phone:

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
My current team is Nemesis/Dormammu/Skrull

I love them individually,
But I feel as though they are lacking I regards to helping one another via assists. Any advice in regards to that?

:phone:
I can't really think of an assist for Skrull, but Dark Hole for Dormammu might work.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Considering that wesker did more damage in vanilla X factor then he does now.

Minato we can play for a bit after I do something real quick alright?

Edit 2: GG's God damn ****s all over the screen when zero and doom come to play. I couldn't use vergil too much stuff happening and my teleport is so punishable.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs, PTZR. I was slowly adjusting my combos lol. I think your Dante and Zero could improve a ton once you learn how to play them the way they are in Ultimate. Zero and Dante/Doom means 1 touch of death. Not that I could pull any of them off online though, haha.

I'm still lost on Frank and Hawkeye. Same goes for your Ghost Rider from last time.

Edit: Yeah, I couldn't use my Vergil as well. He's way too tough unless there's a solid connection.

Top Bottom