• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
The goal of a fighting game is ultimately to win, complaining about people wanting to win will get you nowhere.

I have fun with fighting games by practicing and improving my game, then using what I've learned to win matches regardless of the tactics(ex. I have no problem timing people out if I need to.)

In this game I play Wright/Zero/Ammy, the team doesn't really make any sense because I think this game is too silly to play seriously, but I still try to win when I play. :/

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Sure you can go into the FPS threads and do that. Most likely you'll find people that haven't, I for example haven't owned any IW CoD games apart from MW3. The whole point is I can get into that franchise despite not having the previous ones. I'm sure when SSB4 comes out it'll be the same too.

Unless I can find new players to this franchise, and find what it is they enjoy, it's safe to say this is a dying franchise. If the only people that play UMvC3 are the ones that played 2, and no new players are joining, then the series wont extend far into the future.

:phone:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Unless I can find new players to this franchise, and find what it is they enjoy, it's safe to say this is a dying franchise. If the only people that play UMvC3 are the ones that played 2, and no new players are joining, then the series wont extend far into the future.

There are a ton of people out there playing U/MvC3 that haven't touched a Versus game in their life (RayRay, a very good player who debuted in MvC3 for example, never even played a video game competitively before). You wouldn't know that since you probably don't look outside of Smashboards very often, but y'know.

Your assumptions are baseless.

Smooth Criminal

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
I just want to say that your whole argument stating "spamming is cheap" is totally hilarious. If someone is mindlessly throwing fireballs fullscreen and you can't do anything to stop it, that seems like something that's more your fault than theirs. And if their "spamming" is actually zoning, then good **** to them. They've obviously spent time working on their game plan and deserve to win if you can't find a way around it. If I were you, I'd stop complaining and learn how to combat these "spamming" tactics.

Also, the "people don't pick characters they like" part is funny, too. Who's to say that people don't like the idea behind the characters you have so much trouble against? I play Zero because he's my favorite Capcom character, not because he's top tier.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Actually that's most fighting games...If you're not playing a rushdown oriented character, that's probably going to be the case.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Man if Smooth can get +1's here for free then I can get them too.
I think because you pointed that out I got an infraction. XD

But, whatever. I'll just let certain people cherry-pick what to infract and what not to infract.

What do you guys think of Empire Arcadia coming back? Sanford Kelly and Hiro apparently placed really high at Big 2.

Smooth Criminal

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
The goal of a fighting game is ultimately to win, complaining about people wanting to win will get you nowhere.

I have fun with fighting games by practicing and improving my game, then using what I've learned to win matches regardless of the tactics(ex. I have no problem timing people out if I need to.)

In this game I play Wright/Zero/Ammy, the team doesn't really make any sense because I think this game is too silly to play seriously, but I still try to win when I play. :/
Totally agreed. Brofist for the Wright/Ammy combo, I was thinking of using Zero if it wasnt for the fact that Chris has sooooo much effin' power.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
They still need to decrease lv. 3 X-factor time.

@Pluvia, give Spiderman a try. My Spiderman dances around 'zoners' with his health lead. That's what they get for having such a one-sided playstyle. -_-

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
From what I can tell, it's true. I've activated XF as Akuma against characters like Dormammu and felt like my XF died out faster. It could just be me, though.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
>_>

I have the strategy guide.

Would ya'll like me to upload some pictures?

My camera isn't working atm so I'll go ahead and transcribe the "Rumor Control" section in Gameplay and Systems about X-Factor.

UMvC3 Strategy Guide said:
X-Factor timers are not different between characters! Each character has the same amount of X-Factor frames at each level of X-Factor, and these values are unchanged from the original MvC3. Characters may seem to look like they have different X-Factor timers, but that's both because a) you aren't going to be able to activate X-Factor for two characters at roughly the same moment, since the first activation causes a 30-FRAME "X-FACTOR FREEZE;" the likelihood that you activate the opposite character's X-Factor on the very next few frames for a relatively precise test is low, and b) the actual X-Factor icon effects at the top of the screen are totally asymmetrical!
Maximillian, Seth Killian, and a few others that have had a hand in this game for a while have also confirmed this, even prior to the game's release. I don't know what the hell James Chen and Olaf are thinking posting this crap up when it's patently untrue.

Smooth Criminal

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
The only time you activate x-factor with Nemesis anyway is to hit his level 3 out of block.

That or to chain 2 hypers together to kill an annoying high health character.

I started using Akuma again lots last night.

I forgot how good that guy is.

Pikaville

Nothing on his Vanilla one.

Although I did manage to touch of death a Thor lasatnight because I tatsu'd through his mighty spark.

Savon

Smash Ace
I have actually started using Thor, but I suck at doing reverse DP motions. I also just need to improve my execution so that I can do his Half circle motion command grab on reaction fast enough to reset people.

Having a blast with him though

Pikaville

I have trouble doing half circle motions on the 360 controller consistently.

Half of the time I just end up super jumping :(

It's a pretty vital part of Nemesis' game too.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Half circle grabs are *** to do :(

If you have trouble inputting (reverse) Shoryuken motions, try inputting [4, 214]. That way, you'll do a much simpler quarter circle, but because you tapped the direction first, it registers as Shoryuken motion.

Also 360 pad is pretty bad. If you're gonna play pad, at least use Playstation controller with a converter or something. Opinions though.

Pikaville

I use the 360 analog stick, I even have the new controller with the raised d-pad but it still isn't as smooth or consistent as the stick.

Also for shoruken motions I just do 4121 and it always works on the stick.

It's weird how the motion looks so much harder in the command list that it actually is.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I thought Max's video was the one that CONFIRMED XF differed between characters.
Nope.

He said that at first when he played early builds, but later on when he got his copy of the game, he found out otherwise and even conducted a test to confirm it.

>_> Plus, y'know, STRATEGY GUIDE TRANSCRIPTION that says it's not in the game.

Smooth Criminal

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Yo Smooth can you post frame data on Taskmasters command grab?

Also, does it say anything about stuff like how long hard tags take etc?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Actually, yeah. It does.

I'll gladly post frame data and whatnot for people when I get home from work tonight. Just let me know who you wanna know about.

Smooth Criminal

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Hard tag, stuff on crossover counter, exact damage boost from Wesker's glasses (I heard, 10, 20, 30% :/)
Maybe stuff on how long crumple takes/hawkeye's trap or ice arrow would be nice.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Nope.

He said that at first when he played early builds, but later on when he got his copy of the game, he found out otherwise and even conducted a test to confirm it.

>_> Plus, y'know, STRATEGY GUIDE TRANSCRIPTION that says it's not in the game.

Smooth Criminal
Hm, must've missed it, then. Oh well. Btw, can I get frame data on all 3 versions of bonne strike and nemesis normals?

jbro

Smash Ace
Tell me you guys saw the Super Skrull on stream yesterday? I think it was Alukards? Infernoooooooooooo
I had a friend over watching the stream who had never seen UMvC3 before, but he got super hyped and kept yelling "infernooooo!". It was hilarious and awesome at the same time.

Top Bottom