• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

Landry

Smash Ace
If there's one think we should all have learned by now it's to never count Ken out. Top 10 doesn't seem likely but at this point I don't think I'd be surprised by anything.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Keep in perspective that 7th-17th would be roughly the skill level of dajuan/s2j/zhu/hax/etc....

Also, 13th-25th would be roughly where lovage/westballz/sfat/ppu/ would place

I don't see Ken being at any of those player's level anytime soon

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I'm going to compile results, run some computations/simulations, and then analyze specific seeding/bracket matches to see the most likely top 10. Will get back once registration is done (to see who's going).

My predictions are beast.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Assuming latest results are accurate and no upsets happen (both of which are at nearly 0% chance of actually occurring, lol):

Top 4 will be Armada, Dr. PeePee, HBox, Mango
5th-8th will be Javi, KirbyKaze, Mew2King, Wobbles
9th-12th will be Axe, Hax, Shroomed, Unknown522
13-16th will be Fly Amanita, PPU, S2J, SFAT

In my opinion.

More realistically, it'll be a tangly mess of them depending on if Javi is still amazing, Fly goes, Wobbles doesn't commentate, M2K doesn't emo, Unknown's controller doesn't break, PP doesn't get sick, Mango actually tries, S2J gets to beat a different opponent in round 2 Winners, Hax gets to beat an opponent in round 2 Winners, and HBox vs Young Link.

But at least we all know Armada will get first, and that's all that matters. <3

But Overtriforce getting 2nd would be pretty cool.

:awesome:

The Business

Smash Journeyman
Assuming latest results are accurate and no upsets happen (both of which are at nearly 0% chance of actually occurring, lol):

In my opinion.

More realistically, it'll be a tangly mess of them depending on if Javi is still amazing, Fly goes, Wobbles doesn't commentate, M2K doesn't emo, Unknown's controller doesn't break, PP doesn't get sick, Mango actually tries, S2J gets to beat a different opponent in round 2 Winners, Hax gets to beat an opponent in round 2 Winners, and HBox vs Young Link.

poor s2j :(

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Armada is going to win, that's all that matters.

And also, no, KK will never beat Armada, no offence.

^-^

strawhats

Smash Master
Armada is going to win, that's all that matters.

And also, no, KK will never beat Armada, no offence.

^-^
Armada has lost to sheik in NTSC b4(yes. Amsah and him have played for years and knows his playstyle, a very cerebral player/both of them in fact, plus the NTSC advantage) Guess what KK uses sheik, would play him in NTSC and KK is a very cerebral player)

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
KK showing up is a very likely possibility.

I believe nothing short of a seriously debilitating injury/illness or a death/serious illness in the family would keep most top players from going to Apex.

Engo

Smash Ace

In my opinion.

I agree with this almost completely. Only thing is Unknown has been looking really damn good lately and I think definitely has the potential to get top 8 and maybe higher.(He got 7th at the last apex didn't he?)

One of the elite 4 is going to be taken out by a Canadian.

Hadster

Smash Cadet
WHY IS CHILLINDUDE829 NEVER MENTIONED IN THESE I dont even..........

You guys seriously forgetting about that guy.

Don't have time to place a solid argument for him right now, but for now I'm gonna say he can EASY beat any one outside elite 4, and has a good chance at beating any the elite 4.

But he is defo up there with all of those outside top 4, stop forgetting that guy...the guy deserves way more hype.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
looks like the ctrl button has a vendetta against you
Haha, fixed.
Don't have time to place a solid argument for him right now, but for now I'm gonna say he can EASY beat any one outside elite 4, and has a good chance at beating any the elite 4.
Foxes are often forgotten in these debates due to their relative numerousness, and Chillin's a consistent choker when it counts. A shame, really.

Actual generally underappreciated players would be (off the top of my head) :

Zhu, MacD, Vanz, any European not named Armada, any Mexican not named Javi, any Canadian not named KirbyKaze (a pattern emerges).

I also believe (judging by recent tournament placings) that Axe will **** up everyone barring the "Elite 4", and potentially one or two in it.

Hadster

Smash Cadet
Foxes are often forgotten in these debates due to their relative numerousness, and Chillin's a consistent choker when it counts. A shame, really.
Yeah I agree that he does often under-perform in tournaments.

But he is one of the few players I've seen who improves after each and every tournament experience (mentality-wise)....he's getting there (slowly, but he will get there)

Also where is KDJ in these threads. He is one of the most underrated old schoolers.

He got 17th at Apex, outplacing:
- Eggm
- Jman
- Kage
- Axe
- Westballz
- Ice
- Cactuar

He only lost to Javi, and Shroomed (extremely close set, he SD'd last match on last stock when he was winning)...

Top Bottom