• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Just curious, why would Axe want to play 1.0? The only differences I know of are Zelda's upsmash (didn't know her fsmash was different) and the existence of flame canceling lol. What differences/advantages would Axe (presumably Pikachu) have?

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Ah haha, ok thanks. I think I've actually seen that a while ago but completely forgot about it, sounds pretty cool lol.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Axe - uh you may want to message me cause I def want to clarify what I meant. I wont say anything here but just do not message me on FB the way you did next time. It's fine btw just message me right now.

Wobbles - I had it legal and ppl threw fits. I think it should be legal but people literally came up to me and wouldnt leave demanding matches to be replayed cause they got wobbled aka jerk offs. I did speak to you about it BEFORE I banned it and told you personally i am sorry for banning this. I hope you make top 8 just to put people in their place.

I do not want to really go in on anymore but I am handling an odd situation but i figure I adress those cause tbh certain people like to make things sound like they are a victum when they do not consider all the factors.
Don't worry, I'm not really blaming you or anything. That's just basically the gist of it; enough people want it banned. It hurts tournament attendance to have it legal, especially when I'm on the list of attendees and scrubs assume that I'm only going to beat them cuz it's legal.

I love putting those people in their place. Don't sweat it.

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
I wish you guys could come up with a mutually agreed upon ruleset regarding wobbling. Something where players from both sides of the line feel like they're getting something out of it. THere should really be more of a discussion regarding the situation rather than just, "these people complained so we're not doing it." I mean ignoring these people entirely is certainly not the way to go, but I don't think ignoring the people that DO want it to be legal is the way to go either. I for one am all for, "Wobbling is legal but with certain restrictions" ruleset. Anyways, not trying to step on anyones toes or point fingers but I just feel like it's something that's worth more discussion.

Good luck at Apex with or without wobbling Wobbles.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You know what would make me happy? Letting me switch to 1.0 when I need it. I don't understand why tournament hosts don't let me :( AZ tournaments are way more awesome for this reason lol

:phone:
I want to play on 1.2

I specifically request to play on 1.2

Clearly the fairest solution in this case is to play on 1.1

:troll:

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Oh god, now we have to figure out how to settle version disputes. Do we have to version strike and include version bans/CPs?

Svetsunov

Smash Apprentice
Is there a reason why we don't just declare one of the versions as the "officially" played version by our community?

How dumb would it be if we had to do version striking or something.

Lovage

Smash Hero
Is there a reason why we don't just declare one of the versions as the "officially" played version by our community?

How dumb would it be if we had to do version striking or something.
well, my understanding of it is

1.0 and 1.1 would have been printed before the 1.2 disks. 1.2 was definitely definitely packaged in the "game of the year" packaging. hate to make assumptions, but i think that's the packaging sitting in 70% of people's comes. unless you bought the game in 2001 and still got it.

so we're going to settle it with a quick a pre-tournament aggregate set of RPS, g&w hammer math, and bloody knuckles

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I vote GAW hammer math be done via multiplication rather than addition and if a team gets their result wrong they lose even if the product was larger than the other team's.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Rewinding a few pages, but I really gotta say that USA vs the World is a dumb idea, for the same reasons that were objected a year ago. It wasn't really hype either, it was just a showcase for American circlejerking. I'd much rather see some EC vs WC crew battle as it would be way more interesting, more even, more hype (since the crowd would be much more evenly divided than world vs USA...) and most of all there would actually be a rivalry, because USA vs the world is hardly anything to talk about...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I like actually hate a chunk of the candidates for the World crew right now too. So I'd prefer any arrangement that keeps me off a team they're on.

If this is unavoidable I get it though.

The Business

Smash Journeyman
I like actually hate a chunk of the candidates for the World crew right now too. So I'd prefer any arrangement that keeps me off a team they're on.

If this is unavoidable I get it though.
Become an American citizen before Apex and play for team 'murrica

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
What would a World crew be looking like right now?

Armada obviously

KK, Unknown, Kage repping Canada like last year

Leffen, some more Europeans (idk whose coming)

Javi, what other Mexicans are coming?

Probably someone from Japan

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Should just have 16 top players split up by 2 team captains, or would that too demeaning for whoever got picked last in a video game? It would probably be Kage and I doubt he got picked last in gym class so **** it.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
Rewinding a few pages, but I really gotta say that USA vs the World is a dumb idea, for the same reasons that were objected a year ago. It wasn't really hype either, it was just a showcase for American circlejerking. I'd much rather see some EC vs WC crew battle as it would be way more interesting, more even, more hype (since the crowd would be much more evenly divided than world vs USA...) and most of all there would actually be a rivalry, because USA vs the world is hardly anything to talk about...
But usa ****** the world is patriotism melee style.

Besides, "the world" really isn't shabby like you describe.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
That's an exaggeration

I don't even post 5 times a day :p

Actually, maybe I do post more than 5 times a day, but I'm too lazy to actually calculate things.
Click on your username->statistics->there it is

The Star King

Smash Hero
oh wow never noticed that before

Posts Per Day: 2.32

So it seems like I don't post 5 times per day, which means I obviously don't 10/10 posts 5 times a day lol
Thank you for pointing out the obvious exaggeration.

3/10 7,167,932th best post on this website.

Top Bottom