• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I mean I will be honest

He told me that a while ago. I may have remembered it incorrectly but bottom line is

EVERYONE SHOULD GO

Why? IT is our Championship our biggest event. Show support and be apart of something that will not happen for a very long time.

Trust me a lot of people are looking at this event outside this community to help put it above everyone else. Let's show people what we can do.

But ya Fly I wanna talk to him cause I REALLY want him to go :]

UGS.Android

Smash Cadet
My top ten XD

1. Armada
2. Mango
3. Dr.Peepee
4. M2K
5. HBox
6. Javi
7. Axe
8. Fly Amanita
9. KirbyKaze
10. (Some Player in European) :)

I hope this tournament will be awesome ;)

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
I would imagine that the USA team would be roughly the same as it was in 2012? Maybe fit shroomed in somewhere.

The world should pick up javi.
The world had Javi in 2012. World crew 2012 consisted of Javi, Kage, KirbyKaze, Unknown, Leffen, Ice, Amsah, Captain Jack (as a last minute extra) and Armada. Can't really see the world changing up their roster too much, except maybe Amsah and Captain Jack (no offense to them, just haven't seen them play since Apex 2012.) However, I could see the US crew making minor tweaks to their roster but not sure.

Svetsunov

Smash Apprentice
The world had Javi in 2012. World crew 2012 consisted of Javi, Kage, KirbyKaze, Unknown, Leffen, Ice, Amsah, and Armada. Can't really see the world changing up their roster too much, except maybe Amsah (no offense to him, just haven't seen him play since Apex 2012.) However, I could see the US crew making minor tweaks to their roster but not sure.
Oh wow you're right.

USA should definitely consider Shroomed or SFAT. Maybe Axe.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm not sure if Amsah is coming and if not, overtriforce could definitely take up his space. Also Tuga but I don't think he's coming...which is sad. I've seen him play puff a bit against javi's fox and I think one puff against a roster of spacies can really help.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
well USA will without a doubt have
Mango
Hbox
M2k
PP
Prolly will get wobbles, hax,
Maybe lucky/jman depending who goes. Jman if they both go

They have allot of good players to choose from shroomed, pewpewu, s2j, fly(if he goes) zhu and more

:phone:

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I was not picked because wobbling wasn't legal, so I imagine I won't be picked this time either.

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
My predictions for crew teams, based on absolutely nothing:

World: Javi, KirbyKaze, Kage, Ice, Unknown, Leffen, Armada and Vwins

US: Mango, Hungrybox, Dr. Peepee, Mew2king, Axe, SFAT, Shroomed, And PewPewU

US could also take Zhu, wobbles, Westballz, Hax, Hankypanky, Lucky, Fly Amanita (if he goes)... Hrm, this is harder than I thought. I feel like Mango, Hbox, PPMD, M2k and Axe are pretty much shoo-ins though. The other three are largely interchangeable.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Mango, Dr. Peepee, Hungrybox, M2K, Axe, Shroomed, Fly Amanita, Hax

It really is as simple as that. S2J would also be a good falcon choice, and Wobbles would be a good ICs choice if Fly doesn't make it.

And Zhu would make an excellent choice if this crew battle was 2 years ago -.-

Also lol, this topic isn't even about crews. I'll have to make a top 10 prediction soon. I made some really good calls last year (in particular, Kage at 33rd was my best call).

past_b

Smash Apprentice
It is all about matchups. I don't have faith that axe can beat mango hbox or armada but if things break right, he can get third at least. He can beat pp, m2k, and everyone else I think. Taj, if not rusty, will get top ten. The world will lose by eight stocks, plus/ minus. If the USA goes iceys, falcon, and pika heavy, the world loses by more. Unknown and/or sfat get top ten as an "underdog." mango wins the tourney. Lastly, Ken makes yet another appearance. Vague predictions but that is all I have.

Sacredtwin11

Smash Apprentice
It is all about matchups. I don't have faith that axe can beat mango hbox or armada but if things break right, he can get third at least. He can beat pp, m2k, and everyone else I think. Taj, if not rusty, will get top ten. The world will lose by eight stocks, plus/ minus. If the USA goes iceys, falcon, and pika heavy, the world loses by more. Unknown and/or sfat get top ten as an "underdog." mango wins the tourney. Lastly, Ken makes yet another appearance. Vague predictions but that is all I have.

Yea, we should definitely go Pika heavy because there's sooooooo many good pikachus other than axe.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
He means just having a pikachu in general as oppose to the spacies everyone's played time and time again.

Can we just agree that M2K is super character locked on sheik instead of having him try to pick someone random and arguing for minutes on stream before everyone gives up because it's just for fun?

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Can we just agree that M2K is super character locked on sheik instead of having him try to pick someone random and arguing for minutes on stream before everyone gives up because it's just for fun?
Alternately, we could just make sure everyone knows the ruleset. And have a little slip of paper with the rules on it at the setup.

Semi-related note: one of my biggest gripes with the Apex ruleset that has become semi-standard at tourneys these days is that half of people still don't seem to know what that ruleset is. Some tourneys the commentators have been like "*gasp* He took him to [insert stage]? What did he ban if he didn't ban this?" and I'm sitting at home saying "THERE ARE NO BANS IN A BEST OF FIVE UNDER THIS RULESET!"

So give the commentators a sheet of paper with the rules on it, for both the crew battle and for the rest of the tourney, or else I predict that someone on commentary will express extreme confusion over stage picks.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I made it top 8, since 10 isn't a significant number at tournaments.

1. Armada
2. Dr. PeePee
3. Mango
4. Javi
5/6. Hungrybox/Mew2king
7/8. Kribykaze/Axe

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
Rankings are weird. Take the above list... one could argue that Javi won't beat Hbox or M2K, so any ranking where Javi has to beat one of them is unlikely. However, in the same breath one could reasonably predict that Javi places 4th or that Hbox/M2K get 5th/6th, just not both.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
People don't like it being legal and he wants his ruleset to make lots of people happy.

Still rocked top 10 without it this year. Wasn't enough to make it on the crew though.

AXE 09

Smash Master
You know what would make me happy? Letting me switch to 1.0 when I need it. I don't understand why tournament hosts don't let me :( AZ tournaments are way more awesome for this reason lol

past_b

Smash Apprentice
Yeah obviously I know we only have one really good pika... I just meant that we have a handful of true counterpick characters we can throw at the world: a few falcons, a pika, two iceys, a jiggs. the world isn't quite as versed in these matchups as they are against spaces. Also, I take back about axe not being able to beat hbox and armada. I wonder how his yl would fare against the two. I know axe tried yl in one game against hbox which was relatively close.

Battlecow

Play to Win
People don't like it being legal and he wants his ruleset to make lots of people happy.

Still rocked top 10 without it this year. Wasn't enough to make it on the crew though.
Why in the everloving ****ity **** would they not put a god-tier ICE CLIMBERS player in during CREWS? You guys never don't take 6 stocks.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Axe - uh you may want to message me cause I def want to clarify what I meant. I wont say anything here but just do not message me on FB the way you did next time. It's fine btw just message me right now.

Wobbles - I had it legal and ppl threw fits. I think it should be legal but people literally came up to me and wouldnt leave demanding matches to be replayed cause they got wobbled aka jerk offs. I did speak to you about it BEFORE I banned it and told you personally i am sorry for banning this. I hope you make top 8 just to put people in their place.

I do not want to really go in on anymore but I am handling an odd situation but i figure I adress those cause tbh certain people like to make things sound like they are a victum when they do not consider all the factors.

Top Bottom