• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

Doser

Smash Ace
Hey guys.

I want you all to know that I am always playing at the EXACT SAME LEVEL ALL THE TIME. I never play any better or worse in one game compared to any other other. My skill and performance never vary or fluctuate for any reason, at any time.

I imagine this is true for all people as well. I don't think it's possible for two players to be at a certain range of skill where the outcomes of their matches will change. It's just not possible for Armada to be playing well enough to beat Mango one day, then have Mango play better the next and clinch out a set. You can always draw complete conclusions about who is superior and who will win at any given moment based on... something or other.

Yes.

This is true.
I haven't read such a childish rant in my life. The content of your post is obvious, and the fact that you felt the need to type it out just shows how insecure and upset you are.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
We can't just say, "PP beat Mango! That's awesome, I knew he could do it, grats PP!" and be excited. I don't get why not though.
Because that's boring and would leave basically nothing to talk about or get exictd about from tournament to tournament.
Its more fun to john for mango and say stuff like "mango is gonna f*** pp up so hard next time because X" etc, which then will rustle PP nation's jimmies so they will respond with stuff like "nah, PP is definitely better now because Y" and then we have some hype.

But "good job PP, see you at apex" is lame as ****.

#mangonation

Battlecow

Play to Win
I mean it's like football fans or whatever, right? Of course someone from Green bay is going to be convinced that the packers can't lose this year. The most reasonable path isn't necessarily correct.

That said, you can't like claim that the packers won the super bowl last year if they didn't. Armada's the CHAMP by any definition.

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
Stuff I'd like to see at Apex part 3:

- M2k and Armada to team again and take on Mango/Lucky in Teams GFs
- Javi vs. Lovage
- Dr. Peepee to actually look like he's not pissed off during a set for once
- Wobbles vs. Fly Aminata (spelling?) Ice Climbers ditto moneymatch
- Kage vs. Westballz
- Pewpewu vs. Mew2king Marth ditto (May have had this on one of the other ones)
- Plup vs. Darrell (Not sure if either of them are going)
- Javi vs Mew2king
- The US vs. World Crew battle to be close(r) this time
- Some faceless no name guy who no one has heard of make top ten and then have everyone go nuts about him for the next year
- More crowd hype
- Darkrain and Silentspectre need to go

outofphase

Smash Apprentice
People who think Mango is the best are kind of silly.

"That 4'2 player has great fundamentals. If he were 6'2, he could beat Kobe. He's better than Kobe!"

:phone:
ever hear the term "pound for pound the best fighter?"

either way, mango is gonna make armada his young down syndrome ****

oh and m2k would **** ppu up in a marth ditto. ppu isnt that good at dittoes and m2k taps in them

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
oh and m2k would **** ppu up in a marth ditto. ppu isnt that good at dittoes and m2k taps in them
Oh I know.

Part of it is just me wanting to see marth dittos, and learn about them as a marth main. Honestly one could argue that PPU is the 2nd or 3rd best Marth out there right now... way below m2k. (but let's not get into that.) So, PPU was pretty much the best marth I could think that could ditto Mew2king. Not saying that m2k would lose but I want to see it more for the learning experience of how to do the MU. Although I could've easily changed it to, "m2k to do marth dittos with people"

outofphase

Smash Apprentice
ya i love ppu's marth too. just so entertaining and creative. i feel like marth is in a way resting on his shoulders. he seems to be on to something that other marths havent tapped into yet. id really like to see ppu break out at apex and beat a top level player. gotta get that pika matchup down though lol

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
ya i love ppu's marth too. just so entertaining and creative. i feel like marth is in a way resting on his shoulders. he seems to be on to something that other marths havent tapped into yet. id really like to see ppu break out at apex and beat a top level player. gotta get that pika matchup down though lol
Yeah me too, can't quite put my finger on it but PPU's way of playing marth just comes off as being unique compared to other marths. I was thinking that it had something to do with the fact that he doesn't try to mimic m2k exactly (like a lot of marths seem to do), so there's a bit of a different approach/style to things with him. Not really sure how viable that is though, so if anyone feels the need to shoot down that theory, be my guest.

I'd like to see him do well also, but I don't think he's quite at "top ten at apex" level of play yet but he's definitely getting there. I mean really, I'd like everyone going to the tournament to do well. It'd be awesome to have 20-30 people who have a shot at winning GFs and not just 3 or 4.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Doser: You'd be amazed how impossible it is to get people's attention when you write out something nice, polite, and thoughtful. But then I make one that's inflammatory and sarcastic and hey! I suddenly have people wanting to talk to me about it. Results, mang. Besides, if the point was so obvious, why would people keep missing it?

I'm sorry you thought it was childish. You can eat poop.

Battlecow: "The more reasonable path isn't necessarily more correct." Um.

See, I don't mind that a, let's say, Mango fan wants Mango to win. I don't mind that they believe he has the potential, or that he has a crazy-*** Fox and a slick Falco and a Falcon that's confusing but still really good. I don't mind that they cheer and scream and hope for him to win because he's their favorite. That's great.

I get annoyed at baseless assertions that ignore actual reality. And also ones that promote unhelpful attitudes, like "well if I really TRY this time I'll get him."

JPOBS: Sorry you think the way I view reality is boring. It isn't boring to me, since I seem to get just as excited as anybody else when it comes time for the hype matches. I know who I'm cheering for and who I *hope* wins (you know, besides me), and I know WHY I hope he wins and why I'll be kind of sad if he doesn't. I also know I'm not going to come on here spraying and spewing about how he SHOUDLA won and how he's TOTALLY GONNA TAP NEXT TIME because I also have actual respect and acknowledgment of his opponents' capabilities.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Damn, I didn't remember seeing PPU before, like, late 2011. I thought that he had just popped into existence at this moment, and that he was inherently mad good.

I guess this kind of things don't happen in real life... :(
From what I can gather, PPU has been good for a long time. Not traveling lets you fly under radars and few people keep tabs on OOR.

Battlecow

Play to Win

See, I don't mind that a, let's say, Mango fan wants Mango to win. I don't mind that they believe he has the potential, or that he has a crazy-*** Fox and a slick Falco and a Falcon that's confusing but still really good. I don't mind that they cheer and scream and hope for him to win because he's their favorite. That's great.

I get annoyed at baseless assertions that ignore actual reality. And also ones that promote unhelpful attitudes, like "well if I really TRY this time I'll get him."
I'm totally against johning after the fact, I'm not saying that you should say that you "could have won" or anything. But saying that you or your boy is GOING TO WIN, showing totally baseless and inexplicable confidence, is all part of the fun IMO. So while people who say "Mango could have won easily if he tried because HE CAN'T LOSE" can eat a bag of ****s, people saying "Oh yeah, mango's gonna win apex no problem, he can't possibly lose" are just being good fans, even if they're not actually being reasonable. Whether an attitude like that is helpful for mango's skill long-term is his lookout, not mine.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Doser: You'd be amazed how impossible it is to get people's attention when you write out something nice, polite, and thoughtful. But then I make one that's inflammatory and sarcastic and hey! I suddenly have people wanting to talk to me about it. Results, mang. Besides, if the point was so obvious, why would people keep missing it?
Riley Freeman: I can't wait for people to start hating, I can't wait!
Huey Freeman: So you judge your success by the amount of ill will you generate from those around you?
Riley Freeman: Hey, if people aren't mad at you, you're doing something wrong.
Huey Freeman: By that definition then, you have a very bright future.
Riley Freeman: Thanks man.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
- Dr. Peepee to actually look like he's not pissed off during a set for once
I'm not going to lie, I chuckled.

Def feelin pretty called out right now XD

It helps me play better though it's not like I suddenly hate Melee or anything. =p

I'm sorry you thought it was childish. You can eat poop.

JPOBS: Sorry you think the way I view reality is boring. It isn't boring to me, since I seem to get just as excited as anybody else when it comes time for the hype matches. I know who I'm cheering for and who I *hope* wins (you know, besides me), and I know WHY I hope he wins and why I'll be kind of sad if he doesn't. I also know I'm not going to come on here spraying and spewing about how he SHOUDLA won and how he's TOTALLY GONNA TAP NEXT TIME because I also have actual respect and acknowledgment of his opponents' capabilities.
makes sense, but it's not exciting as you pointed out. I think part of what keeps this game(and others) alive is hype and "baseless" assertions like Mango totally tapping next time etc. Of course there is never one cause for most things, but hype is a very significant contributor to Melee's lifespan imo.

That said, you coming in as a voice of reason every so often is very refreshing and I like it. =)

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Lots of people lost to Ken first time playing. He's got good player mindset in an oldschool Marth that people aren't used to. At least, that's how I rationalize it. Also, lots of people were "starstruck" cuz they're playing THE ****ing Ken.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Everything with a # in front of it for no reason looks fake as ****

It's like doing greentext outside of 4chan

I think that should be reserved for KK. I think he'd like the term "riders" also;

[COLLAPSE=]
[/COLLAPSE]
Pretty clever. Well played.

Battlecow

Play to Win
+1 for Armadamada/Armadarmada

I like "The Bookworms" for PP's supporters. PPPeeps isn't terrible either.

Top Bottom