• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
This is what I get for trying to make a funny. I FAIL MISERABLY *Facepalms*

I blame the AP Language and Composition essay I am currently writing for frying my brain to this point. One can only take so much of George Orwell's "Shooting an Elephant" before they go utterly mad.
hmmm uhhhh BALLS.That is all

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
is taj going?

also wobbles no more 'im being a insecure homo and not entering.' i want to see you play, i don't care how much you're commentary is god-tier.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
is taj going?

also wobbles no more 'im being a PRETTY COOL DUDE AT THE END OF THE DAY and not entering.' i want to see you play, i don't care how much you're commentary is god-tier.
While I agree with the "I like when Wobbles plays" sentiment, that post managed to be like five different kinds of insensitive. Not really helping your case much.

Taj going would be a treat.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
^Because iMO people STILL TO THIS DAY, do not realize how good Axe is....Taj, was (and is STILL criticized on many things), yet he showed up at Genesis II, and put in work... and people STILL don't acknowledge his skillset... Axe is along this same line..

Eventually everyone will understand, I suppose..

I hope to be turning some heads as well... Going for more than just bracket this time, I want to show my chars potential and break the barrier n_n
Now you know how it feels!

I like the guy who had Kage in top 10 but not me.

I think that's all I plan to post in this thread.
That's ****ing right, I'm better than you!! I use Ganon and beat noobs all day.

KanyeRest

bair-condtioned nightmare
preferred results

1) hungrybox
9999) everyone else

predictions
1) armada (even serious mode mango can't top him)
2) mango
3) hungrybox
4) javi
5) peepee
6) KK
7) axe
8) fly amanita
9) s2j
10) hanky panky :yeahboi:

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I feel like top four is completely dependent on which of Mango, Armada, HBox, and PP play each other.

Look at me making assumptions that that'll be the top four in the first place.

Calling it now, Leffen takes off his mask to reveal Ken who has come from the mountaintops from years of eremitic training to take it all.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
I'd rather see an attendance list first before anything is predicted, honestly. I've got a good idea at top 3, but that's better kept quiet until I can make a proper prediction.

bolt.

Smash Ace
1 mang0
2 PP (I have faith in you. You will reach the other side of the board and be promoted to mango's queen!!!)
3 L3ff3n
4 Armada
5 Hungrybox
5 M2k
7 Unknown
7 KK
9 Javi
9 Axe
9 s2j
9 sloXify (no regional/friend bias, I swear)

past_b

Smash Apprentice
My list while it is almost impossible to predict due to bracket placements and variables...

1) Mango (If he does everything he needs to do to beat armada, no ****ing around otherwise Armada.
2) See above.
3) PP (I don't see him losing to m2k or hungrybox, i think he has them both figured out)...javi on the other hand who knows
4) Hungrybox.
5) m2k (I'd like M2k to place higher but I don't see it happening.)
5) Axe (I think he can beat anyone outside of the aforementioned top 5)
7) KK (Always placing top 10)
7) Wobbles (Always placing top 10)
9) Javi (He could give the few above him some problems...I wonder if he has any pika, ics, or jiggs experience yet)
9) Sfat or s2j!

I think I have a winning list.

Battlecow

Play to Win
everyone sleepin on PP.......

***** is not jokin around this time xD
The problem is, he never was joking around. He prepared, trained, and took seriously every major. Which is why he's so lovable, and why it's easy to imagine that he doesn't have what he had at p5 any more.

I believe in him though

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If Vectorman goes Roy or Zelda or whatever (basically, anything but Yoshi) then there's a very good shot he flubs the elimination rounds >.>

His Yoshi is far and away his best character.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I don't think enough people take into account basic match variance. You can be just under somebody in skill--so if you're "on" and they're a little "off" you can win--and then just above somebody else--creating the same situation--and all it takes is a few swings one way or the other. And then you add random matchup experience quirks and nerves and the little ups and downs that plague everybody over the course of the day, and soon everybody's all "HE'S LOST HIS TOUCH" and speculating about a new top 10 list. No human being is rock-solid consistent in victories unless they are significantly tiered away from their competition.

tl;dr if I don't make top 10 you're not allowed to say I'm bad. :smirk:

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I don't think enough people take into account basic match variance. You can be just under somebody in skill--so if you're "on" and they're a little "off" you can win--and then just above somebody else--creating the same situation--and all it takes is a few swings one way or the other. And then you add random matchup experience quirks and nerves and the little ups and downs that plague everybody over the course of the day, and soon everybody's all "HE'S LOST HIS TOUCH" and speculating about a new top 10 list. No human being is rock-solid consistent in victories unless they are significantly tiered away from their competition.

tl;dr if I don't make top 10 you're not allowed to say I'm bad. :smirk:
Best post of the thread.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Ya but it's baddies calling you bad... You shouldn't listen to them. For what or who do you play for?
You misunderstand me warrior. I play to lose.

My posturing is but a front, a deception, and a ruse.

About the fragile frame of earth a mighty fist is curled,

should I ever become the best, that fist will end the world.

So though, in truth, I definitely do possess the might,

For the sake of all alive, I gladly suffer slights,

and though it does debase me so in sight of men and God,

I'd rather stay on Earth alive and be known as a fraud.

The Star King

Smash Hero
That Kage pic is a pretty good visual representation of his post quality

@Wobbles +1 me gusta

LLDL

Smash Hero
1. Neptune
2. Neptune
3. Dr Peepee
4. DJ Nintendo
5. Mango
5. Mew2King
7. Hungrybox
7. Armada

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I like your posts a lot, Wobbles.

Hard for me to see any characters being hated more than Puff or Peach (there's more consistent Peach hate cause there are more Peaches, but Puff hate runs deeper, I think), even today, but Falco is definitely getting up there, from what I hear from people.

That being said, sorry that you enjoy a defense oriented floaty, Hbox. :\

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
1. Mango
2. Armada
3. Dr. PeePee
4. Hungrybox
5. S2J
5. KirbyKaze
7. SFAT
7. Javi
9. Axe
9. Shroomed
9. Mew2King
9. Unknown522

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
i for one hate falco more..but then i probably had too much puff experience..i actually enjoy the vs puff matchup with almost every character. people complain that jiggs is camping them..but they really should be complaining why they suck so much and run into grabs and bair constantly...
though it's true fox can't go autopilot and win against an equal level jiggs...it wouldn't hurt foxes to slow down and think occasionally.

Though sometimes I just wanted to shine the jiggs a million times till she dies..and mahone would keep using retreating aerials to cover himself so it was a little annoying..but i mean at the end of the day..you have a gun you could fire or you could just stand there safely or camp your own bair even

but falco...why is he so good...why are lasers so freaking good...

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
My casual observation from going to all regions is its definitely

1. Falco

-gap-

2. Peach

-big gap-

3. Fox
4. Puff
5. Sheik
6. Luigi/Samus
8. ICs

for most hated. Even Falco mains hate Falco these days.

Its weird how things have flipped around like that haha.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
1. Mango
2. Armada
3. Dr. PP
4. HBox
5. Javi/Fly
7. KirbyKaze/Axe
9. Leffen/S2J/Shroomed/Hax

Honestly, with 128 man brackets, there is going to be such a high degree of variance that trying to determine who places 5th-25th will be really difficult. A favorable vs. unfavorable bracket could be the difference between 7th and 25th place

Wake

Smash Master
Yeah I think Falco is the most hated character right now. I don't hate any of the top tiers in particular though. They're all absurd.

Top Bottom