• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

outofphase

Smash Apprentice
1.mango
2.hbox
3.armada
4.pp
5.fly
5.m2k
7.taj
7.kirbykaze

honestly think mango is gonna get off, courtesy of every female of close relation to everybody he plays

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
My most hated characters, in order of how badly they are designed:

Falco
Puff
Fox
ICs

The rest of the chars are relatively fine (every character is bull**** and I've come to just accept it, these are the worst offenders)

past_b

Smash Apprentice
I dislike the peach ics and jiggs matchup the most.

Also, as a falco main my favorite matchup is against Marth. As a secondary Marth main my fav matchup is against falco. I love playing against falco, it's about as even a matchup as it comes!

:phone:

Bones0

Smash Legend
y wtf? your falco....LOOL
Is it considered that bad of a matchup for ICs? Lasers don't work half the time because of Nana getting in the way, and it's stupid easy to get a KO any time they touch me. Then there's random wavesmashes to get even dumber KOs, and they can do the same thing to cover every tech option. I'm also just bad at the matchup because I've played like 20 matches vs. ICs ever.

The only characters that should hate Falcon are Marth, Peach, and Samus imo. lol @ dial-a-combo matchups.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
That matchup is hideous for ICs. Falco has easily the safest grab game against them, one of the asiest/safest/fastest Nana-gimping games, easy edgeguarding, and (if your spacing isn't atrocious) he's almost always safe against their shield.

The thing is, Falco players usually mess up, so IC players just touch them and then they die. But when your opponent ISN'T impulsive or inconsistent, the matchup is a nightmare for the ICs.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
how can you hate falcon?
Combination of the players johning up a storm whenever I so much as plug in, being horrible against him, and how boring it is to fight someone who camps the other side of the stage with dash dance or does nothing but jump around platforms.

It's the same reason I dislike fighting most low tiers. They try to win by laming you out. See: Young Link.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Mother****ing TAJ

YES

anything less than top 3 is a disappointment
Not really.... *sigh* You should be lucky, I even got him to show. You guys don't even know what I had to go through just to get him to show up, he didn't want to show up for reasons...^just like this, people's expectations go bananas, SOMETIMES players wanna show up, not worry about pressure/performance, JUST TO HAVE A GOOD time, reunite with old friends, and have a fun reunion/vacation... and then when he doesn't perform, he gets criticized, see my earlier post, in this thread somewhere... You've ALL (well mostly all) have already done it once, I'd rather him not go through this again... We all should know by now, he's one of the best.

NOTE: I'm not trying to make it sound like i'm "mad/upset about your comment" i'm not, just, that i felt was a lil overkill is all :(

What!! TAJ?!

Any idea if he'll go Marth or Mewtwo? Please Marth
Honestly probably Marth, (though he has been playing a new character ALOT as of late.. He'll likely play his Mewtwo in friendlies/MM's upon request... but his mewtwo, has not been the same, (he's stilll by far the best Mewtwo) but nowhere near his abilities since his "main" Mewtwo controller stopped working, so he's adapting to a new controller, and apparently can't do what he wants to do and some of his "cookies" with the new controller he's adapting to, so because of that hasn't been using Mewtwo much as of late.

Knowing that taj is coming changes my top ten prediction...

:phone:
This makes me :)

Combination of the players johning up a storm whenever I so much as plug in, being horrible against him, and how boring it is to fight someone who camps the other side of the stage with dash dance or does nothing but jump around platforms.

It's the same reason I dislike fighting most low tiers. They try to win by laming you out. See: Young Link.
Don't worry if we play I most definetely won't "lame" you out, that's wack... and Yoshi's not lame, so that's technically impossible anyway.. /biased <3 xD

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Roy can't lame you out KK but I will lame you out with DK

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
That matchup is hideous for ICs. Falco has easily the safest grab game against them, one of the asiest/safest/fastest Nana-gimping games, easy edgeguarding, and (if your spacing isn't atrocious) he's almost always safe against their shield.

The thing is, Falco players usually mess up, so IC players just touch them and then they die. But when your opponent ISN'T impulsive or inconsistent, the matchup is a nightmare for the ICs.
false, they **** that **** ez

Divinokage

Smash Legend

So you basically hate someone that uses the same style against you? lol.

You think it's fun being CG?

Battlecow

Play to Win
Not really.... *sigh* You should be lucky, I even got him to show. You guys don't even know what I had to go through just to get him to show up, he didn't want to show up for reasons...^just like this, people's expectations go bananas, SOMETIMES players wanna show up, not worry about pressure/performance, JUST TO HAVE A GOOD time, reunite with old friends, and have a fun reunion/vacation... and then when he doesn't perform, he gets criticized, see my earlier post, in this thread somewhere... You've ALL (well mostly all) have already done it once, I'd rather him not go through this again... We all should know by now, he's one of the best.

NOTE: I'm not trying to make it sound like i'm "mad/upset about your comment" i'm not, just, that i felt was a lil overkill is all :(
It was a joke, based on how it would be ridiculous to "expect" taj to get top 3 again. I'm just glad he's going.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
So you basically hate someone that uses the same style against you? lol.

You think it's fun being CG?
Being comboed isn't the same as someone trying to time you out (a la YL) or trying to play the MU as non-interactively as possible (platform camps, etc).

*shrug*

Just a preference. In some ways I like seeing Falcos in my bracket just because it's not really beneficial for the character to do that.

edit: FWIW most good players don't try this stuff. I don't wanna make it seem like I'm calling out S2J or whatever because I'm not. Most good players are legitimately fun to play for me, even defensively extreme ones (and even if I hate their character). I just dislike efforts to make the game non-interactive in the neutral game by funneling everything into quasi-stalemate tactics.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Being comboed isn't the same as someone trying to time you out (a la YL) or trying to play the MU as non-interactively as possible (platform camps, etc).

*shrug*

Just a preference. In some ways I like seeing Falcos in my bracket just because it's not really beneficial for the character to do that.
Ya but you do realize people do it to you because you are Sheik + your style?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Oh, I understand why they do it. I kill people by touching them. Any means to not be touched is therefore preferable to something that could involve them being touched. Movement-centric camping strats that focus on platform abuse are an immediately obvious way to do so. So I get it, I really do.

That said, it doesn't make it any funner to fight.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
How can Falcon be anything but the most hate-worthy character in this game?
The only character in this game that I legitimately hate, and will for all time, is Falcon. It's a mix of the underserved love he gets, mixed with his faceroll EASY auto-combos, his stupid speed + dash dance...I literally JUST get dash danced until I decide to do something.

Yeah, I main Peach. This is biased. I don't care.

FoxoF

Smash Cadet
How has Chillindude829 not been mentioned in this thread yet.

That guy is definitely getting top 10 no question, cmon y'all

Bones0

Smash Legend

What do you mean by safest grab game? Do you mean how dthrow and fthrow hit the non-grabbed IC, or are you referring to something else?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I mean that laser->grab is very hard for them to stop without taking giant risks, d-throw splits them up and leads to ridiculously safe comboing for a bunch of reasons, f-throw isn't guaranteed safe but if you grab Popo it's a godlike setup for Nana-killing. Other characters risk getting effed up when they grab ICs, Falco does not because his D-throw is such a jerk.

Trail: If you have anti-Falco technology that I'm not aware of--that actually works on good Falcos--I want it. I will sell you my least necessary organs to have it. And bear in mind the Falco I want to beat is PP, since other Falcos make mistakes at least 4 times a match so I beat them. Axe crushes me in friendlies with Falco but in tournament I just turtle up and wait for the jitters to get him.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Lol falco, the most HATED?

Lol, no, that would be marth sheik and peach. The gayest characters in Koridai....or else you will die.

10th

Smash Cadet
Predictions:
-Standard top 5 list of mango, armada, pp, hbox, m2k
-Mango will use fox for the first few games against armada, win 1 or 2, then lose 2, then he'll switch to falcon and win the set
-Hbox tries puff against armada's yl, loses first game, switches to ness, wins 1, loses the next, switches back to puff and plays flawlessly to win the set
-PP loses to M2k somewhere in the tourney
*Hbox plays brawl crews again and beats ally with his puff; make it happen!*

Hopes:
-Mango wins apex, USA flags wave and parties for the next week
-Americans will body the japanese at brawl?
-Chillin, PC, M2k get high placings
-M2k keeps his cool and *****

- commentating team of Homemadewaffles and Dendy Pretendy for all Mango matches
This too

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
I mean that laser->grab is very hard for them to stop without taking giant risks, d-throw splits them up and leads to ridiculously safe comboing for a bunch of reasons, f-throw isn't guaranteed safe but if you grab Popo it's a godlike setup for Nana-killing. Other characters risk getting effed up when they grab ICs, Falco does not because his D-throw is such a jerk.

Trail: If you have anti-Falco technology that I'm not aware of--that actually works on good Falcos--I want it. I will sell you my least necessary organs to have it. And bear in mind the Falco I want to beat is PP, since other Falcos make mistakes at least 4 times a match so I beat them. Axe crushes me in friendlies with Falco but in tournament I just turtle up and wait for the jitters to get him.
I think its more of a matter of movement. I don't like the turtle up approach with them against the bird. It's been awhile since ive played a top top falco, but aside from a couple people, that may just be better at the game than either of us, Ice climbers seem to handle the bird rather well.

Top Bottom