• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
If the Falco can L-cancel and doesn't get stuffed up by projectiles, the MU seems not 'free' but probably not that close to even. There's also that thing where downthrow is really good.

And lasers, used well, desync them and make separating them easier. Nana getting in the way doesn't actually matter that much, cause you're not using the lasers to stun Popo, really.

To sir Rest: Hated him since I started playing. Looong before I met you.

KanyeRest

bair-condtioned nightmare
if wobbles and/or waffles isn't commentating i'm done.
actually this forever. preferably both.

The only character in this game that I legitimately hate, and will for all time, is Falcon. It's a mix of the underserved love he gets, mixed with his faceroll EASY auto-combos, his stupid speed + dash dance...I literally JUST get dash danced until I decide to do something.

Yeah, I main Peach. This is biased. I don't care.
you just mad you got bodied (once) by my pro (noob) falcon

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
If the Falco can L-cancel and doesn't get stuffed up by projectiles, the MU seems not 'free' but probably not that close to even. There's also that thing where downthrow is really good.

And lasers, used well, desync them and make separating them easier. Nana getting in the way doesn't actually matter that much, cause you're not using the lasers to stun Popo, really.

To sir Rest: Hated him since I started playing. Looong before I met you.
Lasers aren't really that big of a deal, they are able to disrupt him with blocks. That being said the ice climbers can also charge into lasers and force their way into falco with a smash while the other one tanks the laser. Jumping at him with sh blizzard also keeps nana blizzarding while the laser knocks popo out of his blizzard, allowing him to attack/grab falco while nana is still blizzarding him. They killshis *** at low percentages and he seems to have a harder time getting out of their basic grab combos than fox. I can't see this matchup being anything more than a 60-40 advantage for Falco, although I think its more of a 60-40 advantage for the ICs. Chu did pretty damn good against PP utilizing a more neutral-game based style of ice climbers play, which is how I think they need to play against Falco. Theory bros tho, I still havn't lost to a falco in a tournament dating back like 5 years to beating forward in his prime. I don't think im good enough to beat PP, not many people are... regardless of what character they play. I'd like to give Axe a try tho, perhaps at Apex we can do a lil money match wobbles, $10 that I can beat Axe's falco in a best of 3 on neutrals. Laser grabs.... don't hang out in ur shield, reset to safe positions.

Tomber

Smash Journeyman
I mean that laser->grab is very hard for them to stop without taking giant risks, d-throw splits them up and leads to ridiculously safe comboing for a bunch of reasons, f-throw isn't guaranteed safe but if you grab Popo it's a godlike setup for Nana-killing.
I can't see why IC should be any worse at handling laser->grab compared to other characters. You can still power shield the laser if the Falco player goes for laser->grab straight up a lot, not to talk about the stuff Trail mentioned. Yeah, Falco can do a lot to ICs off a grab, like a lot of characters can do off a single hit against them, but why should it be easier for Falco to get a grab in this match up? If Falco gets a grab you probably just got outplayed.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
People who hate falcon are just mad cuz they play ghey characters and falcon is the unconditionally handsome straight man who just flat out said no to their homosexual advances.

Sorry bros, he just doesn't swing that way.

AXE 09

Smash Master
You can still power shield the laser if the Falco player goes for laser->grab straight up a lot,
They really can't actually lol. When Popo powershields the laser, Nana still gets hit by it.

@Trail we can do a $10 MM at Apex, Falco vs IC's.

:phone:

Tomber

Smash Journeyman
That is just a rumor. ICs can power shield just fine. You need to run into the laser before you shield, however. It's only the standing power shield that doesn't work consistently with ICs.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
1. Hax
2. M2k
3. Mango
4. Armada
5. Unknown522
5.Wobbles
7.Kirbykaze
7.Hbox
9.Zhu
9.S2j
9.Javi
9.Amsah

strawhats

Smash Master
Does somebody know which Europeans are going to this?

Armada, Leffen, Ice, Fuzzy?

Amsah, Remen, Zgetto, Over, Frenchies maybe?
hmmm...Armada, Ice, Fuzzyness, Leffen, Over (i think), Amsah (I'm hoping he comes. love his sheik), Strawhat Dahean(again hoping he comes), NamiNami, and Paju (Finland's pride and joys. I miss Neutroni though)

I think I heard/read somewhere on the KFC2 stream that Zgetto might be going to Apex (not sure of this though)

the real jman

Smash Apprentice
Not really sure about a top ten list, but instead here's a list of things I'd like to see:

- Mew2king get in the right mindset and be a serious contender for 1st place
- At least one puff ditto between mango and hbox
- Wobbles needs to play (and commentate)
- commentating team of Homemadewaffles and Dendy Pretendy for all Mango matches
- A low/mid tier make the top ten
- A not U.S vs. World crew battle
- Rematch between PP vs. Javi
- Armada to be sent to the losers bracket (think it'd be more exciting if he does make it back to GF)
- Falco dittos between PP and Mango
- m2k vs. Armada
- Zenith rematch between m2k and PP
- Darkrain to make top ten (assuming he's going)
- Mango to go not-fox for one match against Armada
- KK to make at least top 5
- Jman vs. Javi (non crew battle match)
- Wobbles and ChuDat team
Possibly more to come...
Well I wont be at the ****ty tourney to play this ****ty game so just reamember me b-throwing and shineing his dumb *** like 2 time in 1 game

:phone:

R2_GP

Smash Journeyman
it's hard to say who will win next year, mango is been doing great, i really want m2k whould step up his game again,.... but please!! no jigglypuff must get to L/G FINALS! seriously, poeple were leaving during GF last year! :(

Armada

Smash Lord
Me/Leffen/Volvo (new guy from Sweden/Fuzzy/Paju/NamiNami is the ones that is confirmed
Ice is most likely going

Over is trying to but it all depends on if he can afford it or not.
Amsah is not coming

No idea about Strawhat

strawhats

Smash Master
Me/Leffen/Volvo (new guy from Sweden/Fuzzy/Paju/NamiNami is the ones that is confirmed
Ice is most likely going

Amsah is not coming

No idea about Strawhat
sad face at no Amsah at Apex 2013...also no Aniolas?

lol @ Alex Strife.

_Xanatos_

Smash Apprentice
1. Mango
2. Armada
3. Hbox
4. PP
5. Axe
6. M2K
7. Javi
8. Kirbykaze
9. Wobbles
10. S2j

The top 4 will all be close. I think that Mango's only tough match will be Armada, and I hope he wins. However, I don't think anyone can accurately predict who will win this one.

As for Armada, he might lose to PP and/or Hbox as well. Armada's YL isn't necessarily going to keep beating Hbox, especially if Hbox works at the matchup. Also, PP almost beat Armada at Smasher's Reunion. It came down to the last stock of the 5th match of the 3rd set between them. Armada is by no means a clear winner.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
1. Mango
2. Armada
3. Hbox
4. PP
5. Axe
6. M2K
7. Javi
8. Kirbykaze
9. Wobbles
10. S2j

The top 4 will all be close. I think that Mango's only tough match will be Armada, and I hope he wins. However, I don't think anyone can accurately predict who will win this one.

As for Armada, he might lose to PP and/or Hbox as well. Armada's YL isn't necessarily going to keep beating Hbox, especially if Hbox works at the matchup. Also, PP almost beat Armada at Smasher's Reunion. It came down to the last stock of the 5th match of the 3rd set between them. Armada is by no means a clear winner.
Heh, the sets were bo7 bro.

Beat!

Smash Master
Ice is most likely going

Amsah is not coming

No idea about Strawhat
Volvo's going to Apex?!?!?!??!

UPPSALA REP LE'Z GO

Volvagia

Smash Apprentice
Volvo's going to Apex?!?!?!??!

UPPSALA REP LE'Z GO
Yup, I'm going. Tickets are already booked. Guess I haven't told that many about it yet since I haven't met many smashers recently (I need to play more). Time to practice a lot and make Uppsala proud lol.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Yup, I'm going. Tickets are already booked. Guess I haven't told that many about it yet since I haven't met many smashers recently (I need to play more). Time to practice a lot and make Uppsala proud lol.
Your tag...

I automatically respect you as a player.

Volvagia

Smash Apprentice
Beat - That sounds great. Midterm exams is over in a week and I'll have much more time to play Smash during the second half of the semester.

ShroudedOne - Haha, thanks. Here in Sweden everyone calls me the name of a car company.

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
Idk why everyone pronounces Volvagia that way. I thought the proper way was vol-vah-gia

the "gia" part I thought was pronunced like the "gia" in "lugia"

Top Bottom