• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The untapped potential of Shieldbreaker

Shök

Smash Champion
Yeah it's an amazing Move.
You can Fair to Shield Breaker. Bretty hard to dodge. Ur opponent will be expecting another fair, and probably shielding. An amazingly fun tactic. Just tip an F-Smash and they're screwed.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Yeah it's an amazing Move.
You can Fair to Shield Breaker. Bretty hard to dodge. Ur opponent will be expecting another fair, and probably shielding. An amazingly fun tactic. Just tip an F-Smash and they're screwed.
Don't use fsmash after you break the shield unless they are already at a high %. Just charge up another shield breaker, much better knock back.

Ether

Smash Ace
Dtilt -> shieldbreaker works wonders, but how do you set up the dtilt in Brawl? In Melee, you could WD forward->dtilt. Maybe short hop double fair (intentionally whiff just to close in and approach), land within dtilt range and dtilt->shieldbreaker.

It seems frustrating trying to learn shieldbreaker tactics against good opponents. If anyone gets frustrated, try practicing on low level cpus for a little while to get more comfortable with timing and spacing.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Perfect shielding gets rid of the point of this move =/

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Perfect shielding gets rid of the point of this move =/
Um... actually think about this for one moment.

In order to perfect shield, you must shield within the a few frames of the attack hitting you. This means that in order for them to Perfect Shield, they didn't have their shield up before I started using the attack.

Now think about that...

Really think about it...

Have you really thought about it?

Why the deuce would I Shieldbreaker an opponent who DOESN'T have a shield up? The ONLY time I can think of doing that is to use the extra range of the move, which the entire point would be to do a safe poke, which I would have accomplished anyway.

So essentially, the perfect shielding argument is moot. I only use Shieldbreaker to punish people who consistently shield my approaches and in order to do that, they must have been HOLDING the shield up in the first place...

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Omg... I just thought I should share this...

Snake... chaingrab right? Ever thought of what to finish that CG with when you get to the end of the stage? SHIELDBREAKER! It's fast enough, and has such a good range, its practically free 8% damage and a good knockback to start edgeguaring with....

Against people who aren't Snake... F-Throw -> Shieldbreaker is practically guaranteed.

God, I love this move...

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Um... actually think about this for one moment.

In order to perfect shield, you must shield within the a few frames of the attack hitting you. This means that in order for them to Perfect Shield, they didn't have their shield up before I started using the attack.

Now think about that...

Really think about it...

Have you really thought about it?

Why the deuce would I Shieldbreaker an opponent who DOESN'T have a shield up? The ONLY time I can think of doing that is to use the extra range of the move, which the entire point would be to do a safe poke, which I would have accomplished anyway.

So essentially, the perfect shielding argument is moot. I only use Shieldbreaker to punish people who consistently shield my approaches and in order to do that, they must have been HOLDING the shield up in the first place...
lol my friend is good enough and smart enough to realize that you can take down your shield and put it up again. I did dancing blade and he perfected shielded the first three hits but scrwd up the fourth. And I was like O.o "you can do that?" I'm just saying that they can still perfect shield the shieldbreaker even w/ their shield up if they are smart enough, don't want to start an argument.

Also about your above point. You can CG snake w/ f-throw? To what %'s b/c I thought it was only spacies. About f-throw to shieldbreaker. I also thought it would be really useful but opponents touch the ground early enough that if their first reaction is shielding than they will perfect shield the shieldbreaker. But you can always mix up the timing for it so no worries.

Suoinegni

Smash Apprentice
Why would someone (competent) shield after being thrown? That's just asking to be thrown again. I say this now, but I guarantee I'll make that mistake sometime in the near future.

Or maybe I'm not thinking correctly... I'll be more coherent when it isn't 2:40-something in the morning. Feel free to disregard this. I have no idea what I'm talking about. -.-;

OmegaSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Why would someone (competent) shield after being thrown? That's just asking to be thrown again. I say this now, but I guarantee I'll make that mistake sometime in the near future.

Or maybe I'm not thinking correctly... I'll be more coherent when it isn't 2:40-something in the morning. Feel free to disregard this. I have no idea what I'm talking about. -.-;
He was talking about the edge of the stage. Throw the opponent off the edge and do a Shieldbreaker.

Suoinegni

Smash Apprentice
He was talking about the edge of the stage. Throw the opponent off the edge and do a Shieldbreaker.
Also about your above point. You can CG snake w/ f-throw? To what %'s b/c I thought it was only spacies. About f-throw to shieldbreaker. I also thought it would be really useful but opponents touch the ground early enough that if their first reaction is shielding than they will perfect shield the shieldbreaker. But you can always mix up the timing for it so no worries.
I was commenting on this part more than anything. Maybe he is talking about throwing off the side of the edge and I just don't see it. I need to quote more >_>

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
lol my friend is good enough and smart enough to realize that you can take down your shield and put it up again. I did dancing blade and he perfected shielded the first three hits but scrwd up the fourth. And I was like O.o "you can do that?" I'm just saying that they can still perfect shield the shieldbreaker even w/ their shield up if they are smart enough, don't want to start an argument.

I wasn't aware that you could shield drop and replace the shield that fast! Not good at all...

Well, Shieldbreaker, even if it doesn't reduce the shield, is still an extremely good poke. I elaborated this in another post. I use Shieldbreaker less and less as a way to break shields and more and more as a way to hit opponents that think they are out of my range. The massive shield damage is just a bonus really.

You can chain-grab Snake at low %'s, close to 0. Nearly useless at higher percentages, but potential early edge-guards versus Snake are things to aim for. And, yes, people DO hit the ground before you can Shieldbreaker... but thats where conditioning comes in. Will I follow immediately with a Shieldbreaker, or punish you for trying to power-shield by dash-grabbing?

Thats why Shieldbreaker is really awesome... it conditions your opponent to makes themselves vulnerable that they rarely expect, let alone can successfully predict and punish. ^^

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I have been utilizing this more and more and now it's one of my mainstay poking tools.

Plus it sends enemies at a really low trajectory which is great for edgeguarding.

I still need to work on my set-ups for breaking shields though.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I have been utilizing this more and more and now it's one of my mainstay poking tools.

Plus it sends enemies at a really low trajectory which is great for edgeguarding.

I still need to work on my set-ups for breaking shields though.
I would suggest ledge hopped Shield Breakers aainst enemies too far away to Fair. It's also great when reversed via B Reversal, and is rarely expected. * Nod *

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I would suggest ledge hopped Shield Breakers aainst enemies too far away to Fair. It's also great when reversed via B Reversal, and is rarely expected. * Nod *
That's actually the most hilarious, and yet suprisingly effective setup, ever.

It worked on my friend once, and then he basically stopped trying to edgeguard me for the rest of the match.

lol conditioned responses. It's like Marth himself just loves to get in people's heads, and I'm not really trying...at all.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I know this should NEVER happen against a good player but....
I got knocked far off the stage by an mk today. I charged a shieldbreaker, went UNDER the stage(final d), used my second jump with a dancing blade, and dolphin slashed. Saved me from a gimping. LOL

I wasn't pointing out so much that you could do that since it's already known Marth can go under final d. Just thought I'd share the fact that it actually helped me for once since I was sure mk was gonna destroy me off the stage(I was around 175%?)

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
I cant ever go under final D so good job. Either way sheildbreaker mindgames like nobodys business. Breaking a shield just reeks of pwnage too. I would laugh at someone who lets me get them with a fthrow > shieldbreaker (not that i think it doesnt work). That set up is easy :))

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
One of my favorite things to do with shield-breaker is, charge it up even when I am a considerable distance away from my opponent. Then once it releases and they rush in to try and punish me, I whack them with a fsmash or a dolphin slash. I've been surprised how often this works. Although, I think if they time it perfectly, they can get in.

DireklianCliff

Smash Cadet
So is it just me or do MOST people never realize just how powerful Shield Breaker is in Brawl? Grifflame and I saw the power of it on our very first match in Brawl, and ever since then I always worked to use it to the fullest. But most of the time in peoples' vids they never even attempt it.

OmegaSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
So is it just me or do MOST people never realize just how powerful Shield Breaker is in Brawl? Grifflame and I saw the power of it on our very first match in Brawl, and ever since then I always worked to use it to the fullest. But most of the time in peoples' vids they never even attempt it.
I think people don't use it because they think it's really slow, laggy and unreliable.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
lol

tenshieldbreakers
He has a point though. Out of all of Marth's options, Shield Breaker is really the slowest one (except maybe Usmash?), and then there's recoil lag too.

It's an option, and a good one, but usually not the best. I'm quite sure the "playing to win" mentality does not associate with the "use all of your moveset for lulz" mentality.

Sometimes it's an invaluable tool, sometimes it's nothing but an unnecessarily risky move to use; it can't always find a use in the midst of battle.

It, however, usually does for me.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
He has a point though. Out of all of Marth's options, Shield Breaker is really the slowest one (except maybe Usmash?), and then there's recoil lag too.

It's an option, and a good one, but usually not the best. I'm quite sure the "playing to win" mentality does not associate with the "use all of your moveset for lulz" mentality.

Sometimes it's an invaluable tool, sometimes it's nothing but an unnecessarily risky move to use; it can't always find a use in the midst of battle.

It, however, usually does for me.
It really doesn't have that much ending lag. It's also a very long range attack that discourages shielding and encourages spotdodgees and rolls, which is just asking for some dancing blade spam.

And OmegaSephiroth was joking, thus the "that's because they think it's really slow, laggy and unreliable[/quote] It may not come out that quickly in comparison to his other moves, but it has very little ending lag, and is very hard to punish when properly spaced. And the "they won't shield for the next 20 seconds or so" thing isn't a joke, people seriously freak out after almost having their shield broken in one hit. It changes the way that they play (very predictably might I add).

I honestly consider it one of Marth's best moves. It's not really spammable (well, I spam it when I'm at a distance anyway), but it's still a pretty safe and very effective move, even just for poking people and outranging attacks.

DireklianCliff

Smash Cadet
Maybe I'm just the SB master, then? I was playing with my friend today, and even though we're both completely familiar with each other's playstyle, I was scoring shattered shields in almost 30% of the matches total.

The main thing, I think, is a lot of people spam FSmash, but if they used SB half of the time (instead of smashing) they would have caught their foe's shield. Instead, their FSmash gets shielded, and then they get punished.

Plus, there are all sorts of ways to utilize the SB, many of which were already covered by ELord and Meep at the beginning of this thread. If you're constantly using DB, and they're blocking through the whole thing and grabbing you, you can mix it up by stopping after the first DB strike and SBing. You'll catch them. Almost all of the combos ELord and Meep pointed out works. I tried them out today and it was marvelous.

The thing is, a lot of people expect Marth to always use the quickest solution he has at his disposal. So if you're smart, they'll anticipate the quickness, and then get punished by the slower SB.

Maybe I use the SB too much, but I from what I've seen, it's generally better to throw out a SB than to have a FSmash blocked.

EDIT: lol Sonic Wave responded better than I did....

And what do you mean about the mentalities? From the vids I've watched and critiqued, the main thing I saw leading to peoples' losses was not using all of Marth's moves. Each technique has a purpose, and you have to use each one properly. In every match I use almost every single Marth move at least once.....

VietGeek

Smash Hero
DireklianCliff, maybe your friend shields too much and that's why you can break his shield every now and then, but my friend rarely needs to shield. Either that or we're all homo and usually do a good job perfect shielding most crap that doesn't come out on frame 4, lawl. Either that or if you're ROB, just rollllllllll aawwaaaaayyyy.

Maybe I can't dish it out pwnsomely because just as I'm accustomed to perfect shielding almost every laser or gyro that comes at me, my friend can shield SB perfectly almost on reaction. Crazy? Not really. Brawl is slow enough that one can do that, especially since Marth's animation is very unique for SB. And then the shieldgrabbing and projectile spamming comes (for if it's shielded, there IS a noticeable amount of lag). You may be thinking: "Why use it on someone NOT having their shield up?" Well, for one, even if he has it up, the lag from canceling a shield is so small that he can break another one up very quickly. That allows for stuff like DB to be perfect shielded.

And I don't even dish out the move that often.

I don't know, but I guess I should get friends that suck at Brawl.

Ah, and if they spotdodge SB, most of the better members of the cast can get away or punish before you can be doing your DB ****. Even if it is spaced perfectly, a ROB can spotdodge, and Fair you/grab you. Sure, compared to eating a Nair or a Fsmash/Dsmash, that's pretty low-risk, but I don't like eating fuxing Fairs kthx.

As for the mentalities, I meant that while using all of your moveset is great, sometimes you just can't, or that there's no need to. If I'm great making a pressure wall with Fair, why should I mix it up with Uair or Nair if the same affect is achieved and my opponent cannot break through it? That's why it said "for lulz." That means using the move to say you use it. If you need to change it up, then please do. Condition them to make a counter to that wall, then change it up accordingly. Let's no show off all the tricks if we don't need to.

So rephrased: If there's a good option for a particular moment, then use it. SB is a situational move, and while it has such good properties, there are some matches where I knew that the move was nothing more than a high-risk-high-reward move that I rather not gamble on. Therefore in those matches, you'd never see me do SB. So yes, if I asked for a critique, I would expect some people to say: "Ah, you could have used Shield Breaker at X:XX." I could have, but at the time, I either found it unreasonably risky, unnecessary (especially if I already have the lead), or it did not cross my mind (err, no excuse here).

That being said, I love the move, but it just doesn't have that magic for me. Then again that ROB has seen some of the more elaborate mindgames I've pulled out; and I currently don't have anymore tricks that he can't just roll away and press B on his GCN controller and hope that I don't perfect shield. He for some reason cannot be conditioned. I should play Lightning Brawl with him and see how I fare there, lol.

Yes, Brawl at highest level play will all be about the **** that is shielding and rolling and we'll all fall asleep watching. Lovely, yes? That's why I play Brawl. <_<

Err, I don't even know what I'm saying anymore. So I'll just shut-up, mmkay?

TL;DR: Shield Breaker is ****, but VietGeek cannot **** with it. Mmkay?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
One word: decay.
If they're getting hit by the wall; then that's their problem, decay or not. They usually adapt if they're getting ***** by the wall. Decay only applies if you hit with the move in question.

Personally, what I meant was that the person would probably not try a ground approach against Fair simply because it swoops down so, so they'll either try to approach high, or on par in aerial level, simply put, that's where Nair/Uair comes in and creates a new barrier. Chances are high they'll be able to surpass all, and that's where you dish out new tricks and methods. So as long as you control the match, and keep it that way, it doesn't matter how predictable you are: They can't get through it, they don't win.

Even a Fair decayed to the bone still has enough knockback to create a wall. The wall doesn't need to kill, it just needs to keep you from being killed.

But yeah, we use Fair for killing too, so don't decay it too much. And using it for a wall and having it decayed that way tells you something about who you are fighting.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Marth's animation is very unique for SB. And then the shieldgrabbing and projectile spamming comes (for if it's shielded, there IS a noticeable amount of lag).
Umm.... A spaced shield breaker cannot be shield grabbed. And most projectiles are too slow to hit you in the lag (as in, you could shield them by the time they reach you).
You may be thinking: "Why use it on someone NOT having their shield up?" Well, for one, even if he has it up, the lag from canceling a shield is so small that he can break another one up very quickly. That allows for stuff like DB to be perfect shielded.
If he's perfect shielding DB, then you need to mix up your timing more.
Ah, and if they spotdodge SB, most of the better members of the cast can get away or punish before you can be doing your DB ****.
Get away, yes. Punish, no. Most of them can't punish you because you're too far. If you're in range to follow up with a DB then you really are too close.
Even if it is spaced perfectly, a ROB can spotdodge, and Fair you/grab you.
He can't grab you, as you can just up B. I'm pretty sure you can also roll before he can fair.

Sure, compared to eating a Nair or a Fsmash/Dsmash, that's pretty low-risk, but I don't like eating fuxing Fairs kthx.
Then space it better dude. From what it sounds like, you're trying to use DB after it, which means you are too close.
As for the mentalities, I meant that while using all of your moveset is great, sometimes you just can't, or that there's no need to. If I'm great making a pressure wall with Fair, why should I mix it up with Uair or Nair if the same affect is achieved and my opponent cannot break through it?
That's a terrible example. Uair is great for juggling opponents, and Nair is Marth's strongest aerial, yet at the same time his fastest!
That's why it said "for lulz." That means using the move to say you use it.
I use shield breakers to get them to shield less and spotdodge or roll more. Once they start doing that, I switch to using DB more to make them shield more. It's not "for lulz," it's f'ing conditioning.
If you need to change it up, then please do. Condition them to make a counter to that wall, then change it up accordingly. Let's no show off all the tricks if we don't need to.
That's exactly what I'm doing. Shielding is the simpliest and most effective way to defend against Marth's attacks. You get to punish some of his laggier attacks, you don't risk getting eaten out of a spotdodge or roll, and Marth simply doesn't break through it that effectively (grabs don't do that much damage, his pokes do negligible damage as well, and there's plenty of time to just run away after shielding an attack). The solution? Make them shield less by making them think you'd break their shield!
So rephrased: If there's a good option for a particular moment, then use it. SB is a situational move, and while it has such good properties, there are some matches where I knew that the move was nothing more than a high-risk-high-reward move that I rather not gamble on. Therefore in those matches, you'd never see me do SB.
And?, How is this new? I wouldn't be fair spamming against a Metaknight or Snake, but that doesn't mean it's not normally a good move.
So yes, if I asked for a critique, I would expect some people to say: "Ah, you could have used Shield Breaker at X:XX." I could have, but at the time, I either found it unreasonably risky, unnecessary (especially if I already have the lead)
Sometimes it really could help though. Like if you notice that your opponent is shielding most of your attacks and doing very little rolling or spotdodging, then you fit in a shieldbreaker so that they change (rolls and spotdodges are easier to punish IMO, or at least you do more damage punishing those).
That being said, I love the move, but it just doesn't have that magic for me. Then again that ROB has seen some of the more elaborate mindgames I've pulled out; and I currently don't have anymore tricks that he can't just roll away and press B on his GCN controller and hope that I don't perfect shield. He for some reason cannot be conditioned. I should play Lightning Brawl with him and see how I fare there, lol.
Maybe it's because he hasn't been getting punished for rolling and spotdodging, so he keeps doing it?
Yes, Brawl at highest level play will all be about the **** that is shielding and rolling and we'll all fall asleep watching. Lovely, yes? That's why I play Brawl. <_<
Shielding-shield breaker. Rolling-DB. Spotdodging-DB.
TL;DR: Shield Breaker is ****, but VietGeek cannot **** with it. Mmkay?
Also, we've all heard that before. If it's working, keep doing it. But that's exactly what's happening to you in case you didn't notice. Your friend is rolling and not getting punished, so he's just going to keep doing it. The reason that you're not landig shield breaker, is because you've already conditioned him to roll more than shield. So what do you do? You turn it around and punish rolls instead of shields, to make it turn back around. Your opponent doesn't have to suck for this to work, heck they can even be better than you and it still works. You just have to know how to punish both scenerios, and use one to condition your opponent to do the other. If they shield alot, break their shield and get a free KO (or just make them fear getting their shield broken). If they roll alot, just eat through them with DB and rack tons of free damage.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Umm.... A spaced shield breaker cannot be shield grabbed. And most projectiles are too slow to hit you in the lag (as in, you could shield them by the time they reach you).
I'm sorry, I meant dashgrabbed. Although I'm assuming a tether user could probably shieldgrab you.

If he's perfect shielding DB, then you need to mix up your timing more.
I meant Shield Breaker, I think. I messed up and typed the wrong acronym. But yes, if he's perfect shielding DB, then I would need to do that, wouldn't I?

Get away, yes. Punish, no. Most of them can't punish you because you're too far. If you're in range to follow up with a DB then you really are too close.
You're right, most can't follow up, hence the overall low-risk-high-reward thing. Last sentence is pretty truthful.

He can't grab you, as you can just up B. I'm pretty sure you can also roll before he can fair.
I don't know, ROB's Fair might be one of the quickest Fairs in the game. I would usually get pretty close to eating one even perfectly spaced and he spotdodges the SB for example/some other quick-low lag defensive move.

Then space it better dude. From what it sounds like, you're trying to use DB after it, which means you are too close.
I actually try to shield/roll away since most of the time I can't follow up.

That's a terrible example. Uair is great for juggling opponents, and Nair is Marth's strongest aerial, yet at the same time his fastest!
I don't know, help me find a better example. Thinking up of good examples isn't my strong point at all. You can still create a "wall" with the two aerials though. My response was meant to mean that even if you have other options, you don't need to use all of them. Or at least I think that's what I meant. My short-term memory is horrible. ><

I use shield breakers to get them to shield less and spotdodge or roll more. Once they start doing that, I switch to using DB more to make them shield more. It's not "for lulz," it's f'ing conditioning.
I guess going to GameFAQs too much has rubbed off on me. Theoretically though, your point is sound. I'm going to agree with it since I don't find a point on trying to argue on it. But if your opponent isn't adapting, there's no point to change, right?

That's exactly what I'm doing. Shielding is the simpliest and most effective way to defend against Marth's attacks. You get to punish some of his laggier attacks, you don't risk getting eaten out of a spotdodge or roll, and Marth simply doesn't break through it that effectively (grabs don't do that much damage, his pokes do negligible damage as well, and there's plenty of time to just run away after shielding an attack). The solution? Make them shield less by making them think you'd break their shield!
This works on people I don't often face. Perhaps conventional rules of psychological effects of reactive play do not apply to those that you face every time?

And?, How is this new? I wouldn't be fair spamming against a Metaknight or Snake, but that doesn't mean it's not normally a good move.
I'm not trying to get credit for old discoveries. I was trying to prove my point. Did it work? I don't know. But wasting half an hour typing all that **** just to delete it later makes it seem wasteful. If I waste away my life, I might as well submit and see what happens (especially since very little could happen to me negatively from posting on a message board, lol).

Sometimes it really could help though. Like if you notice that your opponent is shielding most of your attacks and doing very little rolling or spotdodging, then you fit in a shieldbreaker so that they change (rolls and spotdodges are easier to punish IMO, or at least you do more damage punishing those).
Maybe our opinions are different, but I find punishing shields to be much easier. It might depend on the opponent though as well (both player and character).

Maybe it's because he hasn't been getting punished for rolling and spotdodging, so he keeps doing it?
Perhaps, or the fact that he can depend on it much more than shielding against me. Haven't face him recently, but I would bet more Dtilts would work. Just as Snakes love to shield, ROBs like to roll. Conditioning them out of a habit they find useful is kinda hard imo. It's definitely possible, but they'll naturally try to find a way to use their best assets one way or another.

Shielding-shield breaker. Rolling-DB. Spotdodging-DB.
The last two don't work as well since even the first hit of DB has some lag. I personally prefer some Dtilt action (little to no lag whether or not it hits or misses). Eh, whatever works I guess.

Also, we've all heard that before. If it's working, keep doing it. But that's exactly what's happening to you in case you didn't notice. Your friend is rolling and not getting punished, so he's just going to keep doing it. The reason that you're not landig shield breaker, is because you've already conditioned him to roll more than shield. So what do you do? You turn it around and punish rolls instead of shields, to make it turn back around. Your opponent doesn't have to suck for this to work, heck they can even be better than you and it still works. You just have to know how to punish both scenerios, and use one to condition your opponent to do the other. If they shield alot, break their shield and get a free KO (or just make them fear getting their shield broken). If they roll alot, just eat through them with DB and rack tons of free damage.
Point taken. Another note is that I shouldn't let my experience on off-days bias me to be all negative and stuff. But I guess the negative-experiences are more consciously thought of than those of success. At least for me anyway. We'll see if I can at least place well in a tourney tomorrow. If all works well, maybe I'll start making sense.

Most likely not though.

Gah, your multi-quotes made this kinda hard to properly respond to. <_<

FNSHR

Smash Cadet
i love when i get knocked backed of the stage an im high up an i charge my B move the opponent is waiting at the edge thinking yh im going to kill him then in a split second afters its fully charger you see marth flying across the sreen over the opponents head looool Awsome =]

Jibbles

Smash Apprentice
I posted this in the Chat with EL thread but I'll post it here again

Marth's Shield Breaker has slightly more range than Lucario's Forward Smash.

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
Dunno if this was mentioned, but it seems the absolute tip of the shield breaker does more damage on shields too, probably because it does more damage but just thought i'd throw it out there.

fully charged at the max tip it'll break a fresh shield thats been out for appx 1 second. fully charged in the middle of the blade leaves visible bubble of it. and fully charged at the first tip leaves a smaller one.

but it doesn't seem that the amount of damage it takes off the shield doesn't go up much between no charge and full charge if its not tipped.

too bad marth can't save his shield breaker charge. XD we'd have yourselves such a broken move if we could

Top Bottom