• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

M@v

Subarashii!
I was unhappy because of finals. Not anymore at least.

This is not really "unhappy" per say, but I got turned down by a girl I know pretty well :3. I'm not really unhappy about it because its only b/c she doesn't want to date anyone at all currently, but its more of "forever alone" moment xD

Oh well.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
job corps being a ***** and not returning my calls

lady who i need to talk to has been in meetings last two times i've gone in person.

wat do?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I am unpleased with how this semester is finishing.

I think it's a combination of my friends leaving, my final grades, and the fact that I'm not even done with all my assignments.

At least it'll be over in a few hours. Might change my mood then.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
sigh

so swamped with school, two weeks left. not lookin good

as my friend told me yesterday "don't worry, it's just one semester."

well, imma pour my heart out till it ends... then i can breathe a sigh of relief..

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I woke up this morning and honestly thought for 5 whole seconds that it was summer, that I didn't have to wrestle myself out of my sweat stained bed to arbitrarily commiserate at this awful institution. I thought I could sleep in, wake up whenever I wanted, then have a slight amount of legitimate autonomy concerning what I did today.

Alas, this is not the case.

2 weeks, I guess. I hate being a person who actually counts down days, but I'm gonna start now.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Psh. :3 I just run. Besides, (iunno if you're a guy or girl), but if you deprive yourself forever you'll go mad.

Smash Master
I bled for 20 minutes in the shower after ripping a half-inch diameter hole in my flesh.

Edit: I'm not emo or anything; its a medical condition.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
procrastination has once again gotten the better of me

Major essay not started

ahh *cue panic*

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm unhappy because my mom asked me to fix her laptop and reinstall the stock rom on her tablet. I did both exactly as asked and she still **** all over me for it, so i called her out on it like the little ***** she is. :\

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
Psh. :3 I just run. Besides, (iunno if you're a guy or girl), but if you deprive yourself forever you'll go mad.
I'm a girl, and I've been doing this whole drastic weight loss stuff
(which is why I have a nutritionist). You can make a fat girl skinny but you can't make her fat-girl craving go away.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm a guy, but I know. I'm 5'10 and was 260. I'm 170 now :3

It's hard stuff, but once you loose the weight you can typically be a little lenient.

Smash Master
Life is always so damn perfect for everybody else. Got one friend working at Google. Someone else at grooveshark. Everyone's in a relationship that's moving along without a hitch. It's just success after success after success. I'm the only one who's lonely. (As a consequence) I'm the only one who's unemployed. I'm the only one who's unhealthy. You know what's really sick? I'm lying here in my bed in a pool of my own blood and enjoying it. Because society doesn't respect that the things that actually bother me are problems. Society doesn't think I should care that I get robbed. Society doesn't think I should care that finding a job and driving a car and diving through mountains of red tape are too complicated and have too high a rate of failure for me to motivate myself to try. Society doesn't think I should care that other people are happy. But society thinks I should care that I'm bleeding. Society thinks I should care that my brother and best friend died. I honestly don't care about these things. But I continue to play on people's emotions to garner the sympathy I think I deserve for the other things that I do care about.

Smash Master
relative anonymity. I don't really care if you folks judge me.

Part of the problem is that I hate keeping secrets. Especially secrets that may be harmful to others. But I also don't feel comfortable opening up entirely to someone without them exposing themselves to me a little as well. That never happens though. People are cold. People are mean to each other.

The real me wouldn't have any friends, but these happy-go-lucky circle jerks I occasionally involve myself with are wholly unsatisfying.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Life is always so damn perfect for everybody else. Got one friend working at Google. Someone else at grooveshark. Everyone's in a relationship that's moving along without a hitch. It's just success after success after success. I'm the only one who's lonely. (As a consequence) I'm the only one who's unemployed. I'm the only one who's unhealthy. You know what's really sick? I'm lying here in my bed in a pool of my own blood and enjoying it. Because society doesn't respect that the things that actually bother me are problems. Society doesn't think I should care that I get robbed. Society doesn't think I should care that finding a job and driving a car and diving through mountains of red tape are too complicated and have too high a rate of failure for me to motivate myself to try. Society doesn't think I should care that other people are happy. But society thinks I should care that I'm bleeding. Society thinks I should care that my brother and best friend died. I honestly don't care about these things. But I continue to play on people's emotions to garner the sympathy I think I deserve for the other things that I do care about.
youre a whiney self entitled brat. do you think your friends just got jumped by google and given a position? do you think people get into relationships by pouting on the internet like its all your big livejournal? nobody gets a handout. actually apparently you do, you somehow have friends despite voluntarily being an entirely unlikeable douche. SOCIETYS ALWYAS GOT ME DOWN WAHHH, I DONT MISS U BIG BRO

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
You've got a lot of growing up to do.

"Wah I'm unemployed because I have no ambition or drive. It is society's fault." No. It is up to you. Lif is never going to be exactly what you want it to be. Stop whining and feeling sorry for yourself and do something with the cards you are dealt.

Unhealthy? Start eating right and exercising.

Lonely? Go out and meet people.

Most importantly, you have to apply yourself to work. It's not going to just find you in your house/your mom's basement and give you a job.

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
You cannot blame society for your life's problems. Your first statement about how life is perfect for everyone else is a contradiction to the statement about you enjoying your messed up life.

It's not society's fault that getting a job is complicated. You will not go through life winning at everything. Success is accompanied with failure. You need to fail in order to know how to succeed. It doesn't fall out of the sky dude. If you don't want success then you don't have the right to complain that you are a failure. If you didn't care then you wouldn't have come on this forum seeking the opinion's of others. I think you need to do a lot of self reflection. You will be lonely until you truly get to know yourself, or at least be honest with yourself and stop all this foolishness.

Cupcakes make things a little better though :)

Smash Master
People get very defensive when the source of their success is questioned. Everyone wants to maximize their own felicity, especially at the expense of others. Instead of just being happy wallowing in their own wealth, they have to have the self-aggrandizement that goes along with it as well. They pretend that success is all hard work. That if you don't have it, it's because you suck. Personally, I think its basically 100% luck. You just happen to suck up to the right person. Edgar Allen Poe. If that doesn't mean anything to you then you just don't get it. You don't have to trust me, but it's true.

Google dude has a millionaire dad who gave him a company when he was 17. Grooveshark guy has been writing code since 4th grade.

I'm literally bleeding 24/7. It's called Hidradenitis Suppurativa, and it's like flesh eating virus in areas of the body where skin touches other skin. Perhaps I should have said I'm unhappy because of that. (I'm pretty sure I'll never have sex if nothing else) Then all you would have been like "that sux dude." That's what I meant when I said I was unhealthy. I also get sick a lot because my skin isn't doing its job. I don't blame anyone else for me being fat...

You gotta understand that it's hard to keep trying when your failure rate is 100%, and you see no reason why trying again would be different. Take this job hunt for example. You don;t know how many jobs I've applied to. I got my degree. 3.6 GPA. Not great, but not bad. I joined a club in school and moved my way up in 4 years from secretary to VP to President. I was a teaching assistant for a little while. I feel like I've done enough random bull**** in school. It's just random bull**** that jobs are only given to people the employers know and none of the people I know are employers. So how am I supposed to stay motivated to fill out another 100 applications. How would it be different?

btw, I don't do any whining offline, which is why you're all getting the brunt of it. I don't know why I'm defending myself to someone who's lone goal is to hurt me, but there you go. IRL, I'm a stupid, shallow clown, and people like me for it. I perform for people. I work for them. I give them things, material and otherwise. If I committed suicide, none of you would be shocked. I'd guess that 85% of them would be. Eighteen, frankly you've got no clue. Lucky you.

I'm pretty sure this is way too deep for smashboards, but does anyone else see an irrational dichotomy between mental and physical deficiencies? Like if someone says "I'm too short" the snap judgment is 'well that's not your fault,' whereas if someon'es like "I get upset too easily" your reflexive response is 'shut up and improve yourself.'

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Oh hahaha, I totally thought you were speaking metaphorically with all the blood talk.

If your condition doesn't effect your genital or pelvic area, there will be a girl who will have sex with you. For money. So, I guess you better worry about the job situation first.

As for this

"I'm pretty sure this is way too deep for smashboards, but does anyone else see an irrational dichotomy between mental and physical deficiencies? Like if someone says "I'm too short" the snap judgment is 'well that's not your fault,' whereas if someon'es like "I get upset too easily" your reflexive response is 'shut up and improve yourself.'"

It is sort of faulty logic to directly compare physical and cognitive assets in such a way.

"I'm too short" definitely can never be changed by natural means as far as I know.

"I get upset too easily" well that's a muddy one. Sure, there is clinically diagnosed depression, anxiety, paranoia, etc. Many mental conditions that can be debilitating without medication. That would be a very good point. However, "I get upset too easily" doesn't really confirm that that's what you're talking about, CONFIRM/DENY. People can be easily upset without having a serious mental defect. Some people have a rotten perspective on things and that is the source of their anguish. BUT, If you are so unmotivated and pessimistic that you can't get out of the house and keep at the grind, you could very well have a clinical condition and you should probably get help if possible.

wait

"btw, I don't do any whining offline, which is why you're all getting the brunt of it. I don't know why I'm defending myself to someone who's lone goal is to hurt me, but there you go. IRL, I'm a stupid, shallow clown, and people like me for it. I perform for people. I work for them. I give them things, material and otherwise. Eighteen, frankly you've got no clue. Lucky you."

what's this mean?

Smash Master
Eh, look it up if you're curious. I don't want to get too much into the medical thing. Like I said it doesn't actually bother me. It has its pros and cons.

I'm not sure the label of 'medical condition like depression' is relevant. It seems to me that no matter whether the source of your anguish is genetic or environmental, it must be caused by something. The state of your mind has a cause. The state of your mind controls your actions. Your actions then change the state of your mind. It seems like the initial state of your mind sparks a feedback loop. You cannot change yourself. Your mind is what changes you. That's my opinion anyway.

The last clause is basically me saying that I don't act like a self-entitled douche in person like I do on here sometimes. Like I helped my Co-op get ready for a formal even though it wasn't my job. I usually hold conversations that we won't remember the next morning. I went over to my friends house to walk him through his java homework. When I do a Magic: the Gathering draft I always give away the cards I picked afterwards. That sort of thing.

RATED

Smash Lord
Mad because my internet sucks and I have to wait till May 21. I mean it really sucks I have to wait a LOOOT to just watch youtube videos. :S

Browny

Smash Hater
Dude i agree with you 100% on some things, specially the self-aggrandizing part where people think its all their work.

The way I see it, Every aspect of life is just a roll of the dice. So many events can have the exact opposite outcome on any given day from the obvious like dying in a car accident to just escaping, to things like an assignment marker having a bad mood or giving you a slightly less mark would could affect GPA, mixed with enough of these random scenarios, it affects your job prospects.

And then you get into things which affect your whole life, such as how you put it, with mental vs physcial limitations.

I used to, and still am very jealous of some people who seem to have EVERYTHING fall their way. Its not ao simple as a case of 'they worked harder for it' since I ca counter that with 'they were born with the ability to work harder for it, some people just arent capable'. Again its so true with physical vs mental limitations. As an academic myself with a lot of small physical problems (like horrid teeth, eczema, hayfever, short, incredibly skinny, moles and all sorts of stuff) I used to be so quick to say that my intelligence was my hard work and my limitations were just unfortunate bad luck but I try to force myself to remember that just as many people out there an say the exact same when it comes to their mental capacity and that people have absolutely no control over their difficulty in being able to focus or learn. And of course, which one is more likely to be called lazy.

I guess the way I see it is I define a persons worth, as in my right to judge them, on what they do when opportunities present themselves. Should I feel proud because I happened to be born in an upper-middle class family who could afford private school to get me where I am today? Would I have been able to do this without it? If people have an opportunity and they willingly throw it away because they cant be bothered, yeah thats ****. But its impossible and incredibly unfair to judge those who may simply have so few opportunities, the chance of one working is low.

I dont beleive this crap that people work for their opportunities because while yes that is true, that only encompasses like the final 10% of any aspect of success. Yes I worked for my opportunity to get a job as an engineer throughout uni. But did I work to not be born in afghanistan? did I work to be born with a high mental capacity? did I work to be able to go to private school? did I work to be physically able to Study? All no, and all are 100% capable of ending someones potential for success.

Now that was all a bit of a rant and im kinda drunk lol but I def see what you mean man. But the most important take home message is this only applies to those people who like to brag about where they are as 100% their work, or those who would judge you entirely because you either have success, or you dont.

I just love the futility of life itself. One single tiny dice roll, from before you were born is enough to change your potential to succeed forever.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I used to, and still am very jealous of some people who seem to have EVERYTHING fall their way. Its not ao simple as a case of 'they worked harder for it' since I ca counter that with 'they were born with the ability to work harder for it, some people just arent capable'.
Um, no. This is confirmation bias. Most well off people have probably had more hardships than you ever will, they just don't complain about it to the internet.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Uh, yeah anyways. If life is just "rolling of dice" then sitting at home and not even TRYING to get a job is equivalent to not rolling the dice at all. "I don't want to look for a job because it's too hard", sorry but I can't feel very bad for someone like that. I don't think there were that many people in here bragging about their own successes, it's just mostly people whining about their non-successes.

Browny

Smash Hater
I never implied the person in question is the one rolling the 'dice', big difference.

And since people miss the point, the entire post is only applicable to those who act as if their success is 100% due to their work. Theres infinite factors entirely beyond our control which can alter things dramatically.

:phone:

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm literally bleeding 24/7. It's called Hidradenitis Suppurativa, and it's like flesh eating virus in areas of the body where skin touches other skin. Perhaps I should have said I'm unhappy because of that. (I'm pretty sure I'll never have sex if nothing else)
There are dating sites for people with herpes. There might be something similar out there for you too. Just a thought.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
In unrelated news. I don't know who's responsible for the commercialized swill I just watched, but Hugh Laurie... Dude. Take a hint from Michael Scott.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
It's called Hidradenitis Suppurativa
You probably know this already but just in case: weight loss works for a lot of people. It's not a guaranteed cure by any means, but many people find it the most effective relief from the disease.

------

I am writing a dissertation. It is long. It is hard. It requires more English than science skills. I am bad. I am sad.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
------

I am writing a dissertation. It is long. It is hard. It requires more English than science skills. I am bad. I am sad.
Heh. As long as you know how to write you don't really need to know anything else to get through the education system. Save, perhaps, math.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Thing making me unhappy: I can't find anything not named "thumb tack" to hang my bedsheets on my wall. They were 70 dollars each that I got from Anime Boston, and I don't wanna damage them in any way. I wonder if there's a type of tape that's fabric-friendly...

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Upset, paranoid, scared, nervous all inside me right now, not having good feelings :(

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
I can't find a damn job for anything. And my parent won't consider my request for her information for financial aid for college. >_>

Unhappy.

Top Bottom