• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Spam Us Database (A Compendium of Lulz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahHarp

Smash Apprentice
The Prime series is simply the best. It got me into so many fun things, having practically slept with its data. Prime 1 and Echoes are about tied for being the better of the 3, while Corruption felt as though it lacked something. However in the grand scheme of things, it still performs admirably. Super is the best of the 2D games, followed by Fusion then Zero Mission. NES Metroid, on the other hand, sucks. Yeah.

Speaking of cold weather, Fort McMurray gets pretty horrid cold spells, as well as an insane amount of snow constantly dumped. Seriously, the snow drifts in the front of my house are much taller than me.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
The Prime series is simply the best. It got me into so many fun things, having practically slept with its data. Prime 1 and Echoes are about tied for being the better of the 3, while Corruption felt as though it lacked something. However in the grand scheme of things, it still performs admirably. Super is the best of the 2D games, followed by Fusion then Zero Mission. NES Metroid, on the other hand, sucks. Yeah.
Any reason why you think that Fusion is better than Zero Mission?

Hive

Smash Lord
I LOVE Metroid games, it's like almost one of my favourite series I can't decide if Mario, Legend of Zelda, or Metroid is better.
metroid or gtfo <.<
lol jk :D

@ravin- you're so lucky about the weather! its like 100 here T.T yuck i hate summer :p not lucky about the sick thing though lol....

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
My opinion on the Metroid series:

Super Metroid = Metroid Prime > Metroid: Zero Mission = Metroid > Metroid Prime 3: Corruption > Metroid Prime 2: Echoes > Metroid II: Return of Samus > Metroid Fusion = Metroid Prime: Hunters > Metroid Prime: Pinball.

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
My opinion on the Metroid series:

Super Metroid = Metroid Prime > Metroid: Zero Mission = Metroid > Metroid Prime 3: Corruption > Metroid Prime 2: Echoes > Metroid II: Return of Samus > Metroid Fusion = Metroid Prime: Hunters > Metroid Prime: Pinball.
From best to worst for me:

Super Metroid
Metroid Prime 3
Metroid Prime Hunters
Metroid Prime
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Prime 2
Metroid Pinball
Metroid Zero Mission
[-Has not played Metroid II-]

I was first introduced to Metroid through Metroid Prime. It was my first GCN game, so unfortunately I'm a bit more familiar with the Prime Samus.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Your depth perception of Temp amuses me. 40F is about 3C <.<

Lol

Shows me I guess. I heard that from a friend I think :s but yeah anywho it was like -40 C. no idea what that is in Fahrenheit, maybe it's -40 F :S I think it is.

@ravin- you're so lucky about the weather! its like 100 here T.T yuck i hate summer :p not lucky about the sick thing though lol....

Ravin wins this one hun. I'd kill for your weather. P.S. it snowed here today :mad: Beauty.

SarahHarp, that's rough I've been to Fort McMurray and it's up north from where I live, but yeh it's generally a decent amount colder than It is here.

Gigas finally posted again. Lolz!

Ravin

Smash Lord
xD Freezing point in C is 0, Freezing point in F is 32. You can use that as a general basis. So if you figure its 40 F, its close to 0C, ;P (Likes Math)

Ravin

Smash Lord
... <.<....

I hope you clicked on the different place to convert from C to F and not C to C by mistake.

Try again.

Oh I see.

The website cant handle negatives. xD!!!!!!

Try 32F and numbers above 0.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
... <.<....

I hope you clicked on the different place to convert from C to F and not C to C by mistake.

Try again.
I garentee you I did it C to F :)
lol check it out :)

EDIT: It totally handles negatives >.>
Your wrong in the sense that it's not Absolute Zero. it's just freezing tempurature for water :)

Ravin

Smash Lord
C and F read differently <.<

Oh you *******. Thats the only time when F and C are the same.

-Facepalm-

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
C and F read differently <.<

Oh you *******. Thats the only time when F and C are the same.

-Facepalm-
Haha I thought so :) it's -40, If 1 of them is -40 then the other will be too :)
I'm goign to bed, nice little debate we had there lol.

Pretty sure my samus now is doing a bit better than she was when she faced off against you :), I DEFINITLY need to fight some pro's again though :(
Dryn, Serris, IsmaR, Ravin and Hive. Any of you would be lovely to fight with :)

Hive

Smash Lord
lol did we really just argue about temperature conversions?? seriously? ^^ lol

lol Metroid Echoes is probably my favorite of the prime series ^^ i guess I'm outnumbered though! But I mean, Chyyka come on!

@cherry64- I'd love to play... but I don't do wifi :p you need to come down here one of these days!

SarahHarp

Smash Apprentice
Any reason why you think that Fusion is better than Zero Mission?
I'm aware that Fusion is typically held much lower than all the other Metroid games by a fair amount of the fan base. But for me, the reason would have to be that it's fun to play over and over again. Sure, there's zero possibility for breaking the linear sequence the game has preestablished like you can do in Zero Mission, but that's only a minor aspect of what a Metroid game should encompass.

It's hard to pinpoint exactly why I like Fusion a little more than Zero Mission. They're both fantastic games, but Fusion feels better for me. Yeah. Nearly the same argument can be applied to Echoes in the Prime series, but again, I'm the oddball in that I feel it's pretty much as good as the first Prime. This isn't to say I blindly love every Metroid game, because Hunters is a prime example of a game that I wasn't too fond of in comparison to the rest.

*swish*. I wrote more than I wanted. Anyway, my first Metroid game was Return of Samus, and I played every other one as they came out since. It was only when I got Prime when I was able to play M1. Bleh on that game. RoS is interesting. You can make secret worlds nearly anywhere by mashing the missile select button :p

PS, I blabber a lot. Ask Tudor.

On an unrelated note, I need to practice my Samus a lot more too. I reckon I'm stuck at a hurtle: I've never played offline with other people and I feel this is limiting my ability to get better.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I'm aware that Fusion is typically held much lower than all the other Metroid games by a fair amount of the fan base. But for me, the reason would have to be that it's fun to play over and over again. Sure, there's zero possibility for breaking the linear sequence the game has preestablished like you can do in Zero Mission, but that's only a minor aspect of what a Metroid game should encompass.

It's hard to pinpoint exactly why I like Fusion a little more than Zero Mission. They're both fantastic games, but Fusion feels better for me. Yeah. Nearly the same argument can be applied to Echoes in the Prime series, but again, I'm the oddball in that I feel it's pretty much as good as the first Prime. This isn't to say I blindly love every Metroid game, because Hunters is a prime example of a game that I wasn't too fond of in comparison to the rest.

*swish*. I wrote more than I wanted. Anyway, my first Metroid game was Return of Samus, and I played every other one as they came out since. It was only when I got Prime when I was able to play M1. Bleh on that game. RoS is interesting. You can make secret worlds nearly anywhere by mashing the missile select button :p

PS, I blabber a lot. Ask Tudor.

On an unrelated note, I need to practice my Samus a lot more too. I reckon I'm stuck at a hurtle: I've never played offline with other people and I feel this is limiting my ability to get better.
I prefer Zero Mission over Fusion, due to its likeness of Super Metroid. When I played Fusion, sure, I had fun, but in the end, we were learning a lot more about Samus, and in this one, she spoke about her past, which demythologized Samus. Metroid was about isolation and exploration. You were on a mysterious planet, exploring things on your own. In Fusion, that was stripped away. You were told what to do, rather than explore things on your own. This is the problem that not only I, but a number of other Metroid fans aren't too fond of.

It's not that we don't like the history of Samus. It's fun to know who she is, but she is no longer mysterious. When I played Zero Mission, that game was the closest you could ever get to playing something like Super Metroid. It was a very nostalgic moment for me. No more of this X parasite and unusual upgrades like in Fusion. You were picking up Chozo technology and Energy Units. It was back to its origins and classical feel. Fusion did not offer this for me. In the end, when I compared both games, I found I prefered Zero Mission over Fusion.

Ravin

Smash Lord
lol did we really just argue about temperature conversions?? seriously? ^^ lol

lol Metroid Echoes is probably my favorite of the prime series ^^ i guess I'm outnumbered though! But I mean, Chyyka come on!

@cherry64- I'd love to play... but I don't do wifi :p you need to come down here one of these days!

We Did. it was an epic debate.

And you played with Xyro on Wifi :/ Its only for funzies.

SarahHarp

Smash Apprentice
Funny, the whole, isolated on some desolate planet feel is exactly why Corruption isn't my favorite Prime game. Being hand-held through by the AU through the entire mission put me off. It's funny because that aspect didn't put me off of Fusion as it did in Corruption.

Also, while Super is a superb game, I'm not looking for my future 2D games to rehashes of it. Perhaps this is why Fusion excels in my eyes. It was shiny and new, with its unusual upgrades. I eagerly await the sequel to Fusion (but I'd prefer to have no computer this time).

Btw, I refrained from using nostalgic as a reason why I felt the game was better because it doesn't really hold any merit. Fusion has loads of nostalgia for me because the time period it was released coincides with a lot of fun times in my life.

Anyway, I respect your opinion.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
We Did. it was an epic debate.

And you played with Xyro on Wifi :/ Its only for funzies.
I agree. It was fun :) Totally just now understood what you said in the first post though, that 32 is 0 and it's the general freezing point. That is true, but I was talking about going BEYOND the freezing point to those effing negative numbers. I can handle breathing in like -25 and -30 around there I guess, but anywhere past that just sucks.

anywho it was rather fun, @ Hive I'd love to but my bank account would scream Insufficient funds at me :\ even if I did it through the machine lol.

but yesh Wi-Fi is mainly for fun, but I like to challenge myself to see how I'd get rocked by other samus Mainz. I honestly think Wi-Fi wrecks samus a lot compared to other cars, if she isn't flawless she's boned.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Funny, the whole, isolated on some desolate planet feel is exactly why Corruption isn't my favorite Prime game. Being hand-held through by the AU through the entire mission put me off. It's funny because that aspect didn't put me off of Fusion as it did in Corruption.
Who said anything about Metroid Prime 3: Corruption? I'm just wondering why you prefer Metroid Fusion over Metroid: Zero Mission. Metroid Fusion is really the only linear Metroid game to have ever been created. You're not given what makes Metroid, Metroid.

Also, while Super is a superb game, I'm not looking for my future 2D games to rehashes of it. Perhaps this is why Fusion excels in my eyes. It was shiny and new, with its unusual upgrades. I eagerly await the sequel to Fusion (but I'd prefer to have no computer this time).
Zero Mission recaptures the likeness of what Metroid is supposed to be all about: isolation, exploration, and being your own person. Like I have said before, with Fusion, this was taken away. No longer are you alone, no longer are you free to explore and get lost, and now you have to take commands from a dead Commanding Officer. With Zero Mission, you get all of this back, and even if Samus does speak, it's not common. I hope you didn't take the word "likeness" and interpreted it as "rehash." I also hope you didn't take "unusual upgrades" to mean something positive when I said it.

Btw, I refrained from using nostalgic as a reason why I felt the game was better because it doesn't really hold any merit.
All right. So here's what will hold merit about Fusion: It's linear, something Zero Mission is not.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Fusion takes the ENTIRE samus story-line and takes a massive, creamy **** on it.

SarahHarp

Smash Apprentice
Who said anything about Metroid Prime 3: Corruption?
I brought it up in relation to to agree with:
Dryn said:
You were told what to do, rather than explore things on your own. This is the problem that not only I, but a number of other Metroid fans aren't too fond of.

Metroid Fusion is really the only linear Metroid game to have ever been created.
Actually, it's more like MZM and Super were the only ones created flexible enough for one to progress in any order they wanted. The only reason the Prime and Echoes aren't so linear is because of the advent of sequence breaking. Otherwise, they have quite a solid sequence to them as well. Unless by linear, you mean the ability to backtrack to old areas to do whatever. It's true that Fusion does not allow this in the confines of its event system until one acquires the Screw Attack.

I hope you didn't take the word "likeness" and interpreted it as "rehash."
I'm sorry. Zero Mission is a fantastic game, and I didn't mean it to sound like it was a Super Metroid knock off.

I also hope you didn't take "unusual upgrades" to mean something positive when I said it.
I contemplated encapsulating unusual with quotations, but decided not to. In any case, what exactly constituted as 'unusual' in the first place? Wide Beam and Diffusion Missiles? Hhm.

All right. So here's what will hold merit about Fusion: It's linear, something Zero Mission is not.
SarahHarp said:
there's zero possibility for breaking the linear sequence the game has preestablished like you can do in Zero Mission
I know.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I brought it up in relation to to agree with:
That's fine. I don't think a lot of Metroid fans like Metroid Prime 3: Corruption compared to Metroid Prime. And Echoes, just so we can get that out of the way, is plain underrated, likely due to the cliché light world versus the dark world theme.

Otherwise, they have quite a solid sequence to them as well. Unless by linear, you mean the ability to backtrack to old areas to do whatever. It's true that Fusion does not allow this in the confines of its event system until one acquires the Screw Attack.
Think of a linear game like predestination, whereas a non-linear game is like free will. The former has fixed challenges for the player; the latter lets you play around without any orders like a child in a sandbox. Metroid first showed exploration. That's what it was all about. This can be found in the remake, Zero Mission, and Super Metroid. It allows you to get lost and think for yourself instead of giving you orders on what you should be doing. Backtracking is in every Metroid game, but Fusion lessens this to a greater degree.

I contemplated encapsulating unusual with quotations, but decided not to. In any case, what exactly constituted as 'unusual' in the first place? Wide Beam and Diffusion Missiles? Hhm.
By unusual, I meant Samus acquiring her upgrades through download machines on the B.S.L. It is no longer perceived as other-worldly.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Wow, talk about a major page strecher. Try to make those into links if possible? I think Samus looks funny in a city. It doesn't seem to fit her well, due to her advanced world compared to what she might consider primitive.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
OH MY GOD!
You Serris are too good. I love the first pic the most, Thats is almost cool enough to be my desktop background

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Made another one, but it's nothing to really "wow" over. It has all three of my Samus ragdolls in one shot:

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9900/gmconstruct0000v.jpg

Posing all of them is a pain to do, because the shoulderpads move according to the arm. I have to set the arms, then move and set the shoulderpads. That's not even counting how long it takes to get them standing up right.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Made another one, but it's nothing to really "wow" over. It has all three of my Samus ragdolls in one shot:

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9900/gmconstruct0000v.jpg

Posing all of them is a pain to do, because the shoulderpads move according to the arm. I have to set the arms, then move and set the shoulderpads. That's not even counting how long it takes to get them standing up right.
Do you have any other backgrounds? Samus has always been better expressed through pictures. Take, for example, this one, which I use as my avatar at All is Brawl:

Into the Deep by Turbid D

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351

Crystanium

Smash Hero
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1276/ep1citadel030000.jpg

Is this Metroid-y enough? (Yes, I'm aware she's cross-eyed. I can't do anything about it due to the model not being fully-rigged.)

EDIT: Oh, man, am I proud of this one.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/5770/testchmba000000.jpg

Posing ragdolls in that chamber is close to impossible, because the Physics Beam misses often and moves the glass panels.
You probably should've not mentioned the "cross-eyed" thing, because when I look at the picture, I can't tell if there's anything wrong with her eyes. :laugh:

Ravin

Smash Lord
I love how people try to disprove a statement you say with three or less words and think they are right.

Its amusing.

Ravin

Smash Lord
10WTFS.

On related news.

Ill be making up for not going to Xyros tounry to going to one thats actually IN my own on the 16th. <3

Xyro77

10WTFS.

On related news.

Ill be making up for not going to Xyros tounry to going to one thats actually IN my own on the 16th. <3
the reason why i say "poooooor chozo" is because its REALLY sad to see such an advanced race get crush and decimated (wether its by fights or phazon or fate) at every turn. If i remember right they can reproduce so it means they are doomed....

OMG IM SERIOUSLY ABOUT TO START CRYING. WHYYYYYYYYY DO MY CHOZO SUFFER THIS WAAAAAAY?!?!?!?!?!?

Xyro77

Hmm...

Im sorry for your pain?

:mad::mad::mad: YOU DONT GET IT! They raised me ever since i was a little girl. THEY SAVE MY LIFE and now that im finally able to protect them AND myself......they are nearly extinct. OMFG WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!? WHYYYYYYYY! :cry::cry::cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom