• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ReFormation of the Smash Back Room (Brawl)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This is untrue. In comparison to winter in Melee, tournaments are at an all-time high.
I have noticed that due to initial dislike of Brawl by many of the big-name Melee players (relearning is hard, it really is; makes it difficult to like), a lot of community members stepped it up and got groups together for frequent tournaments. Pretty cool.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
i agree with all of this

and we kinda deserve to be hated, the majority of sonic mainers in the sonic boards can be pretty dickly without good cause.
Not to mention that wherever they go they talk about sonic.

"I think XYV chars deserves to raise!"

"No. Though sonic sure does :D"

-:bowser:Bowser King

matt4300

Smash Ace
Not to mention that wherever they go they talk about sonic.

"I think XYV chars deserves to raise!"

"No. Though sonic sure does :D"

-:bowser:Bowser King
GO BOWSER MAIN!!!!! cough* sorry i just never see any of you guys...

and yay new teir list though im sure it hasent changed much...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Please save yourselfs now and stop talking about sonic...

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Another Sonic main, coming it at Sonic speed!

But really, this will be great. Can't wait. Eat steak.

I made a rhym.

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Sonic mains are in every thread. Everywhere, everytime.

I wish they added a second sonic character so the two mains entourages could battle it out and cause the mods more heartache... or something.
Nah, we would just have some kind of silly alliance. Still make mods mad though.

we're pretty hated aren't we? XD
No doubt.

so true. i've been waiting for the new tier list since like forever lol :laugh:
But MK is ALWAYS going to be on top.

Though sonic sure does :D
Quoting you out of context.

Seeing this now, I'll probably get a nice-juicy infraction, but I can't help it.

:093:

Where can I apply, I know I won't get accepted but it doesn't hurt to try I guess, what do I have to lose?
I would appreciate it if I could have this answered, even if you come out and tell me "no, you can't" just so I can be sure of it.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
internets truly is serious business

new mods are doing an awesome job. especially hylian, purging the sonic boards of stupid threads every time one pops up :)

Yes i am also a fan of hylian's moderator work, his presence is readily noticable, and discourages silly threads and posts

Yes, I put in an application. I didn't get accepted though. From what I've seen Anther, Le_Thien, Percon, Dojo., ChiboSempai, Vyse, Sliq, and Sethlon were the only ones accepted. The acceptions make a lot of sense, so I don't mind not being accepted. I'll try next time of course. If I don't get in then, then I probably won't apply again though.
Good for them but personally i dont think Le_THIEN deserves to be in any position of authority considering how rude he is and how ignorant his proven himself to be to me

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Sawnik Unleshed is kewl stuffs.

This doesn't fill me with hope about the next tier list though......

It's kind of hard to stay on topic here when the topic is basically, Haha, most of you are NEVER going to be affected by this.

And for the record it's yourselves.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
We'll address things as they seem important, Flamingo. Even if there was 100% support for banning MK right now, it is the winter season. Smash tournaments are at an all time low and traveling is even lower; evidence that is cross-regional and relevant is extremely sparse. This would make a competent decision on the subject difficult.

We'll do our best to get things out on time, but know that we will release things when they are ready and not before.
Sounds good to me Overswarm... thanks for looking at my posts haha. It was like they didnt even exist...and i thought that was a hot topic. *sheesh* :D

M.K

Level 55
This is all good stuff. However, I really hope that we can gain some better insight on what exactly the Back Room is doing.

For example, there have been TWO "Meta-Knight ban" threads. Yes, the community is split so that the ban side has just a few more extra votes, but in reality, they are almost dead even.
The SBR comes out and says "By TWO THIRDS of the SBR, we declare Meta-Knight not broken enough to be banned.". Well, ok? That's great, but what is the SBR seeing that the community ISN'T? Yes, we know that Diddy may be a counter, but in who's eyes and in what context does it apply?
Yes, the first tier list was rushed, but some placings are really quite odd. Why is "Character X" mid-tier, and what seperates high from low? Where are Ness and Lucas? Oh, oops.

So, this is a great step in the right direction, but this community is squandering. We need leadership that is more direct and can associate better with the people.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
what is the SBR seeing that the community ISN'T?
Nothing. But there aren't scrubs there who believe MK is more broken than he really is. You have to remember we have a LOT of people who think that because they lose to MKs he shoiuld be banned. It goes BEYOND that. However this isn't the place to discuss it.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Do you have a list of who stayed in the SBR?

M.K

Level 55
Nothing. But there aren't scrubs there who believe MK is more broken than he really is. You have to remember we have a LOT of people who think that because they lose to MKs he shoiuld be banned. It goes BEYOND that. However this isn't the place to discuss it.
Very good point.
I tend to agree with what you are saying. Hopefully people like you can repopulate the world with smarter children one day >.>

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Finally, a new tier list without stupid bias that is actually updated. So much has been discovered about the cast recently and it is a shame that no one has put any work into interpreting a new tier list. I'm glad people are starting to get things done now.

And MLG JV, now that we will have competent SBR members, will there be a new SBR votes concerning the ban of Metaknight, etc?
You just joined smashboards recently, with a Dec. 2008 join date, and your already talking about banning MK. WTF? Your word isn't going to mean much. And I don't think we will EVER have a competent SBR members. Sure, some members might be very good, but others will still have their pride, bias, stubborness, elitistism, and ego get in the way of their decision making. Its bound to happen.

M@v

Subarashii!
This sounds like a good move. I didnt get in last time, but Im not suprised.
I have a couple huge tourneys coming up(Pumped for CoT4 :)), and have been working with guys like Xiivi and scotu to fully explore fox and everything there is to know about him.

I can wish the new SBR nothing but luck. Keep up the good work guys! Interested in seeing the new tier list too.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Hopefully there will never be a scene like in Sonic's weekly discussion again.

Good luck :)

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I wonder how comfortable those who were kicked are feeling about it now. Then again I'm guessing most of the back roomers that were kicked were the ones that didn't care to be there in the first place and didn't care about brawl. I like the new people though (Sethlon, Sliq, & Anther = win), so hopefully better things to come.

-Ran

Smash Master
Good job. It takes a ton of effort [and manliness] to do a house cleaning such as this. I'll make sure to apply for the SBR when admissions open.

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
You just joined smashboards recently, with a Dec. 2008 join date, and your already talking about banning MK. WTF? Your word isn't going to mean much. And I don't think we will EVER have a competent SBR members. Sure, some members might be very good, but others will still have their pride, bias, stubborness, elitistism, and ego get in the way of their decision making. Its bound to happen.
He did not join recently its a new account. Don't be stupid and flame someone for their join date. You play MK so what do you know?

See? Thats just as biased.

And yes people are going to be baised thats called being HUMAN.

Oh and I am very glad that MLG took over SB =) They are amazing. Looking forward to the new tier list.. Olimar is moving up for sure.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
He did not join recently its a new account. Don't be stupid and flame someone for their join date. You play MK so what do you know?

See? Thats just as biased.

And yes people are going to be baised thats called being HUMAN.

Oh and I am very glad that MLG took over SB =) They are amazing. Looking forward to the new tier list.. Olimar is moving up for sure.
I'm not the only person here who thought Flamingo had a n00bish post, I'm not hating on the player, I don't agree with him, and I'm surprised the mods haven't locked this yet, there's already a few of these threads of banning MK, we don't need any more. I'm not being biased. I use Kirby more often. People are biased, but you can control those thoughts. Thats what separates the humans from the animals. Proof of me not being biased, is me giving facts, not my own opinion.
And yes, I'm sure Olimar will make it in high tier. I was surprised to see Olimar in mid tier when the list first came out, I know he wasn't mid tier. If it wasn't for Olimar's bad recovery, he would be top tier for sure.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
this is great news. good stuff & happy holidays all.

Edit: possible suggestion? While I enjoy the video archives in each of the character specific forums, it's pretty clear that the videos are biased (not staged or anything, but biased nonetheless). idk if you guys wanted to compile a generic video archive of good mains vs good mains, that would be great.

* While there are many good mains vs good mains videos out there already, they're mixed in with the [this forum's character] vs [scrub] videos*

Zylar

Smash Ace
I'm not the only person here who thought Flamingo had a n00bish post, I'm not hating on the player, I don't agree with him, and I'm surprised the mods haven't locked this yet, there's already a few of these threads of banning MK, we don't need any more. I'm not being biased. I use Kirby more often. People are biased, but you can control those thoughts. Thats what separates the humans from the animals. Proof of me not being biased, is me giving facts, not my own opinion.
And yes, I'm sure Olimar will make it in high tier. I was surprised to see Olimar in mid tier when the list first came out, I know he wasn't mid tier. If it wasn't for Olimar's bad recovery, he would be top tier for sure.
No one complained on this thread about Flamingo's post. (In fact barely anyone reacted.)
This is a thread started by MLG JV, why would it be closed? Even if it wasn't, this thread seems no where near close-worthyness.
This thread isn't talking about the banning of MK. (Certainly some ppl are, but still, ppl are talking about the MLG news and asking questions about it.)
You're not biased? Yes you are, you said it yourself "People are biased".
Wait, you can choose to not be biased? Sure, if you're able to take away your preconcieved notions, past experiences, and your world paradigm.
Such as disliking the fact that Flamingo was talking about the banning of MK, because he appeared to have joined recently. (Date doesn't invalidate opinion regardless.)
Besides, people can still use facts for thier own biased causes. So you cannot claim to be unbiased because of facts.

But I will freely admit this is my biased opinion based upon my personal view of the current posts. Take it as you wish.

On topic : Cannot wait for the new tier list. I truely hope to see some legit changes, although I'm not sure what I'm personally looking for.
I'm also excited of the MLG activity. I truely think that the Back Room understands the various matchups well.
Also, I'm quite surprised and slightly humored by the amount of sonic mainer replies.

-Ran

Smash Master
So...one quick question. anyone can give a review as to what it's required to be accepted?
Essentially your input needs to be of merit at a high level of play. You need to have name recognition outside of your state so that your word has actual worth. Your tournament performance doesn't need to be the best in the world, but it certainly has to be at the peak of the game's level. Thus, your opinions and insights are actually of value at the highest level of play. Furthermore, as a forum goer, you must be able to convey your point in an intelligent manner.

It also helps to not be a douchebag.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I can't wait for the next application, I feel I know a large part as Brawl. Tourney play? that's another subject...

TP

Smash Master
To the first BRoomer to read this post:

Now that we are considerably closer to the release date of the new tier list and ruleset, does it look like you will meet the Jan 5th deadline? Or will you pull a Sakurai and delay the release? Or is it still too early to tell?

Top Bottom