• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Bone Walking is pretty easy once you've got the motion cracked down, its free pulling thats the difficult one to do

Stutter F Smashes are amazing and SDI is very very important indeed. I'm not saying it is impossible to space without the C Stick but there is generally little room for error with Peachs aerials when they hit a shield or they'll get grabbed. Floating aerials can be more precise as well (if you claw) since you won't get the intial moving forward when inputting a Fair for example

I know I'm kind of biased in this area but sacrificing SDI, stutter step F Smashes, instant smashes, better spacing, easier glide tossing, inability to F Smash whilst holding an item...it doesn't seem worth it for two advanced movements of Turnips which can be performed without having to B Stick anyway. I'd also argue Bone Walking was the more useful of the two since if someone is chasing you down, a free pull won't take you very far away (so longer range aerials could still reach you or the chaser would be dangerously close and a powersheild of the Turnip would leave you open for counter attack). Another very very minor point is that in the times I've used B Sticking, I've noticed I've jumped instead of actually pulling up a Turnip which I didn't like :<

I <3 you and your B Sticking ways Meno but...I don't know, I just honestly think C Sticking offers more. If you could find a way to make maybe her other special moves better or find a way that allowed you to pull up Bob-ombs consistantly I'd definitly reconsider but as it stands I just don't think B Sticking is as good as C Sticking :(

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Hello Peach boards I am a MetaKnight user and I would like to ask some questions on the Peach vs MK match-up (I don't need ratios I just want some adivce) I only play one Peach user in my state (KOS-MOS) and I just don't know what to do so if its possible may you please give me some discrete details on how to play the match-up like what neutrals should I play on what stages should I counter-pick what stages should I watch out for what stage would a Peach user in general probably ban. What moves would she be using alot and what should I basically just watch out for.

Thanks for reading. :)

hotgarbage

Smash Lord

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I noticed the speed up too.

I assumed that it was just my editing when I pulled out the slowdown clip, but I rewatched the actual clip and found out that the replay actually speeds up at that moment. I think I'm gonna look into that.

I still have the replay if anyone wants to see for themselves.

Edit: The music doesn't speed video up, which proves I didn't edit the video.

BLI7ZARD

Smash Apprentice
Brawl+ question Dont know if i should ask it here but here goes nothing
i keep following all of these tutorials but i keep getting lost on the texture hack ones because one one dumb thing. I downloaded the SD premade brawl+ package from brawlplus/net and it already has a RSBE01.gct in the codes folder. Then during a texture hack tutorial it told me to get the code manager and put in this code but it tells me to save it as RSBE01.gct and I already have one in the codes folder already
So do i need the texture hack codes from the tutorial OR
Is it included in the brawl+ premade pack from brawl+.net Or
Do i have to rename it so i could have both.
Also when i replace the RSBE01 that was already on their with the texture hack code RSBE01
brawl+ doesnt work anymore SO WHAT DO I DO

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Brawl+ question Dont know if i should ask it here but here goes nothing
i keep following all of these tutorials but i keep getting lost on the texture hack ones because one one dumb thing. I downloaded the SD premade brawl+ package from brawlplus/net and it already has a RSBE01.gct in the codes folder. Then during a texture hack tutorial it told me to get the code manager and put in this code but it tells me to save it as RSBE01.gct and I already have one in the codes folder already
So do i need the texture hack codes from the tutorial OR
Is it included in the brawl+ premade pack from brawl+.net Or
Do i have to rename it so i could have both.
Also when i replace the RSBE01 that was already on their with the texture hack code RSBE01
brawl+ doesnt work anymore SO WHAT DO I DO
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230232

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Use w/e recording device you have to get the fottage on your PC. Then you can use Mindow movie maker to make the file smaller if it is too big for youtube. then one that is done just uploaded on youtube.

Short Summary: I got bored with playing as a couple other characters, so to mix things up I tried looking at other character's playstyles. After playing around I found that I liked Peachs.

The problem I have is that I really am unsure how to combine all the different aspects of her attacks into a single unit. I'm more used to characters sticking around a few solid choice moves with others one being used when the situation permits. Peachs, it seems as if I could use a few for any number of situations and at times I am unsure which might be the best to use.

For example, I could either try to space Fair, or space with a turnip. I could either use Bair or Nair as a means to get out of an attack chain. Those sort of things. Right now, I think the easiest solution are videos to get a better idea. However, I am not sure which videos are the best to look at. I've seen many where X character does well because Y character never knew the match-up.

So my question is which video(s) do you think best represent Peach's ability when both people in the match know how to deal with the opposition? No one really has to answer this question. I can probably figure it out eventually, but it would save me time shifting through the dozens and dozens of vids posted in the archives.

One question I do want answered is what kind of role might Peach need to take in a teams match? I've tried various styles (camping, taking the leading role, support, etc.), but really nothing ever seems to work well in doubles.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Short Summary: I got bored with playing as a couple other characters, so to mix things up I tried looking at other character's playstyles. After playing around I found that I liked Peachs.

The problem I have is that I really am unsure how to combine all the different aspects of her attacks into a single unit. I'm more used to characters sticking around a few solid choice moves with others one being used when the situation permits. Peachs, it seems as if I could use a few for any number of situations and at times I am unsure which might be the best to use.

For example, I could either try to space Fair, or space with a turnip. I could either use Bair or Nair as a means to get out of an attack chain. Those sort of things. Right now, I think the easiest solution are videos to get a better idea. However, I am not sure which videos are the best to look at. I've seen many where X character does well because Y character never knew the match-up.

So my question is which video(s) do you think best represent Peach's ability when both people in the match know how to deal with the opposition? No one really has to answer this question. I can probably figure it out eventually, but it would save me time shifting through the dozens and dozens of vids posted in the archives.

One question I do want answered is what kind of role might Peach need to take in a teams match? I've tried various styles (camping, taking the leading role, support, etc.), but really nothing ever seems to work well in doubles.
The same thing can't be done over and over to everything. There is an answer to everything, and there isnt an answer to everything. In other word, what evey siutaiton is the best choice for the matter, go with it. if you feel you are getting to predictable or they catch up, hit them with some thing else. Here is an example:

People usually expect for Peach to Jab after she Fairs ones shield. So they would mostly likey, stay in thier shield. So instead of following that step, Fair>Grab. Done. You have to think and decide what is best depending on what is going on. being abused for the same tatic, switch it up hit them with something you have not tried then. Then just mix it up with More **** to keep then guess. You can't just rely on the same strat and do the same thing over and over. Wether it is good or bad you can't abuse it ( Unless your opponent is actually that dunce and not paying much attention)

For Peach in teams, she is more of a support, defensive type. And I don't mean sit back and spamm turnips. I'm starting to hear/ see that alot. You can rack up damage and make it hard to get hit. Then your teammate can step in and take advantage of that. Don't go all out trying to kill. Cause you are a character that can't well that well. And you at times will need to K.O the enemy as well. Not just your partner. Use turnips to screw the people over, and get your upclose came in there with damage. When they are at high damage, Don't be egar to kill then. You can just chill out and set up for the kills, your let your partner finish it off.

- dont just sit back and spamm turnips, You can get your teammate jumped for this, or screw him over with turnips.

- Don't play all about aggressive in teams. In case there is times where your teammate can't kill the players, you will have to. And Peach as I said before is not a beast at killing so get ready to sometimes switch from support to the ring leader.

-Don't stay too far away from your teammate

-Don't always focus on one person. You see your partner getting beat up and you have your enemy in a grab near the edge, toss him out quickly and run to aid your partner Rote this this trick. Can lead to double teams.

- Swith from one opponent to another, sometimes people are not paying attention to what you are doing.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I have trouble incorporating dtilt in my game... how do you guys use it??
For one thing, you got the Dtilt Slide. It helps with my spacing and evasion. You get 2 things out of this. Really three cause you can counter attack. This is what I do with it:

Dtilt>slide>Jab
Dtilt>slide>Fsmash
Dtilt>slide>Ground Float>Fair
Dtilt>slide>Ground Float>Nair
Dtilt>slide>Turnip>Glide toss>Dtilt>slide> w/e you want after
Dtilt>slide>Toad (mindgame material)
Dtilt>slide>reverse bair
Dtilt>slide>Dair (if they come to you and wanna attack from the ground.)
Dtilt>slide>Dtilt>Slide>w/e

All this leads to many things and can be mixed and match. You can get pressure, spacing, evasion, and counter attacking all at once. And thanks to Peach's range, It would be hard for people to touch you. This is really effective against fast characters. This one thing improves Peach spacing by alot to create this annoying wall.

The same thing can't be done over and over to everything. There is an answer to everything, and there isnt an answer to everything. In other word, what evey siutaiton is the best choice for the matter, go with it.

For Peach in teams, she is more of a support, defensive type. And I don't mean sit back and spamm turnips. I'm starting to hear/ see that alot.

- dont just sit back and spamm turnips, . . .
- Don't play all about aggressive in teams.
- Don't stay too far away from your teammate
-Don't always focus on one person.
- Swith from one opponent to another, . . .
For the first bit, I understand about mixing it up. What I was trying to get at was that certain characters just do not have much of a mix up game. But, some of those characters have such good options that they do not need much to stay effective. Marth is one such example. Marth has few mix-ups in his approach, but they are effective enough that he does not need more than a few approaches to be good.
-So in short of what you are saying: Just mix things up between a set choice of moves Peach has for X situation; do not rely upon the same method everytime (going back to your Fair -> jab or grab scenario).

I'll keep that method of doubles in mind. It seems like I need someone useful for taking a leading role in a doubles match to compliment Peach's support style of playing. In general, what brawl characters typically take the leading role in doubles? Apart from Meta Knight that is. Characters like Olimar, Pit, Sonic, etc. seem like supporting characters. So, a Peach and Pit team probably wouldn't be the best choice.

Also, the Dtilt > Ground Float, is simply the lowest floating distance above the ground, right?

Ground Attacks
Dtilt:
Duration: 27
Hits on Frame: 12
Hitbox Duration: 12-13 (2)
Cooldown: 14
Shield Stun: 3
Shield Advantage: -13
Shield Drop advantage: -6
Advanced Techs
Dtilt Slide
Frame window: Action performed on 28-29 of dtilt = small slide. Action performed on 30-31 = large slide.

Just to make sure I am understanding this for timing purposes, if I buffer an attack out of Dtilt, it will simply cause me to slide the smallest distance, and I will never get the largest slide distance?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Wether you ground float on the spot or do to it that way. It is Still the same height.

And Pit and Peach would not be a beast team. But if pboth are smart you can pull it off to be beast. Just won't be that easy/ simpe. Double Peach don't go well to together. But I make that team work. I'm smart in times. Just gotta use your head dude.

But yea, thats not a solid team.

Wether you ground float on the spot or do to it that way. It is Still the same height.

And Pit and Peach would not be a beast team. But if pboth are smart you can pull it off to be beast. Just won't be that easy/ simpe. Double Peach don't go well to together. But I make that team work. I'm smart in times. Just gotta use your head dude.

But yea, thats not a solid team.
Being smart only gets you so far sadly. If you do not have the tools to handle various situation, then being smart will not do very much against an opponent who has the advantage and is equally as smart as you. But I'm glad that applies to only singles xD

*pokes previous post* I made a last minute addtion to my post regarding the Dtilt Slide.
And thanks for all the input you have made in answering my questions. I really appreciate it.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Being smart only gets you so far sadly. If you do not have the tools to handle various situation, then being smart will not do very much against an opponent who has the advantage and is equally as smart as you. But I'm glad that applies to only singles xD

*pokes previous post* I made a last minute addtion to my post regarding the Dtilt Slide.
And thanks for all the input you have made in answering my questions. I really appreciate it.
I don't think you have to buffer it. I'm tired as hell, had alot to do today. What does bufffer mean in this case?

And it takes more than smarts to do well

- Creativity
- Observant
- Fearless
- Quick reaction/thinker
- How well can you use and mix and match the tools with your character from the list above.
- How much do you seriously know about your character

Metatitan

Smash Master
What do you mean by mixups Dark? Do you mean using different attacks to keep them guessing, or using an attack that is working in different manners? I rarely mix up my attacks just for the mindgames, I simply space them or use them differently (particularly with double jump) to surprise my opponents instead of throwing out an attack that might not be the best option.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Here is an example:

I run to you and dash attack you. Then lets say I did it for a second time. This time when I run to you I cancel my dash with that lil ground float trick to the ground. Gave him 2 dash attacks and they worked. Usually when something works, people get hooked on doing it over and over. But I keep in mind that some people might catch on. So I hit them with a lil something different. Cause chances are if my opponent is not stupid, he will catch on.

Now this time I can just go to him and grab him. Him thinking I will attack. later I go to him but then stop. he gets scared and sided steps or rolls. Free hit/grab for me. And this point I am mixing **** up, does not have to deal with attacks, can also be movement, just random ****. I can then later go to him, then just walk away for a sec and attack him. or do this and just Run through him and then maybe counter attack? grab? Do nothing at all? W/e I do I am mixing it up. really by doing ******** **** like this. My opponent can't make correct judgments of what I will do next. I already **** with his head on this Part.

Now what is next, I can confuse him to a point he can't pin point me. Do I win now, do I got this match in the bag? No I don't there is more stuff to this. but I am only explaining the mix ups.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I do that for mostly ground game (jab cancels n ****, running grab vs dash attack etc). If I'm floating toward you I'm either gonna space a Fair 1 of like 20 different ways or drop back and pluck a turnip. Also I consider Jab->Grab and Jab-> F tilt probably her best jab cancel options, Jab grab usually allows at least one pummel (which means less stale moves), and F tilt comes out so quick and has such a big hitbox that if they jump out they probably get hit anyways. Any thoughts?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This reminds me of another thing.

You see how you just told me all this stuff step by step? Like If I was to do this, I would do(....................). This is not good and hear is why. Why all this may be fine and cool. You should be using things as steps. From starting a link to attacks, based on what link you sis, you would do this specific thing. And would usually do that from that kind of attack/w/e from this One thing you started out with.

How does one learn things, by a series of steps right? You can't run if you have not learned to walk You can't walk if you can't balance your legs. To get to running you have to get to balancing your legs, then walking, getting use to moving with your balance, then speed it up a lil till you are running. So with a new born baby, people will know the baby has to go throw all this stuff.

Now in terms of this game, lets break down something that you said:

" If I'm floating toward you I'm either gonna space a Fair 1 of like 20 different ways or drop back and pluck a turnip"

We gonna break it down into things like "Link" and "chain". The link is what started the chain, and the chain after the pervious one. Now lets use what you said:

Link: " floating toward you"

Chain: "space a Fair 1 of like 20 different ways"

Chain option number 2: "back and pluck a turnip"

Now from your link, I am gonna expect chain number one or chain number 2. Cause you have just about 2 things to do when floating. When you are floating, you are gonna be doing this, and I will ether catch on or see it. Then I will have an answer or educated guess of what chain you are gonna do and punish you for it. This goes back to mix ups. You can have a strat to fight a match up or a person based on his habits, but don't be generic that you just limit yourself or do the same thing when you do a certain thing. This makes you easy to read and easy to punish. When with all that spacing, I know it is coming. Who says O have to try and get inside you? Why not I just crap you when I see things like this. If no projetile, why not I just go near you but do nothing. You can't tell what I am gonna do. I see what you are up too and want. But are not gonna get it.

Now I just ****ed up your whole ****. Do not have something down step by step. This is Peach and I am sure everyone out their mom by now has seen all this ****. They see these chains from you, they will break your link so your changes don't even come to use. I dopn't need to know this, this is gonna help me beat you. Learn as many chains from one link as you can.

Now this comes into creativity. From one link, created as many links as you can. One link can lead to like, as many chains as possible. Ten you can mix and match chains. And then you can even turn chains into link. And holy ****, more things to **** with right there. And you keep going by how smart the person is and how creative he is. This is how you can get your mindgames up there. You are thinking much more and playing outside the box.

As I said, people know Peach. They seen all this **** already from her. Wen a Peach jumps to a turnip throw they would expect mostly a fair. So I will start a link and show you the many chains just from this one thing:

Link: jump to turnip
Chain 1: drop>Grab
Chain2: Toad
Chain 3: Drop>Run under>upsmash
Chain 4; Nair
Chain5: ground float under> upair

I can go on and on and on.From that one link, I have all this I would do. Not sticking to 1-2 things. Also hear is a saying I want people to seriously think about. "the best options is always not the best option" This is something I want to sink in peoples heads. This is how I think.

Now will I always win, and I an unbeatable beast? No I will get my *** handed to me
Will I always lose? No I will not.

You can be out played, happens all the time. Same time you can out play the enemy. The harder the match up is, the more work you have to do to win. The match up could be in your favor, but you can still lose cause the enemy is really smart. So don't think cause of character you can't get a beating. you can. Really if you get out played.

I don't think you have to buffer it. I'm tired as hell, had alot to do today. What does bufffer mean in this case?
Buffer - When an input is issued within 10 frames before a character regains control of their action, that input will be automatically initiated the first frame the character regains control of their actions.

So in the case of Dtilt, if I was to "buffer" a jab between frames 27-17 of the dtilt, that jab should come out on frame 28. And frame 28-29 after Dtilt is said to be the frames that you get the small slide after Dtilt. Frame 30-31 you get the larger slide.

I was just asking if what I said was true or not. If so, then buffering a jab to get a large slide out of the Dtilt won't help me at all since it would not work :/

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Buffer - When an input is issued within 10 frames before a character regains control of their action, that input will be automatically initiated the first frame the character regains control of their actions.

So in the case of Dtilt, if I was to "buffer" a jab between frames 27-17 of the dtilt, that jab should come out on frame 28. And frame 28-29 after Dtilt is said to be the frames that you get the small slide after Dtilt. Frame 30-31 you get the larger slide.

I was just asking if what I said was true or not. If so, then buffering a jab to get a large slide out of the Dtilt won't help me at all since it would not work :/
Then no you don't have to buffer it.

And I am tired as hell, three hours of sleep, doing job training/workshops and interviews I been up since 4am. I freaking tired and feel sick. I have no clue how I was to even make my previous post in this state. I'm done with questions for today, I'll deal with others 2morrow. I seriously need sleep.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion

You see how you just told me all this stuff step by step? Like If I was to do this, I would do(....................). This is not good and hear is why. Why all this may be fine and cool. You should be using things as steps. From starting a link to attacks, based on what link you sis, you would do this specific thing. And would usually do that from that kind of attack/w/e from this One thing you started out with.

How does one learn things, by a series of steps right? You can't run if you have not learned to walk You can't walk if you can't balance your legs. To get to running you have to get to balancing your legs, then walking, getting use to moving with your balance, then speed it up a lil till you are running. So with a new born baby, people will know the baby has to go throw all this stuff.

" If I'm floating toward you I'm either gonna space a Fair 1 of like 20 different ways or drop back and pluck a turnip"

We gonna break it down into things like "Link" and "chain". The link is what started the chain, and the chain after the pervious one. Now lets use what you said:

Now from your link, I am gonna expect chain number one or chain number 2. Cause you have just about 2 things to do when floating. When you are floating, you are gonna be doing this, and I will ether catch on or see it. Then I will have an answer or educated guess of what chain you are gonna do and punish you for it. This goes back to mix ups. You can have a strat to fight a match up or a person based on his habits, but don't be generic that you just limit yourself or do the same thing when you do a certain thing. This makes you easy to read and easy to punish. When with all that spacing, I know it is coming. Who says O have to try and get inside you? Why not I just crap you when I see things like this. If no projetile, why not I just go near you but do nothing. You can't tell what I am gonna do. I see what you are up too and want. But are not gonna get it.

Now I just ****ed up your whole ****. Do not have something down step by step. This is Peach and I am sure everyone out their mom by now has seen all this ****. They see these chains from you, they will break your link so your changes don't even come to use. I dopn't need to know this, this is gonna help me beat you. Learn as many chains from one link as you can.

Now this comes into creativity. From one link, created as many links as you can. One link can lead to like, as many chains as possible. Ten you can mix and match chains. And then you can even turn chains into link. And holy ****, more things to **** with right there. And you keep going by how smart the person is and how creative he is. This is how you can get your mindgames up there. You are thinking much more and playing outside the box.

As I said, people know Peach. They seen all this **** already from her. Wen a Peach jumps to a turnip throw they would expect mostly a fair. So I will start a link and show you the many chains just from this one thing:

Chain 4; Nair

I can go on and on and on.From that one link, I have all this I would do. Not sticking to 1-2 things. Also hear is a saying I want people to seriously think about. "the best options is always not the best option" This is something I want to sink in peoples heads. This is how I think.

Now will I always win, and I an unbeatable beast? No I will get my *** handed to me

You can be out played, happens all the time. Same time you can out play the enemy. The harder the match up is, the more work you have to do to win. The match up could be in your favor, but you can still lose cause the enemy is really smart. So don't think cause of character you can't get a beating. you can. Really if you get out played.

i've heard of mixing it up and having mindgames but i've never thought about it as links and chains. this is a rly good post that i shud prob keep in mind, thx.

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
Kind of a stupid question. Obviously, any Peach player would never ever recover with parasol facing backwards. But how come Peach is the only character that cannot grab the ledge while recovering backwards with an Up B?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

Chain 4; Nair

This is a very helpful post, thank you. One of my mistakes in tourney was that I was too generic.

:052:

Top Bottom