• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

_Keno_

Smash Lord
So, I've been playing with a Lucario a lot, and he used to fair combo me, but then i would get out by nairing. Now, he fairs -> nairs -> follows my DI -> u-airs/dairs. How can I escape (DI or other means.)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
So, I've been playing with a Lucario a lot, and he used to fair combo me, but then i would get out by nairing. Now, he fairs -> nairs -> follows my DI -> u-airs/dairs. How can I escape (DI or other means.)
DI away from him. Some times people tend to keep the control stick too lucario cause of them getting sent off stage. But this also depends on your % and his. Cause his fair has weak knock back so easy to chain it with others. And is he has high percent, he can't change attacks that well since his attacks get stronger. You should be able to Nair him out before his Nair kicks in like you was doing before. I don't think his Nair is that quick to make it legit.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Nair isn't an approach, or even a spacing tool. It's an out of shield option, combo ender, and ledge option. If they are in the air then you can use it but I'd personally use up air if I can :ohwell:

My favorite combo is Fair -> glide toss forward stitchface

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Nair isn't an approach, or even a spacing tool. It's an out of shield option, combo ender, and ledge option. If they are in the air then you can use it but I'd personally use up air if I can :ohwell:

My favorite combo is Fair -> glide toss forward stitchface
........ugh, this kid.......

What does FC mean? Float Cancel?
Yes sir.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I have to agree with Meta about nair. >_>

It's too short.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Does not matter, you can break lots of stuff with Nair. People tend not use this move correctly cause of how short range it is and fear of getting hit. You can also stop alot of approaches this way. Its a quick move with priority. It's one of Peach Best combo/approach breakers. People rely on range too much to sit down and think about things.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yea, it's great as an anti-approach tool, but you list it as an approach by itself. :p

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i'm with DP on this one, nair stuffs the **** outta people. and you can still space it and still cover it with slaps or a retreating ground float bair into a bonewalk or something.

hiROI

Smash Lord
I love doing ground floating nair -> fc -> ground floating nair -> whatever <3

Nair is just so quick and you can mindgame by continue to float around your opponent. For example I dair the shield, but I cancel the dair into dsmash :D

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Has anyone taken the time to figure out the percentages for Peach's turnips and items that are pulled? I've been curious about it, and if no one has yet I may end up taking the time to do so. Just wondering.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
You can't nair out between fair > nair. Your best option is to SDI away from the fair.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=196561
The stats start around where the beam sword picture shows up.
That's wrong, the 1/58 chance only applies to the stitchface. I told Rick to change that. /=
I think everything else is just completely random. If there is a percentage, I think it'd be pretty impossible to find.

But generally--
Rarest:
Bomb
Beam Sword

Rare:
Stitchface

Slightly less rare but somewhat common:
Ditto
Mr. Saturn

Common:
Everything else

Well this list is based off of my Turnip frequencies anyways.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Hey, I was wondering how Peach is able to grab the ledge, then float right below it, attack (Nair in place), and then catch it again?

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Haha. Well I will be sure to ask more questions and hopefully I will have some videos you can critique of me later. I have a big passion for Peach lately and I want to stomp people with her high heels. :-)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
That's wrong, the 1/58 chance only applies to the stitchface. I told Rick to change that. /=
I think everything else is just completely random. If there is a percentage, I think it'd be pretty impossible to find.

But generally--
Rarest:
Bomb
Beam Sword

Rare:
Stitchface

Slightly less rare but somewhat common:
Ditto
Mr. Saturn

Common:
Everything else

Well this list is based off of my Turnip frequencies anyways.
Yeah, I only saw percentages for stitch face. However, I don't think it would be impossible to find a percentage. It would just take forever :/

But I considered doing it, since I miss the days of constantly plucking pikmin to figure out their percentages, and i honestly don't think it'd take more turnips than the pikmin i pulled. I'm also really considering picking up peach as a second/third and the data would be good to know. It would probably take a few hundred thousand turnips though :/

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Time consuming would've been a better word, yes. :p
Knock yourself out if you want to, I think it'd be pretty cool.

How exactly would you test for Turnip probability though? I always assume the chance of plucking different Turnips differs everytime you turn on the game.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=212786
That took me around two or three months. each terrain took about 200 - 1000 pikmin (usually around 500-600 though). Thing about this is that it SHOULDN'T be different for each terrain (i hope...).

I'm not really sure how i'd know when i have the right percentage though, since there won't be anything to compare it to. With pikmin i was able to compare some of the irregular percentage combinations to relevant percentages that i had in the past, but i would basically be working from scratch on this >.> If I do decide to test it, I may just wing it and see how it goes, haha.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Actually...I might be able to help you and give you a head start here

A while ago, I asked someone I know to have a look into Peachs Turnips and probability and the like and he very kindly did so. Basically, using the Brawl hacks and stuff, he's looked into Peachs file

I don't paticualarly understand the Brawl hack jargon but essentially, it came down to this:

If: Requirement=Compare, Variable=RA-Basic[2], Comparison=1, Variable=-60000s,
Generate Article/Prop: 2,
Else:
Generate Item(In Hand): RA-Basic[2],
End If:

A more simpler version:

If "Random Number" is 1 or below
-> Pull a turnip
If not
-> Pull the item that "Random Number" is
End If

Long story short: I think Peachs Down Special pull is determined by a Random Number Generator. Essentially, if the Random Number is lower than 1, you pull up a Turnip. Otherwise, you pull up an item depending on the number
Thats all atm, the bits for how the RNG and what determines it hasn't been decoded yet and neither has what determines what kind of Turnip you get either

Again, no credit for me I've just asked the guy to do this for me and I'm just posting it here, credit goes to him (who I'm not going to name since I don't want to pester him any furthur in the matter). This is why I was looking for someone from the Smash Workshop or someone who was good with hacking into Brawl airge :p I would do it myself but I can't afford to take the risk, especially not when I don't know what I'm doing and other memebers of my family use my Wii

I hope that helps :)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Question coming from a nub.

What are the good basic approaches for Peach?

Also, what are some good tools for baiting with her as well

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I approach with:
  • SH Dair
  • SH Bair
  • SH > Toss Turnip
  • And Glide Tossing
Note that if these might not really be legit good approaches since I rarely play offline. :(

Floating is a pretty good baiting tool against some characters.

This might help you.

Moozle

Smash Champion

I'm sure someone will explain with the best options for approaching and baiting, but I have a few favorites. Using turnips helps a lot for approaching (and baiting), and I also like to short hop dairs. As for baiting, I have found that a lot of people get nervous if you just ground float in one spot. It may only work until they get used to you, but it's still good to know :) :054:

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Thanks guys

I'm flip flopping between Melee and Brawl and trying to make the distinction of brawl Peach

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Should I get a stitch face tattoo on my upper arm?

Peach is right-handed, correct? I'd get it on that arm.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, using a turnip is awesome for momentum canceling. Peach is so hot!! Alright, I will have to try that. I still have a bad habit of air dodging lol.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Definitely. It will take a litttle bit of practice but I know I will get it down in no time. People already tell me I have a good DI. =]

Top Bottom