• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I think it works if you time it right.

And it's definitely worth punishing the tornado. The top part can be out-prioritised by Dair and even Bair from certain angles.
I never have time to angle my moves at his nado, especially since it moves so fast in every direction. It usually ends with me being on the same y-axis as the nado and it sucking me up. I've only once ever been able to stop it, and it was with a fair.

BLI7ZARD

Smash Apprentice
QUESTION
if i SH Z drop a turnip then footstool>Nair (the 2 hits connect) while they are locked incause it has jab lock properties?? would i have time to do a smash after or could they get out of it.??????

Also can you tech a footstool??

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
QUESTION
if i SH Z drop a turnip then footstool>Nair (the 2 hits connect) while they are locked incause it has jab lock properties?? would i have time to do a smash after or could they get out of it.??????

1st.) I don't think so. It would be possible to {Turnip Drop -> Footstool-> Fastfall Weak Bair}. That should cause a force get up and you would have time to whip a smash attack out as a finishing offense. I'm not entirely sure that a Neutral Air would provide the necessary properties to make an opponent get 'locked' exactly.

2nd.) No, you cannot tech a Footstool.

BLI7ZARD

Smash Apprentice
1st.) I don't think so. It would be possible to {Turnip Drop -> Footstool-> Fastfall Weak Bair}. That should cause a force get up and you would have time to whip a smash attack out as a finishing offense. I'm not entirely sure that a Neutral Air would provide the necessary properties to make an opponent get 'locked' exactly.

2nd.) No, you cannot tech a Footstool.
Thanks Im gonna have to try this hopeully i could get some use out of it.

r3d d09

Smash Master
QUESTION

If it was possible... good luck with this xD

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Ok soooooooo the SoCal donkey kongs are starting to upward ftilt my fairs...and it's working, am I spacing it wrong or shud I just give up on it when I know it's coming and try to dair or back off or sumtin? ftilt is rly gay. =(

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Probably space a little better.

I have a question though: has anyone tried a low-percentage uair -> footstool?

I pulled it off on Snake the other day and it was pretty cool. IS this known to be possible?

imR

Smash Rookie
ok man, thanks :D i knew abot nair but bair lol

Xyless

Smash Master
I seriously need to start training a secondary to handle Dedede. Someone give me a good idea. My current secondary is ZSS, which should work, but I screwed up so bad at the tournament today with her (dair'd off the stage around 10 seconds in X_X) that I really don't want to trust her.

So...who do you guys use as a secondary? (I don't use top tiers in tournaments).

Xyless

Smash Master
Well yeah, I just want a character that, for example, he can't CG. And one that I feel can handle the matchup with a little less camp and a little more action.

I was able to take on a Dedede today and was able to almost beat him (took 6 minutes and lots of turnip camping). I just want to have a backup somewhat soon. (I'm mostly just getting frustrated by all of the people playing as top tier characters lately in my area)

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Well yeah, I just want a character that, for example, he can't CG. And one that I feel can handle the matchup with a little less camp and a little more action.

I was able to take on a Dedede today and was able to almost beat him (took 6 minutes and lots of turnip camping). I just want to have a backup somewhat soon. (I'm mostly just getting frustrated by all of the people playing as top tier characters lately in my area)
Peach shouldn't have much trouble against Dedede. But Zero Suit Samus is who I usually counterpick against Dedede as a precautionary as well. Peach has it easy since Dedede should have difficulty performing a chaingrab on her, plus, hes a large target. That makes it pretty simple to land simple to moderate follow-ups.

Zero Suit Samus, as easy as it is for Dedede to KO her - - he should have a LOT of trouble hitting her if you know how to time things correctly. Since again, Dedede is a large target, it makes it simple for you to:

Down Smash -> Down Smash -> Sweetspot Forward Air

Since he's a larger character, it's easy to pull off both hits of a forward air before he gets knocked away. The only two things that seem like a valid threat are his side+b interruptions and his up tilt. As slow as the up tilt is, it can KO ZSS rather easily and it has a LOT of range.

As quoted from Isai: "Don't get hit".
Literally, just watch out for his KO potent moves and you should be able to punish him easily.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I can say that Zelda herself is a hit-or-miss. He's a HUGE target, so kicks are easy to hit. She can't be chaingrabbed at all. His slow aerial speed means you won't frequently be hit out of Farore's, and sometimes you can force him to up B where he can be spiked, kicked, hit with uair, or do anything you want to him. She's not that bad against him, though it's not for the faint of heart due to her lighter weight than Peach.

Xyless

Smash Master
I think I'm just going to keep working Peach. I did decently with her, and I think I can pull off her moves better.
But I really should start developing ZSS...no one in IL (possibly even MW) know how to handle her, really, since no one uses her.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I think I'm just going to keep working Peach. I did decently with her, and I think I can pull off her moves better.
But I really should start developing ZSS...no one in IL (possibly even MW) know how to handle her, really, since no one uses her.
Hee hee hee... Think what you want, Xyless. ^_^

Xyless

Smash Master
I will!

The only ZSS player in the state is Ook, who doesn't really use her much and only used her for his worst matchup (coincidentally also Dedede).

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I will!

The only ZSS player in the state is Ook, who doesn't really use her much and only used her for his worst matchup (coincidentally also Dedede).
Nah... I mean that for a while, I dabbled with her, and I didn't do too badly against Truffles when we played before SNES. For the most part, though, you're probably right.

I think... the more I think of it, that Dedede vs. ZSS is another version of Dedede vs. Peach. You just don't have to worry as much about grabs, though you still have to worry.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Ok soooooooo the SoCal donkey kongs are starting to upward ftilt my fairs...and it's working, am I spacing it wrong or shud I just give up on it when I know it's coming and try to dair or back off or sumtin? ftilt is rly gay. =(
cud sum1 else gimme input on this still.

thx for the answer lancestern but i just wanna get a little more input on this coz it seems hard to space around this.

Xyless

Smash Master
Nah... I mean that for a while, I dabbled with her, and I didn't do too badly against Truffles when we played before SNES. For the most part, though, you're probably right.

I think... the more I think of it, that Dedede vs. ZSS is another version of Dedede vs. Peach. You just don't have to worry as much about grabs, though you still have to worry.
Ah, I see what you mean. Yeah, they're very similar in the matchup. There are a few things that really make ZSS a little bit more reliable, though. I won't be switching to ZSS against Dedede in a tourney again until I know the matchup better and focus my time on ZSS a lot more.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
The main thing that makes ZSS more reliable in this match-up is her side+b. Dedede is difficult for either character to KO, but at least you can guarantee ZSS's attacks with either stunning or spacing.

Peach can space just as well, but since she does lack good KO potential and all her means of attacking (besides her turnips) are close ranged, it can make the match-up difficult for her. Dedede is just too good at punishing, and getting close to him can be risky for just about any character.

Xyless

Smash Master
He's just so frustrating because I feel like if Peach had just one more frame during the CG, she could buffer a jab before he could get a grab again.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
So...are you approaching with fair then?

Stop :p

Camp moar.

As to Dedede, I'm gonna see if I can get my vid of me fighting a D3 in tourney on Saturday up. ^_^ It's all spacing and safety.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
So...are you approaching with fair then?

Stop :p

Camp moar.
^
This.

Also, against Donkey Kong, I think you should save forward air as more of a punisher or kill move. DK isn't really the character I'd recommend going in for a forward air since it can be punished during it's small amount of start-up and ending frames.

Defiantly more Dair and Bair though. They're least likely to be punished.
Also, Turnips are your friend. Make sure to use a lot of turnip shenanigans in that match-up.

Xyless

Smash Master
DK needs to be approached very carefully. You have to remember that no matter what, if he has the punch loaded, you should try to stay out of the ground, to avoid being Headbutt > Giant Punch'd. That's one of ook's specialties: really mindgaming you into thinking he's going to bair, then do a SURPRISE HEADBUTT YOU'RE DEAD

dair really eats up DK though. His tilts are a hassle, but at least they aren't as good killers as most heavies. Just try to not leave yourself open.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I need a little bit of some help. I currently have a "Choosing Your Starter" Thread in the Pokemon Trainer Board. We are currently discussing Peach and it looks like we are at a small road block. We have established for the most part that Squirtle is a good starter to go with because of his speed on the ground and in the air to keep up with peach's high mobility (at least in the air anyway) but quite a number of people argue that Ivysaur and Charizard (more charizard now than Ivysaur) should be considered accepted "best starters" against Peach. I was hoping that more of you Peach players could put in your input. So far the problem is that some people think that Peach is too mobile and too much trouble for Charizard to handle but other say that you peaches claim that Charizard is the one that is hard to handle. When to those who decide to visit the thread keep in mind it is not a match up thread it is just a thread to see who would be the best pokemon(s) to start with against a certain character. I am hooked strongly on the belief that Squirtle should be the only one but my fellow PT's are putting but good points and arguments and I'm trying to be reasonable and take into account what they say and think that they might be right. So I would appreciate the help from those who know the match up well.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
The only high level Peach who has played a high level Pokemon Trainer regularly is Edrees (vs Typh).

None of the rest of us know the matchup against a GOOD Pokemon Trainer.

At lower levels of play, Peach ***** fatties terribly, but at high levels, none of them perform that badly against her (Dedede, DK, Bowser, potentially charizard), so I'm taking Edrees' word for it.

Personally, I have more trouble with Squirtle...but I've never played a Typh- or Reflex-level PT, and Edrees has explained a lot of things about Squirtle to me that I didn't know.

Peach DESTROYS Ivysaur, so keep that in mind. He might be better to send out first just to get him out of the way. OR, arrange to send him in last and switch out as soon as he appears, giving Peach a free dair combo on you; probably worth it to not have to play a full stock as Ivysaur.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm actually even with Steeler currently.

(Basically an MM we never had a chance to finish. LOL.)

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Charizard is actually a pain if they know what they're doing.

The only Pokemon Trainer that I've played that gave me a large amount of trouble was IronYoshiWarrior. It's really not a good idea to keep on the offense against Charizard because of Rock Smash. It has a lot of KO potential, hard to space away from if you're too close, it has good range and the stupid little pieces of rock that break off from it can hit you, even if you're above the attack itself.

I don't think Peach has any aerials that can get through it either, but I could be mistaken. Never got one of mine to hit through it, unless you can stop the attack altogether on start-up. :/

Besides that, a lot of Charizard's attacks can outrange Peach. Even most of his grounded attacks can punish her while she's in the air. It's pretty rare to find decent Pokemon Trainers nowadays though, so I don't have too much experience with this match-up either, sorry.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
squirtle ***** peach

charizard goes about even

peach ***** ivysaur

start as squirtle and maximize squirtle time

end of discussion

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
One thing though is, would be it smart to "time out" Squirtle's two minutes? I think we do have the tools to keep him out via ftilt, turnips, and bair. I haven't had the chance to try my theory out, but it seems workable.

Thoughts?

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
timing squirtle out is the best way to beat pokemon trainer, it's a problem with any character, not peach specific

it's why i'm always aggro with squirtle and people get mad at me for not camping

Xyless

Smash Master
From the experience I've had playing as PT, Squirtle has always been the problem character at higher levels, while Ivysaur has always been the kind of transitional character. He's not horrible entirely, but the others beat him out in speed, power, and, most importantly, survivability.

Squirtle's just so freaking SLIPPERY (*rimshot at water Pokemon joke*)!

Top Bottom