• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Clawing enables you to use the C stick and the x and y buttons all at the same time or nearly the same time, since you don’t have to wait for your thumb to reach all the way from the C stick to the other buttons. It's when you hold the controller like your hand is a "claw" where you are holding it like it's an arcade joypad, your fingers coming down on the buttons like a claw. I play this way a third of the time =)

r3d d09

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uezAQPPx1BM
at 5:02 why did he do what he did. aerial, up B, what ever it was. xD did it refresh float?

EDIT: Claw isn't that hard. it takes time to get use to and having to think with with both fingers.
Being an ex sponsored halo 2 player that clawed. It took me about a week of constant play to have it be natural.

But then there is semi claw. i can't remember what videos i've seen, but some players when they use c stick, they drop pointer down to ab xy and middle finger to shoulder button. then after c stick. they go back to normal.

who used free pull? as in c stick set to B stick. I'm wondering if it's worth learning to play peach like that. or stick with what i have now and not use free pull? Just would like some opinions.

another thing, i read a question about how to freepull without b stick. and it had the link to the free pull video. but it doesn't describe it.
do you flick analog stick opposite way, roll down and press b or what?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
who used free pull? as in c stick set to B stick. I'm wondering if it's worth learning to play peach like that. or stick with what i have now and not use free pull? Just would like some opinions.
It's really useful - but only if you wanna give up more useful things, like instant smashes, and more control over your aerials. It's super fun and super useful as a spacing/momentum tool, but I'll always call it a bad trade.

Do it if you want to mix things up and have a little more fun with Peach. But don't do it if you massively rely on the cstick already.
I <3 my b-stick - though it betrays me and makes me spam Peach Bomber.

PeachRose

Smash Cadet
Well back in Melee, I never really cared about the "mechanics" of the game, because I never played competitively.

But now in Brawl, I am. My question is:

Since melee I have used the traditonal hold side/up/down + A, to do the smashes.
Should I be getting used to using the c-stick?

Thanks~

r3d d09

Smash Master
People say that it registers faster. but none the less, i believe it's a quicker transition to just flick the c stick than Hold + A. if you play peach. i believe it's easier coming from a recently new peach player. it's easier to float and do aerials

Xyless

Smash Master
I'm thinking of setting up a tag just for playing peach, then another for my other characters.
I'd like to be a decent peach player so i wanted to get opinions from the top players.

what do you have your b button to?
Lucas is also a godly b-sticker. The one downside down the road with B-sticking is you bit of smash DI because you can only input it with the d-stick (yes, directional stick).

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
How good is peach in doubles? Like what do you peach mains think her best partner would be? Would DK be good?

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
oh, I sorry for posting in the Q&A. I should of searched for that thread but thanks.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I really really REALLY love when people post in the Q&A thread. No worries.

PeachRose

Smash Cadet
So i've been lurking, and saw this discussion about Peach's fighting style. Aggresive and Defensive. Can someone please show me a video on both styles?

Of course I would think aggresive means to just keep attacking, and hopefully hit.
But im curious to see what defensive may look like.

r3d d09

Smash Master
I really really REALLY love when people post in the Q&A thread. No worries.
Maybe it will get peach more active than it already is ;) like i did to the IC boards

So i've been lurking, and saw this discussion about Peach's fighting style. Aggresive and Defensive. Can someone please show me a video on both styles?

Of course I would think aggresive means to just keep attacking, and hopefully hit.
Basically it's just turnip'n. not getting all in the opponents face. making him/them advance to you.
i will try and find a video for you.

Xyless

Smash Master

If you want to see good defensive playing, watch Praxis. He's extremely good at being patient.

If you want aggressive, I'm not really sure who's the most aggressive of us. I'd say KOSMOS

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uezAQPPx1BM
at 5:02 why did he do what he did. aerial, up B, what ever it was. xD did it refresh float?

EDIT: Claw isn't that hard. it takes time to get use to and having to think with with both fingers.
Being an ex sponsored halo 2 player that clawed. It took me about a week of constant play to have it be natural.

But then there is semi claw. i can't remember what videos i've seen, but some players when they use c stick, they drop pointer down to ab xy and middle finger to shoulder button. then after c stick. they go back to normal.

another thing, i read a question about how to freepull without b stick. and it had the link to the free pull video. but it doesn't describe it.
do you flick analog stick opposite way, roll down and press b or what?
I did the aerial to stop my momentum going away. It just makes it faster to get back to the stage. it doesn't help you to win or anything, , I just wanted to get back faster.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well for me personally, Peach is Best stage is Battfield. I have everyone banning that stage against me, mostly meta players.

r3d d09

Smash Master
I did the aerial to stop my momentum going away. It just makes it faster to get back to the stage. it doesn't help you to win or anything, , I just wanted to get back faster.
So the momentum goes away after a certain amount of time floating? it isn't a constant distance you can go? lol

EDIT. I like playing on maps with platforms. i think it works in her favor.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I don't like that YI cause the floor screws up my ground floats. besides that, I can deal with that stage fine.

hiROI

Smash Lord
Ah. Is there anything else that affects her on that stage? Does the stage having walls all the way down affect her at all?

I personally believe this helps her because you can't accidently get caught under the stage because its physically impossible. It will be so cool if Peach had a wall jump xD

Do the slanted edges affect her? I probably sound stupid...but I don't main Peach. xD

Edit: ninja'd.
:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

White-Peach

Smash Ace
regarding peach v kirby on YI brawl~

While she can be screwed up on her instafloats aerials (only the ones where you -move- horizontally), she gets ghost-platform to save her if she gets DAir spiked. Just parasol and wait, there's a great chance that it will come and lift her right back up.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
How would you rate peach's neutrals in ranking (Best, 2nd best,...,worst) as well as if they're a good or bad neutral for her? What would you say about the same questions for neutrals vs Kirby? Thanks in advance for any help.
It's really just personal preference, but statistically BF and Pokemon Stadium 1 give her advantages in general. Specific match-up wise, you go FD if you're capable of camping the opponent - such as Wario, Ike, and MK. Yoshi's Island gives you coverage against aerials with the huge platform, so it'd be good against G&W, DK, and Ness. Smashville is pretty bland for her.

As for Kirby, I'd go Battlefield. There's coverage and better positioning options from Kirby's aerials with the platforms, and Peach simply controls them better. Yoshi's Island would work in the same way. FD might work too if the Peach is campy enough and the Kirby can't wall with bairs incredibly well.

What about Yoshi's Island (brawl)? Is there anything about it that affect's Peach's game/how she plays vs kirby?
She has a couple tricks and advantages here and there.

• The platform covers Peach from aerials well.
  • The Shy Guys can be bounced off with Peach Bomber (it's negligible though).
  • The ghost can save her, as White-Peach said. I wouldn't say it's a GREAT chance though. It's pretty rare for me at least.
She does have to deal with stupid Rock shenanigans though, and plus she can't groundfloat. The warpy floor might actually throw her auto-cancels off as well - giving her lag on her "lagless" aerials. But those can be overcome if the Peach is comfortable with the stage.

If you find the Peach isn't comfortable here, it could really throw them off.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
PS1 is a great Kirby stage, what do you like about it in general?

How would Peach do on the following 3 stages: Brinstar, Jungle Japes and Rainbow Cruise? They're what Kirby will CP 95% of the time (unless you're G&W, and better than Kirby on ALL of them...). What are a few stages Peach would CP?

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Brinstar is cool for refreshing your moves and doing cool Peach Bomber mindgames.

Jungle Japes is considered her best or one of her best stages. The water refreshes Float, she doesn't have to worry about getting KOed as much, etc.

I don't know much about RC, it's a rubbish stage :ohwell:

Top Bottom