• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

D

Deleted member 189823

How do you do that cute wavedash thingy? The one where you can hop repeteadly close to the ground and U-Air.

Nemy

群れ
How do you do that cute wavedash thingy? The one where you can hop repeteadly close to the ground and U-Air.
Ground float (hold jump + down) into unfloat repeatedly.

I like to dash forward and then do it. Makes it a bit smoother. You can also go back and forth making for a nice little dash dance. You can juggle most(all?) of the cast with float->uair->unfloat to about 60-70%.

D

Deleted member 189823

Another question. :v . . .

How do you do that sort of Down B out of a dash, like Kie does?

Nemy

群れ
Another question. :v . . .

How do you do that sort of Down B out of a dash, like Kie does?
Its actually pretty easy and a great technique.

Space yourself a good distance from the edge of the stage or a platform, dash (make sure youre in your full dash animation and not the initial dash) and when you hit the edge, pull a turnip.

Also there is something called bone walking, which IMO is overrated. The easiest way to do it is to set C-Stick to special attacks. You turn around and tap cstick down while peach turns around. It lets you move around while she pulls the turnip. Im not sure if its faster, and I dont think Ive seen Kie do it either.

D

Deleted member

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I was led to believe that bonewalking is actually the turnip pull out of the dash. The turn-around turnip pull is just called the "turnip free pull" or something along those lines. If I'm wrong, feel free to yell at me. =P

But yeah, basically, turnip out of a dash is really useful, and it's definitely worth practicing to get the timing right. The turn-around turnip is far less useful, but of course it never hurts to have another AT under your belt. I just wouldn't sacrifice my C-stick for it.

Nemy

群れ
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I was led to believe that bonewalking is actually the turnip pull out of the dash. The turn-around turnip pull is just called the "turnip free pull" or something along those lines. If I'm wrong, feel free to yell at me. =P

But yeah, basically, turnip out of a dash is really useful, and it's definitely worth practicing to get the timing right. The turn-around turnip is far less useful, but of course it never hurts to have another AT under your belt. I just wouldn't sacrifice my C-stick for it.
Maybe im the one whos wrong. I always thought free pull/bonewalking were the same thing. And I never considered turnip out of dash a real AT because, I mean, theres no trick to it and its not faster, unless theres something I dont know about of course

D

Deleted member

Maybe im the one whos wrong. I always thought free pull/bonewalking were the same thing. And I never considered turnip out of dash a real AT because, I mean, theres no trick to it and its not faster, unless theres something I dont know about of course
OH no, when I said "turnip out of a dash," I was referring to bonewalking, but I was rephrasing it to try and avoid confusion.

D

Deleted member

You perform a dash, and right around the end of the dash animation, you pull a turnip and then quickly tilt the Control Stick forward. Peach pulls a turnip while sliding forward. It gives more distance than the turn-around free pull, and it's really useful because it keeps Peach mobile.

Nemy

群れ
You perform a dash, and right around the end of the dash animation, you pull a turnip and then quickly tilt the Control Stick forward. Peach pulls a turnip while sliding forward. It gives more distance than the turn-around free pull, and it's really useful because it keeps Peach mobile.
Oh okay, I was taught that Bone Walking=Free pull.
This is actually very useful, thanks.

Also does anyone know how to attack with a turnip in hand? Like charge an Fsmash etc.

D

Deleted member

Also does anyone know how to attack with a turnip in hand? Like charge an Fsmash etc.
Use the C-stick while holding A. Of course, you'll have to find a way to hold the A button without throwing the turnip.

Crawlas

Smash Rookie
which button do you guys use to jump/float and do aerials with the c-stick? i got the best results with the Z button atm.. seems impossible to me with the x y buttons.

Nemy

群れ
which button do you guys use to jump/float and do aerials with the c-stick? i got the best results with the Z button atm.. seems impossible to me with the x y buttons.
I pay claw with Peach. So I end up using my pointer finger to hold y and my thumb on the c stick to attack. I Its a force of habit but works really well for me, and it allows for lots of control regarding movement and accuracy with your attacks. I usually alternate between that and pressing y+down+aerial (usually for a quick float nair or bair).

Top Bottom