• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

Sarix

Smash Ace
Thank you sir :) I also have another question. I mostly train with my younger bro's MK, but now he won't be able to train with me anymore. I would like to ask what do you guys do when you train alone with peach?? I just can't seem to find what to do. I'm a new peach player, i picked her up last week as my secondary :).

Thanks in advance :)
If you check the guide there's a Noob Guide section that should help you.

Some of the things I practice are my turnip play, floating, grabbing, and seeing in what ways each of her moves can be used for different situations.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I know this is a dumb question, but what are generally the best uses for ground float nair and when is it better to just do a normal nair? I'm trying to apply it into my game, but it's such an awkward move.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
A dumb thing I like to do is float in someone's bubble on the ground, and do a full nair while going backwards. No auto-cancel. Just a three-year hitbox of nair.

It's kind of an unnatural movement, but it lasts so long it usually hits.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
ground float nair seems to punish airdodges well, silly kyle looks like he uses it for shield pressure, and it also stops falco side b on stage.

What stuff can Peach get on lucas/ness out of grab release?

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Sometimes on SV as Peach I FH and instantly fall down at about half the usual FH height. Can anyone explain this and is there any way to do this on purpose?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You accidentally float somewhere during the middle and immediately cancel it for some reason. Float with Down instead.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
whats a better ICs counter, peach or rob?
Rob most likely, if your spacing is off w/ Peach, you can get grabbed, plus she dies earlier than Rob does, and doesn't have an amazing recovery like Rob's. She's still a good choice if you know what you're doing, but if your just picking her up for an IC counter, then I would say no IMO.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
So how exactly is the Marth MU? Do we get bodied hard? My opinion on that MU changes all the time so I'd like to know the general opinion.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Peach can fly, but Rob can also, and shoots lasers.

So how exactly is the Marth MU? Do we get bodied hard? My opinion on that MU changes all the time so I'd like to know the general opinion.
You get bodied if you love fair.

You can do k if you love bair.

Nordal

Smash Lord
Peach can fly, but Rob can also, and shoots lasers.

You get bodied if you love fair.

You can do k if you love bair.
Both are equally important. Fair covers more options head on. It's useful to outprioritize many of his approaches and play around his shield, but it's predictable and slow startup. Bair covers more if you're punishing whiffed attacks. Use your double jump to go up and then down onto his head if he nairs. Use double jump just to cover the distance for whiffed fairs from marth.

Peach loses to ICs (slightly I believe). ROB beats them according to v1nnie who was told so by 9B who plays ocean etc. etc.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Both are equally important. Fair covers more options head on. It's useful to outprioritize many of his approaches and play around his shield, but it's predictable and slow startup. Bair covers more if you're punishing whiffed attacks. Use your double jump to go up and then down onto his head if he nairs. Use double jump just to cover the distance for whiffed fairs from marth.
"Fair covers more options head on"??????????? Marth has an identical range fair to ours, but his is 10 frames faster.

Peach loses to ICs (slightly I believe). ROB beats them according to v1nnie who was told so by 9B who plays ocean etc. etc.
What kind of opinion is this? "I heard from this guy who knows this one guy."

Peach beats ICs. She flys. Combos Nana. AND has a projectile.

What other tools could you possibly ask for?

Nordal

Smash Lord
"Fair covers more options head on"??????????? Marth has an identical range fair to ours, but his is 10 frames faster.

What kind of opinion is this? "I heard from this guy who knows this one guy."

Peach beats ICs. She flys. Combos Nana. AND has a projectile.

What other tools could you possibly ask for?
If the hitbox for Peach's Fair is out and the hitbox for marth's is out and both are spaced well at equal horizontal range, Peach's beats it. I thought that was established a long time ago.

V1nnie and Kie are arguably the two best Peaches at the Ice Climber matchup, and they both have been losing consistently to IC players (9B beat them both when they were peach, and 3s@m beat v1nnie solidly in IC's vs peach). @nti also beat v1nnie's peach with IC's about a month ago I believe.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Peach has as much range in her fair as Marth? That's news to me.
What would the best option against a very fair happy Marth? Bait them out an bair?
Against sideB is the float out of it to a nair or bair still legit?
And is this a MU where I should actually save fair for the kill since it's not that great overall?
Gonna play this MU a lot in the future so it would be a good idea to prepare.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I originally asked just so that I can understand which character is worth putting time into for the long run. I feel that peach is much easier to pick up just because her play style seems well, rather simple. But seeing these comments, should prolly pick up rob instead. I guess I'll try asking my rob buddies for some tips. Its a bit different his playstle ive noticed when tinkering around with it and not really to used to it. Guess I'll practice it a bit then. Thanks guys :)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Peach is actually pretty damn hard to pick up. She is a hard character to play. Floating and such thing will at first really throw you off. Rob though is a pretty easy character to pick up as his basics aren't technical at all and he is overall solid.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Ehh ill probably pick up rob then.

One more question although it probably shouldn't be regarded to this character board. Out of curiosity, which is a better counter for ics, rob or diddy?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
rob beats ics, diddy/ics is even I think. thats what MU chart says at least, but MU chart is wrong about a lot of things so idk (it says rob/ics is even too...). Id ask diddy boards.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Some go as far a saying ICs beat Diddy, but when was the last time Vinnie or someone like that played a top Diddy?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Reposting from social.

Okay guys so I need to ask something.

The get-up-from-the-ledge-instantly-by-jumping-and-floating-trick.

I've always done it by grabbing the ledge, pressing and holding jump and down, then releasing jump once I'm on the stage. Then I release down and perform whatever action I want.

There's always a human element of delay in this, or I mess up my inputs because I'm trying to do it too fast. I see Kie using this to a lot greater effect- I never actually attempted to implement it in real games. Is there a trick to inputting this in a more practical way to go straight to an attack while still invulnerable?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
you can buffer an action out of it if you time it right if thats what you mean. as far as cancelling the instant float, I dont think theres a better way of doing it then that. its a matter of releasing the jump asap.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
you can buffer an action out of it if you time it right if thats what you mean. as far as cancelling the instant float, I dont think theres a better way of doing it then that. its a matter of releasing the jump asap.
How do you buffer an action besides Dair?

You can buffer the float out of the ledgejump but you can't buffer a dash attack because you need to hold down and jump. You can't buffer a nair either, because you have to hold down.

I want to figure out how Kie does the ledgefloat > invulnerable dash attack so consistently.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Whoops grammar fail lol

*Does Peach have any moves that trap well against a WALL when your opponent is against one? :p

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well at lower % you can Fthrow against a wall to a regrab. I am not 100% sure about this, but I've done it for about 0-50% at a Frigate Wall so I haven't had time to test if it goes any further. Other than that Peach is not the best at locking anyone against a wall. Maybe a jab works, but don't try that against characters like Marth who can just upB out of it.

Top Bottom