• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
just use whoever for what you need lol. that's such an 08/09 question. if it's easier for u as ddd then yes, he is a good 2nd.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Wow, I have actually never thought of it that way.
It's just that Marth and Snake are pretty much impossible for me with Peach and my Dedede isn't somewhat decent I guess. Just wanting to hear what you think that's all.
Does Peach even need a secondary?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Officially no, not really, since she has no unwinnable match-ups and her match-up spread is good enough as well.

However, you just need to be very good with her and being very good with Peach is also a very difficult task to accomplish. Moreover, every Peach player has one kind of match-up they absolutely detest but rarely do all Peach players share these sentiments about the same match-up. For example, some Peach players like you find Marth impossible to play against whereas others like me find him very agreeable. Meta Knight is imo her hardest match-up by far and while many would agree with me, many others would not. Player X maybe hate Toon Link, Wolf and Wario but Player Y may consistenly beat them and find them very easy as a result, but instead suffers against Diddy Kong, Marth and Mr Game and Watch.

Very long story cut short, this is a very personal thing and like Raz said: a secondary is good if he solves your own problems; (s)he is good if (s)he seems good to you.

:053:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
But he's not even hard DX. He has like... UpB and tippers. Use your fast aerial acceleration. Don't try to float bait unless you're 100% sure you're safe. Combo and pressure him when you get a hit. Marths like to do landing Fair or do UpB tricks as well, bait and punish punish punish. Now we're talking about landing and punish, you can punish A LOT of things Marth does, especially when he's landing. When he's offstage, try to edgehog him.

Marth in a nutshell.

:053:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
All right thanks. It's just that I seem to be out of options against Marth...
It's not like I get *****, but it's tough to win.
When he gets that hit, he will get more. And if you are off the stage, things get really ugly :(
And I fail at gimping Marths.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
All right thanks. It's just that I seem to be out of options against Marth...
It's not like I get *****, but it's tough to win.
When he gets that hit, he will get more. And if you are off the stage, things get really ugly :(
And I fail at gimping Marths.

I know that feeling. When he hits you, just go away and retaliate (unless you're sure you can punish him or Nair out blahblahblah). You have to be rather patient. Similar to Game and Watch he may not show it, but he has quite a lot of holes.

:052:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well yeah, I guess I gotta just learn it then. Marth just gives me a huge mental block. When he gets in a starts racking damage, I lose all hope :(
And it sucks to be spiked out of your upB too.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I loathe Marth, Snake (not as much), Falco and Sonic.

ATTENTION. QUESTION.

What's this thing about player ports? Why does it matter? Which is the most recommended either for me or Peach as a character?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The bigger the port, the better priority you have when you are in grabmode.
For example if you grab Snake and a nade goes boom, the one with smaller port receives knockback.
That's all I know.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
frick, how the hell do you do that thing where you're hanging on the ledge and the Peachs autocancel fairs back onto the stage.

I can't autocancel it for the life of me.
Hell, I can L.I.F.T back onto the stage and fair 100x easier lol
It's pissing me off that I've never been able to do this xD

Takumaru

Smash Lord
frick, how the hell do you do that thing where you're hanging on the ledge and the Peachs autocancel fairs back onto the stage.

I can't autocancel it for the life of me.
Hell, I can L.I.F.T back onto the stage and fair 100x easier lol
It's pissing me off that I've never been able to do this xD
I do it by pressing down and toward the stage, double jumping and hitting f-air at the same time. You can also do it with n-air.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I do it by pressing down and toward the stage, double jumping and hitting f-air at the same time. You can also do it with n-air.
Alright I'm gonna try that right now haha
Thanks!

EDIT: Ok I randomly got it a going a few times. I just don't see what I'm doing differently from before lol
But whatever you said helped it seems. I'll just practice it now. Thanks again :)

EDIT: ooohhhhh I know what I've been doing wrong for all these years. wow
When I'd double jump from the ledge I'd always jump slightly away from the ledge before fairing back onto the stage, which would make me not autocancel it. If that makes sense. I feel dumb.......

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Are IC a good secondary? I used them last time against Falco and Marth, the MUs I just cannot really do with Peach.
Anything important they cover? They would make me almost immune to stages like FD too :)

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Are IC a good secondary? I used them last time against Falco and Marth, the MUs I just cannot really do with Peach.
Anything important they cover? They would make me almost immune to stages like FD too :)
they would probably be better vs MK.

Fox too.

DDD...

Maybe TL, who knows.

Might have a slightly better MU vs Snake too.

it's hard to say, ICs are **** but if you're gonna use 'em you better be damn good y'kno.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well I am pretty much about the same level as I am with Peach with them. I don't have to deal with MKs either.
And I heard TL is like the worst IC MU D:
But I would approve the ability to character counterpick when they pick FC or SV or so on.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
How many side B's can you hit the sandbag with consecutively without touching the ground, floating, or double jumping in the wifi practice room?

I can get 9, is it possible to do more?

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Does anyone have some tips for fighting samus? I feel kinda lame, but I struggle with that MU. Maybe I'm just too impatient, but I feel like I walk through a wall of missiles only to get z-aired. :(

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
SAMUS?

WAHAHAHAHAHHAhahHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

watch some recent vids of me vs Xyro, i can't explain the matchup though since i suck at that stuff.
it's just experience i guess sorta like Toon Link but much easier.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
What are people's opinion on the Peach vs D3 match-up?
Is it even or D3's favour? And how stage dependant is it?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I have a control scheme question for you Peach mains:
Do you prefer C-Sticking or B-Sticking?
My current control scheme for Peach is L set to jump and tap-jump off, with c-stick set to smashes. I can pull off grounded aerials really well this way, but I have a lot of difficulty with free pulling. So which would you suggest I get used to?

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Easier free pulling isn't worth getting rid of uair strings and other useful things Peach can do with C-stick, imo. I personally almost never use free pulling except edge-canceled free pulls and bonewalks.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I would assume you could jump OoS, float-cancel back onto the ground and then jab, but at that point an OoS N-Air would probably work much better.

Twigz

Smash Apprentice
Hey umm is it bad to be glide tossing turnips in a whole game?? and is their a faster way to get rid of smashing every time? i tried stop playing the game for a month came back and i'm doing the same.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
You should avoid Forward Glide Tossing all the time as your opponent could punish you for it
Backwards Glide Tossing isn't bad cause it normally puts enough distance between you and your enemy to pull up another Turnip but don't always do that - you could use the Turnip to approach in the air and land a Fair/Floating Dair or you could D Throw the Turnip onto your opponent and follow up with a Fair if you're next to them - this can be a nice way to score a kill

Play around with your options with Turnips and you'll slowly pick up how best to use them in a matchup

Twigz

Smash Apprentice
Thank you sir :) I also have another question. I mostly train with my younger bro's MK, but now he won't be able to train with me anymore. I would like to ask what do you guys do when you train alone with peach?? I just can't seem to find what to do. I'm a new peach player, i picked her up last week as my secondary :).

Thanks in advance :)

Top Bottom