• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

r3d d09

Smash Master
I used peach in a teams RC match, she was actually decent. went against an mk and something else. cant remember. maybe it's just my playing style. i will post more when i can remember the match more clearly xD

Xyless

Smash Master
I honestly have no idea what Peach's bad stages are. I never really think about it.

RC is the closest one I can think of.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Thx to everyone who responded.

-What are "peach bomber mindgames" on Brinstar?

-What makes RC so bad for Peach?

-How does Peach do on Delfino?
you can peach bomber the vertical, destructible parts of the map. This means that, assuming you arent interrupted during the startup of the move, you arent liable for ending lag because you hit and then bounce off of these parts of the stage. The little bounce you get after hitting something doesnt paralyze you, you can attack out of it. And hey~ it refreshes moves :D

RC is bad because she has to keep up with the stage, too. Poor vertical movement can make her struggle to get around somewhat, but the real issue is that she's forced to be in the air where she isnt very safe. You almost HAVE to spam FAir to keep people getting too close because you cant shield/roll/spotdodge, and she can either FAir or airdodge, the latter of which is terrible. I dont think the stage is absolutely bad, but it has that tendency to magnify bad matchups, and not really do anything positive otherwise :p

Peach does well on delfino IMO. The upsmash guide shows that she has several points during the map switches where she can connect hits. She can stall well during the stage switching as well. The watery parts of the stage she can be a nuisance (i like to DAir and DI back so the last hit doesnt connect and they drop back into the water, rinse repeat). And the blast zones kind of make it a Jungle Japes - lite.

r3d d09

Smash Master
So everyone knows if you hold down on the analog stick and push a jump button. peach instanstly floats.

Question. does anyone know about if you tap the jump button two times really quickly, she will do a miniature jump just making her float a little higher.

I'm sure people know this since it's so easy. just wanted to make sure.

the ways i use this is on SV, if you do the double jump way, if they are on the plat and you are underneath, double jump float. up c stick or up A - if you are doing the free pull. and it has enough height to hit the player.

Something else i found out. not sure but after landing the Up A, i've been able to get an up tilt off as well, but this is only possible at low percentages.

I'm going to post later today what i do for mind games, it's silly, but it works effectively i think.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Is it possible to punish a point-blank shuttleloop with an upsmash?

Like if the person shuttleloops, you spot dodge it, you charge upsmash, he loops back towards you, you release and send him flying...

I would test myself and not have to ask, but I cant =(

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Is it possible to punish a point-blank shuttleloop with an upsmash?

Like if the person shuttleloops, you spot dodge it, you charge upsmash, he loops back towards you, you release and send him flying...

I would test myself and not have to ask, but I cant =(
No- he can just keep gliding, or he can cancel with B and fastfall to land behind you.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
So everyone knows if you hold down on the analog stick and push a jump button. peach instanstly floats.

Question. does anyone know about if you tap the jump button two times really quickly, she will do a miniature jump just making her float a little higher.

I'm sure people know this since it's so easy. just wanted to make sure.

the ways i use this is on SV, if you do the double jump way, if they are on the plat and you are underneath, double jump float. up c stick or up A - if you are doing the free pull. and it has enough height to hit the player.

Something else i found out. not sure but after landing the Up A, i've been able to get an up tilt off as well, but this is only possible at low percentages.

I'm going to post later today what i do for mind games, it's silly, but it works effectively i think.
Yeah, if you tap the jump button twice you'll float at whatever height you stopped the second jump, you'll lose it though.

You can hit people on the platform with Uair if you're high enough...but I'd use Utilt. I didn't get the free pull thing you mentioned. Are you talking about turnip free pull? I can't see its relation with what you were talking about.

KROE

Smash Cadet
:pOh wow, so many peach players are here too, Hopefully i'll be able to befriend most/all of you! and maybe everyone can help me, I'd love to help but I'm probably not good enuff! hehe but it won't stop me from trying! =3;)

r3d d09

Smash Master
Woah. Your okay?

And i was trying this out, and i just get miniature hops, not the double jump then float
that's what i meant that you get miniature hops.
I believe I'm okay, i'm taking work off today just in case. Practice my peach for a tourney this weekend.

I found that if early in a game, you show the opponent that the single hop doesn't reach on certain levels, I will use SV because i'm familiar with it. if the plat is off stage, and you chase them, they don't think you can hit them, so i mini hops ;) and go get pwn them, but this only works a few times.
but you can play mindgames with them, mini hop or not and get them off the plat.
keep them guessing.

:pOh wow, so many peach players are here too, Hopefully i'll be able to befriend most/all of you! and maybe everyone can help me, I'd love to help but I'm probably not good enuff! hehe but it won't stop me from trying! =3;)
... If i give advice, basically anyone can xD

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Buffering is inputting something during a period where the input will carry over and come out on the first frame available.

For example, if you drop your shield and press A...there's 7 frames to drop the shield, but you don't have to wait until the shield is dropped to press A, you can just press it while the shield is dropping and the jab will buffer and on the 8th frame you'll perform the jab.

With grabs, if you do something within ten frames of the throw animation ending, it'll do it immediately on the first frame it can.

That's how Pikachu's dthrow CG works, you have to buffer it by pressing grab again ten frames before the thrown ends so that the regrab occurs on the first frame possible or Falco'll escape.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
should we honestly answer pointed questions from people that are obviously trying to beat certain peaches?

coz imo it'd have to depend on who the person mains and what they're asking.

r3d d09

Smash Master
About buffer, Same thing goes with IC's we have buffer CG's. to where you throw, and you buffer the pivot grab or what ever you're trying to do.

just try it sometime, with peaches A like Praxis said. I was buffering slaps all day today against my friend. it was amusing.

BrianTheLion

Smash Journeyman
wheres the hibox for peaches toad? not the spore parti mean where do u have to hit peach when she is holding toad out for it to send out the spores.oh and lets say someone up-b's u from below can u wall spike them??? with toad of course ?

r3d d09

Smash Master
wheres the hibox for peaches toad? not the spore parti mean where do u have to hit peach when she is holding toad out for it to send out the spores.oh and lets say someone up-b's u from below can u wall spike them??? with toad of course ?
I believe it's like any counter and toad will act upon any damage being done to peach anywhere. but that doesn't mean the spores will hit them. aka from behind.

and I don't believe you can wall spike them like that, but have someone else with more experience talk about this.

BrianTheLion

Smash Journeyman
so lets say u were floating next to the ledge and use toad and another peach up-b's from under you trying to grab the ledge. wht would happen would the spores hit peach and wallspike her?

/\/\/\//\/\/\/\/\/\/ hmmm

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
should we honestly answer pointed questions from people that are obviously trying to beat certain peaches?

coz imo it'd have to depend on who the person mains and what they're asking.
Interesting. I guess as a general rule, decide who you're more familiar with and help them out.

Take for instance if one of your in-state buddies went to an OOS tournament to fight..., I dunno, Peachkid. While I like Peachkid, I'd help out my buddy since we're closer and I'd prefer to have a fellow Coloradoan win rather than another Peach.

Plus overall, you're also helping to advance the metagame if you're presenting enough of a challenge for the Peach. If the other Peach can figure out a suitable answer for whatever "advice" you gave to your buddy, bam, the metagame has advanced.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Yeah, it's a cool avatar.

so lets say u were floating next to the ledge and use toad and another peach up-b's from under you trying to grab the ledge. wht would happen would the spores hit peach and wallspike her?

/\/\/\//\/\/\/\/\/\/ hmmm
Then she'll die. The chance of this happening is 0,001% though.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
How well does toad work against the tornado? And should I even try to punish tornado against a good Mk? or is it just never worth even attempting.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
How well does toad work against the tornado? And should I even try to punish tornado against a good Mk? or is it just never worth even attempting.
I think it works if you time it right.

And it's definitely worth punishing the tornado. The top part can be out-prioritised by Dair and even Bair from certain angles.

Top Bottom