• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
edit:: Forget that.... you can't actually SDI it at all... I was misinformed!!! SORRY! :urg:

Got a location for Dthrow follow ups against various characters?

I'm tired of always trying to do something that will work against one charcter only to be ruined by another.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Just from reading that chaingrab thread, do we have a 0-40% combo on Wario?

(DThrow>BGrab)x1 > (DThrow>RGrab)x2 > Double-Hit Nair

7% + 7% + 7% + ~20%

Though, not accounting for the staling of dthrow and not knowing the exact damage of the DHnair, a 40ish% off-the-bat combo is nice.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
If he's bair camping scare him w/ upward glide tossed turnips and up tilt. Spacing ftilt cud work too but it's not that good to trade hits w/ kirby's bair since it does more damage and you're in the air vs. kirby so it's kinda hard to get down sometimes. u can try to space bair and clash as well or u cud camp out kirby's jumps and punish his landings w/ turnips.

idk it rly depends on how the kirby is using bair on u.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
You actually can SDI Zelda's upsmash. Fast fallers and heavy people can DI it into the ground and not take the final hit, and floaties and SDI out from the top corners. It's really hard to and you have to be at the right percents, but it works

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
You actually can SDI Zelda's upsmash. Fast fallers and heavy people can DI it into the ground and not take the final hit, and floaties and SDI out from the top corners. It's really hard to and you have to be at the right percents, but it works
Yeah this is true... but it only applies to 7 characters in the game who have ASDI to help them escape it quite easily. It's possible for others, just close to impossible =p Smallies can only get out when caught at the side and not at the centre. There's a certain staleness or something silly where it's impossible to SDI out of iirc.

I've tested pretty much every SDI technique on every character and it's so inconsistent :? You pretty much need to be in a perfect control situation or if it's mispaced or seen a mile off. But I suppose that's the tradeoff for being able to SDI it anyways. It's just a weeeeird move in general =p

As for peach's dair --> Can you SDI behind her to the side?

Thanks for the CG list. I was looking for proper finishers, but I can try to figure that out through experience.

Does Peach have many AT? After reading around various topics it seems as if peach has a lot, but I cannot really find many that are listed. Free turnip pulling, and floating are really the only ATs that I've seen listed. And glide tossing, but that's universal.

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman
Welcome. ;) Utilt and Ftilt are the most useful finishers in my opinion.

She has many ATs. :dizzy: Not all of them are useful such as the Dtilt slide but others such as the turnip Fsmash can be useful.

She has many ATs. :dizzy: Not all of them are useful such as the Dtilt slide but others such as the turnip Fsmash can be useful.
So the other ATs mentioned aren't big like a free turnip pull, floating or glide tossing? Those are like the only ones?

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman
The only ATs that I know of are Turnip Canceling, Glidetossing, Free Turnip Pulling, Turnip Fsmash, and Dtilt slide. Of those, Turnip Canceling and Glidetossing are the most well know and practiced. Free Turnip Pulling can be useful but it requires skill to learn it and the Turnip Fsmash is just obscure in my opinion. Dtilt slide is just a novelty unless someone can prove otherwise. I am probably forgetting some ATs though. :x

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
She actually has pretty useful AT's. Not VERY useful, but useful. Ledge cancel turnip, double/triple hitting turnip and floatland are kinda useful. Problem is, most of us lazy. If you're smart, you'd also learn these. Oh and the footstool thingie. But that seems to be hard o.o

Man, I should also learn these tricks... But I'm still too lazy.

FUNKLAB

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, sorry to both you but I've got a Q. I'm an avid ZSS mainer and am trying to pick up Peach but for some reason I can't float and do an aerial and stay in the air? I do have tap jump on so I think that's my problem. I can float but when everytime I Dair she slowly starts falling again. I Dair with Cstick because I'm holding up. Is there any way I can float and Dair and stay in the air with tap jump on? Thanks in advance. Peach is awesome.

FUNKLAB

Smash Cadet
Uh, you definately don't want to practice floating with the control stick.
It sucks, most Peaches have tap jump on.
On? really? well that's good to know cause I didn't want to change my whole controller setup. So hold X/Y to float and Dair with Cstick?

FUNKLAB

Smash Cadet
I prefer using aerials with 'A' button and control stick.
Some Peaches use the C-stick though.

It's all preference, I guess.
Alright, thanks a lot, dude. She's going to take some getting used to, but I love her so far, and I haven't even considered a new main for months.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

What!?! The Dtilt slide is smex. I use it all the time. Good spacing/evasion and follow up. That tech is so good. More people need to start using it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peach has alot of advance techs that she can use and help her out in battle. Here is the list of them and how it is done as well as a video to show you how it looks like.

[Glide Tossing]- As soon as you roll, toss the turnip up, down, left, or right and you will glide in the direction you rolled and toss the turnip. its easier if you use the c-stick to toss the turnip. You can glide toss foward or backwards. and toss the turnip in any direction you want.

Video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_-qWE3N84g

[Dtilt Cancel Glide]- If you Dtilt with Peach and time a move right as she pulls back, you will glide backwards while doing your attack. You can do this with jumping too. Takes practice but once you get the hang of it, its quite easy. And it is good for spacing.

Video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DKbK...eature=related

[Turnip Cancel]- You can pull a turnip out and cancel the animation half way off a platform or the edge. Run to the edge of the platform or edge and pull a turnip, as soon as you do it, hold it to the stick to the direction you was running. Done right and you can pull one off the edge/platform.

Here is the trick to do it, that people fail to realize or noticed. Just Run and pull a turnip towards the middle of the stage................Ok, Now do it but this time, after you pluck a turnip, Hold the control stick Foward. Noticed how Peach slides.

Now Run towards the edge, get a turnip and as soon as she goes to pull one out, hold the stick foward, and Peach will slide off and get a turnip. Thats how you REALLY do it. some people run to the edge and pull one out but dont hold the control stick foward. Thus you wont slide and can't turnip cancel.

Video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvFUOowcLa0&NR=1

[Turnip free Pull]- Video explains it all plus a couple of bonus tricks

Video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FieBCZAn_o0

[Floatland]- If you did not waste your float, you can do this by jumping off the edge and float. As soon as you hop off the edge., let go of it.

Video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPYB1zqJ810

[Dtilt Spike]- Here is a video explaining how to get a spike off of her Dtilt And Yes, this can be done off the edge for an official spike. For those who have trouble reading the text on the video:

You have to Dtilt Before it comes in contact with the enemy. if you do it as soon as your enemy is about to touch the floor, you won't spike with the Dtilt.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfafXVa9Xmk&fmt=18

[Reverse Peach bomber and Toad Technique. (Fair ledge cancel *bonus*)]- To do reverse bomber, you have to dash. And as soon as you hit B, quickly tap the stick in the other direction. Done right, You will F-B the other way from your dash animation.

For the reverse toad, Do you a dash and hit the control stick the other way. As soon as you tap the stick, let go of it quickly and hit B. Done right Peach will stop and toad in the other direction.

If you do a fair on stage from the edge fast enough, you can attack with Fair and it will auto cancel and you can do w/e you want right after. fair is the only air move that lags if you land at the wrong. if you unleash the attack and Peach's arm does not swing all the way down a few frames before the attack is over, you will lag.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2MD7...el_page&fmt=18

Hey guys, sorry to both you but I've got a Q. I'm an avid ZSS mainer and am trying to pick up Peach but for some reason I can't float and do an aerial and stay in the air? I do have tap jump on so I think that's my problem. I can float but when everytime I Dair she slowly starts falling again. I Dair with Cstick because I'm holding up. Is there any way I can float and Dair and stay in the air with tap jump on? Thanks in advance. Peach is awesome.
Tao jump does not really matter with floating at all. When I float I use the jump button and then press down at the hight I wanna float at. then move with ths control stick while I hold down on the jump button. it is that easy. Now for doing air attacks, while I have my thump on the control stick, I also have it on the A button. And if I need to an air atack. I lean my thumo on the A button hold still holding the jump button.

To me it is the easiest way to float. kill 2 birds with one stone.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
what direction can you DI out of sheik's ftilt and not get up-smashed for 30 percent?

also, how do you recover against a DDD?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I agree that tap jump does not effect floating at all for the reasons Dark stated. I can actually play Peach with tap jump on or off and I don't notice a difference. The ONLY real difference I know is that upsmashing out of shield is a bit tricky with tap jump off.

Finally, activity to this thread xD Which configuration do you all find suits peach best? Mine is the standard, but with Tap off, Z to attack, R to grab and X to special.

What!?! The Dtilt slide is smex. I use it all the time. Good spacing/evasion and follow up. That tech is so good. More people need to start using it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peach has alot of advance techs that she can use and help her out in battle. Here is the list of them and how it is done as well as a video to show you how it looks like.

[Glide Tossing]- As soon as you roll, toss the turnip up, down, left, or right and you will glide in the direction you rolled and toss the turnip. its easier if you use the c-stick to toss the turnip. You can glide toss foward or backwards. and toss the turnip in any direction you want.

Video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_-qWE3N84g

Got this down. Is there any use at all to throwing a turnip down?

[Dtilt Cancel Glide]- If you Dtilt with Peach and time a move right as she pulls back, you will glide backwards while doing your attack. You can do this with jumping too. Takes practice but once you get the hang of it, its quite easy. And it is good for spacing.

Video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DKbK...eature=related

Video doesn't work lol invalid video ID or something like that. Is Dtilt gliding supposed to move very far back? It seems to be to be equal to the range of a studder step everytime I do it.

[Turnip Cancel]- You can pull a turnip out and cancel the animation half way off a platform or the edge. Run to the edge of the platform or edge and pull a turnip, as soon as you do it, hold it to the stick to the direction you was running. Done right and you can pull one off the edge/platform.

Here is the trick to do it, that people fail to realize or noticed. Just Run and pull a turnip towards the middle of the stage................Ok, Now do it but this time, after you pluck a turnip, Hold the control stick Foward. Noticed how Peach slides.

Now Run towards the edge, get a turnip and as soon as she goes to pull one out, hold the stick foward, and Peach will slide off and get a turnip. Thats how you REALLY do it. some people run to the edge and pull one out but dont hold the control stick foward. Thus you wont slide and can't turnip cancel.

Video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvFUOowcLa0&NR=1

Didn't know how that was performed till now. Nice alternative method to hugging. Going to use this lots.

[Turnip free Pull]- Video explains it all plus a couple of bonus tricks

Video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FieBCZAn_o0

I cannot get this to work on a turn around. Probably because I'm using the Down B method instead of B-sticking. I can get it to work on a dash though. Been able to chain 4-5 of these in a row before messing up and not sliding.

[Floatland]- If you did not waste your float, you can do this by jumping off the edge and float. As soon as you hop off the edge., let go of it.

Video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPYB1zqJ810

I don't quite understand what I'm supposed to be seeing here :/ It seems like simply hugging the ledge to me o.0

[Dtilt Spike]- Here is a video explaining how to get a spike off of her Dtilt And Yes, this can be done off the edge for an official spike. For those who have trouble reading the text on the video:

You have to Dtilt Before it comes in contact with the enemy. if you do it as soon as your enemy is about to touch the floor, you won't spike with the Dtilt.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfafXVa9Xmk&fmt=18

Can you spike certain recoveries with this? Like MKs UpB, Marth's UpB, etc. ?

[Reverse Peach bomber and Toad Technique. (Fair ledge cancel *bonus*)]- To do reverse bomber, you have to dash. And as soon as you hit B, quickly tap the stick in the other direction. Done right, You will F-B the other way from your dash animation.

For the reverse toad, Do you a dash and hit the control stick the other way. As soon as you tap the stick, let go of it quickly and hit B. Done right Peach will stop and toad in the other direction.

If you do a fair on stage from the edge fast enough, you can attack with Fair and it will auto cancel and you can do w/e you want right after. fair is the only air move that lags if you land at the wrong. if you unleash the attack and Peach's arm does not swing all the way down a few frames before the attack is over, you will lag.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2MD7...el_page&fmt=18

B-reversals for the win xD Or whatver the generic term is. I get momentum changing with reversals mixed up. So Fair is the only attack that can be auto canceled in certain frames? Uair, Nair, Bair, Dair can autocancel during any part of the duration of the move right?

Tao jump does not really matter with floating at all. When I float I use the jump button and then press down at the hight I wanna float at. then move with ths control stick while I hold down on the jump button. it is that easy. Now for doing air attacks, while I have my thump on the control stick, I also have it on the A button. And if I need to an air atack. I lean my thumo on the A button hold still holding the jump button.

To me it is the easiest way to float. kill 2 birds with one stone.

I do exactly this.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
what direction can you DI out of sheik's ftilt and not get up-smashed for 30 percent?

also, how do you recover against a DDD?
SDI up and to her to get out. Ftilt pulls you in.

Don't move in DDD too much or try to attack him. Or air dodge. pull in and out a lil to bluff his attacks and move closer to the stage. If you can, recover really high towards the top of stage.

Finally, activity to this thread xD Which configuration do you all find suits peach best? Mine is the standard, but with Tap off, Z to attack, R to grab and X to special.
I just take tap jump off for easy uptilt follow ups

Got this down. Is there any use at all to throwing a turnip down?
Yea, of you know one is expecting a glide toss and wands to block, side step or counter, toss it down and grab them. or do it and wait for them to do it then attack/grab them. *points to head* mindgames ;D

Video doesn't work lol invalid video ID or something like that. Is Dtilt gliding supposed to move very far back? It seems to be to be equal to the range of a studder step everytime I do it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DKbKcTIlPI&feature=related

It moves you a good distance back and good for follow up evasions. Check it out.

I cannot get this to work on a turn around. Probably because I'm using the Down B method instead of B-sticking. I can get it to work on a dash though. Been able to chain 4-5 of these in a row before messing up and not sliding
Talk to someone who does this alot. I don't even use this.

I don't quite understand what I'm supposed to be seeing here :/ It seems like simply hugging the ledge to me o.0
Pay close attention. What is going on here is if you still have your float, jump from the ledge, soon as you do, start floating. And as soon as you do that, let go of it. Peach will cancel her ledge jump and float on stage, and then you instantly let go of the stage. it's a quick was to get back on stage and do w/e you want soon after. Watch the video a few times and play close attention. Pause it if needed too.

Can you spike certain recoveries with this? Like MKs UpB, Marth's UpB, etc. ?
Yea on some but really hard. Others is just timing.

B-reversals for the win xD Or whatver the generic term is. I get momentum changing with reversals mixed up. So Fair is the only attack that can be auto canceled in certain frames? Uair, Nair, Bair, Dair can autocancel during any part of the duration of the move right?
Correct.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
That's good. I keep using Uair for my recoveries. It's a commonality Peach shares with MK, and Wario, my other two primary characters. Well... I think Wario's best recovery aerial is uair, ha ha.

For countering, is it better to go with nair out of shield, or can floating out of shield work too? I see a lot of videos utilizing nair, but I've been going for floated dairs and fairs. but, to be fair, I don't get too much experience with good players.

thanks in advanced!

-Tuen

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
If they are close enough, Nair out of the shield. If not retreating short hopped fairs are also go to break from their range and hit them if they wanna follow and hit you. Or simply Jab out of the shield.

Top Bottom