• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

Player01

Smash Journeyman
I don't see where he could possible touch the ground though... :(

You can read the comments under the video, but his answer to my question didn't make much sense to me...
logically it makes no sence. he upBed into the bomb therefore he LOST his second jump yet he uses it later on. it isnt right he probably touched the ground RIGHT before he hits the firebox thing(thats the closest he gets to the ground imo).

logically it cant work. no way at all. thats how i see it.

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
Ok... Well thanks for your help. :)

I guess I'll just have to do it a different and much harder way. D:

But I didn't know that walking off of a platform counts as losing a jump, because I upBed the smartbomb while on a platform, and I still had both jumps left. Oh well, I learned something today. :)

Player01

Smash Journeyman
Yup; auto-floating, that's the one.

I've got glide tossing down. I've just got to do the turnip slide move. I fought a good Peach who did this, so I knew what you meant. That actually was my intent: I was wondering whether that was worth learning; after I fought the Peach I thought it was worth looking up. Thx. Got a vid tutorial for it?
i know there was a thread on it but i dont remember if it had a vid. basically it is what i explained eariler. if my explaination wasnt good enough i could try going into more detail; that was basically a quick summary.

imo though i dont see it to be too useful because of its difficulty but if that peach you played really made good use of it then i may be wrong.

btw this is a good AT vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBWe...pull&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa&feature=player_embedded

Player01

Smash Journeyman
Ok... Well thanks for your help. :)

I guess I'll just have to do it a different and much harder way. D:

But I didn't know that walking off of a platform counts as losing a jump, because I upBed the smartbomb while on a platform, and I still had both jumps left. Oh well, I learned something today. :)
its more like anytime your in the air you can only jump once and upB; its not only walking off a platform, same thing happens if you walk off the stage. i guess its like losing a jump yeah. how do you upB a bomb and have two jumps, let alone one unless you touch the ground. meh doesnt matter.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
i know there was a thread on it but i dont remember if it had a vid. basically it is what i explained eariler. if my explaination wasnt good enough i could try going into more detail; that was basically a quick summary.

imo though i dont see it to be too useful because of its difficulty but if that peach you played really made good use of it then i may be wrong.

btw this is a good AT vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBWe...pull&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa&feature=player_embedded
it was more or less a time-efficient move that cut the step of stopping, plucking a turnip, and then approaching again. It just makes the approach smoother and can psych out an opponent who never fights Peach players that do that.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
How do you turnip free pull without b-sticking? I know it's possible cuz i'm done it while playing around w/ sandbag waiting for an online match.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Excuse my double post please, I don't think editing my above post would've got my question noticed.

Anyways, I've been wondering.

How does Peach's dash speed compare with her Floating speed? Are they both the same or is one faster than the other?

Also, is her air acceleration faster when she's Floating, or jumping (like moving to an opponent, and then moving back)?

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
How do you turnip free pull without b-sticking? I know it's possible cuz i'm done it while playing around w/ sandbag waiting for an online match.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6511857#post6511857

It isn't easy to do, but it's very doable with practice.

Excuse my double post please, I don't think editing my above post would've got my question noticed.

How does Peach's dash speed compare with her Floating speed? Are they both the same or is one faster than the other?

Also, is her air acceleration faster when she's Floating, or jumping (like moving to an opponent, and then moving back)?
I believe her floating speed is comparable to her walking speed... either way it's pretty slow xP. Comparing it to the rest of the Brawl cast it's below average. Interestingly her air speed was fourth best in melee, but her aerial acceleration was much worse (iirc bad aerial acceleration was a characteristic of melee).

Her aerial acceleration remains uniform whether she's jumping or floating, it's just more obvious when she's floating.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
RISE!

Thought I'd bump this - seeing as we've has the occasional newbie question here and there. Plus, I've got one myself.

Notice in this video at 2:37: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uezAQPPx1BM

Edreeses catches a sword by what looks like... jumping. It's not an nair or airdodge, I don't think. What'd he do to catch it?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Z? I see...

*analyzes controller from various angles*

I thought I tried that before and I airdodged... >___>

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303

Her floating speed is marginally slower than her dash speed, but a bit faster than walking. Either way, Peach isn't exactly fast in terms of movement...

And I'm fairly sure that aerial acceleration would be the same.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Can't we just smash DI out of tornado and nair?

I've been doing it pretty often lately, but I'm not sure if it's just me, or if the MK is "tornadoing wrong."

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
What would you say the odds of pulling a stichface or 'dot eyes' are?

I saw on the AiB HRC, someone said stich was 1/57~ I was wondering if anyones actually done testing.
IIRC, the chances of pulling a stitchface are 1 in 58.

Hey guys, I have another question. You know how you can grab a turnip, jump into the air and have it drop without throwing it? Well, is there a way to do that without air dodging at the same time? When I press either the shield or grab button it always air dodges as well. Can someone help me on this?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I've tried using Z and the grab button, but it won't work. If it helps, I'm using the Wiichuck combo. (Yes, I know, use the Gamecube controller etc.)

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
That would make sense.

So with my three seconds of experimenting with these two stick things in my hands, I can z-drop by pressing A and B at the same time, or the left and right arrow buttons.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Thanks Meno. It worked perfectly! :)

I have a couple mroe turnip related questions, if that's OK:

1) Sometimes when I glide toss turnips, Peach hardly slides at all, but other times she slides A LOT. How come the distance she slides varies so much?

2) WHat uses (if any) does glide tossing turnips upwards have?

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
1) Sometimes when I glide toss turnips, Peach hardly slides at all, but other times she slides A LOT. How come the distance she slides varies so much?
The distance she slides depends on what frames you input the turnip throw. Her roll can be interrupted by a turnip throw on frames 1-5. If the turnip throw is inputted on frames 1 or 2 she won't go very far. If the turnip throw is inputted on frames 3, 4, or 5 she slides a good distance.

So yeah, just delay throwing the turnip a bit and you should be gold.

I'm sure someone else can answer this better than I can, but glide tossing them up while sliding away from your opponent can be good if they're intent on approaching, as it divides their attention, can cause openings, mess up their timing, etc.

Other than that it's always good if you need to slide the extra distance to hit someone when they're above you.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
think of it as something akin to snake's USmash

Its easy to get 2 in the air while your opponent is trying to recover (high or low, it doesnt matter really) it basically places limitations on where your opponent can or cannot move (if they move into a turnip, obviously they take damage and receive hitstun, which can lead to a followup hit by peach if you play accordingly.) The obstacle you create is less important than your ability to read their reaction to it and punish accordingly, and that comes with time and experience.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
1. What can you do against G&W's bair? Other than toad it.

2. Is it really that risky to approach snake? Should peaches just camp him?

3. Is b-sticking useful enough to have any real effect in-game? I want to know if it is worth the trouble to change my control settings just for B-sticking.

IxxI

Smash Fence
1. Shielding then rolling away is your best bet. Just out camp GW.

2. You can try running and shielding, then OOS dair.

3. I don't use it.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
As Peach, you can actually make his turtle incredibly unsafe. If you know it's coming: pull a turnip, shield, and throw it oos shield once it's done. If you're caught in it: SDI behind and bair.

Pfft. Turtle.

3. Is b-sticking useful enough to have any real effect in-game? I want to know if it is worth the trouble to change my control settings just for B-sticking.
It's really useful - but only if you wanna give up more useful things, like instant smashes, and more control over your aerials. It's super fun and super useful as a spacing/momentum tool, but I'll always call it a bad trade.

Do it if you want to mix things up and have a little more fun with Peach. But don't do it if you massively rely on the cstick already.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Thanks Meno. It worked perfectly! :)

I have a couple mroe turnip related questions, if that's OK:

2- You can drag them with your momentum going Foward to an uptilt. (my signature move). Also make it rain turnips and make it hard for your enemy to touch the floor.

2. Is it really that risky to approach snake? Should peaches just camp him?

1- DI out of it while going behind him and Bair him as a counter attack. Done.

2- You can approach him, just not a smart idea when he is camping you. Best think in this cause is to camp him. Mot if he is not camping you and all, you can approach him and not have much to fear, just be aware Snakes will like to bait you, walk slow and then use tilts.

3- It would only increase your evasion by a lil, but at the same time, you can't space moves well. I need my spacing, so a lil more evasion is not as important as spacing.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
A couple of questions:

1) Peach's toad, does it's knockback and damage depend on the damage and knockback being countered?

2) When I pull out Mr. Saturns, I find that sometimes it stays around for a long time, while other times it disappears after a little while, what dictates how long it last? Also, how is the priority of Mr. Saturn?

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
1) Peach's toad, does it's knockback and damage depend on the damage and knockback being countered?
Nope, it'll always do a maximum of 18%

2) When I pull out Mr. Saturns, I find that sometimes it stays around for a long time, while other times it disappears after a little while, what dictates how long it last? Also, how is the priority of Mr. Saturn?
I don't know about the lasting factor, but as far as priority goes, it's pretty low. He clanks and bounces off most of the time.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
I would assume the amount of time Mr. Saturn stays out is random, though I doubt anyone has really tested it.

hiROI

Smash Lord
I think the longer he stays on the ground the quicker he disappears. I think he has the same properties as ROB's Gyro

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I think the longer he stays on the ground the quicker he disappears. I think he has the same properties as ROB's Gyro
Actually, I was always under the impression that Mr Saturn would last forever if he was simply on screen.

If you throw him at any point off screen, he tends to disappear.

hiROI

Smash Lord
Actually, I was always under the impression that Mr Saturn would last forever if he was simply on screen.

If you throw him at any point off screen, he tends to disappear.
My friend was telling me that as long as ROB's gyro is in the air it won't disappear. I just assumed this was the same with Mr. Saturn.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
This has been asked on the previous page. It has also been answered already by a B-sticking Peach:

It's really useful - but only if you wanna give up more useful things, like instant smashes, and more control over your aerials. It's super fun and super useful as a spacing/momentum tool, but I'll always call it a bad trade.

Do it if you want to mix things up and have a little more fun with Peach. But don't do it if you massively rely on the cstick already.
There ya go.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I have some questions regarding Brawl+.

1) How much does more hitstun benefit her?

2) What buffs/nerfs has she received? I heard that DSmash has been improved. Is that true? Have they given her air dodge more invincibility frames? Are there any other move changes to be aware of?

Top Bottom