• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
We should strive to have the least amount of stickies possible.

Take down the SDI project until there's some good amount of info in it.

Take down the frame data, and sticky Excel's guide which contains it and A LOT more info.

BentoBox

Smash Master
You could also merge d.pch's guide into Excel's. Excel's guide doesn't thoroughly explain Peach's ATs which are somewhat covered in d.pch's and NikoK's recent tutorial vid. d.Pch's guide covers turnips in detail as well as basic approaches... All in all, I feel like both guides complement each other well and I believe such relevant information should be found in one thread only, if possible.

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
No you don't, you can do everything with the Wiichuck combo. I use it and I can do everything just the same.
it's not a question of being able to or not, it's a question of being able to do it WELL or not as well as the ease of use.

Shockdrake

Smash Cadet
I have two questions:

1) I've been toying with the idea of clawing, but I decided not to. So right now, I play my game only able to c-stick aerials when I'm not floating. I have a shoulder button set to jump, but I don't think I can get used to using it instead of X. I'd rather not take out the spring either. So my concern is, after I float, can I hold X, press and hold my shoulder jump button, and then let go X and stay floating? That would let me quickly switch which hand holds the float and let my right hand c-stick.

I'd test this myself, but I don't have access to a wii right now.

2) While holding an item and trying to play while holding it, can you hold it with Z and still fsmash with the [cstick + let go of attack button] trick?

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
I have two questions:

1) I've been toying with the idea of clawing, but I decided not to. So right now, I play my game only able to c-stick aerials when I'm not floating. I have a shoulder button set to jump, but I don't think I can get used to using it instead of X. I'd rather not take out the spring either. So my concern is, after I float, can I hold X, press and hold my shoulder jump button, and then let go X and stay floating? That would let me quickly switch which hand holds the float and let my right hand c-stick.

I'd test this myself, but I don't have access to a wii right now.

2) While holding an item and trying to play while holding it, can you hold it with Z and still fsmash with the [cstick + let go of attack button] trick?
1) I don't see what the use in all that is...I mean why not just have jump set to x and use control stick + A button for aerials? Is it really that hard to do for you?

2) she can fsmash with a turnip but not with a beam sword or something like that, she'll end up using the smash attack that the weapon provides.

Shockdrake

Smash Cadet
Is it really that hard to do for you?
That's pretty condescending the way I'm reading it...

But to answer your question, it's easier to do for me, since that's how I already control Peach in a float. But you have more aerial control if you can c-stick your aerials. If this works (I still don't have brawl access), then I can instant float and space an fair to edgeguard a recovering opponent very accurately. Using A gives you room for error and doesn't let you space as well. There's no reason to use A over C-stick if spacing is important, except when you need an aerial directly after a jump.

For the second question, I was trying to ask if Z could be used as an attack button when you fsmash with a turnip. I know you can do it with any button set to attack by flicking the c-stick and letting go of the attack button quickly. But because Z is a combination of shield + A, I'm not too sure if Z can be used for this purpose.

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
That's pretty condescending the way I'm reading it...

But to answer your question, it's easier to do for me, since that's how I already control Peach in a float. But you have more aerial control if you can c-stick your aerials. If this works (I still don't have brawl access), then I can instant float and space an fair to edgeguard a recovering opponent very accurately. Using A gives you room for error and doesn't let you space as well. There's no reason to use A over C-stick if spacing is important, except when you need an aerial directly after a jump.

For the second question, I was trying to ask if Z could be used as an attack button when you fsmash with a turnip. I know you can do it with any button set to attack by flicking the c-stick and letting go of the attack button quickly. But because Z is a combination of shield + A, I'm not too sure if Z can be used for this purpose.
I'm sorry about that, I didn't mean to sound like that, you know what? I'll test all that for you...

be back in a bit...

EDIT: okay, I tested it and the jumping thing works, you can have X and R as jump and start a glide with X and then switch to R to keep gliding, the only thing is that you have to let go of x and switch to R right in between the second jump before the glide, it's not difficult timing at all so this shouldn't be a problem.

the attacking with Z and a turnip thing...I don't think it works from what I tried, but I might be doing it wrong, tell me what you have set to Z (I have it on grab) and what the button procedure to fsmash with a turnip is.

Shockdrake

Smash Cadet
Thanks a lot.

The jump thing is good news to me. =)

For the attack trick, hold A when you pick up an item (or hold any attack button), then c-stick left/right and quickly let go of A. I have Z set to grab also. I usually have Attack on my free shoulder button to do this, but now that I'm assigning Jump to it instead, I'm hoping Z will work just as well. Try it with A or a shoulder Attack button first.

This tends to be very effective versus ROB. Steal his gyro and you can float all day and aerial combo (you don't throw when you aerial while floating), and at the same time, you can also space on the ground with fsmash. You lose jab, utilt and dtilt and usmash/dmash, but to nullify one of ROB's basic approaches/mindgames (smart glidetosses) and an annoying projectile, it can be worth it. He might even try to throw out another gyro on instinct, even though you have it in your hand.

And of course, you can throw or glidetoss the gyro at him at any time. You're not committed. You can throw it up and do things and then recatch it too. And finally, he'll be in the "she-might-throw-it-at-me-!" mindset the whole time. It's pretty good.

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
Thanks a lot.

The jump thing is good news to me. =)

For the attack trick, hold A when you pick up an item (or hold any attack button), then c-stick left/right and quickly let go of A. I have Z set to grab also. I usually have Attack on my free shoulder button to do this, but now that I'm assigning Jump to it instead, I'm hoping Z will work just as well. Try it with A or a shoulder Attack button first.

This tends to be very effective versus ROB. Steal his gyro and you can float all day and aerial combo (you don't throw when you aerial while floating), and at the same time, you can also space on the ground with fsmash. You lose jab, utilt and dtilt and usmash/dmash, but to nullify one of ROB's basic approaches/mindgames (smart glidetosses) and an annoying projectile, it can be worth it. He might even try to throw out another gyro on instinct, even though you have it in your hand.

And of course, you can throw or glidetoss the gyro at him at any time. You're not committed. You can throw it up and do things and then recatch it too. And finally, he'll be in the "she-might-throw-it-at-me-!" mindset the whole time. It's pretty good.
the attacking with turnip/Z button thing doesn't work when Z is set to grab, but it does when it's set to attack, but I think you were going for it to be set as grab right? so then yeah, it doesn't work, sorry.

Xyless

Smash Master
Whoops, guess I asked wrong. I know what it is, I was wondering who all is one.

Was talking to a friend earlier about it, though it was more about the Lucas BRoomers.

Kaitou Ace

Smash Apprentice
I know this might seem a bit shameful but, I'm having big problems with... Link @_@
I know his moves are really laggy but as soon as I go in to punish, he ftilts me or fsmashes and his constant projectile spam beats my turnips, hard.

What should I do, guys? @_@

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Links projectiles are not that quick. So just evade them while you have a turnip in your hand. Then when you are in good range of him, toss it and follow it up. Link is not all that fast so not hard to stay on him. His projectiles are not that fast nether.

Link can out space you so you can't just rush him like that. Use turnips to screw it up. Once in his face jab him alot, this screws him up and you can pressure him.

Don't stay in the air alot and try to get the dair combos. Its really a typical thing to expect from Peach and it is getting old. people know what to do against it now. So learn how to fight on the ground well (most peach players don't know how, depend on the air too much, big mistake) Short hop your Dairs to stop most of Links stuff and take it from there. Time glide tosses help.

Player01

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody know if dair cancel>upsmash is a guarantee hit, or dair canceled>anything for that matter?

And if it isnt guaranteed is it still effective in competitive battles?

Player01

Smash Journeyman
People have had mixed opinions on it. It's not a 'true' combo, but it can work.
I see, thanks. Earlier today i was trying to find set ups for upsmash, seeing how this would greatly improve peaches killing game, her biggest weakness.

Whats the best upsmash set-up you know?

Player01

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much hyphen smashing, or just getting lucky to be honest. It's a really situational move that requires precision, and sometimes luck.
Yeah and thats what sucks. if we could find a reliable way to set this up it could change peach's game dramatically. obviously moves with set or minimal knockback would be required.

idk, the dair cancel seemed to be the most usuable to me. maybe one day something will be found.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Yeah and thats what sucks. if we could find a reliable way to set this up it could change peach's game dramatically. obviously moves with set or minimal knockback would be required.

idk, the dair cancel seemed to be the most usuable to me. maybe one day something will be found.
Yes, d-air cancel works very well for upsmashes... try to come in at a angle with the d-air so you will pop them up under your hand when you upsmash so you get more precision and a better sweet spot.

Player01

Smash Journeyman
i have another question; how do you do the double bair/nair hit. i've done the double bair a few times by chance before but i dont know how.

hiROI

Smash Lord
Question: What is the best way to dogde Mr. Game and Watch's Turtle and capitalize on it.? I just use counter when he approaches because of predictability, but I feel there is something better. Thanks in advance.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You can really dodge that move. I think toad would work but it is risky, If you get caught, tap DI out of it and get behind him and Bair him.

hiROI

Smash Lord
Thanks Dark! Lately Game and Watch is being a harder match up for me. I used to win most of the time, and now its one win for him, and one win for me, etc. Also, bucket cancelling doesnt help me much either. I must practice more! >:D

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
That bucket crap is annoying. have a good game with turnips. To get some damage then launch him, then get a good edgeguard on him. I had to fight one in a tournament match yestersay. I tried my best to rack up damagew ith turnips, short hop dairs to Nairs and grabs. then got him off stage and do my best to finish him off stage. That got the job done.

I need practice with ROB, I do bad against him now, a match up I need to learn again.

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
I need practice with ROB, I do bad against him now, a match up I need to learn again.
You should give me some tips when you get the match-up down. It seems that ROB just throws Peach around the entire match, and I can't do anything about it.

Xyless

Smash Master
I can say from personal experience (ROB being my second most played against character) that ROB is a pain to fight. His top is thrown higher than him, and all good ROBs know how to keep their tops within reach. That makes floating dairs really hard to pull off, as there is really no height that you can pull it off without fear of his top.

Also, his ftilt can fill in for the top to screw up floats if he doesn't have it with him. And he pretty much has Peach's melee dsmash (not as strong, mind you, but we've coined it the "Peach Grinder"), and I can guarantee it'll be spammed somewhat. his aerials have top priority, broken hitboxes, and can cover lots of him.

He's such an annoying character to play.

Top Bottom