• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I updated the illustration and added a vertical version.

I hope their still accurate.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Yea you have to be really careful you don't accidently start up your Float when momentum cancelling

What's interesting is that I didn't notice the Peach Bomber thing last time I watched that video
It seems that if you use your 2nd jump, you go much higher but you don't go back as far. You'll notice that when Peach Bomber is used, Peach moves furthur horizontally before Peach launches herself forward for Peach Bomber but she doesn't go vertically as much

Hmm...I wonder if because infzy made Peach float after she'd used her jump that had any impact on where she travelled back. I'll look into that later on

So if you're nowhere near the vertical ceiling boundry when recovering horizontally, your 2nd jump would be best

@air - FF Nair is only good for avoiding the ceiling. Nair might come out faster than Uair but Uair ends much much much sooner, which is crucial for horizontal recovery as it allows you to jump sooner

BentoBox

Smash Master
I prefer bomber because it gives you more options when returning back to the stage~ Having your jump available can always be useful against aggressive ledge defending~

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
@air - FF Nair is only good for avoiding the ceiling. Nair might come out faster than Uair but Uair ends much much much sooner, which is crucial for horizontal recovery as it allows you to jump sooner

No I wasnt talking about horizontal recovery, veticle.
I was looking at Meno's diagram and it says FF Dair.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
depends on how high I am on the stage though b/c I'm wary about using bomber after uair against opponents w/ multiple jumps or high jumps like falco/zss/d3/mk etc. it depends I guess. @bento's post, i need to quote.

BentoBox

Smash Master
I meant when recovering from the far corners of the stage. Nobody is realistically going to follow you that far off-stage. It is only when getting closer to the stage that they will attempt to edgeguard you, and that is when having your second jump can come in handy.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I thought Nair was a better FF option since it comes out on frame 3.
Hits on frame 3, but lasts 49.

Dair lasts 39.

In order of duration, it's:
Uair - 35
Dair - 39
Nair - 49
Fair - 54
Bair - 54

Hmm...I wonder if because infzy made Peach float after she'd used her jump that had any impact on where she travelled back. I'll look into that later on
Now that you mention it, that's what it kinda looks like. I dunno though...

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Can someone explain when the peach bomber will actually bounce off someone's shield or spot dodge instead of just phasing through it? Lately I've been really just hating how I predict a dude is gonna shield and plan for the bounce only to have this ******** move phase through the guy when the target is right inside bomber range. ;x

BentoBox

Smash Master
My guess is that a large enough part of his hurtbox needs to be exposed when shielding for you not to go through it, you'd then bounce off... And about spotdodging, it might be that while say Peach is invincible from frames 2 to 20, she only changes planes from 5 to 15, meaning that you can make contact with her hurtbox from 2~5 & 5~15, even though you won't land any damage.

I just made all of this up though so I suggest you pm hotgarbage about the mechanics xD

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Oh I have a good question!

What ever happened to Tigerwoods? :(

Kaitou Ace

Smash Apprentice
I'm really into Peach and I think she has a lot of potential. However, I always get screwed over by miscalculated MK dsmashes or Falco fsmashes. What's the best way to approach and then when the damage is high enough, appropriately kill a higher-tier character who out-prioritizes you? :< Thanks

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Oh I have a good question!

What ever happened to Tigerwoods? :(
He went off on a few trips - along with some work on some of his projects. He's around on rare occasions.

I'm really into Peach and I think she has a lot of potential. However, I always get screwed over by miscalculated MK dsmashes or Falco fsmashes. What's the best way to approach and then when the damage is high enough, appropriately kill a higher-tier character who out-prioritizes you? :< Thanks
Falco - powershield lasers, and dair his face once in close. Kill him with gimps!

MK - don't approach. Throw turnips while throwing out an aerial on occasion. Kill him with a sweetspotted ftilt after dodging a dsmash, or whatever else he throws out.

BentoBox

Smash Master
falco u-tilt > peach d-air. I'd rather close in with a jab or anything quicker than having to jump right next to him... he can also grab you at 0% for a 30~40% combo?

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
I tilt my control stick diagonal after I instant float to do it.
I think Goku floats using the control stick, that's why he can't maintain a floating Dair.

There are two ways you can do a Floating Dair.

1) You can float with the control stick, then that means you need to press down on the c-stick to do dair while floating. Your c-stick has to be set to smash or tilt for this.

2) The more common method is that you float by pressing down on the control stick + the jump (X, Y on default control). You float by holding Y or X, and then you just perform a control stick + A to perform a Dair.

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I think Goku floats using the control stick, that's why he can't maintain a floating Dair.
What're you talking about? I dont float using just the control stick if that's what you mean.

2) The more common method is that you float by pressing down on the control stick + the jump (X, Y on default control). You float by holding Y or X, and then you just perform a control stick + A to perform a Dair.
^ I do this.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
What're you talking about? I dont float using just the control stick if that's what you mean.

No, I mean SSJ5Goku8932 floats using the control stick tilted up. If you have tap-jump on, you can just float defaultly after a second jump by holding the control stick up. Goku says he can't use a Dair while floating, so I think he uses this method of floating.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Why do a certain members act stupid? The other character boards are constantly rolling our eyes at this place.

And how long can float last?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
It's 4 seconds :p
You can float across Battlefield with it, and it's 4 seconds approx.

If it were 2 seconds you would barely be able to perform 2 consecutive Dairs and without hitting anything

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
She performs 4 Uairs at 1:50 approx., that's almost 4 seconds :p

I wouldn't trust those "comprehensive" moveset videos anyway, they're old and the person who recorded didn't seem to know much.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord

There are two ways you can do a Floating Dair.

1) You can float with the control stick, then that means you need to press down on the c-stick to do dair while floating. Your c-stick has to be set to smash or tilt for this.

Unfortunately,I use the Wiichuk combo.C stick is my Dpad.I could not find a gamecube controller.

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I have a few questions I would like to ask the board their opinions on, before I make any major actions..

Do you think I should unsticky Niko's Frame data, and SDI project thread? Excel as recently been updating his guide http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=170664 and has included Niko's frame data. Niko has posted his SDI project thread in the Tactical discussion boards I believe so I dont really see any points in keeping these, however I dont want to do anything the board doesnt agree on. Also I might take the match up thread into consideration of unsticking when it's over since Excel is updating his guide with this as well.

In replacement I was thinking of resticking Excel's guide that I gave the Url for above since he's updating it again.

BentoBox

Smash Master
@gem

It really depends on whether or not he comes through with it and actually updates it with peach specific counters to the listed moves. So far, only swordgard contributed and Niko has shown no sign of life. And now that his account got banned (is it temporary or perm?) he won't be able to edit his post in a while...

As you said, the info found in that thread can also be found in tactical so until it concretly relates to Peach, it really doesn't need to be up there.

Top Bottom